J. Parra

Jason’s new rage mode is broken

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@Alien_Number_Six, be nice when you come back and see the above/below, don’t hurt the new guy, k?

Hey, seriously new guy and people, stop tossing that word around. We know these people you’re talking about, think about how you look to us community members when you come in the camp and start calling other members troll.

Edit - not my place. 

He literally just said “Get Gud” and that’s it, how’s it not a troll? It doesn’t bring anything new to the conversation, nor does it help.

17 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

J.parra .. isn’t it past your bedtime? Regardless , I’m done responding to you, I don’t like to feed trolls..... bye

p.s I have finished every single badge and have every single trophy, I completed this game 100% 4 months ago 

Maybe you should trying doing something other then playing video games

4 hours ago, J. Parra said:

He literally just said “Get Gud” and that’s it, how’s it not a troll? It doesn’t bring anything new to the conversation, nor does it help.

He was voicing his opinion, not directing it at someone, that’s the difference. 

He’s been here a long time, he doesn’t have to write a book for other members to tell how he feels. Maybe in the future if you think someone is a troll, base it on more than a two word post. 

On 2/2/2019 at 8:23 PM, J. Parra said:

Honestly, Counselors are getting burnt out by this non stunnable Jason since we can’t even regain stamina by stunning him anymore. RIP the counselor stun meta, it’s basically unbalanced now. Hopefully Black Tower games reverts this change or something, because the game isn’t even fun anymore for counselors.

Any time I see a sobbing post like this I just laugh because it's another troll outing himself because he's sad that he can't ruin the game for everyone else anymore. Sorry, no more treating Jason like a pinata!

11 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Get Gud.

7 hours ago, J. Parra said:

you get gud.

"I know you are but what am I?" lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I know this is has been said a million times, but you can thank the try hard Vanessa's for this new patch. Instead of playing the game how it is meant to be played (i.e escape or kill Jason), Vanessa try hards just try to juke Jason for the the whole 20 minutes and most Jason's can't stop this which in turn made him look like a bitch. Not too mention all the "buddy buddy" friends just bullying Jason and teabagging/dancing on him. i think the updated melee attack damaging more than one counselor at a time is really good because you can really take out multiple counselors at once if they're trying to bully you as Jason. I developed my playing style as fighting Jason i.e playing as Adam and Eric (i put swift attacker on Eric to help defend myself because of his low speed/stamina), But would never try to juke him and not help the other players. Also, the fact that new content has been stopped and you can't go behind LVL 150 and a impact in people bullying Jason because it got boring and repetitive. It's a shame the lawsuit halted anymore new content because i believe it would've stopped a lot of the juking and bullying because people would've had something to grind for weather that would've been an higher lvl cap, new skins, new clothes, new characters/Jasons, new kills etc. If they were all unlockable after lvl 150 say lvl 200 and you needed to get there to get the new content, it would've been a lot more better than what we got before the new patch. 

6 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I know this is has been said a million times, but you can thank the try hard Vanessa's for this new patch. Instead of playing the game how it is meant to be played (i.e escape or kill Jason), Vanessa try hards just try to juke Jason for the the whole 20 minutes and most Jason's can't stop this which in turn made him look like a bitch. Not too mention all the "buddy buddy" friends just bullying Jason and teabagging/dancing on him. i think the updated melee attack damaging more than one counselor at a time is really good because you can really take out multiple counselors at once if they're trying to bully you as Jason. I developed my playing style as fighting Jason i.e playing as Adam and Eric (i put swift attacker on Eric to help defend myself because of his low speed/stamina), But would never try to juke him and not help the other players. Also, the fact that new content has been stopped and you can't go behind LVL 150 and a impact in people bullying Jason because it got boring and repetitive. It's a shame the lawsuit halted anymore new content because i believe it would've stopped a lot of the juking and bullying because people would've had something to grind for weather that would've been an higher lvl cap, new skins, new clothes, new characters/Jasons, new kills etc. If they were all unlockable after lvl 150 say lvl 200 and you needed to get there to get the new content, it would've been a lot more better than what we got before the new patch. 

Who is to blame doesn't matter, as things happened that led to the patch. That's why the player base cannot have nice things.

Even if the cap was raised to Lv200, it might stop some trolling, but not for long. Once people got capped again, the same behavior would resume eventually.

Player styles will change as the game changes. There may be some people here that are playing the same since day one, but some people have made adaptive changes based on the patches that have come along.

I just played a game where a group of counselors killed Jason. While he was in Rage mode.

So much for Jason being "unbeatable" now, like the more "sensitive" members of the community are claiming.

15 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I just played a game where a group of counselors killed Jason. While he was in Rage mode.

So much for Jason being "unbeatable" now, like the more "sensitive" members of the community are claiming.

Was in 3 consecutive rounds earlier that Jason was killed post rage. It can be done, and as easy as before it seems. 

