xllxENIGMAxllx

Feedback on lastest patch (balance).

@mattshotcha This patch is very great Jason is strong again but there is one thing you could adjust.

His grab animation speed otherwise you have fixed the block and increased width with his swing (hitting everyone on the line) that was awesome but, you haven't fixed the stance exploit (sliding glitch).                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

• Haha 1

We wanted to make these changes separately and address/evaluate as we go. So something like grab would not have been a good adjustment at the same time as others, but we are keeping an eye on it.

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2019 at 7:32 PM, Urmomsnewman said:

@mattshotcha just wondering if you guys have been seeing all the negative feedback on twitter and Facebook about this patch and if it matters at all? 

We've be seeing feedback on the patch, yes. As for negative/positive, I think you'd be surprised at how those numbers shake out. There are some negative comments and some positive, but that's part of the process with balancing a multiplayer game. The change still needs time to be out in the wild before we jump to make any changes.

On 2/1/2019 at 1:05 PM, mattshotcha said:

We wanted to make these changes separately and address/evaluate as we go. So something like grab would not have been a good adjustment at the same time as others, but we are keeping an eye on it.

I missed this before but thank you for confirmation. It will be easier to just point people to this rather than argue about what makes sense. Which this does, and thanks to the team for not rushing the changes.

(I’d like to acknowledge that it hurts at least two forum members that feel let down by the incompleteness of the changes, but at least this way they will know others are coming. Sorry guys, I do feel your pain but I think this is for the best.)

9 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

We've be seeing feedback on the patch, yes. As for negative/positive, I think you'd be surprised at how those numbers shake out. There are some negative comments and some positive, but that's part of the process with balancing a multiplayer game. The change still needs time to be out in the wild before we jump to make any changes.

I agree, I think he would be surprised. (He’s apparently quite taken with my mothers head stone. 😉)

And one more quick question if you wouldn’t mind, any word on if you can share anything about the fear system? No rush but I could use a distraction to help keep the peace.

On 1/31/2019 at 9:58 PM, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

@mattshotcha This patch is very great Jason is strong again but there is one thing you could adjust.

His grab animation speed otherwise you have fixed the block and increased width with his swing (hitting everyone on the line) that was awesome but, you haven't fixed the stance exploit (sliding glitch).                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

I heart you, confusing puzzle of a quandary. (Not hitting on you, I just like your posts.)

@Slasher_Clone

Fear System is a tricky one. Are we discussing it? Of course, but it's got time to bake before we can really put an idea out there for you guys and girls.

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

Thank you for the response, I would be very surprised if you were eluding to the positive be more popular, now if you are talking with just the forum members I wouldn’t be surprised (as most as more experienced) now if you talking twitter and Facebook (where there are far more players) I must be missing a lot of the positive. Everyone’s opinion should matter regardless of how much you play.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 12:05 PM, mattshotcha said:

I'm glad to see new work being done finally. My suggestions include:

1. Remove combat stance lock on for all players. It gets in the way. Counselors will target each other and Jason often targets a counselor the player may not want to attack. Like if you initially target lock someone and they run away but you're still locked on. Meanwhile another counselor is nearby, but you can't target switch without dropping combat stance, in which time Jason can get hit and stunned before he has time to turn on CS again and try to block. Better to just remove combat lock on entirely.

2. Bring back rage stuns but nerf them significantly.