Sign in to follow this  
Fair Play

Counselor Survival Since the Patch

Which Counselors Are You Surviving As Lately?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which Counselors Are You Surviving As Lately?

• Adam
    • AJ
    • Buggzy
    • Chad
    • Deborah
    • Fox
    • Jenny
    • Kenny
    • LaChappa
    • Mitch
    • Shelly
    • Tiffany
    • Vanessa
    • Victoria

I know the patch has left a number of people bitter. I also know there are players still surviving as various counselors. I think sharing some success stories may give hope to those who are struggling a bit with surviving.

• Like 2

I've been on a Chappa binge lately, had a great survival rate till I played with the old Scream team crew last night. Fucking head punch! Lol

8 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I know the patch has left a number of people bitter. I also know there are players still surviving as various counselors. I think sharing some success stories may give hope to those who are struggling a bit with surviving.

From what im seeing nothing has really changed.    Still escaping or dying as much as I used too.

Except now when Jason gets rage its much more enjoyable to try and avoid him.  Since I can no longer herp a derp melee smash him, heal and do it again.

As I’ve mentioned before, the escape options are still there. Complete objectives and get out of camp before the beast becomes untouchable. 

• Like 1

I’ve been surviving a lot more than I’ve been dying. The new rage really hasn’t changed anything much on my end. I only played once as Jason and I didn’t really get the chance to enjoy rage because I killed all but two people before it kicked in (I allowed one to escape by boat because the Tommy radio was in danger of being used). The lone survivor once I had rage was a cheater using the Jarvis porch glitch. I got him by using combat stance and slashing, but I was hoping for a good chase instead. 

I used to clear lobbies consistently, now I only average 3-4 kills because Everybody else just leaves the game about 5 minutes in. I just left a game as Jason not even 5 minutes ago due to only having 2 kills with 2 counselors remaining, the rest of the lobby just kept leaving one after another. Am I mad about it? No. Because if nothing has been accomplished within the first 5-7 minutes you might as well just leave the match because once rage hits you WILL NOT survive even the most average Jason player so why wait when the outcome is inevitable. 

Enjoy guys, Jason has training wheels now even 5 year olds can clear an entire lobby of day one skilled players. The time we all spent crafting our skills mean nothing. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, BlkHawk said:

once rage hits you WILL NOT survive even the most average Jason player so why wait when the outcome is inevitable. 

:lol:

Sorry, but you need to speak just for yourself. Me, My survival ability for the full 20 minutes has been pretty good to excellent against average Jasons. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

:lol:

Sorry, but you need to speak just for yourself. Me, My survival ability for the full 20 minutes has been pretty good to excellent against average Jasons. 

Yeah sure, if you pick a runner for that very reason. If you are a repair counselor, & absolutely nobody helps with objectives (picking up parts, dropping fuse, etc) ur telling me you can last 20 minutes against a decent Jason? No. You don’t have the stamina for it & stamina is the only thing keeping you alive post rage. 

If you say otherwise then you certainly ARE NOT playing “average Jason’s” 

8 minutes ago, BlkHawk said:

Yeah sure, if you pick a runner for that very reason. If you are a repair counselor, & absolutely nobody helps with objectives (picking up parts, dropping fuse, etc) ur telling me you can last 20 minutes against a decent Jason? No. You don’t have the stamina for it & stamina is the only thing keeping you alive post rage. 

I main Adam. His stamina isn’t that great, and no, it isn’t stamina that keeps you alive , it is the ability to correctly predict what the other guy will do next. Average Jasons have some skills but they still are capable of making mistakes. I can easily last several minutes against an average Jason by stocking up on med sprays, picking a good defensible position like one of the large cabins, and then window hop and loop without depleting much stamina. 

Now a GREAT Jason that is another story. But then, a great one would probably get me before rage even kicks in. 

12 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Nothing much has changed for me other than my odds of survival going up and Jason players getting low kill counts. I have been escaping far more often than before the patch and I always try to take others with me... it is rare I will drive the car out without each seat being full when there are still players alive.
   I have yet to get a good taste of Jason's stun immunity in rage and no one has tried to use me as a piñata since the patch dropped, but I am sure it will happen soon enough.

