TommyJarvis609

The new update is pretty cool

I actually like it cause it adds more of a challenge. Also, Jason feels more menacing and like an ACTUAL threat because before the update, he was just easy to gang up on and even kill. The idea of him not being stunnable during Rage makes it more fun and the like, since you have to find new ways to get away and survive the night. Of course, there is a bug where Jason is invincible in Rage when it comes to Tommy and the sweater girl trying to kill him but that should be fixed soon.

Honestly, I don't see what the problem is. As someone who binges this game to hell and loves Friday the 13th with a passion, it is quite refreshing to see that Jason is now a force to be reckoned with. I've gotten away from Jason when he's in Rage and I was the last surviving player. I had Tommy Jarvis, but Tommy is overpowered if you know how to use him and that's pretty much one of the reasons I got to the cops when Jason was chasing me. Nonetheless, I've escaped from Jason and have survived since the new update. There is plenty of time to fix the car, boat or phone and also a myriad of ways to divert Jason's attention when it comes to distracting him so the other counselors can work on stuff.

Other than being a counselor, being Jason since this update came out has been absolutely fun. I've come across a few oblivious trolls that tried to slow me down or annoy me. I remember getting Rage in one match and this Vanessa tried hitting me after I got it. She had 2 pocket knives but I caught her, lol. It's hilarious to see trolls haul ass when they realize they can't stun you anymore. Of course, if you try to troll Jason nowadays, you're just going to get his Rage up even faster which isn't a wise decision to say the least. I think he should only be hit when it's absolutely necessary. People can now enjoy themselves without the hassle of trolls getting in the way all the time, since Jason is no longer a punching bag for counselors. I think if I'm going to mess with Jason, I'm not going to hit him a bunch of times and only do it for a little bit if the Jason doesn't know what he's doing.

What do you guys think? Do you love or hate the new update? Or are you just indifferent towards it?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to camp Tommy, I like the patch but it’s a complicated answer as to why, it’s a good first step in rebalancing the game. 

• Like 1

I feel the same way as you do. I love the challenge it gives. I think Jason is a little bit too OP and some balancing changes need to be made such as fireworks still stunning in rage, more than 2 shotguns in the map, maybe even spawn some shotgun ammo?, and lastly I think Tommy should get a buff where he can stun Jason in rage mode so he can be a hero to the team. I think if they added these things I listed it’d give counselors some hope to survive when Jason is in rage

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I feel the same way as you do. I love the challenge it gives. I think Jason is a little bit too OP and some balancing changes need to be made such as fireworks still stunning in rage, more than 2 shotguns in the map, maybe even spawn some shotgun ammo?, and lastly I think Tommy should get a buff where he can stun Jason in rage mode so he can be a hero to the team. I think if they added these things I listed it’d give counselors some hope to survive when Jason is in rage

Firecrackers would be good, I think there’s 3 or 4 shotguns per map plus Tommy’s. Unfortunately shells would be new content.

I’m not comfortable with giving Tommy the ability to stun Jason, you could maybe convince me of a sole survivor getting a 50% stun chance rather than Tommy though. Talk more about it later.

Please leave the game as it is, no need to cater to people who think Jason is OP, HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE OP,  set, traps behind doors(hardly anyone does this),save your knives, and shot guns, the game is fun again , Jason has been a joke for over a year, he is finally feared again, don’t nerf him again please.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Firecrackers would be good, I think there’s 3 or 4 shotguns per map plus Tommy’s. Unfortunately shells would be new content.

I’m not comfortable with giving Tommy the ability to stun Jason, you could maybe convince me of a sole survivor getting a 50% stun chance rather than Tommy though. Talk more about it later.

Firecrackers would not be good, people need to set traps behind doors, and learn how to evade Jason without using a weapon , I hope the devs don’t give into this

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’ve really only found 2 shotguns per map plus Tommy’s gun. And why not give tommy that ability? He’s supposed to be the hero. How can he save the counselors if he can’t even stun Jason. Kinda ruins his purpose imo

1 hour ago, TommyJarvis609 said:

I actually like it cause it adds more of a challenge. Also, Jason feels more menacing and like an ACTUAL threat because before the update, he was just easy to gang up on and even kill.

