Vince285

Patch is bad - negative review score

Hey there I just want to say I had a lot of fun playing the game up until the patch. Like many people I too think that making Jason invincible when he is in rage is unnecessary. Whacking Jason on the head was essential to staying alive especially if you are the last survivor and you can't do that anymore making weapons useless in the later half of the game. I don't think this is the intent of the original game because the weapons were all graded with durability, stun chance, and weapon damage so you technically rendered them useless now. As to the Jason pinata it was fun, we had a lot of laughs, we danced in the night (some of us barely having any clothes), and we had a blast. I have to say it was one of the most fun to be had with this game as people cranked up their music and we partied like it was 1989. Having said that those matches were few are far in between only occurring in one out of every ten matches, even less at times. It was one of those tropes that happens in video games that somehow made it even more popular with people as they upload YouTube videos and just generally have a good time.

I feel that because of the new patch the score should be lowered for this game because it no longer supports counselors as a playable option especially in the later half of the game. I would search drawers and cabinets for med sprays and pocket knives but they always turn up empty so playing as a counselor feels incomplete and lack luster at times. It was always fun trying to repair the car or boat and getting away from Jason with the many stats available to players but I feel that there should be something more than just searching empty drawers. As to people saying counselors are going toe to toe with Jason, Jason has an infinite health pool, four abilities plus rage, and a grab ability while counselors only have an attack button. Needless to say that they were probably trolled and are in rage mode on the forums (and since you can't stun them anymore they are going all out).

Again thanks for making a truly great game though I won't be playing it with this current patch, the game is literally broken right now. In terms of video game movies everything about it feels really good except for the constant searching of empty drawers. It would have been a 6.9/10 (because counselors don't find anything when searching cabinets) but with this new patch I'd say it is a 6/10 because counselors are no longer playable in the later half of the game with instant grabs/kills when trying to free teammates during rage, weapons rendered useless during rage, and a major bug that doesn't allow you to kill Jason. I mean the dude has only died so so many times in the movies and it was near the end of it so how do you explain that?

Again I had a blast playing this game up until patch whether it was protecting my teammates (with weapons) as they try to escape or repair, to surviving as the last girl as you hope to see the light of day, to the once in a while party bash (that might get out of hand as people die), to finally playing as Jason the mass murderer in Friday the 13th. It was all good fun until the patch and it is my hopes that they will get the silly no stun rage mode out of the game soon and hopefully implement something more than the empty drawers as well as make counselors more viable as a player option.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@Vince285 thanks for your post! I appreciate the sprinkle of light-hearted humor you placed throughout.

However it sounds you have the original intent of the game wrong. Jason is supposed to be the star here. He is supposed to strike fear into the counselors. It isnt supposed to be "chase down the killer and beat him up". 

It sounds like you want to play a dance simulation where 7 people gang up on one player.

You point out Jason has 4 abilities, but really, he has two attacks. Grab or swing buddy.

You are also neglecting 7 counselors times 3 perks each times weapons on map times items in slots. 

I think firecrackers and flareguns should still stun Jason in rage mode, and something should be put in place to assist counselors in regaining stamina after rage mode, other than standing still against a raging, near-immortal maniac. 

Patches in the past have introduced several bugs and made the game near unplayable. However this one did not introduce half as many bugs as it took out. So the game is very playable, just not to your liking of lynch mobbing Jason and taunting a serial killer, which was never the intent on the game. In actuality, its players like you that are the reason for this patch. So thanks! Jason finally got a buff that starts halfway through the match. By that point, the match is fairly decided. Either counselors pushed objectives, or ran around with objective items and hurt the chances of other survivors escaping. 