I have been having an issue with playing Jason... I have my preference on Jason but am only getting to play him once a night through hours of matches. Other players are getting Jason multiple times in a lobby with me, but for some reason... I am not getting my Jason games... this is counter to how the ticket system is supposed to work. This is not a big deal for me right now anyway, I still want to use this increased tape drop to finish off my collection of Tommy tapes... one more to go. I like to collect stuff and am easily distracted by shiny things.
   I also enjoy playing counselors... and some other people need their turn as Jason anyway. If this problem persists, it may eventually get annoying.

44 minutes ago, BlkHawk said:

Enjoy guys, Jason has training wheels now even 5 year olds can clear an entire lobby of day one skilled players. The time we all spent crafting our skills mean nothing. 

Thanks!... we will enjoy it!
    Now that Jason's training wheels are almost half as good as the training wheels the counselors have been enjoying for a very, very, very, very (I could keep going with the "very" for a while, but most people get the point here) long time... you think I should be seeing Jason players wipe entire lobbies... then please explain how I am seeing the exact opposite... and no one is quitting in the matches I have been playing.
    And if you want to say the Jason players suck... you are wrong. I am talking about some of the best Jason players I have ever been up against and played many matches with them.

Also.... you and all those other quitters should find the salt mines amusing... There are a few videos on youtube about life in the salt mines… I get a good laugh out of them.

Just now, BlkHawk said:

I play A.J. for the most part right now. I also enjoy playing Mitch and Jenny... and sometimes even Adam... the fast runners and high stamina counselors are WAY too easy to play for me.
   In many games, no one helps with objectives and I still get three others out in the four seater... it is easier now than ever before... and I do not need to last twenty minutes... I escape, with others. But I have seen several people run down the clock since the patch... and it is laughable that you think we are not playing with good Jason players... I am playing with the same people I have been for a while, and see many of the same players in quick play that I know are damned good players.
     Also, I have run out the timer on many occasions with the slowest counselors who have low stamina... and my playstyle has not changed with this patch at all... I rarely take a swing at him unless it is to knock another player free of his grip... so I do not see a problem running out the clock if I choose to try again. The stamina boost for hitting Jason is a crutch for counselors that are only good at one aspect of the game... It is also very unrealistic and should be removed from the game. An adrenaline rush comes with a cost... soon after the adrenaline rush comes, it is over... and then comes... exhaustion.

Try managing your stamina better, open windows... Jason does not have time to smash every window... you would be amazed at how taking the time to open windows will save your ass and the asses of any other player that needed an open window to get away from Jason. Teamwork is a thing.
    Managing fear will help you way more than you think too... stamina regeneration is fastest at zero fear.... and you cannot be successful at fear management while staying near Jason... and high fear leads to slow stamina regeneration.
    As has always been the case, your best chances in this game are to keep your distance from the psycho... just like in real life. This patch has not changed that at all, it merely enforced it... as it should be.

If you cannot handle dying in a horror survival game... then you should take up checkers. This game may not be for you... we all die in this game a lot. The difference now is, some of us are surviving more often now and the trolls that used Jason as a piñata are crying because... gasp!... they died.

@Fair Play…. Sorry for the length of the post, but I felt these points needed to be stated.

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone that has voted so far. To those who are having issues with survival, it is still being done.

@Redrum138, it's good to hear that you are enjoying yourself with your crew.

@HuDawg, it sounds like you are enjoying the patch quite a bit. Based on your posts on the subject, it sounds like good pairing.

@Dragonfire82877, you, I and many others already know this. There are still some that don't.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

@Fair Play…. Sorry for the length of the post, but I felt these points needed to be stated.

There's no need to apologize for the length of your post. You are one of a chosen few whose views I consistently enjoy reading.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just had a streak of 5 Jason Kills in 8 games, a couple of kills when enraged.

