Jump to content
Vince285

Patch is bad - negative review score

Recommended Posts

It is possible to kill Jason in rage now.The recent patch fixed it. I just watched a YouTube video of it being done. They did take the shotgun element out of the process though. It's the normal way to kill him. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2019 at 11:37 AM, OCT 31 1978 said:

This will be the new meta Jason will need more buffs at the beginning of match gameplay to combat frequent early escapes.....

stalk first instead of sense and  more traps or ability to reset traps will be detrimental to getting early kills.

Jason being able to reset traps is overkill. Just imagine part 2 Jason being able to reset all his traps. Good luck surviving because it’s not happening! And In the beginning of the match Jason should be focused on trapping objectives. If they don’t then that’s exactly how people get early escapes. That’s the players fault. That doesn’t mean Jason needs this ridiculous buff. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Jason being able to reset traps is overkill. Just imagine part 2 Jason being able to reset all his traps. Good luck surviving because it’s not happening!

I did say i think stalk should unlock before sense OR more traps OR Jason should be able to reset them

( I really want that stalk option more.)

But I agree just giving part 2 a reset ability would be over kill....

....but I did rethink this and there are ways around it ....if they were to give him this ability....

I think the max number should be 5 traps with the ability to reset them. 

And neutral traps would be 4 with the ability to reset them 

Negative traps would be 3 with the ability to reset them.

keep playing the new patch I am loving it so far!!

I am seeing a lot of coordination from counselors with several objectives getting done as you are protecting others... which is a good thing !!!

the reset trap ability would give you a little more time to deal with other objectives as counselors set off the traps.

I don’t think this needs implemented now but I do feel eventually.....as we all improve with the changes to gameplay and Since tanking traps is still no big deal for counselors running thick skin and medic....I think this  may be a welcome change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Jason being able to reset traps is overkill. Just imagine part 2 Jason being able to reset all his traps. Good luck surviving because it’s not happening! And In the beginning of the match Jason should be focused on trapping objectives. If they don’t then that’s exactly how people get early escapes. That’s the players fault. That doesn’t mean Jason needs this ridiculous buff. 

atleast give Jason the option to remove broken one and use remaining traps on same spot

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

atleast give Jason the option to remove broken one and use remaining traps on same spot

Facts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i honestly dont think this is enough actually, i've still killed plenty jasons even after he gets rage mode. imo he still needs adjustments to make him harder to kill

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, shady said:

i honestly dont think this is enough actually, i've still killed plenty jasons even after he gets rage mode. imo he still needs adjustments to make him harder to kill

 

Matt confirmed more changes are planned but we’re walking through them slowly, so players can adapt and give feedback. No eta but it’s great news regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sock puppetry is really getting out of hand. We are supposed to believe that a hundred players “who’ve been playing since day 1” or “been playing for years” suddenly joined the forum just to complain about this one patch? If you’re all such big, longtime players why are you just now joining the forum almost 2 years after the games been out? I’m sorry but F13th isn’t that go-to game anymore and there hasn’t been any buzz or hype since the PS+ reveal to rush people here. I guarantee there are just a handful of guys making several accounts so they can bitch. Not to mention counselor mains that like to dance and troll Jason in Halloween costumes represent the largest group of players complaining and your complaints have no merit so good luck with that. I see you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Matt confirmed more changes are planned but we’re walking through them slowly, so players can adapt and give feedback. No eta but it’s great news regardless.

It's good to know there's always room for improvement.

15 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

The sock puppetry is really getting out of hand. We are supposed to believe that a hundred players “who’ve been playing since day 1” or “been playing for years” suddenly joined the forum just to complain about this one patch? If you’re all such big, longtime players why are you just now joining the forum almost 2 years after the games been out? I’m sorry but F13th isn’t that go-to game anymore and there hasn’t been any buzz or hype since the PS+ reveal to rush people here. I guarantee there are just a handful of guys making several accounts so they can bitch. Not to mention counselor mains that like to dance and troll Jason in Halloween costumes represent the largest group of players complaining and your complaints have no merit so good luck with that. I see you.

