J. Parra

Jason’s new rage mode is broken

Honestly, Counselors are getting burnt out by this non stunnable Jason since we can’t even regain stamina by stunning him anymore. RIP the counselor stun meta, it’s basically unbalanced now. Hopefully Black Tower games reverts this change or something, because the game isn’t even fun anymore for counselors.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 3

Not true. Either get away before he hits rage which I still have no issues doing. And if he does get rage and no objectives are done. If tommy is there you better get sweater and get that mask off and go for the kill. I do agree there needs to be changes made but it is still a fun game. Just more challenging now

• Like 1

Just now, DontZzz34 said:

Not true. Either get away before he hits rage which I still have no issues doing. And if he does get rage and no objectives are done. If tommy is there you better get sweater and get that mask off and go for the kill. I do agree there needs to be changes made but it is still a fun game. Just more challenging now

There used to be balance, but now it’s just absurd. Also, killing Jason is now even more difficult. You have to stun him with two shotguns, and then make a quick change to a machete since he’d be in rage mode at that time. Another thing is, they should add more shotguns or at least somewhat of a counter to this new change. Since it just seems outright impossible to deal with Jason’s new rage mode.

2 minutes ago, J. Parra said:

There used to be balance, but now it’s just absurd. Also, killing Jason is now even more difficult. You have to stun him with two shotguns, and then make a quick change to a machete since he’d be in rage mode at that time. Another thing is, they should add more shotguns or at least somewhat of a counter to this new change. Since it just seems outright impossible to deal with Jason’s new rage mode.

It isn’t impossible. It’s harder yes. You just gotta be able to manage stamina and juke. Utilizing the house as the final survivor is a good idea... and I have some good suggestions for the devs such as allowing fireworks to still stun in rage, more shotguns, and allowing only tommy to stun Jason in rage. I also seen someone had an idea to allow the final survivor to be able to stun which I loved the idea of. These ideas would create more balance

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

It isn’t impossible. It’s harder yes. You just gotta be able to manage stamina and juke. Utilizing the house as the final survivor is a good idea... and I have some good suggestions for the devs such as allowing fireworks to still stun in rage, more shotguns, and allowing only tommy to stun Jason in rage. I also seen someone had an idea to allow the final survivor to be able to stun which I loved the idea of. These ideas would create more balance

Honestly man they should just go back to the way it was before, but I guess the devs just had to pander to the demographic of terrible Jason players who always cried about getting stunned and never got good. I occasionally got stunned as Jason, but I never went to the extreme lengths of crying about it and asking for a buff. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

I concur with J.parra.  I don't think we should be insulting eachother i'm guilty of it too but i was told to get f13 coloring book just for giving my suggestions which isn't favoring the counselors but makes things a little more challenging. I've gotten down to final counselor before and without communicating with counselor let them call Jarvis to give a player a second chance. I'm not bragging my point is if you stuck with the game you adapted and wouldn't have trouble dealing with counselors bullying Jason players. I see both sides of the coin.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, J. Parra said:

Honestly man they should just go back to the way it was before, but I guess the devs just had to pander to the demographic of terrible Jason players who always cried about getting stunned and never got good. I occasionally got stunned as Jason, but I never went to the extreme lengths of crying about it and asking for a buff. 

I don’t think it should go back to how it was before. Jason was too weak. Too often counselors just grouped on him all match and put his ass down the entire time without getting any objectives done. This was annoying to me because I was trying to get objectives done while a lot of others were just grouping up on Jason. Making it not as much of a team effort. No doubt though I did have fun fighting Jason but there is more to the game then that. With this update people are running for their lives which is how the movies were. 

• Thanks 3

Unbalanced now?????? First, your objective should be to try and fix the car or call the police, not go try and beat up Jason. 2nd, this game was created and pitched to the backers as a O.P. Jason game. The original concept of this game was to follow the movies and have Jason kill almost everybody, with the off chance that you might survive, once in a blue moon. Shame on Gun Media for allowing this game to get so off track like it did, allowing survivors to bully Jason for as long as they have. So Im not blaming you, the player, for being upset. Hell its been part of the game so long you would think that the original idea was to beat the hell out of Jason. Now that they have made rage mode O.P., the only players that would have appreciated this, were the day 1 players, like me, who unfortunately do not play anymore. So for me, a Jason main, all I can say is about time. Its a shame ill never know what this change was like, because my playing this game days are long gone, but I do miss this game. SAD

• Thanks 2

Jarvis and the final person should be able to give him a fight at the end. Name one film that one or two characters from the movie didn't give Jason a fight? I'll do you one better name one film that Jason killed everyone movie over!  My point is if were going by the game should be exactly like the films then where's are final girl who gives Jason a run for his money. The movies wouldn't be entertaining if Jason killed all end of story. I'm not saying one person should always survive in game. They've taken the suspense away from the game. 

• Like 1

Now you name the film that showed us all of the counselors getting together and taking turns beating up Jason and tea bagging him, over and over? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A good Jason never stays down for long, most people quit the game without trying to get better.  I kept playing and i got my revenge when those little shits would beat on me. The game kinda gave people the impression that this behavior was ok look at the silly emotes.

