Dragonfire82877

To everyone complaining that Jason is too OP now

I was killed by a 150 Jason @Risinggrave playing Tiffany  within the last minute of the game, after running him through 4 cabins for 5 minutes. I could've survived with the old baseball bat stun chances, but surviving is a challenge again. I love it!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

No it does not. I never claimed he wasn’t defeated in the films. How many times was he chain stunned and tea bagged in the films?

Yeah but in comparison to being killed by a child, being stunned by a bunch of teens is tame.

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I will say in our group last night I saw not as skilled Jason players doing a lot better and enjoying it more. People need to think of some of the newer players and their enjoyment in playing as Jason. If we want to keep a stronger fanbase around then this patch is effective in preventing Jasons from being pummelled the entire match. Matches still range from 2-8 kills per match, just more often I see wipes, which is evident to a step in the right direction. 

Agreed. I'm hoping that some of our counselor only types give Jason another try. 

9 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I was killed by a 150 Jason @Risinggrave playing Tiffany  within the last minute of the game, after running him through 4 cabins for 5 minutes. I could've survived with the old baseball bat stun chances, but surviving is a challenge again. I love it!

It was fun. And in the reversal, when I took you on at Higgins with Buggzy, I was amped up because I knew once I used that shotgun, I was out of tricks. It got the blood pumping. The new rage is definitely making the endgame very tense, even for us guys that have seen it all. 

• Like 1

@Risinggrave I was actually just going to mention that, we each killed each other within the 1 minute mark last night. With the old stun rates, both rounds would have (probably) been in the counselors favor.

36 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

@Risinggrave I was actually just going to mention that, we each killed each other within the 1 minute mark last night. With the old stun rates, both rounds would have (probably) been in the counselors favor.

Indeed. I'd have put money on either of us to walk out prior to the update. 

52 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

Yeah but in comparison to being killed by a child, being stunned by a bunch of teens is tame.

What does it matter the age of the person that buried a machete in the side of his head? You would get the same outcome from a child or an adult in that situation, lol  

The topic was brought up about the game being canon to the film. I simply asked where there was a group of teens constantly beating Jason in the films. 

I don’t care who or what killed him in the films. Like I mentioned in the previous post, I never said he couldn’t be defeated. 

In my opinion, counselors should be able to fight back, even after rage hits. How do you effectively make this work? I don’t know. But there should have never been a chance at chain stunning Jason to the extent of how it was happening. 

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

What does it matter the age of the person that buried a machete in the side of his head? You would get the same outcome from a child or an adult in that situation, lol  

The topic was brought up about the game being canon to the film. I simply asked where there was a group of teens constantly beating Jason in the films. 

I don’t care who or what killed him in the films. Like I mentioned in the previous post, I never said he couldn’t be defeated. 

In my opinion, counselors should be able to fight back, even after rage hits. How do you effectively make this work? I don’t know. But there should have never been a chance at chain stunning Jason to the extent of how it was happening. 

The age matters because there's many significant differences between teenagers and a child. The mighty Jason was killed and buried for years by a kid. Something no adult or teen managed to do. If a child can actually kill Jason, then why is it such a stretch of the imagination to imagine teenagers repeatedly stunning Jason?

In fact when in the movies has Jason been confronted by a gang of teens armed with weapons? I can't think of any scenarios. But just because it never happened in the movies doesn't mean it couldn't. Its not doing something that is a direct violation of the depiction of a character, like say the way the game violates the depiction of Roy from Part 5 who can be shot with shotguns and get up and carry on just fine, stabbed in the neck with pocket knives repeatedly and not drop dead, can teleport across the map in seconds, and inexplicably hears Pamela's voice when he had absolutely nothing to do with her.

This game is not trying to adhere to Jason's powers from the movies. If it was he wouldn't be able to teleport across the map in 2 seconds or shift great distances in seconds, or stop cars just by standing in front of them when the movies have very clearly shown him to jump out of the way of on coming vehicles heading right at him. So the big hoo-ha some people make about some teens being able to stun him repeatedly is really inane, IMO. This game is far from being accurate to what Jason can do in the movies regarding his abilities.

3 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

2 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Indeed. I'd have put money on either of us to walk out prior to the update. 

Before I often would give up and not care about chasing Bean. You guys both know that. Him and I have had some great runs and close calls, but I had just lost the desire to do loops. 

This patch gives reason to chase and not just get doors shut in our faces to wait for open hits after. 

