J. Parra

Jason’s new rage mode is broken

12 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I seem to recall someone saying that this was what would happen, who was it... somethin.... never mind it will come to me sooner or later.  Lol, at least people should stop freaking out now, Invincible Jason is no more.

Still a great patch, the pubs/devs did a good job this time. 

Lol imagine that...

10 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

the only ones who said he was invincible was the criers Jason is still more of a challenge than previous patchs and its most likely inexperienced to terrible Jason players being killed 

I'm not going to name drop but I killed a very knowledgeable and very good Jason the other day. In fact he died twice out of about eight matches. It's a lot easier to kill Jason now since he doesn't get stunned for half the match. If you get Jarvis called and you have a few good counselor players with that goal then it's business as usual.

I feel like I've said this all before...

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

It was a good move on their part, though I do agree firecrackers and flareguns should still stun in Rage mode. Nonetheless, it was a much needed change that, no matter how much whining is done as a result, DID improve the game for both sides. Counselors now have a bigger incentive to cooperate and escape, while Jason benefits from the deterrent factor against bullying and chain-stunning. Counselors can still bully/dance/taunt/etc Jason if they want, but now it is with the understanding that once he hits Rage, they are probably going to die if there is no escape plan in the works.

I thought it was an excellent compromise and think that firecrackers if not Flare-guns will probably make it back in, which is a shame as it was my preferred weapon. Still useful for marking though, and maybe they have a plan for the perk rework that makes them stun if you have the perk. 

Edit - yes imagine that.

The literal lies. You still gain stamina from hitting Jason AND he pauses but doesn’t enter stun animation. I’ve survived no more or less since the update regardless of the Jason player’s level or the amount of teaming/tunneling/trolling. Me and a rank even killed a baby Jason yesterday. The new rage mechanic speeds matches up even if the Jason player is only somewhat formidable. Players are still realizing that Jason doesn’t stun anymore and are trying to face him but accidentally getting creamed OOP.

Played a few games as Tommy during Rage Mode tonight (both with the sweater not an option) and yeah, I do think there should be some chance to stun Jason once only two people are left even if it's kept relatively low. The game is pretty tedious when you know Jason's just gonna keep coming no matter what you do so you might as well give up and move on to the next match. Doubt that's what the designers intended. At the very least the fireworks should still have some effect since I assume the PK remains effective until the end of the match.

On 2/2/2019 at 11:14 PM, DontZzz34 said:

Not true. Either get away before he hits rage which I still have no issues doing. And if he does get rage and no objectives are done. If tommy is there you better get sweater and get that mask off and go for the kill. I do agree there needs to be changes made but it is still a fun game. Just more challenging now

It is challenging for randoms. In QP an average Jason can wipe the lobby out. But in Private Matches with good comm and experienced team of at least 5 counselors will be the same. 

4 hours ago, The Gunslinger said:

It is challenging for randoms. In QP an average Jason can wipe the lobby out. But in Private Matches with good comm and experienced team of at least 5 counselors will be the same. 

Hey, long time no see. Glad you’re posting again.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 11:43 AM, Fair Play said:

Who is to blame doesn't matter, as things happened that led to the patch. That's why the player base cannot have nice things.

Even if the cap was raised to Lv200, it might stop some trolling, but not for long. Once people got capped again, the same behavior would resume eventually.

Player styles will change as the game changes. There may be some people here that are playing the same since day one, but some people have made adaptive changes based on the patches that have come along.

Technically it does matter, because the main problem was Jason was being bullied and if you look through the comments, most will say it's a good patch because the don't get bullied anymore i.e multiple counselors stunning Jason and teabagging/dancing, Stunning Jason when he breaks through doors in rage and juking him with Vanessa. If people played the game how the devs intended to play it, then it wouldn't of been such a big deal, that's what this patch is designed for players to do.

That's why they needed to continue with the new content ( i know the lawsuit screwed over that with the new content they had in development) But they still can increase the lvl cap and have different rewards, maybe new clothing? Kills? I mean i'm sure they could add new characters that aren't based of the movies, point is that when there is something to achieve, most (not all) players will try to achieve it. 

