Sign in to follow this  
dreamcastluvr

Customizable Offline Bots/ Single Player Mode

As the online scene seems to be slowly dying down over time and I find myself more often just doing a quick Offline Bot match/ Single Player Challenge, I'm wondering if there's any chance of a future patch that would allow us to fully customize the offline counselor bots? Such as; being able to manually select which counselors that Jason goes up against, which costume/ skin/ clothing they wear, along with being able to adjust their stats and weapons.

For example; I think it would be really fun to go up against a group of 7 ultra-strong, aggressive Speedo-wearing Chad-bots who are armed with bats and machetes. Or perhaps duel against Vanessa in her Wonder Woman costume with double her max endurance and speed, or against Tiffany in her devil costume with double her stealth with maxed firecrackers and pocket knives. The idea is to allow the creation of unorthodox bot matches to spice up the challenge and fun factor. 

The beauty of this possibility is that it would be using already-existing assets, of course; no new content required. Access to bots options would just be opened at the match start-up screen rather than having them be randomly generated. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dreamcastluvr said:

As the online scene seems to be slowly dying down over time and I find myself more often just doing a quick Offline Bot match/ Single Player Challenge, I'm wondering if there's any chance of a future patch that would allow us to fully customize the offline counselor bots? Such as; being able to manually select which counselors that Jason goes up against, which costume/ skin/ clothing they wear, along with being able to adjust their stats and weapons.

I’d love to be able to set the stage so to speak. 

One option I’d really like is to be able to set the bots to prefer, barracading/hiding, fighting/grouping up or focusing on a specific objective. The biggest problem with SPC’s is that they just run out of the map area. When making choices they always choose fleeing over staying in the camp, it prevents them from doing anything interesting. I really love the SPC maps but the bots are just to escape happy.

For Jason I’d like to be able to get rage but don’t have time or opportunity, let me start with it and set the recharge rate for Jason’s powers. I’d like to be able to use any power on demand sometimes, not like it hurts the bots to be playing against a truly unstoppable Jason. 

On 2/1/2019 at 1:34 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

I’d love to be able to set the stage so to speak. 

One option I’d really like is to be able to set the bots to prefer, barracading/hiding, fighting/grouping up or focusing on a specific objective. The biggest problem with SPC’s is that they just run out of the map area. When making choices they always choose fleeing over staying in the camp, it prevents them from doing anything interesting. I really love the SPC maps but the bots are just to escape happy.

For Jason I’d like to be able to get rage but don’t have time or opportunity, let me start with it and set the recharge rate for Jason’s powers. I’d like to be able to use any power on demand sometimes, not like it hurts the bots to be playing against a truly unstoppable Jason. 

It would be an interesting change to have more control over the atmosphere of offline bots. I can imagine the code for believable customized AI behavior would prove to be a challenge to write. That's probably the reason why we never got an offline counselor mode.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:13 PM, dreamcastluvr said:

Access to bots options would just be opened at the match start-up screen rather than having them be randomly generated. 

I would love to see options like this too... more customization would be great... The same option to change up counselors that exists in multi player could be used in the lobby for offline bots... If it was approved as not being... new content.
   Choosing perk loadouts and the ability to use the unlockable or DLC clothing would be good too... All that would be needed here is for offline bots to use the counselors as you have them set up for going into multiplayer.
   A full lobby of A.J. s with sense avoidance perks would prove interesting as well.

4 hours ago, MortenMagnePal said:

Well I just played Hard mode offline bots at Jarvis and 3 counsellors had a phone fuse each wth is that about? On Xbox.

I have never noticed this before... but it would seem to me that extra fuses could indeed make it more difficult on Jason... It is "hard" mode after all.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Ahab said:

I would love to see options like this too... more customization would be great... The same option to change up counselors that exists in multi player could be used in the lobby for offline bots... If it was approved as not being... new content.
   Choosing perk loadouts and the ability to use the unlockable or DLC clothing would be good too... All that would be needed here is for offline bots to use the counselors as you have them set up for going into multiplayer.
   A full lobby of A.J. s with sense avoidance perks would prove interesting as well.

I have never noticed this before... but it would seem to me that extra fuses could indeed make it more difficult on Jason... It is "hard" mode after all.

Well I could understand the extra pocket knives but multiple phone fuses? I have not ever seen it before while playing offline bots it just seems a lazy way of making it a hard mode

5 hours ago, MortenMagnePal said:

Well I could understand the extra pocket knives but multiple phone fuses? I have not ever seen it before while playing offline bots it just seems a lazy way of making it a hard mode

I think the extra pocket knives in offline bots are just frustrating myself, they do not make the game harder... it just prolongs the inevitable.

Although I have not seen multiple fuses in offline bots (I also have not played offline bots in a while though)… I would think it could very well make it more difficult with multiple counselors holding a fuse, so long as they actually try to get the call off... and actually try to escape to the cops.
   It could be viewed as a lazy way to make it harder... or a quick way to make it harder... Programing the bots to actually be difficult is probably a lot more work and will take a lot longer than most of us think.
   I only really use offline bots for target practice with quick throws these days.

