J. Parra

Jason’s new rage mode is broken

3 hours ago, J. Parra said:

I played the game since launch bud, and I’m level 110. You’ve got nothing on me, besides if you saw me play you wouldn’t be saying that.

1. I’m not a kid(by the way you talk it’s obvious you are, or maybe you just aren’t very smart/ or eat to much soy because only the weak want things easy(naaaa you a little kid 

2. I was a kickstart backer

3 I’m a level 150 and have been over a year now

4. 9 times out of 10 I clear the lobby 

5. Virtually every one of your posts are complaining about not being able to beat up Jason

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

You’d brush off being kicked in the balls??

You think a monster would brush that off? Exactly. You played yourself 

3 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

1. I’m not a kid(by the way you talk it’s obvious you are, or maybe you just aren’t very smart/ or eat to much soy because only the weak want things easy

2. I was a kickstart backer

3 I’m a level 150 and have been over a year now

4. 9 times out of 10 I clear the lobby 

5. If you played this game since day one like me,  you would have not just joined this forum yesterday, you joined because you are Jason troll

How am I a Jason troll? I Just wanted to express my opinion and that’s it, if you don’t want to hear together people’s opinions then what are you doing on a forum? 

J.parra .. isn’t it past your bedtime? Regardless , I’m done responding to you, I don’t like to feed trolls..... bye

p.s I have finished every single badge and have every single trophy, I completed this game 100% 4 months ago 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

J.parra .. isn’t it past your bedtime? Regardless , I’m done responding to you, I don’t like to feed trolls..... bye

p.s I have finished every single badge and have every single trophy, I completed this game 100% 4 months ago 

Join the club...I have too, it’s not a hard platinum to obtain. It’s just grindy.

7 hours ago, J. Parra said:

Honestly, Counselors are getting burnt out by this non stunnable Jason since we can’t even regain stamina by stunning him anymore. RIP the counselor stun meta, it’s basically unbalanced now. Hopefully Black Tower games reverts this change or something, because the game isn’t even fun anymore for some counselors.

You left out a key word in your post.

5 hours ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I concur with J.parra.  I don't think we should be insulting eachother i'm guilty of it too but i was told to get f13 coloring book just for giving my suggestions which isn't favoring the counselors but makes things a little more challenging. I've gotten down to final counselor before and without communicating with counselor let them call Jarvis to give a player a second chance. I'm not bragging my point is if you stuck with the game you adapted and wouldn't have trouble dealing with counselors bullying Jason players. I see both sides of the coin.

Who in the world mentioned getting a coloring book? I missed that one.

Jarvis and the final person should be able to give him a fight at the end. Name one film that one or two characters from the movie didn't give Jason a fight? I'll do you one better name one film that Jason killed everyone movie over!  My point is if were going by the game should be exactly like the films then where's are final girl who gives Jason a run for his money. The movies wouldn't be entertaining if Jason killed all end of story. I'm not saying one person should always survive in game. They've taken the suspense away from the game. 

The game should not play out exactly like the movie, but it should feel like a movie. There wouldn't be a point in playing a game that's gonna end the exact way as a movie.

A good Jason never stays down for long, most some people quit the game without trying to get better.  I kept playing and i got my revenge when those little shits would beat on me. The game kinda gave people the impression that this behavior was ok look at the silly emotes.

I do agree that a good Jason doesn't stay down for long. A great Jason doesn't go down very often. A legendary Jason never goes down. I have yet to encounter a legendary one.

40 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

I think it’s past your bed time since you mentioned it, and nice to see you sweat this game out.

12 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

The game should not play out exactly like the movie, but it should feel like a movie. There wouldn't be a point in playing a game that's gonna end the exact way as a movie.

I

This exactly my beef with this patch there's no fun playing a game when the results will be the same for the experience Jason players. The excuse of this patch is Jason should be like the films well then Jarvis should be a character that can give Jason a fight! He's not much of a hero now! He can barely save himself let alone help other counselors to safety. I'm not trying to be rude or salty!  I love a good debate. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Vanessaismymain said:

This exactly my beef with this patch there's no fun playing a game when the results will be the same for the experience Jason players. The excuse of this patch is Jason should be like the films well then Jarvis should be a character that can give Jason a fight! He's not much of a hero now! He can barely save himself let alone help other counselors to safety. I'm not trying to be rude or salty!  I love a good debate. 

Facts, the unstunnable Jason puts Tommy Jarvis and everyone else to shame. Hopefully the next patch update adds somewhat of a counter to this, or at least reverts the changes. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I don't perceive you as rude or salty, and I enjoy a good debate as well. My only advice in that regard is, don't get too emotionally worked up when responding to others. That doesn't always end well.

3 minutes ago, J. Parra said:

Facts, the unstunnable Jason puts Tommy Jarvis and everyone else to shame. Hopefully the next patch update adds somewhat of a counter to this, or at least reverts the changes. 

I'm pretty sure the next fix will not revert the changes. If it did, we'd be right back where we started. Read the "Jason Is Weak" topic and you'll see what I mean. The best you can hope for is slight adjustments in the counselor's favor. The days of the Jason pinata are over.

