This recent update will be the last death blow to this game. How could the devs actually have thought this was the best way to make Jason more feared? There are many more logical ways with different variations to have buffed Jason while also requiring skilled gameplay.
1- Give back quick block in public
2- Go back to his original grab so you could actually aim it a little or at least decrease the reset time on the lunge grab so a missed grab doesn't result in a stun
3- Show the Tommy house on his map
4- Give all Jasons more traps except part 2. 5 traps goes to six and 3 traps goes to 5, or give an option to reuse a trap or 2. Increasing trap count increase the chances to stop the Tommy call and also guard objectives. Part 9's mask falls of in the wind and he only has 3 traps to guard power box or objectives, throw in walking speed and he is almost guaranteed to die in kill lobbies.
5- Increase the amount of damage needed to get his mask off.
6- Make it to where an ax, fire poker or machete are needed to remove mask like it used to be.
7- Make him harder to stun in general. Getting stunned by Deborah with a fire poker makes zero sense, even the average man that is blood thirsty wouldn't be stunned by that.
I mean it really isn't that hard to see ways to make Jason more o.p. If those are too much work than either leave it alone or revert back to an older version of the game when Jason was still strong, it's not like there isn't newer bugs and glitches now that weren't there in the past e.g. flipping a car with a throwing knife is a newer bug.

I'm making this post to, yes complain, but to also give my opinion about this. I have been playing this game since day 3 of initial release and have not played it maybe 7 days total since then, so basically everyday. I was over escaping a long time ago. My goal became surviving the night because I saw that as the hardest thing to do in the game (most fun too) and I will say I am really f'en good at it, some of you reading this that are on PS4 probably know who I am or at least would recognize my PSN. I never saw much reason to post on this forum until now because my love for this game has been deeply ingrained in me and this new update has caused some sadness due to me actually losing interest. I have dealt with all the brokenness and even found it a little fun to have to learn what new was broken in every update,  but it is beyond broken now, it is hemorrhaging. I am not the only one to feel this way, most of the hardcores I talked to don't like it at all and are being turned away by it, you know the hardcores the ones that actually have passion for it, the ones that keep the game truly alive, not the ones that mess around for a bit dancing waiting for their friends to get home from school too so they can play Fortnite and cry when they can't play Jason good.

I get it a Soc gang of Chad's can troll the F out of Jason but unstunable rage isn't the answer. Now we are just gonna see more running Jason's that don't have to worry too much about firecrackers, bear traps, hits etc..., those are all welcomed now to increase the rage meter,  or developing skill because all they will do is rely on running the counselors out of stamina so they can slash. I'd say that we will see that those experienced players that continue to play will be even more heavily aimed at killing Jason now. Where as before they still tried to get things done 1st because Jason was/is so beatable. Now those that want the kill will go for it quick so they can get it done before rage.

I didn't make this post to trash the devs because I am truly grateful that the game was created and I got to play it for almost 2 years, meeting some cool people, playing in tournaments and running tournaments. I will have to say though that it seems like the devs don't pay attention to what the more experienced players opinions are, don't actually play the game with the public and have always listened to the cry babies about things. It would be really nice if for once they actually got input from the passionate players and hopefully they see the error in this new update, at the very, very least tweak it, like not even firecrackers can be used to help get stamina is overboard.

• Like 1

Couldn’t agree more, I think it would have been more work to actually take some of the suggestions and implement them. It’s a joke and you know dam well nobody from the team will address any concerns they will just delete them @mattshotcha

• Like 3

They will realize their major f up when they see the dramatic decrease in numbers playing in the coming weeks. Maybe they don't care if the player base dwindles down because of their new crappy projects they're working on. Anyway I can tell you that I won't be playing this on the regular like i used to do. I probably will stop playing altogether in the next few weeks myself. It's such a shame how a great game can be damaged by giving in to whiny fans.

• Like 3

On 2/2/2019 at 5:19 PM, Urmomsnewman said:

Couldn’t agree more, I think it would have been more work to actually take some of the suggestions and implement them. It’s a joke and you know dam well nobody from the team will address any concerns they will just delete them @mattshotcha

On 2/2/2019 at 11:58 PM, Urmomsnewman said:

I think the biggest issue is they see how much people hate it and don’t say anything

No one is deleting criticism as long as it is within the forum rules. 

As for statements about the change, I'll echo what I've said to others: We're sourcing all feedback, but snap decisions are not going to help here. The change is based on community feedback and mixed with the original design plan and direction of the game. The feedback we pull in on the forums and social has to also be weighed against the design of the game, because after all, changes without the game's core design in mind are unfaithful to the project. If the community asked for random soccer matches to break out with Jason playing goal, adding that to the game would not be a great idea, even if a lot of people requested it. This is the role and importance of having core design.