• Like 1

OP you're probably a terrible player if the no stun when rage hits affects you that much i have played a tun more than i have in while after this patch and the balance is fine if you actually work as a unit to get objectives done the only times i haven't survived was when i was the only one doing objectives so quit wining the game is fine 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, J. Parra said:

LOL! When was there balance? Are you talking about chain stunning Jason and dancing on him for 20 minutes? Yea you are one of those players 100% also Jason is EASIER to kill now not that it was ever y hard , your posts  are funny.....  did you play this game at Launch?, Jason was much more OP, instead of complaining about not being able to have dance party’s (we all know that is what you like to do) play the game and practice fixing things, maybe set traps, learn how to run.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I don’t think it should go back to how it was before. Jason was too weak. Too often counselors just grouped on him all match and put his ass down the entire time without getting any objectives done. This was annoying to me because I was trying to get objectives done while a lot of others were just grouping up on Jason. Making it not as much of a team effort. No doubt though I did have fun fighting Jason but there is more to the game then that. With this update people are running for their lives which is how the movies were. 

People realized that you could put Jason down by grouping up, that was essentially the meta. 

7 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

LOL! When was there balance? Are you talking about chain stunning Jason and dancing on him for 20 minutes? Yea you are one of those players 100% also Jason is EASIER to kill now not that it was every hard , your posts  are funny.....  did you play this game at Launch?, Jason was much more OP, instead of complaining about not being able to have dance party’s (we all know that is what you like to do) play the game and practice fixing things, maybe set traps, learn how to run.

I played at launch kid, don’t try to school me. Anyway, as Jason I never feared the chain stunners and fighters. They were easy to counter by blocking, but I guess some people have half a brain to realize that. Anyway, he wasn’t even OP before. His gorilla swing hardly had range, and you had to spam it to actually get someone. Honestly it should just go back to the previous update.

51 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

OP you're probably a terrible player if the no stun when rage hits affects you that much i have played a tun more than i have in while after this patch and the balance is fine if you actually work as a unit to get objectives done the only times i haven't survived was when i was the only one doing objectives so quit wining the game is fine 

I played the game since launch bud, and I’m level 110. You’ve got nothing on me, besides if you saw me play you wouldn’t be saying that.

• Haha 3

I don't like the Rage non-stun thing if you're the last counselor left alive. It's very difficult to survive the night when all you can do is run.

That said, after playing for a couple of days I haven't noticed escaping to be any more difficult than it was before. I'm still getting away about as much as I always did. Generally speaking, pre-patch, if you didn't have objectives done before Jason started thinning the herd you were going to have a hard time escaping anyway. That's no different than now. If people actually find parts and fix stuff in the first half of the match, the avenues of escape will be available in the second half.

1 minute ago, Bonker2468 said:

I don't like the Rage non-stun thing if you're the last counselor left alive. It's very difficult to survive the night when all you can do is run.

That said, after playing for a couple of days I haven't noticed escaping to be any more difficult than it was before. I'm still getting away about as much as I always did. Generally speaking, pre-patch, if you didn't have objectives done before Jason started thinning the herd you were going to have a hard time escaping anyway. That's no different than now. If people actually find parts and fix stuff in the first half of the match, the avenues of escape will be available in the second half.

The escapes aren’t much different, however the amount of times you’ve died due to a Jason not being stunned in rage mode is quite infuriating. Especially when your low on stamina, and need to get a quick hit in. Also, playing it solo with randoms also sucks to get objectives done with. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, J. Parra said:

The escapes aren’t much different, however the amount of times you’ve died due to a Jason not being stunned in rage mode is quite infuriating. Especially when your low on stamina, and need to get a quick hit in. Also, playing it solo with randoms also sucks to get objectives done with. 

that's the point if you can't get out pre rage you should die

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, J. Parra said:

The game should go back to the way it was before..... yep.... the way it was at LAUNCH, I was a kickstart backer and played this game from the 1st minutes it hit, you obviously have no idea what game I was sold and what it was like at launch, the devs catered to Crybabies who never watched an f13 movie so wouldn’t know how stong Jason is supposed to be , the devs should be ashamed of themselves on how long they let this go on.

• Like 1

Trolls keep crying about “balance”. I don’t get what’s so hard to understand about a Friday the 13th game, is that it’s SUPPOSED TO BE UNBALANCED! In Jason’s favor! He is supposed to be an unstoppable monster. And now he’s finally becoming one in the game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Trolls keep crying about “balance”. I don’t get what’s so hard to understand about a Friday the 13th game, is that it’s SUPPOSED TO BE UNBALANCED! In Jason’s favor! He is supposed to be an unstoppable monster. And now he’s finally becoming one in the game. 

Bruh, have you seen how much of a goof Jason is? Guy gets kicked in the balls and stunned, and he also gets knocked out by a plank of wood.

17 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I agree with you! The buffs to Jason were needed! If you are a counselor, play differently. It should’ve never been a gang bang on Jason! The forums exploded, after the patch/Jason buff. I saw it coming. Lol! Play and adapt..we’ve all been through this/players from the beginning. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, J. Parra said:

Bruh, have you seen how much of a goof Jason is? Guy gets kicked in the balls and stunned, and he also gets knocked out by a plank of wood.

You’d brush off being kicked in the balls??

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2