Sign in to follow this  
NightmareFuel

Can he see me?

If I have AJ selected, who is already stealth 10/10, and equip her with home body (chance of not being spotted while indoors) will it help her even more? Or not really, and I should use that perk space for something else?

Yes it helps but only indoors and depending on your fear also... if your fear is higher it will light up the cabin....on one of the times Jason hits sense or after he has Rage.

• Like 1

You're better off using a strong Lightfoot and fear reducing perk with AJ if you're trying to keep clear of Jason (Preparedness is a good choice since its map also let you avoid other counselors who will bring Jason to you; your stealth is meaningless if Vanessa is nearby). Jason can spam Sense and you're less likely to get stuff done when you hole up in buildings anyway.

• Like 1

My AJ set up is Nerves of steel (10% fear reduction, and you don't lose your mini map due to high fear) Restful 14% stamina regeneration and Lightfoot 14% less sound generated. Fear is what causes you to light up on senses, NOS will help you stay off radar and keep your mini map. Lightfoot makes AJ jog silently, also keeping you off radar. And restful keeps stamina topped off. You could switch That one for marathon, but I never have an issue with her overall stamina so I go restful.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NightmareFuel said:

If I have AJ selected, who is already stealth 10/10, and equip her with home body (chance of not being spotted while indoors) will it help her even more? Or not really, and I should use that perk space for something else?

You'll be basically invisible to Jason's sense until he gets rage. 

After that, a good Jason spams sense on and off so he will eventually find you from halfway across the map. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NightmareFuel said:

What do you mean by spam sense? Thanks for the replies and advise!

Spamming sense is when he activates the ability...cancels it out before it has drained much and then activates it again since the perks are based on percentage of chance one of the times he activates it .....it will eventually light you or the cabin up.

31 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Spamming sense is when he activates the ability...cancels it out before it has drained much and then activates it again since the perks are based on percentage of chance one of the times he activates it .....it will eventually light you or the cabin up.

It never occurred to me to do that. Thanks for making me an even better hunter lol.

5 minutes ago, NightmareFuel said:

It never occurred to me to do that. Thanks for making me an even better hunter lol.

Another tip about senses, if you stand outside of a cabin you are a much smaller target. Being inside lights up the whole cabin, much easier to see. If you think he's near, find an open window and stand near it. When he shows up, or if the hairs on the back of your neck get tingly. Jump into it for cover. Also, those loud Vanessas light up cabins real good. Use them! Just jog on the other side of it, it's hard to make out your shape unless your fear is high. AJ's 7 composure, with a 10% nerves of steel keeps her fear low.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NightmareFuel said:

No problem, hope it helps Drop a machete on someone’s head for me 😜

Just now, NightmareFuel said:

I'll do mother proud

That's what it's all about! Lol

On 2/2/2019 at 11:09 PM, NightmareFuel said:

I'll do mother proud

I think your my favourite old new person, such excellent topics.

On 2/4/2019 at 10:49 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

I think your my favourite old new person, such excellent topics.

Thanks! I try to add to the shenanigans and keep things interesting. In every aspect of my life lol.

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2019 at 10:10 AM, NightmareFuel said:

Stealth points only effect how noisy your character is. Noise is represented as the circle blips you see as Jason. AJ and Tiff don't make noise unless Jason is right on top of them. Sense is a different thing entirely. Home Body can be effective if up against inexperienced Jason players but a solid Jason will simply spam sense and find you. In my opinion your better off increasing AJ's Stamina recharge and overall pool with Restful and Marathon then add a health perk like Medic or Thick Skin.

3 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Stealth points only effect how noisy your character is. Noise is represented as the circle blips you see as Jason. AJ and Tiff don't make noise unless Jason is right on top of them. Sense is a different thing entirely. Home Body can be effective if up against inexperienced Jason players but a solid Jason will simply spam sense and find you. In my opinion your better off increasing AJ's Stamina recharge and overall pool with Restful and Marathon then add a health perk like Medic or Thick Skin.

Better stamina is definitely helpful with AJ since you should be sprinting around looking for parts, doing repairs and avoiding Jason whenever possible. But I consider Preparedness better than a health perk for her since avoiding counselors early on is critical for maxing out her usefulness. Less stealthy counselors will bring Jason to you and AJ is useless fighting Jason in a group due to her luck, strength, speed and stamina. A few extra slashes from a health perk will not save you when Vanessa leaves you in the dust.

A stamina perk is also not essential for AJ once you've mastered staying away from counselors/Jason and have the right stealth perks. I'm definitely surviving more since I swapped out an epic Restful for a -15% repair speed Speed Demon. It was often after a botched repair that I'd need more stamina and gain fear so Speed Demon is almost like three perks in one for a repair counselor like me (four in one if you value the negligible solo escape speed boost).

On PC many players have ESP hacks (I.e. "developer mode") that let them see items and players through walls(shows names at all times) so hiding and stealth is negated. Why I typically choose a faster character.