Stunning Jason after he's been sweater stunned has been patched. Hopefully they continue to get rid of all the cheese spots where counselors can't be reached. 

• Like 1

@ThoughtShift your first and only post has left an "interesting" impression.

There has been quite a bit of name calling and insulting going on lately. A little too much for my taste. The thing is, sarcastically undermining the intelligence of the player base you, and everyone here is a part of, is not a great first impression.

If you take the time to read through more of the posts here, you would see that not everyone is so unsavory with their words. There are differences of opinion, with intelligent members having civil discussions.

The game's current state is at the center of debate right now. A lot of people have weighed in on it, with some people  expressing themselves in better taste than others. We won't all agree all the time. It happens.

As far as the game is concerned, I'd like to believe that in some percentage of matches you play, there are good, intelligent players that get stuff done. If not, then lead by example. The majority of us here have made friends with other players of this game, and that has led to some stellar matches and experiences. There are some bad apples out there, and some of those were spoiling the bunch. Patches like the one recently released are the result of some of those "bad apples".

Speaking of the patch, issues are still being addressed at the discretion of the developers. Achieving ideal balance will not happen overnight, and is not based on the opinion of one or two players. Even if something is suggested and not implemented, doesn't mean it wasn't considered.

I encourage you to mingle with the F13 forum family. Speak your mind and express yourself. A few suggestions:

- Treat others here how you wish to be treated.

- No one here is completely right or completely wrong.

- Everyone who loves what this game could be are here to make the game better. That's why we all continue to post here.

- Be part of the solution, not the problem.

Welcome to camp. A member of our welcoming committee will give you a non-existent commemorative camp T-shirt. 😎

• Like 1

He can still die. It’s still a easy feat but you have to go into the match with only the kill on your mind and two or three good players with you. But I personally like that it is harder because it was way too easy to kill Jason. It was just as easy as calling the police or fixing the car. Now you have to decide what your plan is and execute it right away. Much better. Killing Jason should be a rare thing. 

It’s probably just the time to listen and read feedback and giving it time. There’s a load of feedback across this forum, Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, etc

1 hour ago, PsychoHippie said:

I just want that F13 coloring book now...

Remember to color inside the lines... 😎

I agree with the OP. I've played the game since a week after launch, so I remember lots of broken things in this game. Items getting stuck in the ground, counselors not being able to stun Jason, rubber banding on cars, too many knife and spray spawns, etc. However, not being able to stun Jason in rage mode really does limit the game a lot. I guess the devs just intend for the matches to be short once Jason gets rage, since it's next to impossible for counselors to survive for long periods of time.

Like others have said, if you are the last person left alive, you will be very lucky if you can hit Jason once and get your stamina back. Most of the time you will get grabbed immediately. People might say it was broken when baseball bats could stun Jason through the door every time, but I think a more reasonable change would have been to make it so the stun chance goes down throughout the rest of the match. If Jason gets rage within the first five minutes because people are hitting him, the remaining 15 minutes are pretty much wasted, there is no way the game can go on that long. Perks that increase stun chance and stats like luck just become irrelevant. Why would I use a perk that gives me more stun chance if it only works for 1/4 of the match? It was a weird way to indirectly nerf Sucker Punch and the luck stat.

The argument is there that you should be repairing stuff and escaping in the first five minutes. I don't know what platforms are the most common on here, but for me, random lobbies on PC are devoid of any teamwork. I always try to repair objectives in every match, but I get tunneled by Jason 90% of the time. Most people find car parts and leave them in the houses instead of bringing them to the car. If Jason has trapped every car and is tunneling after you, while other people are sitting in homes or crouched in the woods, it is very difficult to repair cars. A lot of my repairs over the last few years were done in the last few minutes of the match. I've gotten away in a car with literally about five seconds left. I've also been slashed to death by Jason with five seconds left. Neither of those scenarios will ever happen again because I'll be dead long before that.

If the devs never intend to change this, I can predict the vast majority of people will just disconnect if Jason is about to kill them in rage mode. The salt mines haven't worked in months either.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Have sucker punch on your character if you plan to be Tommy 25% sucker punch with an axe is almost guaranteed to drop Jason, also you need to strike Jason early in the animation of the sweater. Late strikes may fail

Just borrowing your quote to educate someone Cola, hope you don’t mind. 

@Mince, the quote above should be self explanatory. As for teamwork, you should be seeing an increased amount over the next two weeks. As people figure out the best way to beat a Jason is to deny him any kills, or just kill him if they have the skill. The patch isn’t actually a huge buff, unless you feed into it by hitting Jason. It has been very successful in ending needless tormenting of the Jason player who spends the majority of his/her match stun locked. It means absolutely nothing to good Jason players as you’ll be dead long before he needs it, but if you are a lone survivor against a good Jason it removed cheap hits that you never needed to take in the first place, I never have to hit Jason unless I’m saving someone or following through on something I’ve told him will happen if he’s unreasonable. 

