HuDawg

A few things that can help smooth out game play

I know theres a suggestion part of the forum.  But I figure this should be up front.  Since im a geeeeeenius, you should read this.   

Heres a few simple changes that could really help smooth things out.. And let things play out more like a F13th film.

1.) Jasons Natural Rage timer (Without getting hit) Should be at 13 mins into the game.  (Leave getting hit to build up rage as is)

2.)  Tommy does not show up till 3 mins left in the game.  Tommy is not subject to Jason stun immunity while Jason is in rage.

3.) Last Counselor Bonus.    The last counselor alive should not be subject to Jasons stun immunity while Jason is in Rage

4.) Swap Stalk with Sense.  Give Sense a cool down recharge like Stalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

1.) Jasons Natural Rage timer (Without getting hit) Should be at 13 mins into the game.  (Leave getting hit to build up rage as is)

I like this, it’s good.

6 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I know theres a suggestion part of the forum.  But I figure this should be up front.  Since im a geeeeeenius, you should read this.   

Heres a few simple changes that could really help smooth things out.. And let things play out more like a F13th film.

2.)  Tommy does not show up till 3 mins left in the game.  Tommy is not subject to Jason stun immunity while Jason is in rage.

3.) Last Counselor Bonus.    The last counselor alive should not be subject to Jasons stun immunity while Jason is in Rage

I think all of this is decent except the Tommy not showing up till late, I still think there should be a 1 or 2 sec “head turn” stun while in rage so you can get away without him just slashing you down, after said stun maybe give him a 10 sec no stun period so the gang bangs don’t continue 

3 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

I think all of this is decent except the Tommy not showing up till late, 

Tommy showing up is late with immunity to stun makes it feel more special.

Its also gives Jason a full match and prevents the game from ending too early, if players try to push an earlyy Jason kill.

1 hour ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Ya well if you die early people won’t want to wait around for 15 min to see if they are tommy

They can just leave?

26 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

They can just leave?

Is that everyone's answer to everything? Maybe everyone that complained about Jason getting beat up should have just left? Telling people to leave over everything isn't the answer.

2 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Ya well if you die early people won’t want to wait around for 15 min to see if they are tommy

This is a valid argument, hard to argue with it when you take into consideration that if he can’t spawn Jason is being given the opportunity to tunnel all the female Counselors with out Tommy’s interference and the potential he might get killed. 

This new Tommy delay sounds like the opposite of having balls @HuDawg, it gives Jason artificial protection.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HuDawg said:

1) It's already pretty close to that 13 minutes in as is.

2) No. People will not want to wait that long. Also what happens if everybody else dies before that? No Jarvis at all? 

As a counter proposal, Jarvis spawns three minutes after the second person dies/escapes. 

3) I thought the stun immunity was a bad idea so it's hard to completely support this. That said I'd take this to rebalance the final chase a bit.

4) I have no objection to this really. Only thing I'd add is making it the players choice. 

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

As a counter proposal, Jarvis spawns three minutes after the second person dies/escapes

Tommy wont spawn in until about 5 minutes into the match if the first two people die early right now. That part is fine. There are other issues with Jarvis that'll come to light as more people figure it out but I won't go into any of that right now. 

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Tommy showing up is late with immunity to stun makes it feel more special.

Its also gives Jason a full match and prevents the game from ending too early, if players try to push an earlyy Jason kill.

Lol you really must be worried about dying as Jason. Maybe you should main pt 2. He can cut the power to the whole camp before most lobbies can even find the radio to make the call...

6 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Lol you really must be worried about dying as Jason. Maybe you should main pt 2. He can cut the power to the whole camp before most lobbies can even find the radio to make the call...

I don't main Jason nor do I even main a specific Jason.. WTF are you babbling about?   Waaaaa play 2 waaaaa.. aaack

Its got nothing to do with 'worrying about dying as Jason' and its all about entertainment and making sure the game has a climatic ending.

That means both Tommy and Jason can't die early..  And when Tommy does show up, he can still Stun Jason/Kill Jason.

8 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Is that everyone's answer to everything? Maybe everyone that complained about Jason getting beat up should have just left? Telling people to leave over everything isn't the answer.

Dude.. they already DIED.     If players that died don't want to hang around for the rest of the match and 'maybe' get a chance to play as Tommy and save some players or kill Jason.   I don't give a fuck.

So ya.. they can leave.. its as simple as that.

8 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This new Tommy delay sounds like the opposite of having balls @HuDawg, it gives Jason artificial protection.

Tommy or Jason dying early is anti climatic in terms of entertainment value.

In this case Tommy is actually given a buff and comes in like a hot tag.

53 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I don't main Jason nor do I even main a specific Jason.. WTF are you babbling about?   Waaaaa play 2 waaaaa.. aaack

Its got nothing to do with 'worrying about dying as Jason' and its all about entertainment and making sure the game has a climatic ending.