This was the whole point of the patch. You can see how well it is working with all of the posts crying about it.

Honestly, I don't see what the problem is.

I don't see the problem either... but trolls will cry a river of tears when someone makes it harder for them to annoy people.

As someone who binges this game to hell and loves Friday the 13th with a passion, it is quite refreshing to see that Jason is now a force to be reckoned with

I also enjoy binging this game and have been a fan of the movies before part 2 was even conceived... and I agree, it is quite refreshing to see some progress in making it harder to bully or kill Jason as was intended with this patch.

I still have not noticed a difference with the patch myself. My only two games so far as Jason (since the patch) everyone had already escaped or been killed before I was put into rage. But I will be jumping head first back into Crystal Lake shortly.

11 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

How can he save the counselors if he can’t even stun Jason. Kinda ruins his purpose imo

He can help them escape, he can free them from Jason's grip... he is also the best counselor at repairing in the game being the only one with 10 luck and 10 repair... and there is no better counselor to kite Jason with to waste his time while everyone else escapes. Try an use your head... thinking is a thing.
    The patch was meant to make it harder to kill Jason as was originally intended. WAY too many people are crying because they thought they were good at something that I managed to do on my second day playing the game... and now it has been made only slightly more difficult. In case you have not heard, the hot fix is already out and you can drop Jason to his knees when he is in the sweater stun in rage again... so it is still only slightly harder to do something that was incredibly easy to do before.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Ahab said:

This was the whole point of the patch. You can see how well it is working with all of the posts crying about it.

I don't see the problem either... but trolls will cry a river of tears when someone makes it harder for them to annoy people.

I also enjoy binging this game and have been a fan of the movies before part 2 was even conceived... and I agree, it is quite refreshing to see some progress in making it harder to bully or kill Jason as was intended with this patch.

I still have not noticed a difference with the patch myself. My only two games so far as Jason (since the patch) everyone had already escaped or been killed before I was put into rage. But I will be jumping head first back into Crystal Lake shortly.

He can help them escape, he can free them from Jason's grip... he is also the best counselor at repairing in the game being the only one with 10 luck and 10 repair... and there is no better counselor to kite Jason with to waste his time while everyone else escapes. Try an use your head... thinking is a thing.
    The patch was meant to make it harder to kill Jason as was originally intended. WAY too many people are crying because they thought they were good at something that I managed to do on my second day playing the game... and now it has been made only slightly more difficult. In case you have not heard, the hot fix is already out and you can drop Jason to his knees when he is in the sweater stun in rage again... so it is still only slightly harder to do something that was incredibly easy to do before.

Freeing counselors from Jason in his grab is kinda suicide now at this point when he is in rage mode so no Tommy wouldn’t really be able to save anyone because Jason can either slash or grab someone else again. So it ruins his chances at saving counselors. And If Jason really doesn’t want to deal with  Tommy he can cut all the power. I think what they could do is visually show where the Tommy house is and it can be a new objective for Jason to control. I don’t see why you see it as such a huge problem for only 1 person to have the power to stun Jason in rage.... Did you see Tommy running for his life in the movie from Jason? No Tommy was never afraid to step up to Jason and fight him. Hell, even as a little boy Tommy stepped up to him. And believe me, I’ve done a lot of thinking about this patch and adjustments necessary for it. I’m sure a lot of others see my perspective on where I’m coming from. This change is necessary and I’m going to try my best to make it happen. 

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Your last paragraph hit the nail right on the head, killing Jason is one of the easiest things to do on this game, far to many people pride themselves on doing something so easy, my guess is that they are horrible at games that are 100% combat such as mortal kombat (I’m getting 11 the second it comes out)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Freeing counselors from Jason in his grab is kinda suicide now at this point when he is in rage mode so no Tommy wouldn’t really be able to save anyone because Jason can either slash or grab someone else again. So it ruins his chances at saving counselors. And If Jason really doesn’t want to deal with  Tommy he can cut all the power. I think what they could do is visually show where the Tommy house is and it can be a new objective for Jason to control. I don’t see why you see it as such a huge problem for only 1 person to have the power to stun Jason in rage.... Did you see Tommy running for his life in the movie from Jason? No Tommy was never afraid to step up to Jason and fight him. Hell, even as a little boy Tommy stepped up to him. And believe me, I’ve done a lot of thinking about this patch and adjustments necessary for it. I’m sure a lot of others see my perspective on where I’m coming from. This change is necessary and I’m going to try my best to make it happen. 