Maybe its just time to change your playstyle and get used to running, pr fixing objectives to help teammates. Run next to them and help them repair objectives if you want. Just know your hits to Jason only increase his rage and make it harder for everyone else, if indeed you are caring about other players and them escaping that is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I dunno Jason already has enough tools at his disposal like throwing knives as well as traps and the game is already largely in favour of Jason. I read in another topic that someone mentioned "was getting stun-locked and tea bagged also in the movies?" and I honestly think he just got owned. Also there was a lot of fun to be had when people grouped up to try to stay alive because that is a viable play style and there is a party pack dlc so don't be so fussy if someone knocks you over and dances, it's part of the game.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Vince285 said:

I dunno Jason already has enough tools at his disposal like throwing knives as well as traps and the game is already largely in favour of Jason. I read in another topic that someone mentioned "was getting stun-locked and tea bagged also in the movies?" and I honestly think he just got owned. Also there was a lot of fun to be had when people grouped up to try to stay alive because that is a viable play style and there is a party pack dlc so don't be so fussy if someone knocks you over and dances, it's part of the game.

Jason dies and gets the shit kicked out of him at the end of every movie. The counselors even let him get drowned in the first movie. Using the movies to try to defend a non-combat nature of the game is just plain laughable. Even at the end of part 5 with Roy, Reggie and Pam weapon up to kill the bastard. To me, people defending the overkill of the patch are just plain trash Jasons. They needed viable game play taken away so they could compete without having to learn how to defend themselves. They call hitting Jason from around corners "cheap" even though it literally happens in the movies. It's just a waste of time talking about it here. The official Reddit forum for F13 has more mature and balanced discussions going on, which is a shame that it can't be done here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

its players like you that are the reason for this patch. So thanks!

I really did laugh when I read that, so add my thanks as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At first I hated the patch. But after playing I like it now. When the match begins I feel like it’s time to work quickly than ever before l. The intensity is a lot higher to get objectives done. I main Tiffany and this is my game plan. When the match begins I have one of two options. 1. Getting parts to the destinations as quickly as possible while repair characters install 2. Demasking Jason right away and hoping Tommy comes in asap and getting sweater and killing Jason before rage. And if there is a circumstance where you’re the final survivor. Utilize the house!! It’s much easier to juke Jason and give him the run around. I survived plenty of matches last night. It’s still definitely possible to survive but you have to get to work ASAP when the match begins... 

No doubt I do agree there does need to be some more balance though. Maybe spawning more than 2 shotguns on the map would be an idea. Or maybe even make shotgun ammo available on the map to refill your only one shot you have. 

I think fireworks should still stun Jason in rage mode. The fact it doesn’t is overkill 

Im trying to protest against this update and get a petition going or something .

Jason is in rage mode like 3 minutes after Tommy Jarvis shows up.

• Haha 1

Jason only gets in rage mode that quickly if you hit him numerous times. It only takes a few good swings with a machete or axe that will get that mask of quick. And also Vince idk if you seen my poll but I strongly think Tommy Jarvis should be able to stun Jason the entire time Jason is in rage mode. 

6 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Im trying to protest against this update and get a petition going or something .

Jason is in rage mode like 3 minutes after Tommy Jarvis shows up.

Please do share the details, I would glady sign it

4 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Jason only gets in rage mode that quickly if you hit him numerous times. It only takes a few good swings with a machete or axe that will get that mask of quick. And also Vince idk if you seen my poll but I strongly think Tommy Jarvis should be able to stun Jason the entire time Jason is in rage mode. 

It is possible to demask and get Tommy and kill, it is just improbable in most matches. I have footage of around 100 Jason kills and The mean time is 10 to 12 minutes for the kill. 

11 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I think fireworks should still stun Jason in rage mode. The fact it doesn’t is overkill 

This we agree on, there should be a way to get stamina in the open.

If you can get a petition going that would be the best because stunning the serial killer is something that is done in movies a lot especially during intense moments and I think everyone should be able to stun him especially if you are the last survivor trying to get through the night. A lot of people are already complaining on twitter and reddit but not so much on the forums where it is more mixed. I think that it's because they are the hardcore Friday the 13th fanbase whereas in other places like twitter and reddit they are more your casual players.

Regardless though I hope they get rid of the no stun rage mode soon since I will be playing other games and watching movies until then.

3 minutes ago, Vince285 said:

If you can get a petition going that would be the best because stunning the serial killer is something that is done in movies a lot especially during intense moments and I think everyone should be able to stun him especially if you are the last survivor trying to get through the night. A lot of people are already complaining on twitter and reddit but not so much on the forums where it is more mixed. I think that it's because they are the hardcore Friday the 13th fanbase whereas in other places like twitter and reddit they are more your casual players.