I wouldn't bet against you on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I wouldn't bet against you on that one.

Me neither.

As for the other thing, I’m expecting a good chunk of that feedback to get discussed tonight. Can’t think of anything specific I want them to address but I have a feeling, what they do address won’t make our new members happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Me neither.

As for the other thing, I’m expecting a good chunk of that feedback to get discussed tonight. Can’t think of anything specific I want them to address but I have a feeling, what they do address won’t make our new members happy. 

Whatever decisions the developers make, I respect their call.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 6:54 PM, shady said:

i honestly dont think this is enough actually, i've still killed plenty jasons even after he gets rage mode. imo he still needs adjustments to make him harder to kill

 

Yes he does need to be made harder to kill. His mask can come off too easily. And people be thinking they’re hard for taking his mask off when there’s a group of 5 people around him lol..... it’s more cool if you de mask him alone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 5:30 PM, pioneer67fkd said:

atleast give Jason the option to remove broken one and use remaining traps on same spot

This is a great idea. Would love if they implemented this into the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2019 at 2:07 PM, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Jason dies and gets the shit kicked out of him at the end of every movie. The counselors even let him get drowned in the first movie. Using the movies to try to defend a non-combat nature of the game is just plain laughable. Even at the end of part 5 with Roy, Reggie and Pam weapon up to kill the bastard. To me, people defending the overkill of the patch are just plain trash Jasons. They needed viable game play taken away so they could compete without having to learn how to defend themselves. They call hitting Jason from around corners "cheap" even though it literally happens in the movies. It's just a waste of time talking about it here. The official Reddit forum for F13 has more mature and balanced discussions going on, which is a shame that it can't be done here.

I 100% agree about the game. If players knew how to play as Jason you didn't need a buff. I personally wouldn't brag if you get 8/8 now! It literally takes no skill.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I 100% agree about the game. If players knew how to play as Jason you didn't need a buff. I personally wouldn't brag if you get 8/8 now! It literally takes no skill.  

I can’t think of anyone bragging about their kill ratio. If anything the people who have praised the patch, have commented on more people escaping. Which has certainly been my experience, when Counselors pressure objectives at least. 

If you want to play a game we’re you fight the killer for the whole match, it sounds like Last Year might be the game for you. 

It isn’t easy to survive the night, that takes skill now. If you’re really up for the challenge try that instead of fighting him. It seems like you want easy mode for the Counselors and are basically saying Jason has it now, this just isn’t true.

If Counselors pressure objectives there’s very little Jason can do to stop some of them from escaping. I just don’t understand why you think you have to fight him to win? Or why he should be weak enough for 1v1, when the game is 7v1 and the goal is to survive.

 

Why don’t you find some friends to play with and one of you can be Jason and you can do what you used to do, just to someone who consents to being your punching bag.... wait no players want to get piñata’d, your friends don’t like having to pretend to be stunned so you can get your jolly’s? Would you be my Jason so I can hit you over and over again, don’t worry as soon as you get rage, I can quit and we’ll do it again?

Do you see how ludicrous your want is?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I 100% agree about the game. If players knew how to play as Jason you didn't need a buff. I personally wouldn't brag if you get 8/8 now! It literally takes no skill.  

People used to say that before the patch and still thought it was a good idea to make him unstunnable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I 100% agree about the game. If players knew how to play as Jason you didn't need a buff. I personally wouldn't brag if you get 8/8 now! It literally takes no skill.  

Some people brag because it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. I guess whatever helps them sleep at night.

3 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I can’t think of anyone bragging about their kill ratio. If anything the people who have praised the patch, have commented on more people escaping. Which has certainly been my experience, when Counselors pressure objectives at least. 

If you want to play a game we’re you fight the killer for the whole match, it sounds like Last Year might be the game for you.