It is not difficult to survive, I am just upset because I lost the chance of enjoying a good fight, now I just hit Jason enough to demask and then time to go and create the conditions for a kill.

With that said, it is difficult to tell as lobbies are filled with new players so not much of a benchmark.

• Like 1

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

I’ve been escaping with Mitch since the patch dropped, thanks for the excellent topic @Fair Play.

No problem buddy. I'm here to keep life in the forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Played extensively for the first time in months last night with a VERY good crew in a private match. Escaped probably 5 or 6 times out of 10-12 matches. Survived the night once too. All with Jenny. 

3 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

I used to clear lobbies consistently, now I only average 3-4 kills because Everybody else just leaves the game about 5 minutes in. I just left a game as Jason not even 5 minutes ago due to only having 2 kills with 2 counselors remaining, the rest of the lobby just kept leaving one after another. Am I mad about it? No. Because if nothing has been accomplished within the first 5-7 minutes you might as well just leave the match because once rage hits you WILL NOT survive even the most average Jason player so why wait when the outcome is inevitable. 

‘Crafting skill? Sorry to break it to you,  but beating on Jason didn’t take any skill before this patch , it’s still just as easy to beat him to a pulp  before he hits rage and  still just as easy till kill him as it always was. Now I figure you are just one of those people who,actually thought that beating and killing Jason made you good at this game....  again..... sorry to break it to you..... it didn’t. If you “crafted your skill” (which I find hilarious, this game is not exactly complex or designed to be competitive) you wouldn’t have a problem escaping.

44 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

‘Crafting skill? Sorry to break it to you,  but beating on Jason didn’t take any skill before this patch , it’s still just as easy to beat him to a pulp  before he hits rage and  still just as easy till kill him as it always was. Now I figure you are just one of those people who,actually thought that beating and killing Jason made you good at this game....  again..... sorry to break it to you..... it didn’t. If you “crafted your skill” (which I find hilarious, this game is not exactly complex or designed to be competitive) you wouldn’t have a problem escaping.

How long have you been playing this game? Skill is apart of any game. If anyone could beat on Jason as you suggest, how does most Jason’s clear lobbies? Please explain.

it takes skill and time played in order to become a good counselor. Otherwise trying to fight Jason will result in death every time. I can’t count how many times someone would just run up on me thinking they can fight me only to be grabbed almost instantly. Jason had all the tools to take out anyone, we shouldn’t be punished because noob Jason’s didn’t wanna spend time offline practicing different tactics.

& yes, I was one of “those guys” that fought Jason, Why? So everyone else could repair objectives. Do I play like that all the time? No. Only when I need to. Some people just play to escape while others enjoy other aspects of the game such as looping, fighting & the thrill of the chase. What fun is escaping and spectating for the next 15 minutes? When before you could waist Jason’s time & help more people get away. Is that my fault Jason didn’t get more kills? No, he didn’t have to fall for my tactic & Tunnel me for 10 minutes while everyone else repaired the cars & called the police. That just makes you a bad Jason.

The fact you believe this game requires “no skill” explains to me why you enjoy this patch so much. Because now ur right. Takes no skill at all. 

• Like 1

I think saying that you’re fighting to allow others a chance to escape is a bullshit excuse when in fact most likely no objectives are being done and everybody else is teaming up and fighting Jason the same as you. 

This poll is proof that certain players are being punished. Certain counselors were meant to fight with Jason while the other high maintenance counselors gathered parts and fixed things.  This is my last thoughts i'll try an be more positive in the future.  I get people are tired of the trolls but, unfortunately this behavior has been promoted and encouraged every since the emotes were released. Example, one of achievements is Chads a dick! I see post promoting Chad dancing in a speedo on Twitter!

I mean for a long time this game was promoting Counselor dlc's instead of focusing on making Jason more scary or more of a bad ass.

I mean no disrespect to Gun but, for instance people who like going into cabins dancing around turning on radios, using their emotes with the music  instead of doing objectives, this should've never been part of the game to begin with.

