HuDawg

A few things that can help smooth out game play

3 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I've played the game long enough to know Jason would bounce around the map or hide in the lake for the last 3 minutes every single time. 

Not talking about Jumping in the lake.  By using your logic.  Jason could jump in the lake anytime he wants.  At least if this is your excuse theres only 3 mins left.

4 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

My point is it's not a good idea, will solve absolutely zero problems, and won't do a damn thing to make a match more entertaining. Is that clear enough?

Its not clear.. because you're WRONG.    (Also who said anything about solving problems?)

It sure as hell would make the game more entertaining.   Like a hot tag in a wrestling match. Showing up at the end trying to be a hero.

3 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Really dude, I assume you are just being a troll but I meant 3 minutes left, is that better

Then who cares?  They are dead.. game over.  

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I got to agree, I just don’t see it making the game better or more climactic.

Really?   Showing up at the last 3 mins of the game looking to save the last few counselors or go for a kill sure as hell would make the game climatic.

I can only imagine myself watching because im dead.. Coming in as a Tommy (with a buff) with a few minutes left and trying to help counselors escape or kill Jason.  Sounds a hell of a lot more exciting to me.

Just now, HuDawg said:

Not talking about Jumping in the lake.  By using your logic.  Jason could jump in the lake anytime he wants.  At least if this is your excuse theres only 3 mins left.

Jason can jump in the lake anytime. But if there's 8-10 minutes left I have plenty of time to trick him into doing something stupid. If there's 3 minutes left and I spawn in on the other side of the map and I spend 2 minutes getting to the sweater girl and running to the lake that doesn't leave time for anything. 

4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

sure as hell would make the game more entertaining.   Like a hot tag in a wrestling match. Showing up at the end trying to be a hero.

Not really. The match would be over before he spawns in or there wouldn't be enough time to do anything. Plus how can he be a hero if there's nobody left to save. 

6 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Its not clear.. because you're WRONG.    (Also who said anything about solving problems?)

Then what's the point?

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

can only imagine myself watching because im dead.. Coming in as a Tommy (with a buff) with a few minutes left and trying to help counselors escape or kill Jason.  Sounds a hell of a lot more exciting to me.

The next time you're Tommy wait til the two minute warning to do anything and let me know how that works out for you...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Jason can jump in the lake anytime. But if there's 8-10 minutes left I have plenty of time to trick him into doing something stupid 

Plenty of time to trick him? ..  Ain't no one with half a brain playing this game to watch you try to trick Jason out of lake to kill him for 10 mins.

Id rather have 3 mins of that then 10 mins.  

Sorry but.. Your excuse for not liking my changes makes no sense.

Not really. The match would be over before he spawns in or there wouldn't be enough time to do anything. Plus how can he be a hero if there's nobody left to save.

How do you know the match would be over.. ?     3 mins is plenty of time to do a lot of things. 

Maybe you should learn how to play?

The next time you're Tommy wait til the two minute warning to do anything and let me know how that works out for you...

You're again not taking into context EVERYTHING I posted.  Its a package deal.

Me waiting for the 3 min mark (Not 2..never said 2.. clearly said 3) doesn't matter.  Tommy is still subject to Jason stun immunity.   And theres no last counselor bonus either.

Not a fan of the ideas, Hudawg, and I generally agree with much of what you say.

On 2/4/2019 at 11:10 AM, HuDawg said:

I know theres a suggestion part of the forum.  But I figure this should be up front.  Since im a geeeeeenius, you should read this.   

Heres a few simple changes that could really help smooth things out.. And let things play out more like a F13th film.

1.) Jasons Natural Rage timer (Without getting hit) Should be at 13 mins into the game.  (Leave getting hit to build up rage as is)

2.)  Tommy does not show up till 3 mins left in the game.  Tommy is not subject to Jason stun immunity while Jason is in rage.

