Sign in to follow this  
Strigoi

Take Away Counselors screaming when Jason is near giving away hiding spots.

If Jason keeps getting stronger then why cant counselors have better perks.

Counselors should be able to hide without screaming when Jason is near giving away hiding spots .

We really need to fix this.

Counselors are allready at a disadvantage .

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:37 AM, Strigoi said:

If Jason keeps getting stronger then why cant counselors have better perks.

They are getting a perk rework already... and since I bought this game, Jason has only had two buffs of any kind... and I have had the game for quite some time now.
    Meanwhile, counselors have received MANY buffs... and Jason was nerfed into the ground for quite some time before EVER receiving a buff of ANY kind. And the first of these buffs was pretty useless... and the second does not give him any advantage in the chase whatsoever... all it does is give him immunity to most stuns after he is put into rage... This has in NO WAY even changed my playstyle in the game as a counselor, but somehow... I am escaping WAY more often then before this patch dropped. All it has done is make one on one combat more difficult... two players or more that can work as a team will still have no problem removing his mask in rage what so ever.
    If you do not believe what I have said here... go back and read the patch notes from the beginning... up until now. All of the adjustments are there.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:37 AM, Strigoi said:

Counselors should be able to hide without screaming when Jason is near giving away hiding spots .

The fear mechanic is hidden for a reason... learn how it works. If you do not want to scream in a hiding place, then use a counselor with a higher composure... also using the no fear perk build helps GREATLY with this. 
   Also... it is better to not remain in a hiding spot for long in the first place. This is not a game of hide and seek... and neither should it be...
   Manage your fear level better... this also helps... But low composure counselors WILL fall into fear faster.

8 hours ago, Strigoi said:

We really need to fix this.

There is an old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." 
   This is not broken AT ALL... if anything, the fear mechanic should come with a little bit harsher penalties... These are not trained soldiers... these are teenage camp counselors. And even trained soldiers still feel fear... it is part of us all, whether someone admits it or not.
   Too many people like to claim they would not scream in such a situation... but... they are full of crap... Most people making this claim would shit their pants if put into a similar situation... and the smell would give them away, but that would be a very difficult mechanic to put into the game.
   Others have tried to argue this before... and not one person could come up with anything that did not make it look like they just wanted the game made easier to fit their own skill level. Also, fear has been studied for a long time now... it is a psychological condition... Before trying to tell anyone that you would stand face to face with someone like Jason Voorhees and give him a piece of your mind, I suggest you read up on it... if you have not actually experienced any kind of life and death situation in your own past that is... Then, of course... you would not need to read up on it, you would just have to be honest about it.

8 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Counselors are allready at a disadvantage .

This is LAUGHABLE... let me tell you why.
    Counselors CAN get both cars fixed and moving before ANY Jason variant even has his first shift available to use... on ANY map. This invariably leads to a mass exodus which leaves only one person left to hunt.... JUST this point alone... which is true whether you like to admit to it or not... PROVES that counselors need absolutely no more buffs AT ALL... I would like to see you... or anybody else for that matter stop a car without an active shift... Although it is possible to do, it is merely a fluke when it does happen. Let's see you do it in active gameplay... not in a recording that took 400 matches to get.
    Also, since this last patch dropped... I have been seeing more escapes, more low kill counts for awesome Jason players than before the patch... and killing Jason is even easier now... for reasons that have been mentioned in many threads since the patch dropped.
    Also... I could go on for quite some time with perfectly legitimate reasons as to why your statement here is laughable... but this post is already starting to get long.

• Like 1

Cosigning, @Ahab

Hiding is meant to be done in small amounts. When the police are called and you're waiting or if Jason chases somebody near your area. As it is, if Jason runs by you're probably not instantly shouting in fear. And since long term hiding fucks over the rest of the counselors, I don't see the point in making it a more powerful option. 

1 hour ago, Risinggrave said:

Hiding is meant to be done in small amounts. When the police are called and you're waiting or if Jason chases somebody near your area. As it is, if Jason runs by you're probably not instantly shouting in fear. And since long term hiding fucks over the rest of the counselors, I don't see the point in making it a more powerful option. 