I've been playing since day 1 and i've always adapted to how everything that has come up and affected everything. My whole argument was based on the fact that instead of whining about something, learn to adapt how things are. But it's like most games, a certain number of players bitch about things because they're too lazy to adapt to it, and the devs get pressured into changing how things work. Honestly, i had no problem with being "bullied" because it's more of a challenge than killing everyone who is just running around doing nothing. being virtually unstoppable in rage mode is way to easier and is more boring than it was before the patch. 

On 2/4/2019 at 10:47 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

It was a good move on their part, though I do agree firecrackers and flareguns should still stun in Rage mode. Nonetheless, it was a much needed change that, no matter how much whining is done as a result, DID improve the game for both sides. Counselors now have a bigger incentive to cooperate and escape, while Jason benefits from the deterrent factor against bullying and chain-stunning. Counselors can still bully/dance/taunt/etc Jason if they want, but now it is with the understanding that once he hits Rage, they are probably going to die if there is no escape plan in the works.

True, but i'm happy firecrackers don't stun in rage. Idk why people complain they can't regain stamina in rage, if you time it right dodge canceling melee strikes works just fine for me. Still get a stamina boost on hit, just gotta be smart about it.

I really like this new Jason and personally I would make rage as soon as the mask comes off. He is still very killable and I would like to see it harder myself. I am excited to see what else @wes and @ShiftySamurai come up with. Btw @mattshotcha your doing a great job so far. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thunder said:

Technically it does matter, because the main problem was Jason was being bullied and if you look through the comments, most will say it's a good patch because the don't get bullied anymore i.e multiple counselors stunning Jason and teabagging/dancing, Stunning Jason when he breaks through doors in rage and juking him with Vanessa. If people played the game how the devs intended to play it, then it wouldn't of been such a big deal, that's what this patch is designed for players to do.

That's why they needed to continue with the new content ( i know the lawsuit screwed over that with the new content they had in development) But they still can increase the lvl cap and have different rewards, maybe new clothing? Kills? I mean i'm sure they could add new characters that aren't based of the movies, point is that when there is something to achieve, most (not all) players will try to achieve it. 

I've been playing since day 1 and i've always adapted to how everything that has come up and affected everything. My whole argument was based on the fact that instead of whining about something, learn to adapt how things are. But it's like most games, a certain number of players bitch about things because they're too lazy to adapt to it, and the devs get pressured into changing how things work. Honestly, i had no problem with being "bullied" because it's more of a challenge than killing everyone who is just running around doing nothing. being virtually unstoppable in rage mode is way to easier and is more boring than it was before the patch. 

New clothing, kills and counselors count as new content. The last word on the matter was that no more content was coming. People will still play this game, even without new content. Trolls will still troll whether new content were to exist or not. That's what trolls do.

An far as people playing as intended, intention is a matter of perspective. Ask a troll about intention, and you'll get a different answer than a non-troll.

I got the point you were making about adaptation. You, me and a lot of other players have adapted to each and every change that has come with this game. Modern gaming is all about fine-tuning. Sometimes during that fine-tuning, things can take a wrong turn.

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

New clothing, kills and counselors count as new content. The last word on the matter was that no more content was coming. People will still play this game, even without new content. Trolls will still troll whether new content were to exist or not. That's what trolls do.

An far as people playing as intended, intention is a matter of perspective. Ask a troll about intention, and you'll get a different answer than a non-troll.

I got the point you were making about adaptation. You, me and a lot of other players have adapted to each and every change that has come with this game. Modern gaming is all about fine-tuning. Sometimes during that fine-tuning, things can take a wrong turn.

I thought it was only directed to copyright material, if that's the case then i can see why it's turned out the way it has. True, trolls will always be around regardless of the state of a game, but as i mentioned previously, there wasn't this much toxicity when the game was still "active". That's the problem with games that come to a stop, it becomes boring and people tend to troll around a lot more than they normally would had the game have something worth grinding for. 

I agree that you'll get people who aren't maxed out on everything and join lobbies with friends and troll or team kill which is one of the problems i have with the new rage system in that the idea was to make counselors work together rather than bully Jason, but you get a lot of games where players don't have mics and as i said above, team killing, trolls and it can be a challenge to repair stuff all by yourself more so if you're on pinehurst and Jarvis house. Private lobbies are hard to come by unless you have a whole group of friends who still play the game daily which is very difficult.

Very true. I think the main thing as i have always intended it, was to enjoy Friday and to have more a social fun experience with friends and even making new friends. 