Fornite became popular then all sudden we got silly dance moves instead of people worrying about saving their asses, they were off using their emotes. This is how the trolling started well, maybe not how it started but damn sure encouraged it.  I got use to being a lone wolf as counselor and could face Jason one on one now he rages and i can't fight back. I feel loyal players who adapted are the one being screwed the most. If Jason only targets you - you might as well say it's over and the others escape or they all stand around using their emotes dancing, then Jason kills them all!  

I adapted through the bullshit when Jason got nerfed and now people who hasn't touch your game in months can get 8/8 and magically think their bad ass if they were so good they never would've left the game to begin with. I feel no challenge now when playing as Jason and when i play as counselor running and Jumping in and out of windows is the only option a counselor has now. being able to hit Jason was a means of helping get your stamina back.

I feel Jason needs a longer stalk ability no music, no warning, Jason could be anywhere! Rage, He Should be a beast when he hits a door the whole cabin should shake that would make players nervous and would bring fear back to the game. The last one might be impossible but, stalk could be enhanced! There should be a way for singular counselors to defend themselves even though Jason should be tough but a counselor should have a way to regain stamina to stun him or distract him to buy some time!

Sorry about the long post. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

Fffff that noise. I never quit the game even if he’s in rage and I’m the last one left. Never give up. Always try your best :)

2 hours ago, Vanessaismymain said:

This poll is proof that certain players are being punished. Certain counselors were meant to fight with Jason while the other high maintenance counselors gathered parts and fixed things.  This is my last thoughts i'll try an be more positive in the future.  I get people are tired of the trolls but, unfortunately this behavior has been promoted and encouraged every since the emotes were released. Example, one of achievements is Chads a dick! I see post promoting Chad dancing in a speedo on Twitter! It's a bit premature to make that assessment.

I mean for a long time this game was promoting Counselor dlc's instead of focusing on making Jason more scary or more of a bad ass.

I mean no disrespect to Gun but, for instance people who like going into cabins dancing around turning on radios, using their emotes with the music  instead of doing objectives, this should've never been part of the game to begin with.

Some people feel that way, myself included.

Fornite became popular then all sudden we got silly dance moves instead of people worrying about saving their asses, they were off using their emotes. This is how the trolling started well, maybe not how it started but damn sure encouraged it.  I got use to being a lone wolf as counselor and could face Jason one on one now he rages and i can't fight back. I feel loyal players who adapted are the one being screwed the most. If Jason only targets you - you might as well say it's over and the others escape or they all stand around using their emotes dancing, then Jason kills them all!   Trolling was a thing long before emotes.

I adapted through the bullshit when Jason got nerfed and now people who hasn't touch your game in months can get 8/8 and magically think their bad ass if they were so good they never would've left the game to begin with. I feel no challenge now when playing as Jason and when i play as counselor running and Jumping in and out of windows is the only option a counselor has now. being able to hit Jason was a means of helping get your stamina back. That's an unfair statement. As much as people love this game, there are other games out there. I play this game regularly. At any given time, I'm playing about a dozen or so games in the same span of time. Other people are also playing more than just this game.

Just now, NightmareFuel said:

Today I saw someone outlast a relatively decent Jason all the way to the end and survive. It's clearly still possible, just harder.

Do you remember the counselor used?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

adapted through the bullshit when Jason got nerfed and now people who hasn't touch your game in months can get 8/8 and magically think their bad ass if they were so good they never would've left the game to begin with. I feel no challenge now when playing as Jason and when i play as counselor running and Jumping in and out of windows is the only option a counselor has now. being able to hit Jason was a means of helping get your stamina back. That's an unfair statement. As much as people love this game, there are other games out there. I play this game regularly. At any given time, I'm playing about a dozen or so games in the same span of time. Other people are also playing more than just this game.

You gotta agree some gave up when Jason got nerfed bashing Gun. I stayed and took my licks while counselors danced and thought they were hot shit but that lit a fire under my ass to show them Jason is no bitch.  Now i feel sorry for counselors especially playing a Jason who kept playing this game when we didn't have a buff that's why most of us feel we didn't need it.