Sign in to follow this  
Wellhiya

What did I do wrong?

Called the cops, juked Jason a bunch, then was his only kill (guess I’m not as good as I thought) came back as Tommy (at the far side of the map) by the time I catch up to the councilors only one has not escaped and she shows up with a sweater and an axe. She drops the axe, I shotgun Jason, pick up the axe and juke a bit and managed to knock off the mask. She sweaters him and while frozen I hit him with the axe, he gets knocked out of sweater state and comes after us and we both juke till the time runs out. I’m a seasoned councilor, a great Jason, but not too experienced in Jason killing. What did I do wrong?

Try hitting him from behind with the axe. If you tried before the new update(yesterday) the kill was glitched. I always hit from behind with the axe and unless someone uses the glitch,it always drops him. 

15 minutes ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

Try hitting him from behind with the axe. If you tried before the new update(yesterday) the kill was glitched. I always hit from behind with the axe and unless someone uses the glitch,it always drops him. 

I’m on ps4 and updated today, guess I’ll try hitting from behind next time 

1 hour ago, Wellhiya said:

I’m on ps4 and updated today, guess I’ll try hitting from behind next time 

Have sucker punch on your character if you plan to be Tommy 25% sucker punch with an axe is almost guaranteed to drop Jason, also you need to strike Jason early in the animation of the sweater. Late strikes may fail

6 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Have sucker punch on your character if you plan to be Tommy 25% sucker punch with an axe is almost guaranteed to drop Jason, also you need to strike Jason early in the animation of the sweater. Late strikes may fail

Oh ok, I thought if you did things in the right order it was 100% guaranteed, I didn’t realize there was a chance for it to just not work. Thank you for that, now I don’t feel so bad, and will try to strike earlier next time

Yeah the axe can fail ro drop him. I've never noticed it mattering if you hit him from yhe front or back though. My preferred method has been Tommy and sweater girl go into the shack. Sweater girl hides by the door fram in the second room. She triggers sweater as Jason enters the door fram. Tommy hits him and burries the axe in him. I don't think that method has ever failed me.

31 minutes ago, Wellhiya said:

Oh ok, I thought if you did things in the right order it was 100% guaranteed, I didn’t realize there was a chance for it to just not work. Thank you for that, now I don’t feel so bad, and will try to strike earlier next time

It is something you will discover the more you do it, it is quite fun. I have opened a topic on the fixing of the glitch of the killing and I did post some footage to show how precisely the timing is.

All in all it mostly works if you follow the steps I have mentioned. 

Good luck with your endeavour :)

19 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Yeah the axe can fail ro drop him. I've never noticed it mattering if you hit him from yhe front or back though. My preferred method has been Tommy and sweater girl go into the shack. Sweater girl hides by the door fram in the second room. She triggers sweater as Jason enters the door fram. Tommy hits him and burries the axe in him. I don't think that method has ever failed me.

Front and back are both usually safe, side sometimes glitches.

I would say the most important is the timing, hit early in the animation and it's easier to drop him (granted you have the correct weapon)

Also make sure that he has nothing around him that can cause the animation to not work. Hills,rocks,walls,fences or anything else that can block the hit box. 

There might still be some glitches associated with the sweater. For example you use the sweater but it has no effect on Jason. Then when someone attacks him he falls on his knees.

Be careful not to use the sweater too early, either. I screwed one up last night. Tommy escaped a grab with a PK, and even though I waited a couple of seconds Jason was still in the animation of pulling the knife out of his neck when I hit the sweater. Felt like a dumbass because we had done everything right up to that point. Tommy and a couple of other counselors kept him busy, I ran across the map and back to fetch the sweater without interference, and it was the only way left for us to win (both cars had been driven out by then). Tommy, even without a mic, even did what he was supposed to do after I used the sweater by picking up the axe I dropped and hitting Jason to try and drop him to his knees.

Good tactical awareness all around, and then I screwed it up at the last second.

42 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

There might still be some glitches associated with the sweater. For example you use the sweater but it has no effect on Jason. Then when someone attacks him he falls on his knees.

