Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fair Play

Counselor Survival Since the Patch

Which Counselors Are You Surviving As Lately?  

48 members have voted

  1. 1. Which Counselors Are You Surviving As Lately?

    • Adam
      9
    • AJ
      12
    • Buggzy
      2
    • Chad
      3
    • Deborah
      8
    • Fox
      2
    • Jenny
      3
    • Kenny
      2
    • LaChappa
      3
    • Mitch
      7
    • Shelly
      1
    • Tiffany
      9
    • Vanessa
      9
    • Victoria
      4


Recommended Posts

Just now, Vanessaismymain said:

You gotta agree most gave up when Jason got nerfed bashing Gun. I stayed and took my licks while counselors danced and thought they were hot shit but that lit a fire under my ass to show them Jason is no bitch.  Now i feel sorry for counselors especially playing a Jason who kept playing this game when we didn't have a buff that's why most of us feel we didn't need it. 

I will agree that some people left and had very harsh feelings when it came to their stance on Gun and Illfonic. I won't say most, as I have no evidence to support such a statement. Back when Jason was on the wrong end of the nerf stick, a lot of people, you and I included, stuck it out, toughened up, and evolved in the game. People are likely doing that as I type this post. I know things are harder for counselors at the moment. Now the question to you is, could counselors take their licks and toughen up under the current situation?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny the annoying shit fueled me when playing as Jason... Call me crazy but i got use to it. 

 

9 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I will agree that some people left and had very harsh feelings when it came to their stance on Gun and Illfonic. I won't say most, as I have no evidence to support such a statement. Back when Jason was on the wrong end of the nerf stick, a lot of people, you and I included, stuck it out, toughened up, and evolved in the game. People are likely doing that as I type this post. I know things are harder for counselors at the moment. Now the question to you is, could counselors take their licks and toughen up under the current situation?

 

I see your point. My biggest beef theres no way to give you a second to regain stamina. I mean this may solve Jason taking a beating but, it shouldn't punish lone counselors who are trying to survive. A decent Jason can clear a lobby faster now so the last person is screwed for the most part. You may stand a chance against a slower paced Jason but, a Jason that can run, and shift grab, chances are very slim for survival.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been killed within the last minute as Tiffany. Would've probably lasted with the previous stun chances post-rage, so surviving the night is definitely do-able. You need to have more skill, have multiple places to fall back to in a Jason chase, and some luck, too. Also, thick skin doesn't hurt, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I see your point. My biggest beef theres no way to give you a second to regain stamina. I mean this may solve Jason taking a beating but, it shouldn't punish lone counselors who are trying to survive. A decent Jason can clear a lobby faster now so the last person is screwed for the most part.

I've encountered players whose play styles that would counter that point, but I can see your stance on the last counselor's chance of survival.

Just now, Thatguyinktown said:

I've been killed within the last minute as Tiffany. Would've probably lasted with the previous stun chances post-rage, so surviving the night is definitely do-able. You need to have more skill, have multiple places to fall back to in a Jason chase, and some luck, too. Also, thick skin doesn't hurt, either.

That's sound advice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

My biggest beef theres no way to give you a second to regain stamina. 

There’s ways. Jason can only tunnel so much. Put an obstacle in his way. My favorite is to go out (or in) the back window of a medium to large long cabin. When he morphs or shifts around to get you climb back in. By the time he gets back inside you will have your stamina completely or nearly completely refreshed.  If it’s too far to the exit then you should stand your ground. The woods are Jason’s playground. Don’t go there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

There’s ways. Jason can only tunnel so much. Put an obstacle in his way. My favorite is to go out (or in) the back window of a medium to large long cabin. When he morphs or shifts around to get you climb back in. By the time he gets back inside you will have your stamina completely or nearly completely refreshed.  If it’s too far to the exit then you should stand your ground. The woods are Jason’s playground. Don’t go there. 

Trees are good to mess up a possible Jason shift in progress

 My favorite obstacles are unlocked doors. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

There’s ways. Jason can only tunnel so much. Put an obstacle in his way. My favorite is to go out (or in) the back window of a medium to large long cabin. When he morphs or shifts around to get you climb back in. By the time he gets back inside you will have your stamina completely or nearly completely refreshed.  If it’s too far to the exit then you should stand your ground. The woods are Jason’s playground. Don’t go there. 

Pinehurst is definitely a pro Jason map now. You have to find a bigger cabin and try an loop him that's why i miss combat. 