3.) Last Counselor Bonus.    The last counselor alive should not be subject to Jasons stun immunity while Jason is in Rage

4.) Swap Stalk with Sense.  Give Sense a cool down recharge like Stalk

1. I do agree with. 

2. Terrible. It's way too long a wait with too little a chance of getting a return on that time investment. Also, I'd never even see Tommy, and without his return I'd also 8/8 most of the time. He's needed much earlier to make any sort of difference. Hell, with only 3 minutes good luck even finding a weapon after you run across the map to help. Jason kills would be almost nonexistent, and even his helping would be meh. He'd serve no purpose.

3. Eh. I'm iffy on this. I think Tommy being able to do this works better. 

4. I could deal with this if, as @thrawn3054 said, it was player choice. 

6 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Ain't no one with half a brain playing this game to watch you try to trick Jason out of lake to kill him for 10 mins.

Hey they can leave, right? Isn't that what you said about the people who don't want to wait for Tommy to spawn in?

6 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Me waiting for the 3 min mark (Not 2..never said 2.. clearly said 3) doesn't matter.  Tommy is still subject to Jason stun immunity.   And theres no last counselor bonus either.

I said 2 because it's going to take time to get to an objective (just for a simulation of what it would be like if your horrible idea was implemented). Do you think Tommy spawns in right next to an objective? Lol you can't spin that to a way that it sounds good. And who the hell cares about a "last counselor bonus?" Hell you'd practically be giving it to them if you spawn in with only three minutes left. 

Also gotta ask you, at what time do you think an untouched Jason goes into rage now?

11 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Also gotta ask you, at what time do you think an untouched Jason goes into rage now?

13 minutes of course the devs are poetic like that, lol.

You cant say "Tommy, come in with 3 minutes left" when who is around? Probably no one. Also doesn't make sense since Tommy's purpose is to be the hero and help other counselors escape and complete objectives. Nothing is wrong with how Tommy comes in.

I like the 13 minute rage meter timer, but it also feels silly. Think of the counselors that get beat up repeatedly. Do they really have to be ganged up on for 13 minutes? 

Why can't things to balance it out be something flares and firecrackers still stun. 

Jason isnt immune to stuns but has only 25% chance of melee weapon stun. 

Take block out of combat stance so Jason can defend himself. 

Increase Jason walking speed or give him temporary boosts when in pursuit.

Increase amount of traps for Jason or allow him to reset them. 

Honestly, things are getting pretty balanced. Jason just needs more speed in the beginning, and the counselors need some sort of defense in rage mode. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

You cant say "Tommy, come in with 3 minutes left" when who is around? Probably no one. Also doesn't make sense since Tommy's purpose is to be the hero and help other counselors escape and complete objectives. Nothing is wrong with how Tommy comes in.

I like the 13 minute rage meter timer, but it also feels silly. Think of the counselors that get beat up repeatedly. Do they really have to be ganged up on for 13 minutes? Hitting Jason should definitely speed up rage.

Why can't things to balance it out be something flares and firecrackers still stun. Maybe just one or the other, I was arguing for Firecrackers, but as a perk allows you to start with them (A perk I happen to run), the flare gun might be a better choice. 

Jason isnt immune to stuns but has only 25% chance of melee weapon stun. I think I’d rather tie it too perk percentages then a flat rate, maybe 5% plus perks.

Take block out of combat stance so Jason can defend himself. I be interested to see how this would effect combat and specifically the kill. But it might be all right.

Increase Jason walking speed or give him temporary boosts when in pursuit. Excellent idea about the boost but maybe have his speed return to normal at rage. Walking Jason’s could use a small increase and running Jason’s a slightly smaller one, imo.

Increase amount of traps for Jason or allow him to reset them. Either of these work for me.

Honestly, things are getting pretty balanced. Jason just needs more speed in the beginning, and the counselors need some sort of defense in rage mode. Good summary.

Hope you don’t mind me adding my two cents. These are all much more reasonable ideas then others that have been discussed. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I like the 13 minute rage meter timer, but it also feels silly. Think of the counselors that get beat up repeatedly. Do they really have to be ganged up on for 13 minutes? 

Increase amount of traps for Jason or allow him to reset them. 

I thought 13 minutes was for an untouched Jason. 