On that note, the core design was never to have counselors regularly all surviving. Survival/Escape should be difficult, and Jason should be feared, not toyed with. 

That said, we hear the community loud and clear and have been discussing the feedback and sentiment internally since the patch first was revealed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

On that note, the core design was never to have counselors regularly all surviving. Survival/Escape should be difficult, and Jason should be feared, not toyed with. 

That said, we hear the community loud and clear and have been discussing the feedback and sentiment internally since the patch first was revealed.

Was the core of the game to have counselors dressed in bunny suits and speedos dancing around a radio? I’m guessing that stuff kept getting added because people liked it, now I do agree people circle booting Jason was problem but it there was so many other suggestions that wouldn’t have made it no fun to be a counselor. Some people like to try and survive the night ( not bully poor Jason) now you are toast soon as he hits rage because you can’t regain stamina.

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:44 PM, didureally said:

you know the hardcores the ones that actually have passion for it,

You mean... the people that have been on these forums for ages? The people who had enough concern to actually voice their opinion and discuss likes and dislikes about the game for extended periods of time and have no plans to stop? The people that did not join to complain about one part of the game that they don't like because... gasp... it may actually make the game a challenge?

not the ones that mess around for a bit dancing waiting for their friends to get home from school too so they can play Fortnite and cry when they can't play Jason good.

You mean, the people who all just joined up to cry over the new patch?... Because that is basically what happened.

Now we are just gonna see more running Jason's that don't have to worry too much about firecrackers, bear traps, hits etc..., those are all welcomed now to increase the rage meter,  or developing skill because all they will do is rely on running the counselors out of stamina so they can slash.

I never understood why firecrackers stunned Jason at all, besides the point that he may be distracted by shiny things....
   Rage early on was always welcome, it makes it easier to find players that know how to play stealthy... now it ends the piñata parties so they can no longer last for 15 minutes +. Early rage always screwed over the players that were not fighting Jason and actually trying to finish objectives. Now it is harder to troll Jason... as it should be. It was always easy to fight Jason and stun him into oblivion... Being good at something that is easy does not make you in any way skilled... nor does it make the Jason player unskilled because you could easily stun him into oblivion. 
    Oh.. and bear traps still work, in case you missed that part. And if the slasher wants to slash... he will slash, get over it.

I'd say that we will see that those experienced players that continue to play will be even more heavily aimed at killing Jason now.

You mean the players that pound their chest because they think they have skill... because they can do something that is ridiculously easy?... But I agree they will go for more Jason kills now than before, as it has actually been made easier to achieve for reasons that have been mentioned over and over again already.

I will have to say though that it seems like the devs don't pay attention to what the more experienced players opinions are, don't actually play the game with the public and have always listened to the cry babies about things.

Listening to the crybabies is what led Jason into clown college in the first place... and he has not yet escaped it either.

It would be really nice if for once they actually got input from the passionate players

It is nice that they have listened to the passionate players... which is exactly what led to this patch.

19 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Some people like to try and survive the night ( not bully poor Jason) now you are toast soon as he hits rage because you can’t regain stamina.

I am still seeing players survive the night... you know how they do it? They don't hit Jason and actually manage their fear and stamina. These are good players that have become skilled at parts of the game that are actually difficult to accomplish... Relying on one "skill" to carrying you through anything is never going to work well for you... for many reasons.

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

This... @Urmomsnewman is what the game should be... I can tell you don't like it with how you changed the subject to the DLC's that have absolutely nothing to do with the balance changes that have been made... But a great many people actually agree with this vision of what the game should be and we hope that this vision will actually be achieved at some point.

2 minutes ago, Ahab said:

This... @Urmomsnewman is what the game should be... I can tell you don't like it with how you changed the subject to the DLC's that have absolutely nothing to do with the balance changes that have been made... But a great many people actually agree with this vision of what the game should be and we hope that this vision will actually be achieved at some point.

Ok dude you like the changes, we will put a tick in the positive for you, thanks for your great unbiased response, your opinion means the same as everyone else’s 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Listening to the crybabies is what led Jason into clown college in the first place... and he has not yet escaped it either.

It is nice that they have listened to the passionate players... which is exactly what led to this patch.

So let me get this straight, you say people were cry babies and that’s why Jason got a nerf before, but now because of people being “passionate” they gave him a buff.... you are something else

6 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

No one is deleting criticism as long as it is within the forum rules.

Some people struggle with this statement. I've rarely noticed things getting deleted or altered. The following are possible reasons that things can be altered / deleted:

1. Naming and shaming.

2. Extreme hate speech.

3. Back and forth cheap shots.

I'm not a moderator, so I don't know the specific criteria they use to determine if something needs to be deleted or altered. If you think even a little bit that something is a bad thing to post, then don't post it. Live by that rule and you can't go wrong.

