Vince285

Patch is bad - negative review score

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

That was a long time coming. It's good that we finally got it.

Well they didn't help that a whole hell of a lot actually. But it's a good start...

Just now, Somethin Cool said:

Well they didn't help that a whole hell of a lot actually. But it's a good start...

This patch is more of a work in progress. We're getting there though.

I dislike this patch as well. I mean, don't get me wrong I'm a full-on supporter of making Jason more 'OP', but this isn't it. I don't get how being indestructible could even be fun for Jason players? I feel like they should have all just met in between somewhere, and instead made Jason harder to stun instead of unable to stun. Or gave him more traps and throwing knives. or made him do more damage or something! You guys have to realize that Jason already /was/ OP if you played him correctly, I have seen so many Jason players take entire lobbies out in minutes PRIOR to this patch. Now this game just seems no fun to me. Plus this did nothing for helping us with teamers. The least they could have done was make it so firecrackers and flare guns still stunned him, something as simple as that would have kept me in the game. Not even to mention, characters like Deborah and Mitch are basically useless. They have no stamina or speed, at least not enough to survive from Jason in the last 10 minutes. Prior to this, they had a fighting chance- now if you want to survive you must play characters like Vanessa or Buggzy. Basically, what I'm saying is that I personally wish they had found a better way to make Jason more OP, where we could still defend ourselves. 

• Like 2

Jason has one job to kill the counselors. The counselors have many they need to escape, or kill Jason and have the bonus of other players doing nothing, not knowing what to do or they are working with Jason because they are friends or just being trolls and trying to sabotage the counselors from killing Jason and trying to survive on your own towards the end is just not viable anymore if you can't stun him unless you have a rifle! Counselors don't get an extra perk after a certain amount of time! Maybe let the last counselor have a free perk? Like if they are speedy already but they suck at repair maybe let their repair go up by 5 or if they are a slow character have a little more stamina regeneration? Either way I've deleted this game along with my friends. Thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@gray, you raise a number of interesting points.

Teamers are an entirely separate issue from this patch. Outside of changing lobbies after encountering them, there's not much else you can do. Some people run them over in a match. I don't encourage it, but I understand why it's being done.

If Jason had been given extra knives and traps, and nothing else, we would still have people saying Jason is weak, and the arguments here would be in the other direction. Jason being bullied by a team of coordinated counselors was never meant to be a thing. It became a thing and went on for so long, that people wanted a change. We got a change that's not sitting well with a lot of people, and may likely be adjusted to find middle ground.

In the same way you mentioned playing Jason "correctly" is a thing, playing counselors and surviving is also a thing. Survival rates by counselor seem to vary, but there are people who have shared stories of survival. I know a lot of people are used to stunning Jason for some stamina. There are other ways to regain stamina as well.

A lot of people have voiced concerns about the flare gun and firecrackers. Making an adjustment there might appease some of the people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

@gray, you raise a number of interesting points.

Teamers are an entirely separate issue from this patch. Outside of changing lobbies after encountering them, there's not much else you can do. Some people run them over in a match. I don't encourage it, but I understand why it's being done.

If Jason had been given extra knives and traps, and nothing else, we would still have people saying Jason is weak, and the arguments here would be in the other direction. Jason being bullied by a team of coordinated counselors was never meant to be a thing. It became a thing and went on for so long, that people wanted a change. We got a change that's not sitting well with a lot of people, and may likely be adjusted to find middle ground.

In the same way you mentioned playing Jason "correctly" is a thing, playing counselors and surviving is also a thing. Survival rates by counselor seem to vary, but there are people who have shared stories of survival. I know a lot of people are used to stunning Jason for some stamina. There are other ways to regain stamina as well.

A lot of people have voiced concerns about the flare gun and firecrackers. Making an adjustment there might appease some of the people.

Okay, you have made a few points. But Jason does have a block button. If hes teamed, all he has to do is block and wait for their weapons to break. Weapons are very limited in this game?

10 minutes ago, gray said:

Okay, you have made a few points. But Jason does have a block button. If hes teamed, all he has to do is block and wait for their weapons to break. Weapons are very limited in this game?

Depending on his ping if he's in QP

11 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Depending on his ping if he's in QP

But even with high ping blocking is still and option lol Believe it or not there are some one track minded counselors who’ll just hit at your guard hopelessly 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShinigamiPride said:

But even with high ping blocking is still and option lol Believe it or not there are some one track minded counselors who’ll just hit at your guard hopelessly 

True. QP is full of potatoes...

16 hours ago, camp_voorhees said:

Right now they either work together get shit done or die just the way it should be.

That reminds me; has anyone else noticed a MASSIVE increase in counselor coordination since the patch? Whenever I'm Jason it seems like they hauled major ass to complete objectives as fast as possible. 

8 hours ago, gray said:

Deborah and Mitch are basically useless

Really? I main Deborah.Post patch first match pocket knifed the trap on the phone,repaired it,call  the police,escaped didn't hit Jason one time.

20 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

@Vince285 thanks for your post! I appreciate the sprinkle of light-hearted humor you placed throughout.

However it sounds you have the original intent of the game wrong. Jason is supposed to be the star here. He is supposed to strike fear into the counselors. It isnt supposed to be "chase down the killer and beat him up". 

It sounds like you want to play a dance simulation where 7 people gang up on one player.

You point out Jason has 4 abilities, but really, he has two attacks. Grab or swing buddy.

You are also neglecting 7 counselors times 3 perks each times weapons on map times items in slots. 

I think firecrackers and flareguns should still stun Jason in rage mode, and something should be put in place to assist counselors in regaining stamina after rage mode, other than standing still against a raging, near-immortal maniac. 

