Sign in to follow this  
ken9ru43

Stealing cars

I took the time to put the battery and gas in the car and I ran all the way across the map to get keys. I go back to the car and I look at my map I see this dot going towards the car Im like, 'god not like this' and ofcourse this guy [player name removed by moderator] steals the car that I took the time to fill up. He didn't even stop for me either, damn near ran me over too. Ofcourse he gets away and then Jason kills me right after. I have my preference on random for counselor. I'll never be playing counselor again or doing anything useful for anybody

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

@ken9ru43, while you're free to post stories about rounds that frustrated you in the game, we discourage naming other players that frustrated you on the forum. In an age of targeted attacks, character assassination, and online harassment, we don't allow the forums to be a source-point for that kind of mayhem. Even if your intentions are innocent, we have made the editorial decision to enforce this across the board.

If you have evidence someone of cheating in the game (not really applicable in this instance), you can report the instance along with video evidence to www.jasonkillsbugs.com. This will bring developer attention to the matter.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Thanks @NthnButAGoodTime, didn’t see you name at the bottom of the main page. I think it was an honest mistake.

No problem. In my experience, that's not always accurate.

Do you have a mic? It's possible they didn't even know you're the one who'd fixed the car. I always announce when I've done a car repair so a) other counselors know which objectives are closest to completion and thus know which to prioritize and b) I give myself a better chance of being picked up if someone else starts the car before me. It sucks when you repair something and get left behind (especially when you do both and/or tank traps) but counselors aren't obligated to pick other people up. I myself don't stop the car once I get going unless I know the person has been contributing or I know I can back up easily if Jason gets in front of me. I also announce that I'll run people over who stand in front of the car now that I'm 150 and don't care about XP.

I recommend playing as a non-repair counselor if you'd rather not be on the receiving end of a 'stolen' car. I can't count the number of times a Vanessa or a Chad has driven off without me in a car I fixed. :sadchappa:

9 hours ago, ken9ru43 said:

I took the time to put the battery and gas in the car and I ran all the way across the map to get keys. I go back to the car and I look at my map I see this dot going towards the car Im like, 'god not like this' and ofcourse this guy [player name removed by moderator] steals the car that I took the time to fill up. He didn't even stop for me either, damn near ran me over too. Ofcourse he gets away and then Jason kills me right after. I have my preference on random for counselor. I'll never be playing counselor again or doing anything useful for anybody

It's unfortunate that this happened to you. People will sometimes try to escape alone, because they want to make sure they can. I've seen people take off, even if someone is near them, and they see that someone. There is an achievement for escaping alone while someone else is still alive.

My rule of thumb is to hold on to the keys when I find them until the car is ready. If I'm driving, I'm gonna pick up people along the way, if Jason is nowhere nearby.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

See, while this may be frustrating ... (and believe me I have had this happen to me countless times) ... I tend to view it more on the side of immersion. If you are being chased by a psychopathic killer are you going to go out of your way to help/save others? The reality is most people will not. You have an opportunity and you take it. I'd just be wary of those people in future games as their tactics may effect your survival.

9 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Do you have a mic? It's possible they didn't even know you're the one who'd fixed the car. I always announce when I've done a car repair so a) other counselors know which objectives are closest to completion and thus know which to prioritize and b) I give myself a better chance of being picked up if someone else starts the car before me. It sucks when you repair something and get left behind (especially when you do both and/or tank traps) but counselors aren't obligated to pick other people up. I myself don't stop the car once I get going unless I know the person has been contributing or I know I can back up easily if Jason gets in front of me. I also announce that I'll run people over who stand in front of the car now that I'm 150 and don't care about XP.

I recommend playing as a non-repair counselor if you'd rather not be on the receiving end of a 'stolen' car. I can't count the number of times a Vanessa or a Chad has driven off without me in a car I fixed. :sadchappa:

I go the opposite route and try to pick up everybody. I refuse to take a car out solo unless the lobby has really pissed me off. I'd also argue that you can't know what others have done to contribute to the escape. You may have fixed the car but they may have bought you the time to do so. Like you I will run people over if they get in front of my car.

3 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

If you control a set of keys you control one of the cars. Putting in a battery or gas is irrelevant. 

This is the keystone to being a repair character.

13 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I go the opposite route and try to pick up everybody. I refuse to take a car out solo unless the lobby has really pissed me off. I'd also argue that you can't know what others have done to contribute to the escape. You may have fixed the car but they may have bought you the time to do so. Like you I will run people over if they get in front of my car.

I don't feel too bad about taking the two seater out solo but will always try to get at least one other passenger in a four seater. You get a ride if you're standing right there when I start it and I'll do a few passes on the main road when I play Higgins, Crystal or Packanack (I generally focus on other objectives when playing Jarvis or Pinehurst). Having a mic, and not using it for party chat like a douche, makes a huge difference too as I'll generally try to give a ride to people who ask politely even though the wasted time often results in Jason smashing the car.

I generally don't feel beholden to other counselors for buying me time since I lone wolf as AJ (silent sprint and Preparedness map to always keep my distance from everyone else from the start of the match). Again though, the mic makes a big difference. If someone's obviously a team player and has been working with me in previous rounds I'll coordinate with them when I make my repairs. Otherwise I far prefer doing ninja solo repairs and only directing people to head to the main exit road once I've got the car going.

6 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

If you control a set of keys you control one of the cars. Putting in a battery or gas is irrelevant. 