• Like 1

Although it's been a hundred years since i've been on the forums, I still stand by what i've said all along...a multiplayer only game is doomed to die, unless it has a strong single player element that can be fondly remembered.  Something that keeps you coming back for more, and with random outcomes each time you do.  THAT defines long lasting, eagerly sought out, classic games.  If only the Ai bots could kill you as Jason, that would give the single player aspect credibility within the challenge, and boost the game to a higher replayability level.  Even if one of the counselors started with the sweater, or better yet, have ANY of the counselors be able to put you down with a lucky strike, and the right weapon. Putting your set-up bot counselors in play would also be a bonus, and would encourage perk farming, and costume unlocking, thus more play from the community.  These updates wouldn't be that hard to incorporate, as they are pretty much already there in MP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To me it only makes sense to let us at least pick the counselors and outfits they wear in bots mode. I mean I'm honestly very surprised that this hasn't happened yet.

On 5/13/2019 at 7:31 AM, Mark K said:

Although it's been a hundred years since i've been on the forums, I still stand by what i've said all along...a multiplayer only game is doomed to die, unless it has a strong single player element that can be fondly remembered.  Something that keeps you coming back for more, and with random outcomes each time you do.  THAT defines long lasting, eagerly sought out, classic games.  If only the Ai bots could kill you as Jason, that would give the single player aspect credibility within the challenge, and boost the game to a higher replayability level.  Even if one of the counselors started with the sweater, or better yet, have ANY of the counselors be able to put you down with a lucky strike, and the right weapon. Putting your set-up bot counselors in play would also be a bonus, and would encourage perk farming, and costume unlocking, thus more play from the community.  These updates wouldn't be that hard to incorporate, as they are pretty much already there in MP.

I agree about the multiplayer only issue, pubg will die a slow death, but games that allow good single player and or local split screen play can live on forever, me and my friends will all bust out 007 nightfire every now and then and have a blast with up to four people. I still play my silent hill games on my ps2, even the 360 ones, I have those odd evil dead games, probably nobody remembers, but I loved, super Mario on Nintendo will live on forever in all its revisions as it's a localized game.

I have every console before online networking was really a thing, I mean ps2 and gamecube could be altered for it, but it never took off. My NES is what 34 years old? It has several games I still love, zelda, metroid, Mario. But in 10 years all of our multiplayer games of today will be long dead unless continually worked on and ported to new consoles carrying progress over. I cannot believe WOW is still running, it died for me so many years ago I cant even remember, yet it's still running, and it's due to constant pricey updates and subscriptions that keep the pockets fat and the gamers happy

I'm glad they added single player challenges, these were great, a ton more would have been awesome, and even single player counselor challenges would be great, as well as offline counselor play, however I realize AI isnt at the point on xbox that it can really handle Jason play, even offline bots can be tricked very easily they jump in and out of windows, just move out of site a tad. Boom the jump out into your hands, the harder modes with pocket knives really just makes you just want to slash them.

No more new content will mean this game is remembered for the single player challenges more so than the bots, the challenges really put you in the game and were very well done, I'm glad we got these instead of Jason x or a spaceship map lol, maybe I'm old school but forget that, hell throw savini out, I'm a classic person, add forest green, add the house and dock map from part 7, those were real Jason maps, Jason x is the equivalent to critters in space lmao (critters IV)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AshTray900 said:

I agree about the multiplayer only issue, pubg will die a slow death, but games that allow good single player and or local split screen play can live on forever, me and my friends will all bust out 007 nightfire every now and then and have a blast with up to four people. I still play my silent hill games on my ps2, even the 360 ones, I have those odd evil dead games, probably nobody remembers, but I loved, super Mario on Nintendo will live on forever in all its revisions as it's a localized game.

I have every console before online networking was really a thing, I mean ps2 and gamecube could be altered for it, but it never took off. My NES is what 34 years old? It has several games I still love, zelda, metroid, Mario. But in 10 years all of our multiplayer games of today will be long dead unless continually worked on and ported to new consoles carrying progress over. I cannot believe WOW is still running, it died for me so many years ago I cant even remember, yet it's still running, and it's due to constant pricey updates and subscriptions that keep the pockets fat and the gamers happy

I'm glad they added single player challenges, these were great, a ton more would have been awesome, and even single player counselor challenges would be great, as well as offline counselor play, however I realize AI isnt at the point on xbox that it can really handle Jason play, even offline bots can be tricked very easily they jump in and out of windows, just move out of site a tad. Boom the jump out into your hands, the harder modes with pocket knives really just makes you just want to slash them.

