Sign in to follow this  
Strigoi

Take Away Counselors screaming when Jason is near giving away hiding spots.

5 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Well thats probably why. The more you are around Jason the great your fear level will be. When you fear level is high your counselor will stumble and gasp frequently. If you choose a counselor that has a lower fear level and apply fear resistant perks you will see a hug difference.

I'll try fear related perks , hopefully they will allow me to hide properly.

Do you have any fearless perk built that i could use , i ask you that cuz there are lots of fear related perks .

Not for closets and beds , just around the corners and behind doors

Thanks a lot.

38 minutes ago, DeadDuck said:

I'll try fear related perks , hopefully they will allow me to hide properly.

Do you have any fearless perk built that i could use , i ask you that cuz there are lots of fear related perks .

Thanks a lot.

nerves of steal with preparedness. There's a couple others that are solo/team dependent depending on your play style. Look at your perk stats and see which give the higher percentage. could also just throw a perk of your liking with those two depending on what your goal that match is(which sometimes gets derailed depending on circumstance). Thats what is awesome about this game, so many perk combinations that can be catered to your play style.

Edit: Level headed reduces chance of detection by sense and decreases over all fear.

Here is a link that will help understand the overall fear mechanic:

https://fridaythe13th.gamepedia.com/Composure

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

"We ain't found shit!"

That was one of the first sound bytes I recorded. But I only ever use it if someone asks if anyone has found anything yet...

5 hours ago, DeadDuck said:

For example, i'm in a cabin , Jason comes to me and break all windows around me , clearly the counselor im playing should know what's Jason up to, and scream then rather than staring at him and when im hiding (in small cabins i would hide behind the door and most jasons would pass me, going into the next room), she screams , giving away my position to the fearless rabid dog of Jason.

Hide and seek at this point is almost impossible.

I did explain this in my first post in this thread... And no one has come up with a logical argument as to why this should be taken out of the game... and neither will they. Yet many have tried in many other threads about this same thing... All have failed miserably.
   If you know Jason is nearby, your fear should be rising... and breaking windows is a good indication that he is nearby. Also... the music... a great indicator that he is nearby. There is far more about the fear mechanic that is VERY realistic, than there is that is not... But this is a video game... and games are not perfect.
   Fear has been studied for a VERY long time now... Those who think they would be totally fearless in a situation that resembles what this game is depicting... are delusional or in denial of FACTS. Everyone feels fear... and everyone will fall into panic mode and will do stupid shit like scream when they know damned well they should not... or stumble for no good reason... or quickly become short of breath... when in a life or death situation for a prolonged period.
   Hysterical strength may be a "thing"... hysterical accuracy will NEVER be a "thing".... Also, hysterical strength comes with a cost. Adrenaline can do wonders... but it quickly wears off... and it WILL leave you rather drained afterwards.

Badass is correct. Nerves of Steel & Preparedness are the best perks to use for the no fear build. N.O.S. allows you to keep your mini map even at max fear which is VERY useful if you happen to be driving a car or boat... and the map at the start that you get using preparedness is FAR more useful at the start of the match than most people will even consider... but then most people cannot even read a map. Other perks that offer fear resistance do not come with other bonuses like these two... and some are dependent on certain conditions for the fear resistance to take effect... and some offer fear resistance to only one aspect that effects fear, such as darkness.
    The no fear build works best with Jenny (10 composure), Mitch (9 composure), or Adam and A.J. (7 composure)… If this build is used on a counselor with lower composure scores... its effect continue to drop off sharply the lower their composure gets.
    Personally, I use marathon with these counselors and the two perks I mentioned... keeping your fear level low also keeps your stamina regeneration VERY fast... Stamina regeneration will slow down as your fear rises.

Even with this perk build, you still need to manage your fear... And even if you fall into max fear with these perks, you will still stumble... and you will still scream... As it should be.

Hiding with a low composure counselor WILL result in them screaming and giving away their position fairly quickly... doing the same thing with high composure counselors will result in the same thing as well, it will just take longer... Do not depend on hiding to save you... in the end, it will NOT save you. This was NEVER meant to be a game of hide and seek... Tactical use of hiding spots will work... but not if Jason is too close to you for too long.

@badassgixxer05 @Ahab

I can't believe how much of a noob i'm at the fear section of the game :D

Thanks guys for making it clear for me , now just like thanos , I've earned a new infinity stone from F13th ^^ (which is fear)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DeadDuck said:

I can't believe how much of a noob i'm at the fear section of the game :D

Thanks guys for making it clear for me , now just like thanos , I've earned a new infinity stone from F13th ^^ (which is fear)

The no fear build does come with a consequence for players used to using thick skin and medic... They can now only use thick skin or medic. I just choose to use something other than the meta perks.
   I find it very effective... But it is still not perfect... if you are too close to Jason for too long, even Jenny will fall into max fear eventually. Keep your flash light on when you can, but try not to give your position away with it. If you see Jason chasing someone else, just facing away from him until he is past can be enough to hide your light from him... but sometimes you have to turn it off to go unnoticed... Facing a wall or tree (and standing right up against it) hides the light of your flashlight very well while still keeping the benefits of having it on. Stay in the light when you can (I try to stop and regain stamina in the light, rather than away from the lights) and if there was any fog in the game, I would advise staying out of the fog too... but that was another movie...
   No matter the perk build, we all still die a lot in this game. But I find the no fear build is a great help over what most of the other perks do.
   Thanos is awesome... But do not expect complete fearlessness with this build, it just helps keep the fear at bay longer.
   Good luck should you chose to accept this mission... I mean, perk build.

• Thanks 1