Why don’t you find some friends to play with and one of you can be Jason and you can do what you used to do, just to someone who consents to being your punching bag.... wait no players want to get piñata’d, your friends don’t like having to pretend to be stunned so you can get your jolly’s? Would you be my Jason so I can hit you over and over again, don’t worry as soon as you get rage, I can quit and we’ll do it again?

I'm personally enjoying Last Year. It's a nice alternative to enjoy on occasion.

If people start volunteering to be a punching bag Jason for those that miss it, we'll have to compensate them with a pizza and a six-pack each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

If people start volunteering to be a punching bad Jason for those that miss it, we'll have to compensate them with a pizza and a six-pack each.

That’s reasonable, I don’t think they’ll find many takers though. 

Last Year looks interesting, I’ll certainly be giving it a shot when it releases on console. I don’t think it has the potential as Friday but as it’s own thing it has merit, interesting mechanics and strategy. More like blitz chess then regular chess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I can’t think of anyone bragging about their kill ratio. If anything the people who have praised the patch, have commented on more people escaping. Which has certainly been my experience, when Counselors pressure objectives at least. 

If you want to play a game we’re you fight the killer for the whole match, it sounds like Last Year might be the game for you. 

It isn’t easy to survive the night, that takes skill now. If you’re really up for the challenge try that instead of fighting him. It seems like you want easy mode for the Counselors and are basically saying Jason has it now, this just isn’t true.

If Counselors pressure objectives there’s very little Jason can do to stop some of them from escaping. I just don’t understand why you think you have to fight him to win? Or why he should be weak enough for 1v1, when the game is 7v1 and the goal is to survive.

 

Why don’t you find some friends to play with and one of you can be Jason and you can do what you used to do, just to someone who consents to being your punching bag.... wait no players want to get piñata’d, your friends don’t like having to pretend to be stunned so you can get your jolly’s? Would you be my Jason so I can hit you over and over again, don’t worry as soon as you get rage, I can quit and we’ll do it again?

Do you see how ludicrous your want is?

I say this as a Jason player too. My point isn't only relating to counselor. I've had to change how i play twice now since the last two game changing patches.  Now i get buffed playing as Jason, some players who adapted will agree, Jason didn't need a buff. Now counselors are being nerfed combat, and weapons, are useless!  If you could turn on and off the rage mode buff that would allow players to play the game as they like. Custom match types would be the solution. I do want to say one thing i do like about the patch being able to hit multiple counselors is nice! I agree 100% with that call. Jason wasn't a punching bag when i played as him btw! 

You seem to take exception to what i say when it wasn't directed at you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 5:30 PM, pioneer67fkd said:

atleast give Jason the option to remove broken one and use remaining traps on same spot

I get accused of being a counselor main but, i totally agree Jason should be able to lay his trap in the exact place he wants it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

 

 

It isn’t easy to survive the night, that takes skill now. If you’re really up for the challenge try that instead of fighting him. It seems like you want easy mode for the Counselors and are basically saying Jason has it now, this just isn’t true.

 

 

Do you see how ludicrous your want is?

My point exactly! I didn't need a buff as Jason i had to get skill to continue to play and it isn't fair to tell a counselor to get better or get skill when half of the reason this patch is even out is Jason mains complained it's too hard to play as Jason. If were going by skill of a player, i've never heard of any player giving up until it's made easier to play then all of the sudden it's a miracle! they got skill. I'm not being harsh nor is my comments  directed at anyone on the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vanessaismymain said:

Jason mains complained it's too hard to play as Jason

I don’t know what a Jason main is? I know people who main a specific Jason, I main Savini currently but as for just a Jason main that makes no sense as everyone plays Counselors most of the time. 

I can’t think of anyone complaining it’s too hard but the new members. People did complain that that the mechanics of the grab could be exploited to keep Jason essentially useless. There’s actually a whole 30 some odd page thread about buffing Jason that was basically ignored in favour for the stun immunity in rage. The only thing from that thread that was added to Jason, was the ability to hit multiple Counselors. 