Also being able to reset traps would be great. I think using a pocket knife should disable them permanently, resource for resource. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Also being able to reset traps would be great. I think using a pocket knife should disable them permanently, resource for resource. 

Oh yes, fair play indeed. 

11 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Hope you don’t mind me adding my two cents. These are all much more reasonable ideas then others that have been discussed. 

You have some great insights here, thanks for the reply!

I really like your idea of tying stun chance to a perk. Too bad they cannot create a new perk that only affects Jason stun chance % during rage. 

My idea of temporary speed boost in chase is based off DbD's bloodlust. Cant work exactly like it since people window hop and such, but it will affect furniture loopers and people that walk circles and dodge shifts in open areas.

As for the flare gun/crackers, i think flare gun is the better stun to me. I didnt think about how long firecrackers last. I was only considering the possibility of how both items can miss their target. 

@Risinggrave love the idea of a pocket knife permanently disabling a trap. Really weighs in the value of hogging all the pocket knives and your teamplay. Maybe people should get a point bonus for sacrificing the knife. Some sort of team play bonus to counteract the points lost for "breaking free". Encourage people to do it a little more.

Something I havent tested yet, if Jason is in stun and grabs someone, can you throw firecrackers and make him drop them? 

17 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Not a fan of the ideas, Hudawg, and I generally agree with much of what you say.

1. I do agree with. 

2. Terrible. It's way too long a wait with too little a chance of getting a return on that time investment. Also, I'd never even see Tommy, and without his return I'd also 8/8 most of the time. He's needed much earlier to make any sort of difference. Hell, with only 3 minutes good luck even finding a weapon after you run across the map to help. Jason kills would be almost nonexistent, and even his helping would be meh. He'd serve no purpose.

3. Eh. I'm iffy on this. I think Tommy being able to do this works better. 

4. I could deal with this if, as @thrawn3054 said, it was player choice. 

Well my train of thought is like this.

Tommy is the only real character thats looking to fight Jason.  So for me it makes no sense for him not to be able to attack and stun Jason.    I personally think 3 mins is a lot of time in a 20 min game.  I was thinking about 5 mins, but I thought that was too long when combined with a Last counselor alive bonus.

When it came to the last counselor alive bonus.  For me it makes sense, because in the movies the last counselor alive always puts up a fight.  In this game, a good counselor can juke, loop and stun for a long time. 

So lets say for the sake of these ideas. Everyone escaped or died at the 10 min mark except for one counselor.  That counselor now has to avoid/fight Jason for 7 mins before Tommy showed up.  The longer the counselors stay alive as a whole, the shorter the time period the last counselor needs to survive before Tommy showed up.   (So if counselors stayed alive till 15 mins the window gets shorter.. now its only 2 mins to wait)

Also I can only say this from my own experience.  But the only Jason kill that I ever really enjoyed for myself.  Is a game where I spawned in as Tommy with a few minutes left, running to the sweater girl.  Saving her with a shotgun blast.  She tossed the axed on the ground, she sweater stunned and I killed Jason.  This took place with 2 mins left in the game on Jarvis map.   It was the only Jason kill I ever got that actually got my heart pumpin'.

19 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Hey they can leave, right? Isn't that what you said about the people who don't want to wait for Tommy to spawn in?

Sure leave.. But in terms of actual game play..

Watching Jason kill counselors and hoping to get Tommy.. is not the same as waiting for a match to end because Jason is skinny dippin'  and try hards dance near the lake.

@HuDawg... so why not have Tommy appear when Rage comes into effect? Why wait untill all counselors are gone? 

I still dont like it at all because Tommy's job is to get people to escape. Him coming inband fixing objectives before Jason has Rage is a crucial part in that. If Tommy doesnt disarm the trap, then put in the fuse until Jason has rage, how many counselors are left even to wait 5 minutes until they arrive? At the same time all of J's abilities are rapidly replenishing. 