Regardless though I hope they get rid of the no stun rage mode soon since I will be playing other games and watching movies until then.

Have you even tried out the new patch yet? It’s still definitely possible to survive. Maybe try clearing objectives instead of just fighting Jason all match with a group of people and hitting him like a piñata. And yeah no doubt I had loads of fun putting Jason on his ass but now it isn’t the name of the game to fight him constantly... if they make some counselor buffs as I listed it’d make the game much more balanced. Jason is a bit too op right now I do agree with you there. More shotguns/ammo, fireworks to still stun, and tommy Jarvis to stun Jason In rage is the changes needed to make it more balanced

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Have you even tried out the new patch yet? It’s still definitely possible to survive. Maybe try clearing objectives instead of just fighting Jason all match with a group of people and hitting him like a piñata. And yeah no doubt I had loads of fun putting Jason on his ass but now it isn’t the name of the game to fight him constantly... if they make some counselor buffs as I listed it’d make the game much more balanced. Jason is a bit too op right now I do agree with you there. More shotguns/ammo, fireworks to still stun, and tommy Jarvis to stun Jason In rage is the changes needed to make it more balanced

I don't even do that for most of my matches a no stun rage mode Jason just renders the second half of the match pointless. You can't defend teammates because he can instant grab you with no stun and strength characters are useless along with weapons, you can't even kill him right now.

People make me sick with this jason is to hard to kill now when he is in rage. To damn bad he is supposed to be OP you should be lucky to be alive in the end not running around tea bagging and dancing like  fools this all started with the stupid emotes btw . I really don't think any one complaining about the newest patch even understands the concept of the movies and The fuckin game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, camp_voorhees said:

People make me sick with this jason is to hard to kill now when he is in rage. To damn bad he is supposed to be OP you should be lucky to be alive in the end not running around tea bagging and dancing like  fools this all started with the stupid emotes btw . I really don't think any one complaining about the newest patch even understands the concept of the movies and The fuckin game.

They just want to stun and dance. They'll adapt or they'll go away, either works for me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

They just want to stun and dance. They'll adapt or they'll go away, either works for me.

Right now they either work together get shit done or die just the way it should be.

1 hour ago, Vince285 said:

I don't even do that for most of my matches a no stun rage mode Jason just renders the second half of the match pointless. You can't defend teammates because he can instant grab you with no stun and strength characters are useless along with weapons, you can't even kill him right now.

Yeah adjustments need to be made as I listed earlier. But it’s still a really fun game even if Jason is OP. Gives me a huge challenge. 

22 minutes ago, camp_voorhees said:

Right now they either work together get shit done or die just the way it should be.

A Deborah I was working with last night in two different matches I delivered parts to the car and she installed and we were out of there in 5 minutes... you gotta get on the objectives literally STAT

4 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@DontZzz34, you gotta stop double posting buddy, if you want to reply to a bunch of people get all the quotes before writing your responses. 

Ok my bad

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

Ok my bad

No problem, it’s just Kodiak has had to merge a lot of posts lately and making more work for our mods isn’t cool, they do it out of love of the game.

• Thanks 1

Totally disagree

The patch is great... I played the game on release and Jason was strong as hell back then & it was great to play the game, on both sides of the coin. Escaping actually meant something & was WAY more fun, and cleaning house as Jason had that rewarding and satisfying feeling of being super strong.

I came back to the game last month and thought it was pure garbage tbh...

Every session was full of kill squad tryhards that gang up and just do whatever they want to you when you're Jason, to the point where if you don't want to die & you don't manage to get them early because they're organised, then your only option to not get killed was to sit in the water out of spite & waste everyones time. 

Now there's a reason to actually play Jason again, because he's not weak as hell & a disadvantage to play as... All those morons that play as Vanessa with Swift attacker/sucker punch can keep crying tbh. 

Also great addition to stop people suiciding to get Tommy and organise the kill squads.

30 minutes ago, WildfireXR said:

Also great addition to stop people suiciding to get Tommy and organise the kill squads.

That was a long time coming. It's good that we finally got it.