That means both Tommy and Jason can't die early..  And when Tommy does show up, he can still Stun Jason/Kill Jason.

It would be pretty anticlimactic if Tommy spawns in, everyone else is dead, and he spends the rest of the match chain stunning Jason...

15 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

It would be pretty anticlimactic if Tommy spawns in, everyone else is dead, and he spends the rest of the match chain stunning Jason...

Tommy won't spawn in if everyones dead, since the game would be over.  Besides even if Tommy spawns into the game and the last counselor just died.  Theres only 3 mins left. (Rest of match?)

On top of that.  You're not taking into consideration the LAST counselor alive bonus that I also mentioned.

28 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Tommy won't spawn in if everyones dead, since the game would be over.  Besides even if Tommy spawns into the game and the last counselor just died.  Theres only 3 mins left. (Rest of match?)

On top of that.  You're not taking into consideration the LAST counselor alive bonus that I also mentioned.

As the game is now, most of the time everyone is dead or escaped by the 3 minute mark so in most games Tommy won’t even spawn in. And by chance someone is still alive Tommy usually spawns on the other side of the map so by the time he gets there he will have less then 2 min to “save all the counselors” 

16 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

As the game is now, most of the time everyone is dead or escaped by the 3 minute mark

You must be playing a different game than me.. Even bots on easy last longer than 3 mins.

16 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

. And by chance someone is still alive 

Chance or no chance.  You're not taking into context many things here.

Games on average last about 10-20 mins.   With the added Last Counselor Bonus I also mentioned, it would be a very common sight to see at least ONE counselor last till 3 mins left and Tommy showing up. Depending on how well Counselors and Jason played

3 mins is a long time in game time.  Tommy would have enough time to show up and kill Jaosn OR help counselors escape.

@HuDawg, I get what you’re trying to accomplish by having Tommy spawn in late but as I said before it feels like an artificial protection. It would lead to good Jason’s spawn killing Tommy as they would know exactly when he’s entering the match, it also doesn’t give him time to grab parts and fix objectives for other Counselors that may still be alive, so as Tommy you’re forced into fighting for the kill. 

I do still like the poetic, rage hits at 13 minute mark if Jason takes no extra hits. 

Also @HuDawg you're guaranteeing only bad Jasons die since most good Jasons clear the lobby in 10-15 minutes. The time Tommy spawns in is fine. If they're going to make it harder to kill Jason this is definitely not the way...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@HuDawg, I get what you’re trying to accomplish by having Tommy spawn in late but as I said before it feels like an artificial protection. It would lead to good Jason’s spawn killing Tommy as they would know exactly when he’s entering the match, it also doesn’t give him time to grab parts and fix objectives for other Counselors that may still be alive, so as Tommy you’re forced into fighting for the kill. 

3 mins is a lot of Time for Tommy to help the counselors escape or kill Jason.  

Its not artificial protection from my stand point.  Its actually a Tommy Buff and forces players to play him as he should be played.

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

3 mins is a lot of Time for Tommy to help the counselors escape or kill Jason.  

Its not artificial protection from my stand point.  Its actually a Tommy Buff and forces players to play him as he should be played.

For 3 minutes I can run around in circles doing absolutely nothing. That would do nothing to force players to play him as he should be played. 

Just now, Somethin Cool said:

good Jasons clear the lobby in 10-15 minutes. 

This is just not true tho..   I've played this game long enough to know this.

1 minute ago, Somethin Cool said:

The time Tommy spawns in is fine. If they're going to make it harder to kill Jason this is definitely not the way...

Im not trying to make it harder to kill Jason.    Im trying to make killing Jason and Tommy showing up be more climatic and entertaining as a finale to the game. 

3 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

For 3 minutes I can run around in circles doing absolutely nothing. That would do nothing to force players to play him as he should be played. 

You can do this now without my changes..   WTF is your point?

At least with my changes.. Its better. 

Remember im a geeeeeeeeeenius.. 

• Haha 1

Just now, HuDawg said:

This is just not true tho..   I've played this game long enough to know this.

Im not trying to make it harder to kill Jason.    Im trying to make killing Jason and Tommy showing up be more climatic and entertaining as a finale to the game. 

I've played the game long enough to know Jason would bounce around the map or hide in the lake for the last 3 minutes every single time. Sounds very climactic....

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

You can do this now without my changes..   WTF is your point?

My point is it's not a good idea, will solve absolutely zero problems, and won't do a damn thing to make a match more entertaining. Is that clear enough?

1 minute ago, Somethin Cool said:

My point is it's not a good idea, will solve absolutely zero problems, and won't do a damn thing to make a match more entertaining. Is that clear enough?

I got to agree, I just don’t see it making the game better or more climactic. I’m glad our resident genius is making suggestions but think this one is pointless. (Or a way to not worry about Tommy)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

You must be playing a different game than me.. Even bots on easy last longer than 3 mins.

Really dude, I assume you are just being a troll but I meant 3 minutes left, is that better