Technically true but only assholes leave behind someone they saw fixing a vehicle. It's common courtesy to let a repair counselor like Lachappa or Deborah into the car after they make a fast error-free repair right in front of you. Exception for me is when an idiot counselor insists on doing a repair after being told to let a nearby repair counselor take care of it. I'll take my key and run when that happens.

So if I have the keys to the car and notice it's repaired I should wait around/call out/figure out who repaired it so they can escape too? 

If I see the car is fixed and have keys, I will call out on the mic that I have the keys and am heading to the car that is fixed.  Whoever listens and meets me there, gets a ride.  Whoever doesn't, doesn't get a ride.  If I have seats open and on my path out if Jason isn't near me, I'll stop for a few seconds at a cabin do another call out and honk and if the person is inside doesn't start coming out, I leave. 

If you're all the way on the other side of the map, just because you fixed the car, it doesn't mean I'm driving over there to pick you up.  If you're nearish the car and don't acknowledge the call out, either by voice or moving towards the vehicle, I'm not sitting around waiting for you to lollygag over. 

If the car is full, I'm not stopping and making someone get out so you can get a seat just because you repaired it. 

• Like 1

As a repair character, I often make a point to not escape at the first opportunity. I stick around to help repair other things as well, to try and maximise the number of counsellors who get out.

If what the OP says is exactly what happened (that the other player started the car right in front of them and nearly hit them on the way out), then yeah, that's a dickish move. But it happens, I wouldn't lose sleep on it.

If someone steals the car after I've spent all the time fixing it by myself and drives off without me, and the opportunity to do so presents itself, I purposely get in the way of the car and deprive them of points. They wanna be a dick, I will be too!

I've stolen the car many times. It's funny cause you see them running after you while you peep the horn. I stole a car on sat. 

Jason stopped me and i ran circles round the car. He eventually gave up and i escaped

3 hours ago, Soggy biscuit said:

I've stolen the car many times. It's funny cause you see them running after you while you peep the horn. I stole a car on sat. 

Jason stopped me and i ran circles round the car. He eventually gave up and i escaped

It's even funnier when I run you over or rat you out to Jason the next match.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:16 AM, ken9ru43 said:

This has happened to me many times. It is also not something to get pissed off about. Due to your efforts, one or more people escaped... this is called teamwork. If putting one or more repair parts in guaranteed you a ride... does that also mean anyone who did not help is not entitled to a ride?... I will also point out... shit happens, there are no guarantees in this game.

I will also take a car that has been repaired, whether I had anything to do with repairing it or not... but usually, I am the one repairing it anyway... Players with keys that have seen my driving offer them to me all the time, friend or not. The difference between me taking the car and many other players taking the car is that I will not leave unless the car is full... But that is a first come, first serve deal. If you ask who repaired the car... everyone in the lobby will claim that they did it in hopes of a ride... I tried it once, this was the match that I got the achievement, "Chad is a dick".
    If the person that repaired the car did not get a ride for whatever reason, so what? If the person that got the cops called does not escape to the cops, does he have ANY right to complain? Teamwork will help more people survive more often... which is what the goal is. Unless you were trying to get the "Chad is a Dick" achievement. But teamwork does not guarantee anyone's survival either, it just gives you a better chance at it.
    If you continue playing... eventually, you will have the keys... and you WILL take the car that you did not repair. The real question is, what are you going to do with the car? Will you try to pick up other players and get them to safety, or will you just run over people for "fun"?

11 hours ago, MisterMatt91 said:

If someone steals the car after I've spent all the time fixing it by myself and drives off without me, and the opportunity to do so presents itself, I purposely get in the way of the car and deprive them of points. They wanna be a dick, I will be too!

And I will cheerfully run you over if you try this, with absolutely no regrets about it... Points are really of little concern to anyone at this point, we can make that up in the next match. But I will not allow you to risk the survival of every other player I have in the car. My own survival is irrelevant... I will happily sacrifice myself for others to escape any time I feel it will help (friend or not)... and it almost always does... But it is not often necessary to sacrifice myself either.

On 2/2/2019 at 6:23 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

If you find a set of keys, hold on to those motherfuckers because if you just leave them nearby, somebody will jack your ride out of there almost every time (unless you have the rare luck to be playing with a group of honest players). 

• Like 1

If I have the keys and somebody else insists that they drive just because they fixed the car, that is a sure bet that I will drive solely to spite them. Putting in the parts is often the easy part. Driving the car could be a lot harder. 

1 hour ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

If I have the keys and somebody else insists that they drive just because they fixed the car, that is a sure bet that I will drive solely to spite them. Putting in the parts is often the easy part. Driving the car could be a lot harder. 

Getting to a car without drawing Jason after you and then fixing without errors is something few counselors can do. OTOH driving to the exit couldn't be simpler when I fix the car solo. It's always the low stealth counselors who screw up my escapes no matter how clearly I tell them to get to the main road rather than hang out by the damned car.

But yeah, no one's obligated to give up the keys to another counselor. It's quicker to have someone waiting by the driver's side door the moment the final repair is done anyway.

15 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

It's even funnier when I run you over or rat you out to Jason the next match.

Jason'll be glad only one escaped and not 4 

On 2/4/2019 at 9:23 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If you find a set of keys, hold on to those motherfuckers because if you just leave them nearby, somebody will jack your ride out of there almost every time (unless you have the rare luck to be playing with a group of honest players). 

Truth