I have been known to hide after fixing both cars and calling the police... At that point, I feel I have already done enough and will take a minute or two... and perhaps even go out for a very quick smoke to pass the time while I am waiting for the police to arrive. I will sometimes also hide after calling the police and doing nothing else... After accomplishing the one objective that can lead to the escape of everybody in a match... anyone that bitches at me for using a hiding spot will get the same answer.... "I already did my part... what did you accomplish?"... together with "Don't tell me how to play, and I will not tell you how to play."
   I have also been known to jump into an outhouse... just for the irony of using it for a bathroom break.
   But either way... it is pretty far from every match that I will even consider hiding at all... But I almost never run into this "counselor screaming in a hiding spot" issue... I play repair counselors with fairly high composure and the no fear build... and I try to actively manage my fear... All together, this works very well for avoiding the "screaming" issue. 

Long term hiding is quite boring to watch... but I have my popcorn so I do not care. If someone wants to hide, I will not tell them they shouldn't... But I have seen many people in the afterlife club bitching about someone who is hiding... To me this just sounds like... "Jason could have been chasing them and I could have got away."... which I laugh at.
   In the end, those players trying to hide for the whole match were not going to do anything anyway. And a member of the team who is not contributing at least is most definitely not helping the team in any way.
   But I fully agree that it does not need to be a more powerful option... it is VERY useful in certain situations as it is... If it was made more powerful with something like the original poster's suggestion... then we would be in way too many games that have too many people trying to hide for most of the match... and that really screws over the few who chose not to hide.

Watched Jason murder someone while in an outhouse last week, it was hilarious. Then took the keys and left, hiding works if you know when to do it. 

I do wish Counselors could fake going into a closet or under a bed, then sneak away while Jason is confused by the sound that he heard. Opening and closing a door shouldn’t be that hard. Maybe a second prompt could be added press O to fake it, 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

I have been known to hide after fixing both cars and calling the police... At that point, I feel I have already done enough and will take a minute or two... and perhaps even go out for a very quick smoke to pass the time while I am waiting for the police to arrive. I will sometimes also hide after calling the police and doing nothing else... After accomplishing the one objective that can lead to the escape of everybody in a match... anyone that bitches at me for using a hiding spot will get the same answer.... "I already did my part... what did you accomplish?"... together with "Don't tell me how to play, and I will not tell you how to play."
   I have also been known to jump into an outhouse... just for the irony of using it for a bathroom break.
   But either way... it is pretty far from every match that I will even consider hiding at all... But I almost never run into this "counselor screaming in a hiding spot" issue... I play repair counselors with fairly high composure and the no fear build... and I try to actively manage my fear... All together, this works very well for avoiding the "screaming" issue. 

Long term hiding is quite boring to watch... but I have my popcorn so I do not care. If someone wants to hide, I will not tell them they shouldn't... But I have seen many people in the afterlife club bitching about someone who is hiding... To me this just sounds like... "Jason could have been chasing them and I could have got away."... which I laugh at.
   In the end, those players trying to hide for the whole match were not going to do anything anyway. And a member of the team who is not contributing at least is most definitely not helping the team in any way.
   But I fully agree that it does not need to be a more powerful option... it is VERY useful in certain situations as it is... If it was made more powerful with something like the original poster's suggestion... then we would be in way too many games that have too many people trying to hide for most of the match... and that really screws over the few who chose not to hide.

After the police are called, hiding is tactical. Jason is on a short timer then. I often hide at that point too. 

With that we're pretty much on the same page.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ahab said:

There is an old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." 