LOL! You joined here Wednesday so you fit in with the others who just joined to cry... sorry but it’s true, good luck on doing your best to have the devs change it.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

LOL! You joined here Wednesday so you fit in with the others who just joined to cry... sorry but it’s true, good luck on doing your best to have the devs change it.

If you would read my posts I actually said I like the update I just think there needs to be some changes made to it is all. The changes I want made are very far from too extreme. I love how the counselors now can’t stun Jason in rage mode. But I think at least Tommy should be able to... It’s ridiculous how easy Jason has it now with rage mode. With adjustments it’d actually give Jason a challenge. And I’m not crying about anything. I still play the game and love it. It’s sounds like you’re just talking trash.. so I’d rather not associate with you. Probably just a Jason main who wants to have it too easy. Jeez are some of you Jason mains seriously that opposed to ONE person stunning you in rage. Omg it one friggen person

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Jason mains seriously that opposed to ONE person stunning you in rage. Omg it one friggen person

Because trolls ruin everything, not because I’m a Jason main (which isn’t a thing anyway). I prefer Counselor play but enjoy every chance I get to be Jason. Jason did get a small buff in his ability to inflict damage to multiple Counselors but really that’s it.

As for Jason being tougher to kill, he’s actually easier to kill now. (This isn’t Somethin(g), that I normally do but the math checks out). A shotgun is a guaranteed drop to his knees and he takes full damage from every hit when he can’t be stunned. No mask equals dead.

The thing that’s changed is how people see pressure where none exists, they’re treating Jason differently but everything is mostly the same, just more tension and you require a bit more strategy. Before you could dance, now you have to escape, kill the killer or die. A small percentage of us will be able to beat the clock, mostly by using the car as a mobile safe room, who cares if Jason can’t be stunned just drive away. 

Back to Tommy, the reason I wouldn’t want Tommy to be able to stun Jason is it would mean a return of the dancing on Jason parties and it would be worse because you should be immune. Tommy shouldn’t be able to enable trolling, it would make him the most hated part of the game. Trolls already know how to kill themselves without it being suicide, so I’ll say hard pass on Tommy getting stun powers. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I have freed quite a few counselors from Jason's grip after rage since the update... That is really the only time I even take a swing at him.... All I have seen since the update is a great many Jason players with very low kill counts. With the amount of med sprays in game and the amount of people that use thick skin and medic, this should not even be an issue... I can truly say this because I do not use thick skin or medic and I have absolutely no problem doing it.

Showing Jason the Tommy house is too much of a buff in my opinion.... and besides, for those of us who concentrate on repairing and completing objectives... it is not a problem to repair the power box and get the Tommy call off unless Jason is camping the power box... and even then, it merely takes some teamwork. And if Jason camps the power box, he risks a mass exodus of escaping counselors... Either way, it still a win for counselors.

Yes... Tommy does run for his life from Jason right up until he had the boat ready and started taunting him in part 6... Part 4 was a different story, but only at the end, before that... yes, he was running from Jason. At the end, he was just a kid with some courage and a plan who refused to abandon his sister, and in the end... he got lucky... And please do not make me explain story structure... again.

Personally, I am not seeing any changes to Jason so far as I have only been able to play him once per night (even with preference on Jason and playing for four to six hours per night since the patch)… and in my first two games as Jason, everyone was either dead or escaped before I hit rage. The third game I hit rage, but there was only one person left alive and they did not take a swing at me... which makes it pretty hard to see the difference.

