nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co

(footage) The Rage killing glitch has been fixed but there is something you need to know

Does a baseball bat still work? I remember before it was mainly a axe and a baseball bat that kneeled him down. I also seen someone try a machete and it didn’t get him to his knees

Yes, weapons with high stun chance are likely to work. 

If the person hitting him after the sweater is used has a good sucker punch perk, it's more likely to work.

In the days when the sweater girl could also hit Jason right after using the sweater, I kneeled him with a wrench quite a few times, as wrenches stun him about 90% of the time with a 25% sucker punch perk equipped.   

Axe almost always works when I'm Tommy cause I use sucker punch on every counselor, but I've seen it fail quite a few times when others do it.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Does a baseball bat still work? I remember before it was mainly a axe and a baseball bat that kneeled him down. I also seen someone try a machete and it didn’t get him to his knees

Baseball bat does work almost always 99% of the time, it does glitch sometimes when you hit Jason from the side in the absence of sucker punch, or when you strike Jason too late in the animation.

Wrench has a 66% chance, plus sucker punch %, so it mostly works.

Axe I suspect is like a wrench, sucker punch plus axe almost always work BUT strike early, later strikes are the only ones I have seen failing.

All the other weapons are a gamble, machete can work if you are lucky or if you have sucker punch and it kicks in during the blow.

All in all our usual strategy is the designated Tommy with 25% sucker punch and the axe, it fails once every 10 kills mostly due to a late strike during the stun or an uneven surface or an osbtacle too close to Jason

If you go at 14.25 onwards in the video it is a real game with rage Jason, that's a perfect Tommy timing. Also in this scenario we had to let Deborah die as she was striking Jason and if someone touches Jason during the stun without sucker punch it can probably ruin the kill

8 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

You do know that killing Jason has always been one of the easiest things to do in the game right?

I think they were just informing the people who don’t know how to kill Jason.... don’t need to make unnecessary remarks. 

• Thanks 1

I always thought, any girl can get the sweater, Tommy has to be the one with the axe to kill him, and that's it. I've only ever actually been Tommy one time and killed him (I almost never ever go after the kill, I like escaping). I didn't know there was the added step of hitting him to drop him to his knees before the axe to the head is administered. Has it always been that way? Maybe the one time I killed him somebody else dropped him to his knees for me and I didn't see it. Like for some reason I thought when Tommy gets ready to smack him he falls to his knees on his own during the animation.

So the take away from this is, any weapon (that isn't flimsy and doesn't break) will drop him to his knees except a shotgun (what about flare?)...is that accurate?

I'm mainly writing this because I was unaware of the knee dropping step. Thanks for clarifying. 

47 minutes ago, NightmareFuel said:

I always thought, any girl can get the sweater, Tommy has to be the one with the axe to kill him, and that's it. I've only ever actually been Tommy one time and killed him (I almost never ever go after the kill, I like escaping). I didn't know there was the added step of hitting him to drop him to his knees before the axe to the head is administered. Has it always been that way? Maybe the one time I killed him somebody else dropped him to his knees for me and I didn't see it. Like for some reason I thought when Tommy gets ready to smack him he falls to his knees on his own during the animation.

So the take away from this is, any weapon (that isn't flimsy and doesn't break) will drop him to his knees except a shotgun (what about flare?)...is that accurate?

I'm mainly writing this because I was unaware of the knee dropping step. Thanks for clarifying. 

Hi Nightmare, this is your answer:

The correct sequence is:

1 sweater activation in an area which is compatible with the kill: even surface (as much as possible), no obstacles around Jason (in the video had I activated the sweater when Jason was on the stairs outside the lodge it may have not worked)

2 hit Jason from front or back, not the side (sometimes it glitches), with a stunning weapon (more on this later)

3 Jason on his knees Tommy can go for the kill (pressing X on PS4 or E on Xbox), but ONLY if Tommy can be in front of Jason with no obstacles (like sweater girl!!!) between him and Jason

Any hand to hand weapon has the potential to drop Jason to his knees (flare never worked for us) but that depends on the stunning capacity of the weapon plus Tommy's sucker punch %.

So you could drop Jason with a machete but even with a +25% sucker punch, you would probably have around 35% chances of it happening. (machete stuns roughly 1 times out 10 without sucker punch)

If you REALLY want to use the machete to kill Jason you can make him kneel with the axe and then switch to the matches. See this at the minute 14.16 onwards of the video

On 2/3/2019 at 5:19 AM, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Hi Nightmare, this is your answer:

The correct sequence is:

1 sweater activation in an area which is compatible with the kill: even surface (as much as possible), no obstacles around Jason (in the video had I activated the sweater when Jason was on the stairs outside the lodge it may have not worked)

2 hit Jason from front or back, not the side (sometimes it glitches), with a stunning weapon (more on this later)

3 Jason on his knees Tommy can go for the kill (pressing X on PS4 or E on Xbox), but ONLY if Tommy can be in front of Jason with no obstacles (like sweater girl!!!) between him and Jason

Any hand to hand weapon has the potential to drop Jason to his knees (flare never worked for us) but that depends on the stunning capacity of the weapon plus Tommy's sucker punch %.

So you could drop Jason with a machete but even with a +25% sucker punch, you would probably have around 35% chances of it happening. (machete stuns roughly 1 times out 10 without sucker punch)

If you REALLY want to use the machete to kill Jason you can make him kneel with the axe and then switch to the matches. See this at the minute 14.16 onwards of the video

I've dropped Jason to his knees with a fire poker before. A machete with epic or legendary sucker punch will drop him most of the time. It's never 100% guaranteed to work, even with sucker punch. The only weapon that'll drop him 99.999% of the time is the frying pan (not the pot). Also the kill animations are a little glitchy. I've had Jason nosed to a wall before, dropped him from behind, and the x prompt came up when I got beside him letting me kill him through a wall. You can also kill him in the lake if his head is out of the water. Just go into combat stance and give him a heavy hit to drop him. Then swim out to where he dropped and the x prompt will come up allowing Tommy to kill him on the bottom of the lake.