Sign in to follow this  
Wellhiya

I’m getting sick of the complaining

Jason is supposed to be hard, he is supposed to be OP. Jason should absolutely win the majority of the matches, killing him should be very rare and difficult. Fighting Jason should Be a last resort, running from him is the point. How is this hard to understand. I’m sorry some people don’t like losing, but somebody always has to lose and the point of the genre and the spirit of the game is Jason wins most of the time. Escaping should be a challenge 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

@Wellhiya Many of us are right with you on that one. It'll be a little more time with the heavy complaining, then it'll slack up. It happens with every patch.

You're exactly right, OP, I totally agree with all that. Yes, lots of people complain, but you get used to it around here 😄

Escape before he gets raged. Problem solved. If he gets you, hard luck, try again next game. Feels more satisfying escaping by the skin of your teeth. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

@Wellhiya Many of us are right with you on that one. It'll be a little more time with the heavy complaining, then it'll slack up. It happens with every patch.

This. 

Seen it before, you get an influx of new forum members screaming about tweaks to jason then they disappear. 

A lot of the complaining is justified imo. This update forces you to play one way: escape asap. Then you have to spectate for the next 15 minutes. That kills the replay ability of this game because you can only play one way if ur goal is to survive.

The biggest problem pre patch was Jason being bullied. Why? Because he could be stunned every 3-5 seconds. Slashing wouldn’t help against groups because everyone had med sprays. And grabbing was pointless because someone is gonna stun you the minute you do. 

A better patch imo would of been:

Keep the buff to Jason’s weapon (damaging more then 1 counselor)

Make Jason’s traps a couple inches wider to completely block an entrance. (Right now people can still get around traps at Jason’s shack)

Remove Medic. (It results in way to many med Sprays for groups)

Reduce the amount of med sprays on the map (this would encourage more people to use PK’s on traps) 

PRE-RAGE: 

Once Stunned Jason can’t be stunned again for 30 seconds. (A 25 second increase compared to pre-patch)

10% damage increase to throwing knifes. (Almost everyone runs thick skin, it’s basically a crutch perk, so the knifes’ strength needs to come up)

POST-RAGE:

Jason can only be stunned once every 45 seconds.

Stun time decreased. (You don’t have to spam A or X, you just naturally come out of it after 3 seconds or so)

20% damage increase to throwing knifes. 

Cant be stunned  when busting through doors until 5 seconds have passed.

Won’t drop counslors once a player is grabbed & attacked by another teammate.

Dont show Jason’s icon on the map AT ALL.

No VHS static. (This one I’m on the ropes about)

& finally, For the Final 2 minutes, Jason can’t be stunned. The final minutes should be the hardest part of the night.

Before this patch most Jason’s we’re clearing lobbies anyway, this would buff Jason while still giving counselors a fair chance & add depth back to the game.

sorry for the long post, just wanted to share my thoughts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

A lot of the complaining is justified imo. This update forces you to play one way: escape asap. Then you have to spectate for the next 15 minutes. That kills the replay ability of this game because you can only play one way if ur goal is to survive.

Well the whole point of playing as counselors is to escape or die.  Not fight Jason.   This is probably why this update for me means theres NO justification for complaining.   You can still fight Jason, its just now the shit show stun fest ends when he gets rage.  

Also.. when I do spectate.  Im expecting Jason to entertain me with kills.  Not watch counselors fight him for the last 10-15 mins.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Well the whole point of playing as counselors is to escape or die.  Not fight Jason.   This is probably why this update for me means theres NO justification for complaining.   You can still fight Jason, its just now the shit show stun fest ends when he gets rage.  

Also.. when I do spectate.  Im expecting Jason to entertain me with kills.  Not watch counselors fight him for the last 10-15 mins.

Yeah, or worse, hiding in the lake while everybody has a dance a thon at the exit and refusing to leave. 

I feel like the level of complaining directly cooerelates to the amount of former Jason trolls that are now getting smashed up....change my mind..

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

The biggest problem pre patch was Jason being bullied. Why? Because he could be stunned every 3-5 seconds. Slashing wouldn’t help against groups because everyone had med sprays. And grabbing was pointless because someone is gonna stun you the minute you do. 