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Was in 3 consecutive rounds earlier that Jason was killed post rage. It can be done, and as easy as before it seems. 

Back to the drawing board...

11 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Well, to be honest, this Jason kinda sucked. Match ended with zero kills. But still, people are claiming you don't need skill as Jason now as of this update, which is fucking laughable.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dolemite said:

11 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Was in 3 consecutive rounds earlier that Jason was killed post rage.

Aside from attacking Jason during a match, his mask CAN be knocked off AFTER rage begins.  Knocking it off during rage gives a very short stun, but a stun nonetheless.  As long as you still have Tommy and the sweater is still available post rage, a kill can still be preformed.  @Redrum138, @Vaderspupil, @hu_soldier13, and@ikarikh, if I remember correctly, were witness to this yesterday with me (just in case someone thinks I'm making this up).

• Like 1

I seem to recall someone saying that this was what would happen, who was it... somethin.... never mind it will come to me sooner or later.  Lol, at least people should stop freaking out now, Invincible Jason is no more.

Still a great patch, the pubs/devs did a good job this time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So...he is complaining over a complainer......complaining? lol....ya git gud. When Jason's music hit if your butt doesnt pucker the game has failed you. He is to be feared not smacked around like Tina at the hands of Ike. This is how he is supposed to be. I still think he is weak compared to the tank he should be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RustInPeace said:

Aside from attacking Jason during a match, his mask CAN be knocked off AFTER rage begins.  Knocking it off during rage gives a very short stun, but a stun nonetheless.  As long as you still have Tommy and the sweater is still available post rage, a kill can still be preformed.  @Redrum138, @Vaderspupil, @hu_soldier13, and@ikarikh, if I remember correctly, were witness to this yesterday with me (just in case someone thinks I'm making this up).

Um...we know all this already. Anyone who has ever played the game knows this, actually.

On 2/2/2019 at 3:23 PM, J. Parra said:

RIP the counselor stun meta

Ah, I've never been happier to see something die. Goodbye Pinata Jason meta, hello "holy shit it's Jason, run because he's actually a threat" meta.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I seem to recall someone saying that this was what would happen, who was it... somethin.... never mind it will come to me sooner or later.  Lol, at least people should stop freaking out now, Invincible Jason is no more.

Still a great patch, the pubs/devs did a good job this time. 

the only ones who said he was invincible was the criers Jason is still more of a challenge than previous patchs and its most likely inexperienced to terrible Jason players being killed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

Um...we know all this already. Anyone who has ever played the game knows this, actually.

What's with the tone?

Considering what the topic/thread is, "we all" did NOT know already.  Before the recent quick patch, it was NOT common knowledge that you could demask a Jason in rage with his newfound stun resistance.  Knowing you couldn't kneel Jason during rage is different than knowing you can demask him during this new rage state.  I stand by my original comment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

What's with the tone?

Considering what the topic/thread is, "we all" did NOT know already.  Before the recent quick patch, it was NOT common knowledge that you could demask a Jason in rage with his newfound stun resistance.  Knowing you couldn't kneel Jason during rage is different than knowing you can demask him during this new rage state.  I stand by my original comment.

Actually, I guess I misunderstood you. I didn't realize that there was a question about being able to de-mask Jason in his newly-buffed rage mode state, but now that I think about it, it's a legit question. I actually just thought you were talking about being able to de-mask a raged Jason at any point prior to this new update. My apologies, good sir.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:23 PM, J. Parra said:

Honestly, Counselors are getting burnt out by this non stunnable Jason since we can’t even regain stamina by stunning him anymore.

You mean... the trolls that found piñata parties fun are getting burnt out?...  GOOD! That was the point. And you do not need to hit Jason to survive, this was never a requirement... it has been a crutch for too long though.

RIP the counselor stun meta,

That was the point of the patch, or did you miss that part?

it’s basically unbalanced now.

If you think it was balanced before, with the "stun meta"... then that merely shows your inability to think things through logically. That was pretty much as far from any semblance of balance we could ever really be.

because the game isn’t even fun anymore for counselors.

I have seen plenty of counselor players having a blast since the patch and I am also one of them... and still having a blast!... So what you really mean, it is no longer fun for you and for people that can only have fun frustrating Jason players to see if they can get them to rage quit... I have said it before and I will say it again... IF you find amusement in annoying others, then I hope you realize this is the definition of being an asshole... but I am sure you already knew that. 

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:54 PM, J. Parra said:

The escapes aren’t much different, however the amount of times you’ve died due to a Jason not being stunned in rage mode is quite infuriating. Especially when your low on stamina, and need to get a quick hit in. Also, playing it solo with randoms also sucks to get objectives done with.