This is not broken AT ALL... if anything, the fear mechanic should come with a little bit harsher penalties... These are not trained soldiers... these are teenage camp counselors. And even trained soldiers still feel fear... it is part of us all, whether someone admits it or not.
   Too many people like to claim they would not scream in such a situation... but... they are full of crap... Most people making this claim would shit their pants if put into a similar situation... and the smell would give them away, but that would be a very difficult mechanic to put into the game.
   Others have tried to argue this before... and not one person could come up with anything that did not make it look like they just wanted the game made easier to fit their own skill level. Also, fear has been studied for a long time now... it is a psychological condition... Before trying to tell anyone that you would stand face to face with someone like Jason Voorhees and give him a piece of your mind, I suggest you read up on it... if you have not actually experienced any kind of life and death situation in your own past that is... Then, of course... you would not need to read up on it, you would just have to be honest about it.

Jason smelling crappy counselors should have been a thing in this game.

• Haha 2

I only utilize hiding spots at the right times. Mainly when I’m on a chase and if I want him off my tail bc I’m trying to run to the car (for example) I’ll beat him to a cabin and go open the back door and leave it open and go in a hiding spot. Making it look like I left when I really didn’t. Then as music goes away I sprint to the car and escape. You should utilize hiding spots as a way to fake him out before he hits rage but hiding just to hide isn’t a good strategy

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

After the police are called, hiding is tactical. Jason is on a short timer then. I often hide at that point too. 

With that we're pretty much on the same page.

"Tactical Hiding"... a new term for people who do not like it when someone hides... I like it.

16 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Jason smelling crappy counselors should have been a thing in this game.

This harkens back to the old "3D smell-o-rama" on Dr. Tongue's 3D house of... (weekly name change)…. on SCTV for those who do not know... John Candy was awesome.
   It would have been an interesting mechanic to add in for fear... but the mess... and oh, that smell.

14 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

You should utilize hiding spots as a way to fake him out before he hits rage but hiding just to hide isn’t a good strategy

Indeed... "tactical hiding" is good.... hiding for the entire match is bad.

21 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I do wish Counselors could fake going into a closet or under a bed, then sneak away while Jason is confused by the sound that he heard. Opening and closing a door shouldn’t be that hard. Maybe a second prompt could be added press O to fake it,

Now this... if we could just open and close a closet door without entering it... and wander away... would be a great tactic to use... if it was in game... Just reversing the animation after the door is fully opened would work. The sound pings off of everyone but A.J. and Tommy would be a dead giveaway for attentive Jason players though. Most counselors would have to walk away to not let off a sound ping, and they would never get far enough away to make a difference... But A.J. and Tommy could pull this off fairly consistently I would think. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ahab said:

This harkens back to the old "3D smell-o-rama" on Dr. Tongue's 3D house of... (weekly name change)…. on SCTV for those who do not know... John Candy was awesome.

It's hard to believe that yesterday was the 25th anniversary of his passing. Such a tremendous loss.

I'll be watching a few of his films this weekend to honor his memory.

54 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

It's hard to believe that yesterday was the 25th anniversary of his passing. Such a tremendous loss.

I'll be watching a few of his films this weekend to honor his memory.

It really did not seem that long ago... until you pointed it out... and yes, it was a tremendous loss (no fat joke intended)… He was always one of my favorite comedians.
   Now I feel old again.
   I too will have to dig up some of these classics... "The Great Outdoors" comes to mind.

4 minutes ago, Ahab said:

It really did not seem that long ago... until you pointed it out... and yes, it was a tremendous loss (no fat joke intended)… He was always one of my favorite comedians.
   Now I feel old again.
   I too will have to dig up some of these classics... "The Great Outdoors" comes to mind.

Uncle Buck and Space Balls! 😁

• Like 2

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Both were great movies... But I do not think I own a copy of Uncle Buck... unfortunately. Another one to put on my list.

22 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Watched Jason murder someone while in an outhouse last week, it was hilarious. Then took the keys and left, hiding works if you know when to do it. 

I do wish Counselors could fake going into a closet or under a bed, then sneak away while Jason is confused by the sound that he heard. Opening and closing a door shouldn’t be that hard. Maybe a second prompt could be added press O to fake it, 😂

This right here! I love that idea.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

5 hours ago, Ahab said:

Both were great movies... But I do not think I own a copy of Uncle Buck... unfortunately. Another one to put on my list.