 

I say this for a joke 😂 but, someone at Gun got pissed after getting beaten on and then called a meeting and they said shit has to change! I'll teach those little bastards to troll. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Trees are good to mess up a possible Jason shift in progress

 My favorite obstacles are unlocked doors. :)

Yes, I get a lot of pleasure out of slamming them in his face. :)

10 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

Pinehurst is definitely a pro Jason map now. You have to find a bigger cabin and try an loop him that's why i miss combat. 

You can get a lot of mileage from going between Reckless Ridge, the barn, the main house, and back. Even better if you’re lucky enough to have the police spawn down there. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I say this for a joke 😂 but, someone at Gun got pissed after getting beaten on and then called a meeting and they said shit has to change! I'll teach those little bastards to troll. 

If so, it'd probably be the first time Gun played Jason with the general public in a WHILE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Yes, I get a lot of pleasure out of slamming them in his face. :)

You can get a lot of mileage from going between Reckless Ridge, the barn, the main house, and back. Even better if you’re lucky enough to have the police spawn down there. 

Thanks for the tip 👍

 

8 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

If so, it'd probably be the first time Gun played Jason with the general public in a WHILE.

I was just kidding lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

Thanks for the tip 👍

Also, the shotgun always spawns in the barn closet, with a health spray nearby. I’ve also seen a shotgun spawn in Reckless Ridge. Two possible shotguns to play with!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

...I'm not.

🤣

 

8 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Also, the shotgun always spawns in the barn closet, with a health spray nearby. 

Yeah, i knew that but, thank you! That's nice of you to share your knowledge and experience with others 👍 You're an mvp right here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

🤣

Like, honestly, long derailment topic short: I never got the feeling that they played in quickplay that often after release. Their communication regarding the shift in balance after the oct17 release of having repair parts spawn on map demonstrated that, in my opinion.

But, either way, it feels better to play Jason. Less tedius, less of a grind, more enjoyable. What they've really done is remove the previous 5 minutes of stun between the start of rage, and now where its at. Counselors can still survive the night, they just have less weapons to choose from now.

Edited by Thatguyinktown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Like, honestly, long derailment topic short: I never got the feeling that they played in quickplay that often after release. Their communication regarding the shift in balance after the oct17 release of having repair parts spawn on map demonstrated that, in my opinion.

I feel if the point is to make Jason scary this isn't it. 

 

Rage should've meant infinite stalk, shift, morph, keeping a counselor from protecting themselves i feel is a bit much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

Rage should've meant infinite stalk, shift, morph, keeping a counselor from protecting themselves i feel is a bit much. 

Yeah, no, the door stuns were cheap, in my opinion, and the canned animation vulnerability hurt him.

I don't think anything protects a counselor more than the window i-frames?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think your juke game now being just as important as your fight game is awesome. Councilors have ten minutes to get their shit together. Jason then gets ten minutes to turn the Councilors into dog meat. If you're bitching get gud or quit. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving the patch, played about 25 games over friday and Saturday. LaChappa only, private matches against solid opponents. Probably 45% survival rate, 100% fun! First half get shit done and escape, 2nd half switch to machete and practice my dodge cancel. 45% survival for the fattest, slowest character. Too much fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pre-patch I mained Chad.  It was funny just running around and annoying Jason while things got done by other counselors.  Meanwhile if no one got anything done, I had a fighting chance to run and stun him for an extended period of time to survive the night.

Now, that strategy is no longer viable.  I don't want to play the run and stun game early in the match because it'll just get Jason his rage even faster.  And we all know the end game has nothing to do with run and stun anymore.  It's kiting/looping until Jason gets you because you're dead. 

So unfortunately this patch has effectively killed Chad.

I'm now playing as Adam.  If the objective is to kill Jason, his strength with an axe or machete is a plus.  If the objective is to protect a counselor while they repair, Adam can do that.  And repairing as him is a 3 click breeze as opposed to the Chad 5 clicker I was used to. Adam seems to be a good all around counselor, in my opinion. He's a jack of all trades but master of nothing who can adapt and change to the circumstances presented by the Jason player and the rest of the lobby. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been surviving about the same amount as always 50 - 70% depending on ratio of newbies to experienced players. Almost all of my lobbies nobody does any objectives. They aren't even trying to kill Jason anymore. They just stand around or dance. Sometimes they move to other areas but the player base has just stalled on doing anything in the game. A majority of times I have to do the objectives myself and on occasion I'll have a 2nd helper. It's been easy to wipe lobbies because everyone seems to just dick around. There have been games where I don't even get close to rage (meter at 50%) before killing all or having people leave. I've escaped twice from Jason when in rage with car and police. The police I just happen to get lucky and used the road barrier to get past him. He was pissed for sure lol. I'm having more fun than I've had in a long time. Jason's buff gives a sense of urgency to escape before rage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2019 at 3:24 PM, Ahab said:

   Nothing much has changed for me other than my odds of survival going up and Jason players getting low kill counts. I have been escaping far more often than before the patch and I always try to take others with me... it is rare I will drive the car out without each seat being full when there are still players alive.
   I have yet to get a good taste of Jason's stun immunity in rage and no one has tried to use me as a piñata since the patch dropped, but I am sure it will happen soon enough.

   I have been having an issue with playing Jason... I have my preference on Jason but am only getting to play him once a night through hours of matches. Other players are getting Jason multiple times in a lobby with me, but for some reason... I am not getting my Jason games... this is counter to how the ticket system is supposed to work. This is not a big deal for me right now anyway, I still want to use this increased tape drop to finish off my collection of Tommy tapes... one more to go. I like to collect stuff and am easily distracted by shiny things.
   I also enjoy playing counselors... and some other people need their turn as Jason anyway. If this problem persists, it may eventually get annoying.
 

   Thanks!... we will enjoy it!
    Now that Jason's training wheels are almost half as good as the training wheels the counselors have been enjoying for a very, very, very, very (I could keep going with the "very" for a while, but most people get the point here) long time... you think I should be seeing Jason players wipe entire lobbies... then please explain how I am seeing the exact opposite... and no one is quitting in the matches I have been playing.
    And if you want to say the Jason players suck... you are wrong. I am talking about some of the best Jason players I have ever been up against and played many matches with them.

   Also.... you and all those other quitters should find the salt mines amusing... There are a few videos on youtube about life in the salt mines… I get a good laugh out of them.
 

   I play A.J. for the most part right now. I also enjoy playing Mitch and Jenny... and sometimes even Adam... the fast runners and high stamina counselors are WAY too easy to play for me.
   In many games, no one helps with objectives and I still get three others out in the four seater... it is easier now than ever before... and I do not need to last twenty minutes... I escape, with others. But I have seen several people run down the clock since the patch... and it is laughable that you think we are not playing with good Jason players... I am playing with the same people I have been for a while, and see many of the same players in quick play that I know are damned good players.
     Also, I have run out the timer on many occasions with the slowest counselors who have low stamina... and my playstyle has not changed with this patch at all... I rarely take a swing at him unless it is to knock another player free of his grip... so I do not see a problem running out the clock if I choose to try again. The stamina boost for hitting Jason is a crutch for counselors that are only good at one aspect of the game... It is also very unrealistic and should be removed from the game. An adrenaline rush comes with a cost... soon after the adrenaline rush comes, it is over... and then comes... exhaustion.

    Try managing your stamina better, open windows... Jason does not have time to smash every window... you would be amazed at how taking the time to open windows will save your ass and the asses of any other player that needed an open window to get away from Jason. Teamwork is a thing.
    Managing fear will help you way more than you think too... stamina regeneration is fastest at zero fear.... and you cannot be successful at fear management while staying near Jason... and high fear leads to slow stamina regeneration.
    As has always been the case, your best chances in this game are to keep your distance from the psycho... just like in real life. This patch has not changed that at all, it merely enforced it... as it should be.

    If you cannot handle dying in a horror survival game... then you should take up checkers. This game may not be for you... we all die in this game a lot. The difference now is, some of us are surviving more often now and the trolls that used Jason as a piñata are crying because... gasp!... they died.

@Fair Play…. Sorry for the length of the post, but I felt these points needed to be stated.

Bravo, well played. I agree with every single word you typed above.

As I said over and over since the new patch dropped, the only people crying are the trolls who don't have it easy anymore. Poor babies.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I escape with mitch, it's not a real problem so far. I'd say perhaps a slight boost for stamina the moment jason gets his rage mode, can act like an adrenaline boost. Longer sprint times etc...couldnt hurt could it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kohagan said:

I escape with mitch, it's not a real problem so far. I'd say perhaps a slight boost for stamina the moment jason gets his rage mode, can act like an adrenaline boost. Longer sprint times etc...couldnt hurt could it? 

At this point, any idea could be considered. There's been a lot of interesting ones out there from what I've seen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...