A better patch imo would of been:

Keep the buff to Jason’s weapon (damaging more then 1 counselor)

Make Jason’s traps a couple inches wider to completely block an entrance. (Right now people can still get around traps at Jason’s shack)

Remove Medic. (It results in way to many med Sprays for groups)

Reduce the amount of med sprays on the map (this would encourage more people to use PK’s on traps) 

PRE-RAGE: 

Once Stunned Jason can’t be stunned again for 30 seconds. (A 25 second increase compared to pre-patch)

10% damage increase to throwing knifes. (Almost everyone runs thick skin, it’s basically a crutch perk, so the knifes’ strength needs to come up)

POST-RAGE:

Jason can only be stunned once every 45 seconds.

Stun time decreased. (You don’t have to spam A or X, you just naturally come out of it after 3 seconds or so)

20% damage increase to throwing knifes. 

Cant be stunned  when busting through doors until 5 seconds have passed.

Won’t drop counslors once a player is grabbed & attacked by another teammate.

Dont show Jason’s icon on the map AT ALL.

No VHS static. (This one I’m on the ropes about)

& finally, For the Final 2 minutes, Jason can’t be stunned. The final minutes should be the hardest part of the night.

Before this patch most Jason’s we’re clearing lobbies anyway, this would buff Jason while still giving counselors a fair chance & add depth back to the game.

sorry for the long post, just wanted to share my thoughts.

Constructive criticism is different from complaining. I like all these ideas and would be in favor of all of the above

Dying as Jason rare? Now that they fixes the bug where couldn't die during Rage, he is easier to kill than he ever has been. Jason takes more damage on non stunning melee attacks, which is the entirety of what heis hit with when he gets Rage. Between this and the suiciding to get Tommy being changed, youcan simply run Potent Ranger, Sucker Punch, and Slugger, have your friend suicide, let Jason kill you, guarantee that you come back as Tommy, and get what is basically a free kill at that point.

Aside from those who trolled and bullied Jason for the full 20 minutes, this patch is actually a huge nerf to Jason against kill squads. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nougat said:

Dying as Jason rare? Now that they fixes the bug where couldn't die during Rage, he is easier to kill than he ever has been. Jason takes more damage on non stunning melee attacks, which is the entirety of what heis hit with when he gets Rage. Between this and the suiciding to get Tommy being changed, youcan simply run Potent Ranger, Sucker Punch, and Slugger, have your friend suicide, let Jason kill you, guarantee that you come back as Tommy, and get what is basically a free kill at that point.

Aside from those who trolled and bullied Jason for the full 20 minutes, this patch is actually a huge nerf to Jason against kill squads. 

Its better to take more damage.. then to stand in one spot for 5-10 seconds like a tree stump.. Allowing counsellors to heal or re group/run away.

Its much easier now to tunnel a player and slash them to death in seconds when in rage. This puts way more pressure on Tommy or the sweater girl.

So i don't see how its a nerf to Jason. 

7 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

No... the complaining is not justified for the most part. It is coming from the trolls that were causing the very same issues that the patch was trying to solve... Many were even complaining before the patch dropped and they had a chance to play it... which makes me ask a question... why should we give any of those people ANY credibility? It was also expected... no one needed to be a psychic to know this would happen... and exactly the type of players it would come from.
   This really only removes one style of play... and only after rage hits. How exactly does that kill replay ability?... that is, unless you were one of the trolls responsible for the problems that led to this patch in the first place?... and no, there are still several ways to survive, not just one.... and kitting Jason without hitting him is still just as easy as it was before the patch... and this is coming from someone who only plays the slowest counselors with crappy stamina. In my opinion, the high speed and high stamina counselors are just too easy to kite him with... but I am against nerfing them too. The issues here were trying to slow or stop the piñata parties and make the Jason kill actually difficult to achieve as it was intended.