On 2/2/2019 at 3:44 PM, didureally said:

It would be really nice if for once they actually got input from the passionate players and hopefully they see the error in this new update

Got 3000 plus posts here is that passion enough for you?

5 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Ok dude you like the changes, we will put a tick in the positive for you, thanks for your great unbiased response, your opinion means the same as everyone else’s 

No, an informed opinion has more value than an uninformed one. 

It isn’t only the content of what people say, it is how they say it as far as wether it’s crying or making valid points.

Please stop arguing false equivalencies, make actual arguments with points that are under debate ie. is Jason easier to kill now than he was before, answer yes. First point, he can now lose his mask at a slightly higher rate, second point, people have been encouraged to work together if they wish to survive the night and can’t kite.

Or we could just do it the way it’s done around here and I could make you feel bad. 😚 (This is meant as a joke)

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Got 3000 plus posts here is that passion enough for you?

No, an informed opinion has more value than an uninformed one. 

It isn’t only the content of what people say, it is how they say it as far as wether it’s crying or making valid points.

Please stop arguing false equivalencies, make actual arguments with points that are under debate ie. is Jason easier to kill now than he was before, answer yes. First point, he can now lose his mask at a slightly higher rate, second point, people have been encouraged to work together if they wish to survive the night and can’t kite.

Or we could just do it the way it’s done around here and I could make you feel bad. 😚 (This is meant as a joke)

I don’t care how many posts he has I bought the game on day one, I am max level, I have an entire room in my house dedicated to horror films (mainly Friday the 13th) I own the entire movie series box set on dvd and blu Ray and seen each movie at least 10 times I think, a post count in a forum isn’t that impressive and one other thing I’m a 34 year old man who doesn’t care if a person on the internet tries to make me feel bad

4 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

I don’t care how many posts he has I bought the game on day one, I am max level, I have an entire room in my house dedicated to horror films (mainly Friday the 13th) I own the entire movie series box set on dvd and blu Ray and seen each movie at least 10 times I think, a post count in a forum isn’t that impressive and one other thing I’m a 34 year old man who doesn’t care if a person on the internet tries to make me feel bad

Really, because you took that all kinda personally and jumped to establish your cred. as a horror fan? 

You told me your age and then roughly how much you make/waste on a hobby, these aren’t good ways to start a fight with someone.

As for the post count, it was mine not his. While your scrolling back and looking at it, take a second and look at my ‘like’ to ‘post’ ratio. You might notice that it doesn’t quite match up with other members. You’re new so it might not mean anything to you but there’s a reason for it. There are very few members I haven’t fought with in the last 13 months. People remember when a learning disabled guy makes them feel small and stupid on the internet.

Go take a peak at my profile page, and read my warnings. I used to not be very good at this but I learned.

As for making you feel bad, I’m pretty sure you already do. You wouldn’t post this much if you didn’t want to be part of the community. We’re not what you expected and your still looking for acceptance. 

Ok, take a deep breath maybe walk away for a minute, I’ll wait. When you come back, decide wether you want this thread locked or to start over. You should know we hear you man, you’re already more one of us than you know.

2 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Really, because you took that all kinda personally and jumped to establish your cred. as a horror fan? 

You told me your age and then roughly how much you make/waste on a hobby, these aren’t good ways to start a fight with someone.

As for the post count, it was mine not his. While your scrolling back and looking at it, take a second and look at my ‘like’ to ‘post’ ratio. You might notice that it doesn’t quite match up with other members. You’re new so it might not mean anything to you but there’s a reason for it. There are very few members I haven’t fought with in the last 13 months. People remember when a learning disabled guy makes them feel small and stupid on the internet.

Go take a peak at my profile page, and read my warnings. I used to not be very good at this but I learned.

As for making you feel bad, I’m pretty sure you already do. You wouldn’t post this much if you didn’t want to be part of the community. We’re not what you expected and your still looking for acceptance. 

Ok, take a deep breath maybe walk away for a minute, I’ll wait. When you come back, decide wether you want this thread locked or to start over. You should know we hear you man, you’re already more one of us than you know.

Dude settle down nobody is picking any fights here, I do agree that I misread your post and I apologize, as for you saying I waste time and or money on a hobby the same could be said about your wasting time on a forum for over 3000 posts, but to each his own

14 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Dude settle down nobody is picking any fights here, I do agree that I misread your post and I apologize, as for you saying I waste time and or money on a hobby the same could be said about your wasting time on a forum for over 3000 posts, but to each his own

Glad we could see this from the same place, we’re all fans. I do think you were getting awful close to picking a fight, but I think it comes more from the frustration of not knowing the intricacies of this place and not your opinion of the patch.