Changes will still happen anyway. This was not such a massive buff to Jason as people make it out to be or the Jason players that I have been playing with would not be getting such low kill counts. Most of them I have played with many times and they are damned good at playing the big guy... so don't try coming back at that saying they suck... because you would be laughably wrong.
     This patch has done quite a bit to help stop the piñata parties so far from what I have seen... so it is a success on that front. But as others have pointed out, certain aspects will actually make the Jason kill easier... and they were trying to make it more difficult to pull off, as it should be... so yes, more changes will come.
     But I will add this.... Any change that makes people who find it fun to annoy, harass or stress the crap out of other players complain... is a success. No one should ever cater to assholes… and the very definition of an asshole is someone who finds amusement in annoying, harassing or stressing out others. All things in life are more fun when you do not have to deal with assholes.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Because trolls ruin everything, not because I’m a Jason main (which isn’t a thing anyway). I prefer Counselor play but enjoy every chance I get to be Jason. Jason did get a small buff in his ability to inflict damage to multiple Counselors but really that’s it.

As for Jason being tougher to kill, he’s actually easier to kill now. (This isn’t Somethin(g), that I normally do but the math checks out). A shotgun is a guaranteed drop to his knees and he takes full damage from every hit when he can’t be stunned. No mask equals dead.

The thing that’s changed is how people see pressure where none exists, they’re treating Jason differently but everything is mostly the same, just more tension and you require a bit more strategy. Before you could dance, now you have to escape, kill the killer or die. A small percentage of us will be able to beat the clock, mostly by using the car as a mobile safe room, who cares if Jason can’t be stunned just drive away. 

Back to Tommy, the reason I wouldn’t want Tommy to be able to stun Jason is it would mean a return of the dancing on Jason parties and it would be worse because you should be immune. Tommy shouldn’t be able to enable trolling, it would make him the most hated part of the game. Trolls already know how to kill themselves without it being suicide, so I’ll say hard pass on Tommy getting stun powers. 

52 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I have freed quite a few counselors from Jason's grip after rage since the update... That is really the only time I even take a swing at him.... All I have seen since the update is a great many Jason players with very low kill counts. With the amount of med sprays in game and the amount of people that use thick skin and medic, this should not even be an issue... I can truly say this because I do not use thick skin or medic and I have absolutely no problem doing it.

Showing Jason the Tommy house is too much of a buff in my opinion.... and besides, for those of us who concentrate on repairing and completing objectives... it is not a problem to repair the power box and get the Tommy call off unless Jason is camping the power box... and even then, it merely takes some teamwork. And if Jason camps the power box, he risks a mass exodus of escaping counselors... Either way, it still a win for counselors.

Yes... Tommy does run for his life from Jason right up until he had the boat ready and started taunting him in part 6... Part 4 was a different story, but only at the end, before that... yes, he was running from Jason. At the end, he was just a kid with some courage and a plan who refused to abandon his sister, and in the end... he got lucky... And please do not make me explain story structure... again.

Personally, I am not seeing any changes to Jason so far as I have only been able to play him once per night (even with preference on Jason and playing for four to six hours per night since the patch)… and in my first two games as Jason, everyone was either dead or escaped before I hit rage. The third game I hit rage, but there was only one person left alive and they did not take a swing at me... which makes it pretty hard to see the difference.

Changes will still happen anyway. This was not such a massive buff to Jason as people make it out to be or the Jason players that I have been playing with would not be getting such low kill counts. Most of them I have played with many times and they are damned good at playing the big guy... so don't try coming back at that saying they suck... because you would be laughably wrong.
     This patch has done quite a bit to help stop the piñata parties so far from what I have seen... so it is a success on that front. But as others have pointed out, certain aspects will actually make the Jason kill easier... and they were trying to make it more difficult to pull off, as it should be... so yes, more changes will come.
     But I will add this.... Any change that makes people who find it fun to annoy, harass or stress the crap out of other players complain... is a success. No one should ever cater to assholes… and the very definition of an asshole is someone who finds amusement in annoying, harassing or stressing out others. All things in life are more fun when you do not have to deal with assholes.