Although.... you do have some good ideas in that post... many would cause far more complaining than what is going on here... Like, removing medic (I do not disagree with this), or removing med sprays (I am also not necessarily against this, but only as long as medic continues to function as it is now), or 10% damage increase to throwing knives (I am also not against this, but it would seriously hurt every player that does not use thick skin and or medic... people like me, yet I am still not against this), or won't drop counselor when hit, this one would cause more complaining than the new patch has. And I guarantee you, your stun resistance suggestions would cause just as much complaining (for the same reasons) by the same people already complaining about the patch.
    Too many changes at once is almost uniformly a bad thing... baby steps are the way to go.

Before this patch... it was just as easy to miss a carload of 4 people... and then they are gone and you can no longer wipe out that lobby... and this is still a thing.
    Before this patch, when people can actually work together and forgo the speed looting, it was very possible to have both cars going and escape with 6... count 'em… 6 counselors before Jason had his first shift available.... Try stopping one car without shift, let alone two of them... and good luck with that, the rest of us already know how that works out... This is still very possible and I have seen it from Jason's perspective a few times and participated in it from the counselor's side quite a few times as well.
     Although quite a few people are fond of saying the boat is useless now, I still escape on the boat regularly... it is my favorite method of escape... and being I still escape regularly with it, it is far from useless.
     Counselors still have a chance to do everything they were doing before... except stunning Jason in rage mode. And I have been seeing way more low scoring matches for Jason players than I have been seeing total lobby kills... Killing Jason is still a thing and still easy to do... and even surviving the night, some are saying this is impossible now... maybe for them, but I keep seeing players doing it, which is exactly the opposite of impossible. 

Some of us do not mind long posts... but I also apologize for them sometimes too.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Wellhiya said:

Jason is supposed to be hard, he is supposed to be OP. Jason should absolutely win the majority of the matches, killing him should be very rare and difficult. Fighting Jason should Be a last resort, running from him is the point. How is this hard to understand. I’m sorry some people don’t like losing, but somebody always has to lose and the point of the genre and the spirit of the game is Jason wins most of the time. Escaping should be a challenge 

You're not wrong.

This patch was fantastic. It really bring me the joy to play the game again. Jason is supposed to be strong and not a joke bullied by 3-4 Vanessa's teaming up.

This patch made counselors play by doing the objectives instead of just running and teaming up to kill Jason or hit him endlessly until the time is up.

10/10 patch.

14 hours ago, kohagan said:

This. 

Seen it before, you get an influx of new forum members screaming about tweaks to jason then they disappear. 

Yep. I've noticed that registration is disabled again, likely due to people taking comments too far.

1 hour ago, AJViolet said:

This patch was fantastic. It really bring me the joy to play the game again. Jason is supposed to be strong and not a joke bullied by 3-4 Vanessa's teaming up.

This patch made counselors play by doing the objectives instead of just running and teaming up to kill Jason or hit him endlessly until the time is up.

10/10 patch.

Not for everybody

39 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Yep. I've noticed that registration is disabled again, likely due to people taking comments too far.

Everyone should be able to comment on what they think about the patch, a lot of people hate the no stun , myself included

10 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Something else is responsible, that’s all I’ll say on the matter though so don’t ask, it isn’t on the people who came to complain.

8 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Everyone should be able to comment on what they think about the patch, a lot of people hate the no stun , myself included

Fair Play made a fair assumption, and even said it that way by including ‘likely’ in his statement. Your allowed to voice your opinion and are welcome in camp @Urmomsnewman, don’t feel like it was an attack on the new people, it was only an observation. 

5 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

You are right, everyone has a right to comment. It's how people that comment that matters. Registration gets disabled when someone takes things too far. It'll open again sooner or later.

I wish they would open it back up as a lot of people want to come discuss the patch( mostly negative) which is what the people who dislike it need the devs to hear

16 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

I wish they would open it back up as a lot of people want to come discuss the patch( mostly negative) which is what the people who dislike it need the devs to hear

They’ll have to use twitter and Facebook for now. 

Can we get back on topic now, I wasn’t done complaining about all the complaints yet.... 😕

23 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Once things cool down for a bit, it'll open back up to new users. For now, keep comments civil and on point, and things will be fine.

17 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Many people are not

2 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Many people are not

Dude, you’ve made your stance clear in several posts just in this thread alone. You don’t like the patch, we get it.