I actually hope you stick around, if you are a horror fan on top of being a fan of the game, you have opinions lots of us would like to hear. I have three thousand posts because this is my community, you’ll have to excuse my protectiveness of it. When I joined it was much more lively but also very toxic.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 2:44 PM, didureally said:

and I will say I am really f'en good at it, some of you reading this that are on PS4 probably know who I am or at least would recognize my PSN.

Oh do tell... I bet you're just the best there's ever been...

😆

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:25 PM, Urmomsnewman said:

Yes, I do like the changes, but more will be coming. It remains to be seen what they are and who will like them.
    Thanks for the tick in the positive!!! That makes me so happy!!!... But I prefer cookies... cookies are my only weakness.
     You are quite welcome for my unbiased opinions, I love the game from both sides of play... not just one single aspect like some others seem to... Hence unbiased opinion.

As to an informed opinion... it does mean WAY more than an uninformed opinion. Just so you know, an uninformed opinion is worthless... except to point out to everyone else that the person giving it is talking out of their ass. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but if you do not know enough about the subject at hand, then you do not have a valid opinion and WILL sound like a fool to everyone that has more information on the subject... Way more than one point needs to be considered... with anything.
    With the right to everyone having an opinion comes the right to make yourself look like a fool. That is a life lesson everyone should have learned by grade three.
    I do not know everything about the game and how it works... but it is safe to say that I know more than your average Joe.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:39 PM, Urmomsnewman said:

So let me get this straight, you say people were cry babies and that’s why Jason got a nerf before, but now because of people being “passionate” they gave him a buff.... you are something else

Now you are starting to understand... Did I just hear a click when reading that?... And yes, I am something else. I hear that a lot... from friends, family... ex girlfriends that still stalk me twenty years later...

22 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

I am max level, I have an entire room in my house dedicated to horror films (mainly Friday the 13th) I own the entire movie series box set on dvd and blu Ray and seen each movie at least 10 times I think,

I too am max level... I have been max level for a very long time now.... 
   Only one room dedicated to horror films... That's it?
   I bought the entire series on VHS a long time ago. I bought Parts 1-4 together and each part after that as they came out (except Jason X, which came out in 2002... DVDs were a thing by then). By the time the DVDs came out... the VHS tapes were worn out... which takes one hell of a lot more than ten viewings. I bought the entire series of movies the day they came out on DVD... The boxed set for 1-8 and the single dvds for parts 9 and 10... I also have the reboot and Freddy vs Jason, both purchased on their respective days of release. The only thing here you have me beat on is the fact you bought it on blue ray... and I have not yet bothered. Let's not go into the posters... T-shirts and other stuff. And that is just Friday the 13th.
    My collection of horror movies on DVD alone is staggering, but it would take a long time to count them, so I am not going there... this is not a "who is a bigger horror fan" here either.

Jason is the star here, not the counselors, not the final girl, not Tommy Jarvis... ALL of them are interchangeable, we could have had three completely different versions of Tommy if he were the star... Jason (the character, not the actor playing him) is essential to the series since part 2 and it would be nothing without him... And if they had ever put a scene in one of these movies that resembled a piñata Jason party in ANY way, the series would have died at that moment... kind of like the "jumping the shark" episode of Happy Days.
   I can remember when I was 34, good times... all those years ago. Now I feel old again.

The patch is ok . I'd rather have had instant block fixed in combat stance and combat stance in general needed work and still does. I'd been happy with knowing where the Tommy radio house is as Jason . That alone would curb the kill squads to a degree even though they'd tank all the traps you'd set at the power box. I'd been happy with bringing back meat shielding also. I do like there are no more free stuns after raging through doors or walls that needs to stay if they decide to tame this buff down any. I do like that you can't come back as  Tommy if you suicide also.

It amazes me how many people are quick to say this patch is the final nail in the coffin for this game.

@Ahab, if you want a cookie, just say what kind. I've got you covered.

@TimDuke 01, I've seen some pretty bitter players who are just learning of the change in suicide.

• Thanks 1

🤔Looks like a lot of armchair game development going on in here... 🤓Might as well add my two cents!

Better utilize stalk

Buff counselors stats as the bodies pile up

Give Jason ability to break shotguns and other weapons

Make hiding a more viable choice

Let Jason pick up weapons on the fly

Car stun

Only headshot stuns with flare

Buff counselor stats with each stun/support to other counselors

Give Jason a chance to see through sweater disguise

I know these are terrible ideas but I'm bored and wired on coffee😬

Where's @BrokenFattHardy when you need him?

What tournaments? I've been looking for these forever.