I religiously watch Spaceballs and find myself quoting it quite often......

“That’s incredible that’s the same combination I have on my luggage.”

“I am Surrounded by assholes!”

lol 

such a classic.

I also don’t have a copy of Uncle Buck I will follow your lead Ahab... it is now on the wish list.

one of my Favorite John Candy film is Who’s Harry Crumb?

• Like 1

@OCT 31 1978 The only John Candy movie I did not really like was his last... "Wagon's East"... but even he was not perfect.
   I need more Spaceballs quotes for my thingy... I will get around to that "soon".

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

@OCT 31 1978 The only John Candy movie I did not really like was his last... "Wagon's East"... but even he was not perfect.
   I need more Spaceballs quotes for my thingy... I will get around to that "soon".

Yeah I remember not enjoying Wagons East on my initial watch I may need to give it another watch just to be sure.....

but if you want more quotes from Spaceballs....

” Yogurt I hate yogurt....even with strawberries.”

” shit, I hate it when my Schwartz gets twisted.”

“He is an Asshole, to sir, Gunner’s made first class Phillip Asshole.”

” SpaceBalls the flamethrower!”

”that’s my virgin alarm it’s programmed to go off before you do.”

”Lone Starr I am your father’s,  brothers, nephew’s ,  cousin’s former roommate.”

“what does that make us...”

”absolutely nothing.”

“dink, dink dink dink dink “

”may the Schwarzts be with you.”

Lol 

• Like 1

@OCT 31 1978 Thanks for the suggestions... all of them are worthy of use... But there are a few others I would take from that movie as well. I know where to find them in the movie and it would not take too long... I could not give timestamps, but I can look at any part of the movie and know how far ahead or back I need to go to get to the line I want... It really boils down to getting around to doing it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ahab said:

@OCT 31 1978 Thanks for the suggestions... all of them are worthy of use... But there are a few others I would take from that movie as well. I know where to find them in the movie and it would not take too long... I could not give timestamps, but I can look at any part of the movie and know how far ahead or back I need to go to get to the line I want... It really boils down to getting around to doing it.

"We ain't found shit!"

This is a real issue that stands in the way of a more enjoyable gameplay.

Its so annoying when counselors scream even when they don't really see Jason, or when doesn't really make much sense.

For example, i'm in a cabin , Jason comes to me and break all windows around me , clearly the counselor im playing should know what's Jason up to, and scream then rather than staring at him and when im hiding (in small cabins i would hide behind the door and most jasons would pass me, going into the next room), she screams , giving away my position to the fearless rabid dog of Jason.

Hide and seek at this point is almost impossible.

1 minute ago, DeadDuck said:

This is a real issue that stands in the way of a more enjoyable gameplay.

Its so annoying when counselors scream even when they don't really see Jason, or when doesn't really make much sense.

For example, i'm in a cabin , Jason comes to me and break all windows around me , clearly the counselor im playing should know what's Jason up to, and scream then rather than staring at him and when im hiding (in small cabins i would hide behind the door and most jasons would pass me, going into the next room), she screams , giving away my position to the fearless rabid dog of Jason.

Hide and seek at this point is almost impossible.

You try a no fear build yet?

41 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

You try a no fear build yet?

I haven't seen a significant difference .

Plus my gameplay consist more of running and dodging , i mainly use the marathon , spray spawn and medic perks.

Btw , that doesn't explain why screaming after half an hour of clown fiesta nor when Jason is a mile away from me and clearly a wall with no windows in between.

4 hours ago, DeadDuck said:

I haven't seen a significant difference .

Plus my gameplay consist more of running and dodging , i mainly use the marathon , spray spawn and medic perks.

Well thats probably why. The more you are around Jason the greater your fear level will be. When your fear level is high your counselor will stumble and gasp frequently. If you choose a counselor that has a lower fear level and apply fear resistant perks you will see a huge difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1