20 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I thought it was only directed to copyright material, if that's the case then i can see why it's turned out the way it has. True, trolls will always be around regardless of the state of a game, but as i mentioned previously, there wasn't this much toxicity when the game was still "active". That's the problem with games that come to a stop, it becomes boring and people tend to troll around a lot more than they normally would had the game have something worth grinding for. 

I agree that you'll get people who aren't maxed out on everything and join lobbies with friends and troll or team kill which is one of the problems i have with the new rage system in that the idea was to make counselors work together rather than bully Jason, but you get a lot of games where players don't have mics and as i said above, team killing, trolls and it can be a challenge to repair stuff all by yourself more so if you're on pinehurst and Jarvis house. Private lobbies are hard to come by unless you have a whole group of friends who still play the game daily which is very difficult.

Very true. I think the main thing as i have always intended it, was to enjoy Friday and to have more a social fun experience with friends and even making new friends. 

The toxicity for this game was some of the worst I've seen online.

It doesn't happen very often, but I've observed choice games that are 10-20+ years old that people are still playing in some form. While they aren't "active" games, they are fun to those still playing them.

Some people got bored easier and quicker than others, leading some of them to troll the game.  The sad part about the trolling here, is that it was heavy even while the game was "active" and still getting new content. Word of mouth and videos on Youtube have given future trolls the knowledge of the tricks of the trade, and that's why they are like cockroaches in this player base.

As far as micless players, you can communicate with them in other ways. I've seen great teamwork among players that never utter a single word. Emotes serve as an alternative form of communication. There are a lot of awesome kindred spirits in the player base, and if you reach out to some of them here on the forum, you'll make some new friends to potentially play with on a daily basis.

On 2/7/2019 at 12:45 PM, Fair Play said:

The toxicity for this game was some of the worst I've seen online.

It doesn't happen very often, but I've observed choice games that are 10-20+ years old that people are still playing in some form. While they aren't "active" games, they are fun to those still playing them.

Some people got bored easier and quicker than others, leading some of them to troll the game.  The sad part about the trolling here, is that it was heavy even while the game was "active" and still getting new content. Word of mouth and videos on Youtube have given future trolls the knowledge of the tricks of the trade, and that's why they are like cockroaches in this player base.

As far as micless players, you can communicate with them in other ways. I've seen great teamwork among players that never utter a single word. Emotes serve as an alternative form of communication. There are a lot of awesome kindred spirits in the player base, and if you reach out to some of them here on the forum, you'll make some new friends to potentially play with on a daily basis.

It's terrible. Had a incident a few weeks ago where a guy was lvl 150, and my buddy was Jason and after he grabbed the guy, he used a pocket knife, then quit so he couldn't get killed, then joined the lobby and when he was Jason, we kept escaping so he went on a different account to act like it wasn't him and then invited his friends to help him kill us. It's pretty sad how some people are too be honest. 

Yeah well i used to have a lobby of friends that played Friday but when Destiny 2 came out and then fortnite got popular, they all crossed over to those games, i think i have 1 maybe 2 friends who still actively play it with the latter only being online once a week so it's mostly quick play lobbies. 

I see your point as i've experienced that type of trolling on other games and even other forums as well. I remember when the Packanack roof glitch was first coming out and then Higgins' special room glitch and the amount of people ruining the game was pathetic. Had a young girl at Pinehurst use the glitch with the radios and had the medic perk on, ended up hitting her with 10 throwing knifes then i grabbed her and she used the pocket knife glitch outside on the roof glitch, i ended up just laughing and left her to go after the other players seeing how she stayed there the entire game. 

The people on here seem like decent people, only problem is that because i'm Australian, the ping is bad for australian/american players. If they come to my serves, the pings bad, if i come to them the ping is bad, but me and my buddy used to play with a few american people when we couldn't find Australian lobbies and while it's annoying, we got use to the ping, we used to call it hard mode but the main thing was playing with people that would make the game challenging and fun at the same time. 

On 2/2/2019 at 4:22 PM, DontZzz34 said:

It isn’t impossible. It’s harder yes. You just gotta be able to manage stamina and juke. Utilizing the house as the final survivor is a good idea... and I have some good suggestions for the devs such as allowing fireworks to still stun in rage, more shotguns, and allowing only tommy to stun Jason in rage. I also seen someone had an idea to allow the final survivor to be able to stun which I loved the idea of. These ideas would create more balance

Good ideas.

