Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dreamcastluvr

Customizable Offline Bots/ Single Player Mode

Recommended Posts

As the online scene seems to be slowly dying down over time and I find myself more often just doing a quick Offline Bot match/ Single Player Challenge, I'm wondering if there's any chance of a future patch that would allow us to fully customize the offline counselor bots? Such as; being able to manually select which counselors that Jason goes up against, which costume/ skin/ clothing they wear, along with being able to adjust their stats and weapons.

For example; I think it would be really fun to go up against a group of 7 ultra-strong, aggressive Speedo-wearing Chad-bots who are armed with bats and machetes. Or perhaps duel against Vanessa in her Wonder Woman costume with double her max endurance and speed, or against Tiffany in her devil costume with double her stealth with maxed firecrackers and pocket knives. The idea is to allow the creation of unorthodox bot matches to spice up the challenge and fun factor. 

The beauty of this possibility is that it would be using already-existing assets, of course; no new content required. Access to bots options would just be opened at the match start-up screen rather than having them be randomly generated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dreamcastluvr said:

As the online scene seems to be slowly dying down over time and I find myself more often just doing a quick Offline Bot match/ Single Player Challenge, I'm wondering if there's any chance of a future patch that would allow us to fully customize the offline counselor bots? Such as; being able to manually select which counselors that Jason goes up against, which costume/ skin/ clothing they wear, along with being able to adjust their stats and weapons.

I’d love to be able to set the stage so to speak. 

One option I’d really like is to be able to set the bots to prefer, barracading/hiding, fighting/grouping up or focusing on a specific objective. The biggest problem with SPC’s is that they just run out of the map area. When making choices they always choose fleeing over staying in the camp, it prevents them from doing anything interesting. I really love the SPC maps but the bots are just to escape happy.

For Jason I’d like to be able to get rage but don’t have time or opportunity, let me start with it and set the recharge rate for Jason’s powers. I’d like to be able to use any power on demand sometimes, not like it hurts the bots to be playing against a truly unstoppable Jason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2019 at 1:34 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

I’d love to be able to set the stage so to speak. 

One option I’d really like is to be able to set the bots to prefer, barracading/hiding, fighting/grouping up or focusing on a specific objective. The biggest problem with SPC’s is that they just run out of the map area. When making choices they always choose fleeing over staying in the camp, it prevents them from doing anything interesting. I really love the SPC maps but the bots are just to escape happy.

For Jason I’d like to be able to get rage but don’t have time or opportunity, let me start with it and set the recharge rate for Jason’s powers. I’d like to be able to use any power on demand sometimes, not like it hurts the bots to be playing against a truly unstoppable Jason. 

It would be an interesting change to have more control over the atmosphere of offline bots. I can imagine the code for believable customized AI behavior would prove to be a challenge to write. That's probably the reason why we never got an offline counselor mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:13 PM, dreamcastluvr said:

Access to bots options would just be opened at the match start-up screen rather than having them be randomly generated. 

   I would love to see options like this too... more customization would be great... The same option to change up counselors that exists in multi player could be used in the lobby for offline bots... If it was approved as not being... new content.
   Choosing perk loadouts and the ability to use the unlockable or DLC clothing would be good too... All that would be needed here is for offline bots to use the counselors as you have them set up for going into multiplayer.
   A full lobby of A.J. s with sense avoidance perks would prove interesting as well.
 

4 hours ago, MortenMagnePal said:

Well I just played Hard mode offline bots at Jarvis and 3 counsellors had a phone fuse each wth is that about? On Xbox.

   I have never noticed this before... but it would seem to me that extra fuses could indeed make it more difficult on Jason... It is "hard" mode after all.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ahab said:

   I would love to see options like this too... more customization would be great... The same option to change up counselors that exists in multi player could be used in the lobby for offline bots... If it was approved as not being... new content.
   Choosing perk loadouts and the ability to use the unlockable or DLC clothing would be good too... All that would be needed here is for offline bots to use the counselors as you have them set up for going into multiplayer.
   A full lobby of A.J. s with sense avoidance perks would prove interesting as well.
 

   I have never noticed this before... but it would seem to me that extra fuses could indeed make it more difficult on Jason... It is "hard" mode after all.

Well I could understand the extra pocket knives but multiple phone fuses? I have not ever seen it before while playing offline bots it just seems a lazy way of making it a hard mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MortenMagnePal said:

Well I could understand the extra pocket knives but multiple phone fuses? I have not ever seen it before while playing offline bots it just seems a lazy way of making it a hard mode

   I think the extra pocket knives in offline bots are just frustrating myself, they do not make the game harder... it just prolongs the inevitable.

   Although I have not seen multiple fuses in offline bots (I also have not played offline bots in a while though)… I would think it could very well make it more difficult with multiple counselors holding a fuse, so long as they actually try to get the call off... and actually try to escape to the cops.
   It could be viewed as a lazy way to make it harder... or a quick way to make it harder... Programing the bots to actually be difficult is probably a lot more work and will take a lot longer than most of us think.
   I only really use offline bots for target practice with quick throws these days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...