If you like the combat aspect of the game it still exists, but only if you have the skill to kill Jason. There will be future patches but I wouldn’t count on this going away as it accomplished exactly what the pubs/devs wanted. It changed the mechanics of bullying a single player, who in practice should never have been bullied to begin with. It is 7v1 not 1v1.

You’re going to have to experiment with fear resistance perks if you want to last the night against him in a chase, you’ll also have to learn how not to hit him and ‘be still’ to get that stamina back. The meta is going to change as far as perks go, I’ve given you the start of what will probably be the next meta, go try it out. Learn to be still and watch Jason, his behaviour almost always gives his next play away. 

• Like 2

Look guys, i'm doing alright with LaChappa ok? Nerves of steel 10% thick skin 18% and marathon 14%, get on those objectives early. I only use a wrench or bat for less damage and good stun rate to start, once rage hits I grab a machete and dodge cancel strikes and jog away with the stamina boost. It can be done, adapting to the patch is not too hard. Just keep at it and try something new, the above examples are what has worked for me with the "worst" character in the game. (Not really, many think so. But, Shelly is by far the worst IMO) Change it up and see what works for you!

4 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Get Gud.

Get out of here, nobody needs numb skull trolls like you. Besides I’m level 112, you get gud.

1 hour ago, Mince said:

I agree with the OP. I've played the game since a week after launch, so I remember lots of broken things in this game. Items getting stuck in the ground, counselors not being able to stun Jason, rubber banding on cars, too many knife and spray spawns, etc. However, not being able to stun Jason in rage mode really does limit the game a lot. I guess the devs just intend for the matches to be short once Jason gets rage, since it's next to impossible for counselors to survive for long periods of time.

Like others have said, if you are the last person left alive, you will be very lucky if you can hit Jason once and get your stamina back. Most of the time you will get grabbed immediately. People might say it was broken when baseball bats could stun Jason through the door every time, but I think a more reasonable change would have been to make it so the stun chance goes down throughout the rest of the match. If Jason gets rage within the first five minutes because people are hitting him, the remaining 15 minutes are pretty much wasted, there is no way the game can go on that long. Perks that increase stun chance and stats like luck just become irrelevant. Why would I use a perk that gives me more stun chance if it only works for 1/4 of the match? It was a weird way to indirectly nerf Sucker Punch and the luck stat.

The argument is there that you should be repairing stuff and escaping in the first five minutes. I don't know what platforms are the most common on here, but for me, random lobbies on PC are devoid of any teamwork. I always try to repair objectives in every match, but I get tunneled by Jason 90% of the time. Most people find car parts and leave them in the houses instead of bringing them to the car. If Jason has trapped every car and is tunneling after you, while other people are sitting in homes or crouched in the woods, it is very difficult to repair cars. A lot of my repairs over the last few years were done in the last few minutes of the match. I've gotten away in a car with literally about five seconds left. I've also been slashed to death by Jason with five seconds left. Neither of those scenarios will ever happen again because I'll be dead long before that.

If the devs never intend to change this, I can predict the vast majority of people will just disconnect if Jason is about to kill them in rage mode. The salt mines haven't worked in months either.

I realized that even if you hit Jason in rage mode when he has a counselor, he can insta grab out of that pretty quickly. Which honestly sucks.

• Like 1

@Alien_Number_Six, be nice when you come back and see the above/below, don’t hurt the new guy, k?

17 minutes ago, J. Parra said:

Get out of here, nobody needs numb skull trolls like you. Besides I’m level 112, you get gud.

Hey, seriously new guy and people, stop tossing that word around. We know these people you’re talking about, think about how you look to us community members when you come in the camp and start calling other members troll.

Edit - not my place. 

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Just borrowing your quote to educate someone Cola, hope you don’t mind. 

@Mince, the quote above should be self explanatory. As for teamwork, you should be seeing an increased amount over the next two weeks. As people figure out the best way to beat a Jason is to deny him any kills, or just kill him if they have the skill. The patch isn’t actually a huge buff, unless you feed into it by hitting Jason. It has been very successful in ending needless tormenting of the Jason player who spends the majority of his/her match stun locked. It means absolutely nothing to good Jason players as you’ll be dead long before he needs it, but if you are a lone survivor against a good Jason it remove cheap hits that you never needed to take in the first place, I never have to hit Jason unless I’m saving someone or following through on something I’ve told him will happen if he’s unreasonable. 

If you like the combat aspect of the game it still exists, but only if you have the skill to kill Jason. There will be future patches but I wouldn’t count on this going away as it accomplished exactly what the pubs/devs wanted. It changed the mechanics of bullying a single player, who in practice should never have been bullied to begin with. It is 7v1 not 1v1.

You’re going to have to experiment with fear resistance perks if you want to last the night against him in a chase, you’ll also have to learn how not to hit him and ‘be still’ to get that stamina back. The meta is going to change as far as perks go, I’ve given you the start of what will probably be the next meta, go try it out. Learn to be still and watch Jason, his behaviour almost always gives his next play away. 

By all means Slasher, do as you desire :)

• Like 1