No more new content will mean this game is remembered for the single player challenges more so than the bots, the challenges really put you in the game and were very well done, I'm glad we got these instead of Jason x or a spaceship map lol, maybe I'm old school but forget that, hell throw savini out, I'm a classic person, add forest green, add the house and dock map from part 7, those were real Jason maps, Jason x is the equivalent to critters in space lmao (critters IV)

I couldn't agree more, I was gaming when pong was attached to the set lol!  Bringing this game into the light a little better, simply requires more single-player tweaking. Without breaking the bank, adding new content, or making the boss angry, adding more survivable a.i. code to the counselors could make a world of difference.  Randomizing the strikes periphreal to better damage sets against you, as Jason.  First the mask comes off, say in 3 to 8 hits (variable), then another random to allow the cut scene to activate, putting Jason down.  This would make stalk much more tangible, and provide a good challenge.  Give Tommy a slight edge in his strikes, and make the death scene only trigger with an axe or machete weilding bot.  Pamelas sweater could be used as well, but someone would have to actually go for it, or spawn with it on. I find myself playing older games often as well, because they were simply more entertaining on long nights, and rainy days. :)  However, this game still has the makings of greatness, given small randomized changes and finishing touch-ups like the counselor set-up options and actually having to play Jason with a little caution.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mark K said:

I couldn't agree more, I was gaming when pong was attached to the set lol!  Bringing this game into the light a little better, simply requires more single-player tweaking. Without breaking the bank, adding new content, or making the boss angry, adding more survivable a.i. code to the counselors could make a world of difference.  Randomizing the strikes periphreal to better damage sets against you, as Jason.  First the mask comes off, say in 3 to 8 hits (variable), then another random to allow the cut scene to activate, putting Jason down.  This would make stalk much more tangible, and provide a good challenge.  Give Tommy a slight edge in his strikes, and make the death scene only trigger with an axe or machete weilding bot.  Pamelas sweater could be used as well, but someone would have to actually go for it, or spawn with it on. I find myself playing older games often as well, because they were simply more entertaining on long nights, and rainy days. :)  However, this game still has the makings of greatness, given small randomized changes and finishing touch-ups like the counselor set-up options and actually having to play Jason with a little caution.

This game concept is phenomenal , truely unique and brilliant. My hope is the last patch gets it all working well, and allows local lan communication so even when Xbox one is a thing of the past we could find a way to play on the same local network with several xboxes and have “block parties” where I run cat 6 into yard and everyone puts their system on tables and linked together.

you know it may not even be possible, we have yet to see Microsoft or Sony completely take down the network backbone to a console yet, ps3 and Xbox 360 still work fine. Assuming they do sometime pull the network offline when it’s ancient they patch it one last time to remove the graphics that need connectivity and turn off gold requirement and let them communicate peer to peer, this I think is a pipe dream, however on pc anything can be done like that since people can easily and are willling to hack code and make old games function again, so a lot of our games may actually have to be pirated when no physical copy was purchased or rip the disk to iso for emulation.

i can play all my ps4 and GameCube games on pc with emulation, I ripped the disks to iso and got the software and bios file etc works a lot better than using the actual ps2 to the tv since pc can upscale much better. I don’t see it being that hard to crack the game and run a dummy server on your pc for you and your friends to connect to.

the world of pc game emulation is great, I can still run windows 3.1 and dos, play games designed for 286 and 386 machines etc.

now the hope is Microsoft does not turn the windows operating system into something like Mac OS, but if so that will give the Linux community and tremendous boost making it more reliable and user friendly.

14 hours ago, Mark K said:

Oh BTW I love your escape from New York icon!

Thank you, all, for the replies.  I was on board with this game from the on-set, from very early in production, and talked to the devs quite a bit.  I suggested this, in passing, years ago.  I also suggested an end game cut-scene with the paramedics and police hauling away bodies, and the Blairstown Gazette showing the stats for that particular match, both on and offline, Sp & Mp.  It's the finishing touches this game needs, that last little bit of effort that says "Yeah, we did pretty good as an 80's horror game, inspired by our love and the love from the fans." "Now it will live on, many years down the road." Honestly, to me, it still feels like an unfinished game, after what? 4 or 5 years!  It's soo close to being done, extra content aside, just finishing touch-ups to what is already there. Especially the challenge of actually being killed as Jason, if played haphazardly.  Just my two cents, thanks again horrorhounds! ;)

1 hour ago, Mark K said:

I also suggested an end game cut-scene with the paramedics and police hauling away bodies, and the Blairstown Gazette showing the stats for that particular match, both on and offline, Sp & Mp.

Both are cool ideas. I would have like to see them.

I mean I still do not understand why the offline does not use the settings / perks / clothing you have setup for you counselors for online play? Why the intro does not use the counselor models that have joined the game instead of the default ones? Would that be so hard to implement?

On 5/13/2019 at 7:31 AM, Mark K said:

i agree.I tend to only play the offline modes,and i thought an option to start the game offline in bots mode,with Jason's mask off,would be neat.I like the idea about one of the counselors starting with the sweater,that sounds fun.

On 2/1/2019 at 1:13 PM, dreamcastluvr said:

For example; I think it would be really fun to go up against a group of 7 ultra-strong, aggressive Speedo-wearing Chad-bots who are armed with bats and machetes. Or perhaps duel against Vanessa in her Wonder Woman costume with double her max endurance and speed, or against Tiffany in her devil costume with double her stealth with maxed firecrackers and pocket knives. The idea is to allow the creation of unorthodox bot matches to spice up the challenge and fun factor. 

The beauty of this possibility is that it would be using already-existing assets, of course; no new content required. Access to bots options would just be opened at the match start-up screen rather than having them be randomly generated. 

Now that sounds amazing.