You are correct! The escapes are not that much different, the only difference I am seeing here is that they are happening more often since the patch.
    Crying about dying in a game where it is supposed to be a challenge to survive is not helping your argument... Neither is claiming a low stamina counselor "needs" to hit Jason for any reason. I only play these types of counselors and the only time I "need" to hit him is to help another player out of his grip... and I am escaping more often since the patch dropped... Your point is invalid.
   All of my matches yesterday were with full lobbies of randoms… not one friend in a single match... and counselors were escaping in droves, some were even running out the clock... in quick play... with randoms…. go figure. I have also noticed far fewer toxic asshole in quick play since the patch dropped. But there are still some there.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:36 PM, J. Parra said:

Bruh, have you seen how much of a goof Jason is? Guy gets kicked in the balls and stunned, and he also gets knocked out by a plank of wood.

Trying to make Jason not look like so much of a "goof" was the point of this patch... I am also not sure why you chose that word... clown would have been more appropriate.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:25 PM, The Milwauking Dead said:

You’d brush off being kicked in the balls??

Only when I'm really, really, really drunk. But yes, it has happened... and trust me, it was more shocking to the asshole that kicked me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Only when I'm really, really drunk. But yes, it has happened... and trust me, it was more shocking to the asshole that kicked me.

Haha! Had that happen twice, it's amazing how much good liquor can make you a beast. Guy kicked me and I smiled at him, he ran away. 2nd time was at a martial arts tournament, same smile from adrenaline and anger. Both times I saw it coming and was prepared, poor sackhead Jason from part 2 was just running by a bush when that sneaky Ginny cracked his nuts. Totally different, lol.

• Like 1

So basically one of the main reasons of these complaints are "eventually when he gets to rage it's unlikely we'll regain stamina so we're pretty much screwed."

GOOD. There's no reason to drag on a match any longer while wasting other players time in spectator mode. Especially if you're not playing the way it was intended. There are players that want to get into another round of a game, not watch a counselor do the same thing over and over for 15 minutes.

By the way, I've seen others here using examples taken out of the films to support their arguments saying "well Jason always got stabbed, stunned, beat up and eventually killed in the final act." 

Here's the thing, the characters from the movies defending themselves were more innovative because they used anything at their disposal to try to get Jason off of them and most of the time they had a alternative plan to kill him. Overall, it made the final chase more interesting. 

What did the players make the characters do on the game mostly do before this patch? Group attack Jason, dance and marathon run until the timer runs out. WOW, very original. Seriously, these guys are so boring and bring nothing for the experience. Whether it's from the perspective of a Jason player, a spectator or a counselor who simply wants to on work objectives and escape with others.

Can you imagine if Ginny, Chris, Trish or Tommy chain stun Jason and danced on top of him throughout the final moments of the film? I think the audience from the 80s would've walked out of the theater if that happened.

If you're going to have a game that revolves and based on the final chase of a F13 film, we're definitely going to need particular changes that doesn't open a gateway for players to drag out a match while performing looney tune acts. Not sure why this a difficult concept to grasp for some users here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 2/2/2019 at 3:23 PM, J. Parra said:

Honestly, Counselors are getting burnt out by this non stunnable Jason since we can’t even regain stamina by stunning him anymore. RIP the counselor stun meta, it’s basically unbalanced now. Hopefully Black Tower games reverts this change or something, because the game isn’t even fun anymore for counselors.

Black Tower is NOT going to revert the change, get this through your head. Un-stunnable (melee weapon only) Rage mode is not going to go away, it is here and it's staying here. You will adapt or you will quit, easy choice. If you cannot survive Jason without stunning him then you probably didn't do much surviving to begin with.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Black Tower is NOT going to revert the change, get this through your head. Un-stunnable (melee weapon only) Rage mode is not going to go away, it is here and it's staying here. You will adapt or you will quit, easy choice. If you cannot survive Jason without stunning him then you probably didn't do much surviving to begin with.

Based on Matt’s posts today, the Pubs at Gun. are taking in the criticism but not seeing it as the wrong move. By all appearances they’re happy with the results. 

Much repect to Black Tower for their continued work but Gun. deserves the credit for the decisions. Tomorrow we can all enjoy Beyond and hearing from them ourselves. 

If we weren’t hearing from Matt, I’d be worried but he’s been super active.

3 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Based on Matt’s posts today, the Pubs at Gun. are taking in the criticism but not seeing it as the wrong move. By all appearances they’re happy with the results. 

Much repect to Black Tower for their continued work but Gun. deserves the credit for the decisions. Tomorrow we can all enjoy Beyond and hearing from them ourselves. 

If we weren’t hearing from Matt, I’d be worried but he’s been super active.

It was a good move on their part, though I do agree firecrackers and flareguns should still stun in Rage mode. Nonetheless, it was a much needed change that, no matter how much whining is done as a result, DID improve the game for both sides. Counselors now have a bigger incentive to cooperate and escape, while Jason benefits from the deterrent factor against bullying and chain-stunning. Counselors can still bully/dance/taunt/etc Jason if they want, but now it is with the understanding that once he hits Rage, they are probably going to die if there is no escape plan in the works.

• Like 2