Slasher Clone-

But Jason can easily set traps at the power box to prevent Tommy from getting called. And as far as you talking about trolls. The chances of this happening are slimmer bc it’s only 1 person coming back as Tommy so whoever is playing as Jason could just hope it’s not a troll. And Jason can make him a primary target and kill him right away to... and I don’t think dance parties would be happening in front of Jason. I could see other counselors actually doing repairs while tommy distracts Jason. Why would conselors be dancing and teabagging Jason if they can’t defend themselves. It wouldn’t happen. 

Ahab-

giving Jason a buff to show where the tommy house wouldn’t be too much of a buff if tommy got a buff to stun him. It’d equalize out bc Jason will want to prevent him from getting called almost as much as the police. He can set traps at the power box... so he doesn’t need to camp around the tommy house. And you’re right about the piñata parties. I’m so happy playing as Jason now that a group of counselors aren’t able to gang up on me anymore. That shit got old... I just think some changes need made bc you have mixed reviews about the update. Some love it and some hate it and others love it but want a few changes (like me) so there needs to be some middle ground here so everyone can meet in the middle and all of us to be happy with it. With the movie thing in part 6 I think he only ran from Jason once in the start of the movie and was locked down by the cops most the time. He wanted to go hunt Jason down in the movie which he finally could do at the end.. 

Well put @Ahab, I will say while say while I don’t necessarily think the Tommy box should be on the map (Jason doesn’t have time to guard another objective right now), it should start in the broken state. Look forward to the discussions to come now that people are coming around. I can’t praise the Pubs/Devs enough for changing the dynamic, even if it isn’t as large a change as was needed, it did stop the dance parties and tweaks can improve it for both sides. 

• Thanks 1

I don't really have a dog in this fight, since I don't play online. If I haven't  killed all the bots before rage kicks in then I'm having an off night.  Having said that, I have to wonder what some people hoped to get from this game.  If their intent was always "Let's go beat up Jason" then I have to think that they aren't really fans of the property at all.

Although I love playing Jason, the horror fan in me longs to be a counselor. Alone in the woods...every shadow a potential concealment for a deranged killer...knowing that it's a matter of WHEN, not IF he eventually finds you...

Folks, this was meant to be a HORROR game. Jason is meant to be scary. That's what this update was about, not pacifiying Jason mains.  Without his air of invincibility, Jason is just a lost goalie. No ones buying this game for that.  What glory is there in beating a weak Jason?  Why bother playing if your opponent is a goofy pinata instead of a horror icon?

I think we're due for an influx of new players on account of this patch. Some will want to taste Jason's new power but others will want to test themselves against a Jason worthy of the name.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

giving Jason a buff to show where the tommy house wouldn’t be too much of a buff if tommy got a buff to stun him. It’d equalize out bc Jason will want to prevent him from getting called almost as much as the police. He can set traps at the power box... so he doesn’t need to camp around the tommy house. And you’re right about the piñata parties. I’m so happy playing as Jason now that a group of counselors aren’t able to gang up on me anymore. That shit got old... I just think some changes need made bc you have mixed reviews about the update. Some love it and some hate it and others love it but want a few changes (like me) so there needs to be some middle ground here so everyone can meet in the middle and all of us to be happy with it. With the movie thing in part 6 I think he only ran from Jason once in the start of the movie and was locked down by the cops most the time. He wanted to go hunt Jason down in the movie which he finally could do at the end.. 

I will give you one thing about Tommy being able to stun after rage.... stunning shots do less damage. With rage as it is, every hit is doing full damage... and Jason's block is still useless.

As far as the mixed reviews... a great many of the complainers began before the patch even dropped, making their complaints bias and invalid.

About Tommy in part 6.... story structure... again. The writers had a plan for Tommy and he did what they wrote. But imagine for a second, if things had worked differently, with a touch of logic... If Tommy had Jason coming at him before he had the boat ready to execute his plan, he would have ran.... If Tommy had not gone to the cops and been tossed in a cell, he may have tried something different... and been horribly murdered for his trouble because things worked out differently... and we may have been talking about Megan Garris as the hero character in the game.
   Tommy ran when necessary and really only didn't run at the end because he was ready for the big guy before Jason knew he was there. If any part had worked out differently, things would have been very different in the end, but all of the characters will do only what the writer writes. But they did not write Tommy as being a blithering moron that charged at Jason every time he saw him.