The Pubs/Devs chose to put an end to the piñata parties, that’s it. If you want to win, escape. If that’s not exciting, save people who can’t save themselves. Endless repeating you can’t do the thing you used to do isn’t constructive. Make legitimate suggestions to improve the balance or game play instead and no I don’t consider making it an on/off feature a legitimate solution. Then trolls will just kite till it’s gone and then troll some more. 

I don’t take any more exception to you, than anyone else making false claims or simply being a nuisance by saying things like weapons don’t work. Clearly they do as people are killing Jason just fine, what they’re not doing is trolling him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets start banning counselors for escaping and buff Jason even more! Lets take away one of the vehicles too. The fuse that's gotta go also, no calling the cops. I think Jason should be able to hit the door one time with a weapon and door falls down.  I think a counselor shouldn't be able to run either counselors should just wait in a cabin respectively let Jason kill em all! I know my opinion means squat here but, it's ridiculous that Jason players would want an easy victory. I'm not here saying buff the counselors either. People having combat taken half match because of assholes shouldn't punish a player who is simply trying to survive. The dancing was a dlc so you can't be mad at a player for using something in game that they bought. I don't like the dancing, it pissed me off like any other player. I see all aspects not just my own.  There should be a way to lock weapons when counselors try to gang up on Jason that way singular combat would still be useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

Lets start banning counselors for escaping and buff Jason even more! Lets take away one of the vehicles too. The fuse that's gotta go also, no calling the cops. I think Jason should be able to hit the door one time with a weapon and door falls down.  I think a counselor shouldn't be able to run either counselors should just wait in a cabin respectively let Jason kill em all! I know my opinion means squat here but, it's ridiculous that Jason players would want an easy victory. I'm not here saying buff the counselors either. People having combat taken half match because of assholes shouldn't punish a player who is simply trying to survive. The dancing was a dlc so you can't be mad at a player for using something in game that they bought. I don't like the dancing, it pissed me off like any other player. I see all aspects not just my own.  There should be a way to lock weapons when counselors try to gang up on Jason that way singular combat would still be useful.

I agree 100%

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I don’t know what a Jason main is? I know people who main a specific Jason, I main Savini currently but as for just a Jason main that makes no sense as everyone plays Counselors most of the time. 

I can’t think of anyone complaining it’s too hard but the new members. People did complain that that the mechanics of the grab could be exploited to keep Jason essentially useless. There’s actually a whole 30 some odd page thread about buffing Jason that was basically ignored in favour for the stun immunity in rage. The only thing from that thread that was added to Jason, was the ability to hit multiple Counselors. 

The Pubs/Devs chose to put an end to the piñata parties, that’s it. If you want to win, escape. If that’s not exciting, save people who can’t save themselves. Endless repeating you can’t do the thing you used to do isn’t constructive. Make legitimate suggestions to improve the balance or game play instead and no I don’t consider making it an on/off feature a legitimate solution. Then trolls will just kite till it’s gone and then troll some more. 

I don’t take any more exception to you, than anyone else making false claims or simply being a nuisance by saying things like weapons don’t work. Clearly they do as people are killing Jason just fine, what they’re not doing is trolling him. 

I apologize if i come off as being a nuisance for giving my opinion. Basically, what you're telling me and other players we can't have custom games because people would troll? I don't mind letting a counselor give me a fight especially at the end. "Combat half match sorry should've clarified" has been taken away also because of trolls!  I think custom matches is the way to go!  I'm not a troll simply because i like more aspects of this game than players who just want to be Jason and feel he should be unstoppable. I like clearing a room of counselors like the next guy but if everyone becomes good at playing Jason where's the challenge in that?  Turning on and off this Jason buff isn't a way to troll, it simply is a way to make it more challenging as Jason. It'll never happen anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...