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2019 at 3:29 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

Hey, long time no see. Glad you’re posting again.

Glad to see someone who remembers me. 

• Like 1

Honestly, I REALLY wish they would make Tina a special playable counselor. Like a Tommy Jarvis, she should have the one power to also defeat Jason. She was so badass in part 7 and she would be the secret weapon and should be the only counselor able to defeat Jason besides Tommy. But I know the devs would never make her a playable character in the game. She’d be too OP for gameplay, even against Jason, using her mind as a weapon. Not a bad idea tho to have her come back as a backup to Tommy for another way to kill Jason or survive the match.

2 hours ago, Friday_Queen said:

Honestly, I REALLY wish they would make Tina a special playable counselor. Like a Tommy Jarvis, she should have the one power to also defeat Jason. She was so badass in part 7 and she would be the secret weapon and should be the only counselor able to defeat Jason besides Tommy. But I know the devs would never make her a playable character in the game. She’d be too OP for gameplay, even against Jason, using her mind as a weapon. Not a bad idea tho to have her come back as a backup to Tommy for another way to kill Jason or survive the match.

Tina was not badass. The mind powers thing was ridiculous. Nearly sabotaged the entire move. If not for Kane's performance that whole movie would have been trash. Before the no content mess I wanted a Shepard house map. But definitely not Tina.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Tina was not badass. The mind powers thing was ridiculous. Nearly sabotaged the entire move. If not for Kane's performance that whole movie would have been trash. Before the no content mess I wanted a Shepard house map. But definitely not Tina.

To each there own. I did favor part 2, 3 and 6 the best honestly. Simply cuz one, I love playing part 3 Jason and two, I also really enjoyed the characters in all of them. I love seeing the PACKANACK house and Higgins Haven. I swear they made this game sooooo close to the movies with how things are placed and how realistic the houses look. But I did enjoy Tina since she had all the mind power. She made Jason look weak but like I said, to each their own. I just kinda got into the whole Friday series from my boyfriend who is a HUGE AVID Friday fan and has a collection you’d have to see to believe *some made by savini himself and signed* as well as actual artifacts from the movies he paid thiusands of dollars for *with certificates of course* but he also favors part 6 and 7 the best out of all of them, as well as part 2.

2 hours ago, Friday_Queen said:

To each there own. I did favor part 2, 3 and 6 the best honestly. Simply cuz one, I love playing part 3 Jason and two, I also really enjoyed the characters in all of them. I love seeing the PACKANACK house and Higgins Haven. I swear they made this game sooooo close to the movies with how things are placed and how realistic the houses look. But I did enjoy Tina since she had all the mind power. She made Jason look weak but like I said, to each their own. I just kinda got into the whole Friday series from my boyfriend who is a HUGE AVID Friday fan and has a collection you’d have to see to believe *some made by savini himself and signed* as well as actual artifacts from the movies he paid thiusands of dollars for *with certificates of course* but he also favors part 6 and 7 the best out of all of them, as well as part 2.

We all have our favorites that others will disagree with. For me the best two are a toss up between 4 and 6. I'm also in the minority (most likely) as I really enjoyed the remake.

The only thing broken is Jason being able to flip cars with throwing knives and knock them around.  Kind of takes the viability of a car escape out against Jasons who know about that and abuse it to the fullest.

1 hour ago, He's Killing Me said:

The only thing broken is Jason being able to flip cars with throwing knives and knock them around.  Kind of takes the viability of a car escape out against Jasons who know about that and abuse it to the fullest.

Actually that happened in a movie so it's Canon and shouldn't be changed. What movie you ask? Friday the 13th part XIII : Jason Takes PCP.

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2019 at 5:50 PM, J. Parra said:

I played the game since launch bud, and I’m level 110. You’ve got nothing on me, besides if you saw me play you wouldn’t be saying that.

You have played at launch and are only at 110????

On 2/21/2019 at 11:43 PM, thrawn3054 said:

We all have our favorites that others will disagree with. For me the best two are a toss up between 4 and 6. I'm also in the minority (most likely) as I really enjoyed the remake.

Not going to lie I loved the remake! 

It is a mash up of the best parts of the original f13 series!

(Sorry but the true minority here are the fans of Jason Goes to Hell !😉  👋 )