@Slasher_Clone The power box for the Tommy house starting broken is... very interesting. I like it. This sounds like a good alternative... but it could also be a giveaway that it is indeed the correct power box... we still see the power boxes on Jason's map... and trapping that one immediately is ensuring you have the right one if you were lucky enough to morph into that area first. If you morph there immediately and the power is still out, it also tells you that Tommy was not called immediately. That is great for -Traps Jason variants... but I am not sure I would want to waste a trap on it myself... Haven't yet anyway.
    Still a good idea and should be considered.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Well put @Ahab, I will say while say while I don’t necessarily think the Tommy box should be on the map (Jason doesn’t have time to guard another objective right now), it should start in the broken state. Look forward to the discussions to come now that people are coming around. I can’t praise the Pubs/Devs enough for changing the dynamic, even if it isn’t as large a change as was needed, it did stop the dance parties and tweaks can improve it for both sides. 

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

I will give you one thing about Tommy being able to stun after rage.... stunning shots do less damage. With rage as it is, every hit is doing full damage... and Jason's block is still useless.

As far as the mixed reviews... a great many of the complainers began before the patch even dropped, making their complaints bias and invalid.

About Tommy in part 6.... story structure... again. The writers had a plan for Tommy and he did what they wrote. But imagine for a second, if things had worked differently, with a touch of logic... If Tommy had Jason coming at him before he had the boat ready to execute his plan, he would have ran.... If Tommy had not gone to the cops and been tossed in a cell, he may have tried something different... and been horribly murdered for his trouble because things worked out differently... and we may have been talking about Megan Garris as the hero character in the game.
   Tommy ran when necessary and really only didn't run at the end because he was ready for the big guy before Jason knew he was there. If any part had worked out differently, things would have been very different in the end, but all of the characters will do only what the writer writes. But they did not write Tommy as being a blithering moron that charged at Jason every time he saw him.

@Slasher_Clone The power box for the Tommy house starting broken is... very interesting. I like it. This sounds like a good alternative... but it could also be a giveaway that it is indeed the correct power box... we still see the power boxes on Jason's map... and trapping that one immediately is ensuring you have the right one if you were lucky enough to morph into that area first. If you morph there immediately and the power is still out, it also tells you that Tommy was not called immediately. That is great for -Traps Jason variants... but I am not sure I would want to waste a trap on it myself... Haven't yet anyway.
    Still a good idea and should be considered.

It was good discussing this subject with the both of you guys. I guess we will all just have to agree to disagree. We got our difference of opinion which is just fine with me. We each got our own arguments on the subject. I’ve said all of my points I want to make clear and you guys have said yours. Now I can just respectfully say I disagree and I’m sticking to my opinion. 🤝

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

It was good discussing this subject with the both of you guys. I guess we will all just have to agree to disagree. We got our difference of opinion which is just fine with me. We each got our own arguments on the subject. I’ve said all of my points I want to make clear and you guys have said yours. Now I can just respectfully say I disagree and I’m sticking to my opinion. 🤝

No problem buddy, glad you’re figuring out how to fit in around camp. Respectfully disagreement shows maturity a lot of new members seem to lack. Give it a week or so and we’ll have another go at it, people will be more willing to discuss changes then.

• Like 1

I absolutely love the new update. Anyone who doesn't is just sad because they can't troll and treat Jason like a pinata anymore.

3 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I absolutely love the new update. Anyone who doesn't is just sad because they can't troll and treat Jason like a pinata anymore.

Stop baiting them, I just got them settled for their naps, lol.

I agree with your sentiments, but I couldn’t pass up the joke. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

Or they're unhappy that it didn't actually solve the problem. Whichever story you like I guess.

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Stop baiting them, I just got them settled for their naps, lol.

I agree with your sentiments, but I couldn’t pass up the joke. 

Sorry, daddy.  ;)

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

Or they're unhappy that it didn't actually solve the problem. Whichever story you like I guess.

Oh, it TOTALLY solved the problem. Don't you worry about that.

• Haha 1