33 minutes ago, Bonker2468 said:

Be careful not to use the sweater too early, either. I screwed one up last night. Tommy escaped a grab with a PK, and even though I waited a couple of seconds Jason was still in the animation of pulling the knife out of his neck when I hit the sweater. Felt like a dumbass because we had done everything right up to that point. Tommy and a couple of other counselors kept him busy, I ran across the map and back to fetch the sweater without interference, and it was the only way left for us to win (both cars had been driven out by then). Tommy, even without a mic, even did what he was supposed to do after I used the sweater by picking up the axe I dropped and hitting Jason to try and drop him to his knees.

Good tactical awareness all around, and then I screwed it up at the last second.

This two are often connected, you may launch the sweater while Jason is another animation and sometimes it utterly fails, sometimes you can still hit him and make him kneel even if the sweater didn't stop him.

As a general rule you need to start the sweater when Jason is capable of moving, if you see a step after a stun then you can do it.

Sweater has priority over morphing and shifting, so if Jason is in the range and you click triangle, the sweater blocks a shift grab or a morph to run away.

This may be risky sometimes because sweater girl may end up blocking Tommy from reaching Jason's front for the kill

9 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

This two are often connected, you may launch the sweater while Jason is another animation and sometimes it utterly fails, sometimes you can still hit him and make him kneel even if the sweater didn't stop him.

As a general rule you need to start the sweater when Jason is capable of moving, if you see a step after a stun then you can do it.

Sweater has priority over morphing and shifting, so if Jason is in the range and you click triangle, the sweater blocks a shift grab or a morph to run away.

This may be risky sometimes because sweater girl may end up blocking Tommy from reaching Jason's front for the kill

Interesting. Watch this video at the 9:28 mark and tell me what you think.

50 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

Interesting. Watch this video at the 9:28 mark and tell me what you think.

Jason rage quit!

Besides that, I think the sweater was activated early and it did glitch but was registered as successful activation.

I had a similar experience in front of Higgins Haven, I activated the sweater just after a PK animation and Jason walked away after a brief stun, BUT we hit him and still kneel.

I wouldn't take the risk though, sometimes it just doesn't work. Wait one step, when Jason moves activate it.

If your screen flips because Jason is trying to shift or morph you are safe to activate.

I would have waited 1 second if I was sweater girl, although sometimes adrenaline kicks in and it's normal to activate the sweater prematurely 

I must have activated the sweater to early in this kill sequence then. This is the first that I had ever seen Jason attack after the sweater was initiated. 

For me when I’m tommy and going for the kill if I have a machete I hit him in combat stance to get him to his knees immediately after sweater stun is called. With an axe I just hit him normally immediately after sweater stun. Rarely have issues with dropping him to his knees when I follow this. So tbh I don’t think perks like sucker punch are really necessary just to drop him to his knees. It’s a good waste of a perk slot for only a kill. Just be sure to hit immediately after sweater stun and you shouldn’t have issues

Ive seen times where it simply glitches and it doersnt work unfortunately it is part of the game, Ive been playing since beta and I feel the amount of times it simply doesnt work for no good reason is 90/10. Works fine 90 times doesnt work 10 in 100 matches.

I have seen the ax fail the knee drop stun(not many times though). The only weapon I have never seen fail is the bat. The machete I have seen fail a ton of times as it is not good stun weapon. The game is known to glitch occasionally when trying to pull it off, so never surprised if the kill fails especially if working with someone new to pull it off. I'm not a Jason hunter myself as the kill to me is still too easy to feel any satisfaction afterwards of pulling it off.

On 2/3/2019 at 2:33 AM, Wellhiya said:

I’ll try hitting from behind next time 

hqdefault.jpg

I had this happen not long ago. I thought at first we were screwed because she hit the sweater earlier than I was expecting, but it worked out ok in the end.

12 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I'm not a Jason hunter myself as the kill to me is still too easy to feel any satisfaction afterwards of pulling it off.

The only time I really enjoy hunting Jason is if I get the mask off majority by myself. I like doing the main job of demasking by myself or with 1 other person. But if the entire lobby already did a lot of damage and you just have to hit him once or twice to de mask it’s not an accomplishment at all. Jason needs MORE HIT POINTS to make it a more fair fight.