pilospc

Can any balance please everyone? How would you fix it?

On 2/1/2019 at 7:39 AM, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

After testing the patch in many games since its debut. 

I'm disheartened, the game has changed for the worst. Now you are basically FORCED to do objectives because the other alternatives are crippled. 

Jason is invulnerable and this ruins the game for anybody who likes to fight. 

I believe that a lot of the people who appreciate this patch have never really experienced this game in a high competitive fighting setting, so they can't really understand the thrilling of an intense fight against a competent Jason. 

This kind of stimulus of high intensity competitive game is unmatched in any other element of the game. 

If you had tried to battle and survive the night fighting back against a great Jason you know the feeling. Most comments I read here don't really know this element of the game because they never spent the time to master the timing to be able to do so. 

A normal escape match gives you a thrill of let's say 6/10, staying within an inch of Jason grabs for 3 minutes as you fight back and every door is down and your stamina is low is a 10/10. 

I vulnerable Jason removed this, it destroyed something that you should have tried, it was the best feeling of the game. 

Now this is gone, you can still survive the night easily with marathon and restful but it's not thr same. Escaping for three minutes doesn't have the same feeling. 

The game feels dull. 

It is such a shame thst the deva thought that a simple solution like invulnerability would have balanced the game. 

It is a cheap ploy but it doesn't really work ad you can still tool around with Jason by running, it is simply less interesting. 

It is obviously a mistake to punish sone the hard core elements of the fan base. 

I've seen so many good elements in the previous posts, I'd be thrilled to survive the night by fighting against some of the uber jasons you mentioned previously. These people should be hired to represent us who like the competitive side of f13. 

I'm grateful to you folks who took the time to suggest these great changes. 

I'm fairly confident this pstch won't last because after the initial excitement of the people who ti is patch caters, most of them will leave once again. 

All in all there's hope, I'll test the game during the whole weekend and then decide if I want to play it again. 

Good job folks, impressive suggestions :)

I encourage you to keep playing and not abandon the game simply because of an update / patch you don't like cuz it can always change in the future anyways keep gaming peace!

4 minutes ago, pilospc said:

I encourage you to keep playing and not abandon the game simply because of an update / patch you don't like cuz it can always change in the future anyways keep gaming peace!

Ya well we have all seen the amount of time it takes for a patch to be released 

Of the games I've played so far, I've seen no difference in survivability, I even saw pt 2 jason killed by the last 2 alive at the police exit despite killing the rest of the lobby ( myself Inc). Always hard to gauge how good players are, but I think there is a slight overreaction to the invulnerability. 

I've escaped, even right down to the last 2 minutes of a match. I changed nothing in the way I play, except I feel a bit more pressure knowing I can't stun jason at a point, I actually like this. 

Right now, every single trap is crucial. They never get layed out by vast majority. There's tons of them, it bides time. 

Fighting jason with gangs armed to the teeth looking for him and all the taunting was to put it plainly, silly. I'm not going to miss it. 

I see people complain their only option now is to escape, well not quite true, you can still last the night, I've done it and others have I've watched. I'm not going to even entertain the 'oh but if you're playing against a super duper ultra sweaty competitive jason best in the world ever, then you can't escape, so it needs changing' 

Well, so what.

The vast majority in quick play are not far apart in skill from my experience and games are playing out pretty much the norm. I've seen 2/8 Jason's and 8/8, it's not making everyone god like jason. That's a fact. 

I still think firecrackers should stun, but watching in spectator I saw a flare gun stun jason, pretty sure it was way past rage mode too. Those both should still stun imo. Firecracker perk may get a bit of usage then. 

If u still want to dance and clown around  with Jason and not help objective based players at all then you can, but you're likely going to die. You can't have your cake and eat it. 

9 hours ago, kohagan said:

Of the games I've played so far, I've seen no difference in survivability, I even saw pt 2 jason killed by the last 2 alive at the police exit despite killing the rest of the lobby ( myself Inc). Always hard to gauge how good players are, but I think there is a slight overreaction to the invulnerability. 

I've escaped, even right down to the last 2 minutes of a match. I changed nothing in the way I play, except I feel a bit more pressure knowing I can't stun jason at a point, I actually like this. 

Right now, every single trap is crucial. They never get layed out by vast majority. There's tons of them, it bides time. 

Fighting jason with gangs armed to the teeth looking for him and all the taunting was to put it plainly, silly. I'm not going to miss it. 