Patches in the past have introduced several bugs and made the game near unplayable. However this one did not introduce half as many bugs as it took out. So the game is very playable, just not to your liking of lynch mobbing Jason and taunting a serial killer, which was never the intent on the game. In actuality, its players like you that are the reason for this patch. So thanks! Jason finally got a buff that starts halfway through the match. By that point, the match is fairly decided. Either counselors pushed objectives, or ran around with objective items and hurt the chances of other survivors escaping. 

Maybe its just time to change your playstyle and get used to running, pr fixing objectives to help teammates. Run next to them and help them repair objectives if you want. Just know your hits to Jason only increase his rage and make it harder for everyone else, if indeed you are caring about other players and them escaping that is.

There is nothing in this comment I don't like.

You said it all. Now, when Jason walks through a barricaded door, slamming him in the face with a bat won't do anything.

The main goal was ALWAYS supposed to be to AVOID Jason. Hide, run, evade. Fighting was only a last ditch effort that would usually get you killed anyway.

Kudos to the new crew for remembering that F13 is about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

That reminds me; has anyone else noticed a MASSIVE increase in counselor coordination since the patch? Whenever I'm Jason it seems like they hauled major ass to complete objectives as fast as possible. 

That's because they have to now. Jason can't be "epic owned" by just two counselors now and if Jason is in rage, he can just start swinging. Pocket knives don't stop a swinging Jason in Rage.

Now, just like in the films, you got that final act going, Jason is furious and he's not only walking through walls but one shotting everyone.

YHMXwIK.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Really? I main Deborah.Post patch first match pocket knifed the trap on the phone,repaired it,call  the police,escaped didn't hit Jason one time.

I mean in the last 10 minutes. She can not survive the night. And struggles to make it to police if others escape.

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

This will be the new meta Jason will need more buffs at the beginning of match gameplay to combat frequent early escapes.....

stalk first instead of sense and  more traps or ability to reset traps will be detrimental to getting early kills.

5 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

This will be the new meta Jason will need more buffs at the beginning of match gameplay to combat frequent early escapes.....

stalk first instead of sense and  more traps or ability to reset traps will be detrimental to getting early kills.

If a counselors escape early that's Jason's fault not the counselors. I have a video on my YouTube channel of me and a bugsy escaping 2 minutes into the match because Jason neglected to trap the car. If you don't police the objectives you don't have a right to complain when people get an easy escape.

18 hours ago, gray said:

I'm a full-on supporter of making Jason more 'OP

Jason never needed a buff, at least not from a gaming perspective. And they didn't buff him for the people who play this game either. They buffed him for literally Jason (the character) because they felt the character of Jason was being made into a mockery, by "bullies," so they made him noob proof. 

10 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

has anyone else noticed a MASSIVE increase in counselor coordination since the patch? Whenever I'm Jason it seems like they hauled major ass to complete objectives as fast as possible. 

Actually, no. There hasn't been very much coordination at all. Its like I'm playing with a bunch of randoms.

49 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If a counselors escape early that's Jason's fault not the counselors. I have a video on my YouTube channel of me and a bugsy escaping 2 minutes into the match because Jason neglected to trap the car. If you don't police the objectives you don't have a right to complain when people get an easy escape.

Agreed, my point is Jason can’t protect all objectives at once with the increase in coordination that I am seeing Jason will eventually need the ability to reset a trap or give him stalk earlier in the match to sneak up to counselors making repairs...

5 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Agreed, my point is Jason can’t protect all objectives at once with the increase in coordination that I am seeing Jason will eventually need the ability to reset a trap or give him stalk earlier in the match to sneak up to counselors making repairs...

Increase in coordination? What game are you playing? Does Jason need another buff already? Better be careful, you might overdose him.

30 minutes ago, prodigy5 said:

Increase in coordination? What game are you playing? Does Jason need another buff already? Better be careful, you might overdose him.

Not already but yes eventually.....the writing is on the wall and the 11 matches I have played today have been very aggressively coordinated in objective completion.....😃 I was repairing objectives looked at the map and guess what so was everyone else !!! I was enjoying every minute of it.

I am not upset at all I am definitely enjoying gameplay for both sides right now !! 

55 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Not already but yes eventually.....the writing is on the wall and the 11 matches I have played today have been very aggressively coordinated in objective completion.....😃 I was repairing objectives looked at the map and guess what so was everyone else !!! I was enjoying every minute of it.

I am not upset at all I am definitely enjoying gameplay for both sides right now !! 

I feel the same way. It's nice to be part of a team that's actually working together to do more than just try and kill Jason.

• Like 1

I also have noticed people getting objectives done instead of ganging up to beat up Jason.I never did participate in any of that.I had a match post patch that I knocked out the Tommy box first morph and trapped it.Trapped everything else.Sneaky  bastards actually used their pocket knives on the traps at both cars and had both going while I was chasing and killing another player.I use a -shift Jason and they were good drivers and 3 people escaped. Pre patch  you'd hardly see anyone use their pocket knives to disarm traps,they'd just tank them knowing they could just beat up Jason when he came to check.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:21 PM, DontZzz34 said:

Demasking Jason right away and hoping Tommy comes in asap and getting sweater and killing Jason before rage.

We aren't aloud to do that anymore. It's "bullying!" Now you must escape because Jason is very sensitive about how we treat him. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I also have noticed people getting objectives done instead of ganging up to beat up Jason.I never did participate in any of that.I had a match post patch that I knocked out the Tommy box first morph and trapped it.Trapped everything else.Sneaky  bastards actually used their pocket knives on the traps at both cars and had both going while I was chasing and killing another player.I use a -shift Jason and they were good drivers and 3 people escaped. Pre patch  you'd hardly see anyone use their pocket knives to disarm traps,they'd just tank them knowing they could just beat up Jason when he came to check.

It's nice to see the rise in coordination.