@Risinggrave I can agree with the being able to swap Jason abilities to a customized choice, but only for sense and stalk. Otherwise it shifts balance into Jason's hand again quite a bit. Start with Morph and Shift 40 seconds in would be crazy to see how quickly Jman could wipe a lobby. 

7 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

@Risinggrave love the idea of a pocket knife permanently disabling a trap. Really weighs in the value of hogging all the pocket knives and your teamplay. Maybe people should get a point bonus for sacrificing the knife. Some sort of team play bonus to counteract the points lost for "breaking free". Encourage people to do it a little more.

Something I havent tested yet, if Jason is in stun and grabs someone, can you throw firecrackers and make him drop them? 

I was thinking much the same thing. A counselor has to decide if it's more important to share the resource and hope to get off the map or hoard it and hope that the rest stay alive long enough to be able to survive the night. I can dig points being given for it. 

To my knowledge, firecrackers don't affect Jason at all. While I can't say definitively, I'd guess that the answer is no, Jason won't drop a counselor when firecrackers are used.

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Well my train of thought is like this.

Tommy is the only real character thats looking to fight Jason.  So for me it makes no sense for him not to be able to attack and stun Jason.    I personally think 3 mins is a lot of time in a 20 min game.  I was thinking about 5 mins, but I thought that was too long when combined with a Last counselor alive bonus.

When it came to the last counselor alive bonus.  For me it makes sense, because in the movies the last counselor alive always puts up a fight.  In this game, a good counselor can juke, loop and stun for a long time. 

So lets say for the sake of these ideas. Everyone escaped or died at the 10 min mark except for one counselor.  That counselor now has to avoid/fight Jason for 7 mins before Tommy showed up.  The longer the counselors stay alive as a whole, the shorter the time period the last counselor needs to survive before Tommy showed up.   (So if counselors stayed alive till 15 mins the window gets shorter.. now its only 2 mins to wait)

Also I can only say this from my own experience.  But the only Jason kill that I ever really enjoyed for myself.  Is a game where I spawned in as Tommy with a few minutes left, running to the sweater girl.  Saving her with a shotgun blast.  She tossed the axed on the ground, she sweater stunned and I killed Jason.  This took place with 2 mins left in the game on Jarvis map.   It was the only Jason kill I ever got that actually got my heart pumpin'.

When I come in as Tommy, I generally have to run across a map to accomplish anything. Three minutes isn't a lot of time. With that, Tommy actually works best when playing under Jason's nose. Go fix a car, or a phone before Jason locates you. I've seen TJ save half a lobby before by not Leroy Jenkin's it over into Jason's AO first thing. Your ideas place a lot of limitations on Tommy, and how he is played. Also good luck getting an 8/8, because wearing down Tommy and the final girl within two minutes isn't going to happen. 

20 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

@Risinggrave I can agree with the being able to swap Jason abilities to a customized choice, but only for sense and stalk. Otherwise it shifts balance into Jason's hand again quite a bit. Start with Morph and Shift 40 seconds in would be crazy to see how quickly Jman could wipe a lobby. 

Yeah, some people have been saying "Start with Stalk, it'll be better" for some time now. Stalk and sense were all that I meant. With that anything that incentivizes locking doors is a good thing. The chance Jason can stalk would definitely have anybody with a grasp of the meta doing so. With that, sometimes doors still get knocked down silently, so that would need to be fixed before a stalk/sense swap is something I'd want.

48 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

@HuDawg... so why not have Tommy appear when Rage comes into effect? Why wait untill all counselors are gone? 

I still dont like it at all because Tommy's job is to get people to escape. Him coming inband fixing objectives before Jason has Rage is a crucial part in that. If Tommy doesnt disarm the trap, then put in the fuse until Jason has rage, how many counselors are left even to wait 5 minutes until they arrive? 

Imo it makes no sense for Tomny to spawn in and phone the cops..  Fixing vehicles and killing Jason, seems more fitting.

Reason for waiting till 3 mins is too help with a last second escape or Jason kill.. 

Guess some people got too used to how things are, i understand.  Maybe 3 mins is too short.  But imo a buffed Tommy and a buffed  last counselor should not have that much screen time.