I see people complain their only option now is to escape, well not quite true, you can still last the night, I've done it and others have I've watched. I'm not going to even entertain the 'oh but if you're playing against a super duper ultra sweaty competitive jason best in the world ever, then you can't escape, so it needs changing' 

Well, so what.

The vast majority in quick play are not far apart in skill from my experience and games are playing out pretty much the norm. I've seen 2/8 Jason's and 8/8, it's not making everyone god like jason. That's a fact. 

I still think firecrackers should stun, but watching in spectator I saw a flare gun stun jason, pretty sure it was way past rage mode too. Those both should still stun imo. Firecracker perk may get a bit of usage then. 

If u still want to dance and clown around  with Jason and not help objective based players at all then you can, but you're likely going to die. You can't have your cake and eat it. 

Good thoughts thanks for your feedback!

Quick rage fixes:

1. Make fireworks and flare stun.  They are one time use items.
  2. Maybe let another weapon stun but if it does it will break.
  3. Make the stun long enough that you can actually do something.  For example a knife does not give you enough time to start the car.

Long term solutions:

1. Adjust rage making it more of a weapon/defense instead of invincibility.  Make it a talent.
    • Rage happens when Jason takes multiple strikes in a short time-frame/something gets fixed (battery/gas/prop/fuse).  Make it last 30s.  This makes bullying dangerous.  Also add full rage in the final 2m of the match OR
    • Make rage an ability.  Replace stalk or make it under the abilities menu and trigger or some unused combo.  This way you can implement rage when needed.  Imagine getting bullied and implementing rage, or going to the fuse where three people are attempting to fix with stalk/rage.
  2. Maybe add a perk that gives an additional 1-2 shotgun shells.
  3. Make it use stam when you interact/swing at Jason.  Bullying will be harder since you will use stam swinging and may not be able to get away.

As a good Jason the rage is terrible.  As a counselor rage means unless something is done nothing will be.  For me nothing is a challenge now and it sucks.  I actually enjoy the challenge as Jason against a team or coordination.  When playing on a team it just means get it done earlier and less scouting for sprays/knives, and if rage starts the game is immediately junk.

Rage should be a talent aiding Jason, not a gimmick to help make it easier.  GUN needs to make interacting with him dangerous, not a joke (first 10m) massacre (rage).  Also, it's a game, stop saying "like the movies".  It has to be balanced and fun for everyone.  You have eight players, remember.  Jason is also loaded.  The average Jason has 4 abilities/5 traps/5+ knives~/block and there is a learning curve that is harder than most games.  Once you get good at it the hunt is amazing, and fun for everyone.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 1:42 PM, plshelps said:

Quick rage fixes:

1. Make fireworks and flare stun.  They are one time use items.
  2. Maybe let another weapon stun but if it does it will break.
  3. Make the stun long enough that you can actually do something.  For example a knife does not give you enough time to start the car.

Long term solutions:

1. Adjust rage making it more of a weapon/defense instead of invincibility.  Make it a talent.
    • Rage happens when Jason takes multiple strikes in a short time-frame/something gets fixed (battery/gas/prop/fuse).  Make it last 30s.  This makes bullying dangerous.  Also add full rage in the final 2m of the match OR
    • Make rage an ability.  Replace stalk or make it under the abilities menu and trigger or some unused combo.  This way you can implement rage when needed.  Imagine getting bullied and implementing rage, or going to the fuse where three people are attempting to fix with stalk/rage.
  2. Maybe add a perk that gives an additional 1-2 shotgun shells.
  3. Make it use stam when you interact/swing at Jason.  Bullying will be harder since you will use stam swinging and may not be able to get away.

As a good Jason the rage is terrible.  As a counselor rage means unless something is done nothing will be.  For me nothing is a challenge now and it sucks.  I actually enjoy the challenge as Jason against a team or coordination.  When playing on a team it just means get it done earlier and less scouting for sprays/knives, and if rage starts the game is immediately junk.

Rage should be a talent aiding Jason, not a gimmick to help make it easier.  GUN needs to make interacting with him dangerous, not a joke (first 10m) massacre (rage).  Also, it's a game, stop saying "like the movies".  It has to be balanced and fun for everyone.  You have eight players, remember.  Jason is also loaded.  The average Jason has 4 abilities/5 traps/5+ knives~/block and there is a learning curve that is harder than most games.  Once you get good at it the hunt is amazing, and fun for everyone.

Sorry i didn't reply sooner just now seen these suggestions and i have to say these are some great suggestions in fact i agree 100% these ideas would have been much better and i would love to see them implement this over what they have done so far.