Bean, you said it best: I really hope to see some of our counselor preferred players enjoy playing big man again. Its hard to do against out group sometimes. I really hope this patch turns some of that players around. 

10 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Possibly an anomaly but the Jasons I faced last night were even less successful than usual. I was prepared for a night of bloodbaths but I must have escaped in something like 80-90% of my matches and Jason was killed once or twice. But then I'm a stealth repair counselor so I'm used to getting shit done during the first half of matches anyway.  :ajsaltbae:

Not an anomaly at all. This has been my experience since the patch dropped as well. Far more escapes and far fewer kills for Jason players... and these were damn good Jason players.

11 hours ago, Ste_Wolf said:

I can show you a movie where he gets killed by a child. Does that count?

Oh good, yet another one that needs to have story structure explained to them.
    Not a single one of these movies was written knowing for a fact that there would be a sequel... hence, each needed a resolution. All stories need a resolution. There is a structure to story telling and if a writer does not follow it, he will never be published, let alone have a movie made from his work. Also... Corey Feldman was the biggest named star in any one of these movies up to that point. More people knew who he was than knew who Betsy Palmer was. Did you think Jason was going to kill him? I knew exactly who was going to kill Jason when I saw the credited actors in the movie before it was even released (spoiler... the actor's names were on the movie poster)... and I was actually young then. It was not hard to figure out... there are oh so few movies in which the biggest named actor in it dies... and even fewer movies in which a child is killed on screen... and almost every actor credited on the poster will die, except the one to "kill" Jason... It was a no brainer before the movie was even released.
     When something changes mediums, then changes need to be made. A great many things that work in one medium will not translate well to another medium. By your statement, one can assume you think Jason should die in every match because it happened in the movies. This is a game, not a movie.

A great example is Jason's morph and shift. In the movies, Jason appeared out of no where many times. He was also able to catch people running away from him while he is just walking... Without the ability to teleport, the cops would be called in the first two minutes of EVERY match and he would have no chance to stop a car or even catch a single person being he cannot move fast enough to actually do it.... So... the game attempts to explain why he could do this in the movies with these powers and at the same time actually give Jason a chance to kill someone in the game. This is called... balancing a game.

2 hours ago, Ste_Wolf said:

If a child can actually kill Jason, then why is it such a stretch of the imagination to imagine teenagers repeatedly stunning Jason?

A child blindsiding you, or anybody else in the head with a machete is going to kill you... be ye big or be ye small. There have been a lot more people murdered by children in real life than you would think. You are such a fan of taking one thing from the movies to prove your point, but ignore another.... Name one time Jason was stunned with a melee weapon when he saw it coming in a movie. Just one.
      I can tell you why it is unbelievable to imagine a teenager repeatedly stunning Jason... I have been hit by a baseball bat on several occasions, and not by 120 pound teenagers. I am no Jason Voorhees, but I am a big guy... and it did not end well for those people. So yeah, I find it rather unbelievable and laughable.   

Ridiculously unbelievable crap like a 120 pound teenager knocking ANYONE the size of Jason Voorhees on his ass with 99% efficiency does not go well with the horror genre (game or movie), particularly when he cannot do it to them... This was not meant to be a comedy... and people are not scared of anyone they can so easily knock on their ass... in a game or in real life.
     Killing Jason was supposed to be difficult. It is not... it still is not. But for a very brief time, it was... but the Jason hunters had to do it before he hit rage and without suiciding to become Tommy... but that has been fixed, and now it will be even easier to kill Jason with rage stun immunity as non stunning hits do more damage... also a no brainer.
     But the patch is successful in one thing at least... it will cut down on the length of the piñata parties. This is a good start.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Before I often would give up and not care about chasing Bean. You guys both know that. Him and I have had some great runs and close calls, but I had just lost the desire to do loops. 

This patch gives reason to chase and not just get doors shut in our faces to wait for open hits after. 

Bean, you said it best: I really hope to see some of our counselor preferred players enjoy playing big man again. Its hard to do against out group sometimes. I really hope this patch turns some of that players around. 

I did not know my looping was that aggravating. I'm gonna have to rethink my late game, that's for sure. 

I'm actually gonna miss @Thatguyinktown's Scooby Doo close a door, bat in the face routine. It was comedy gold. 

Indeed. It's gonna be aggravating as ever early, but if they can just keep us on the map until rage, we'll have our work cut out for us. Maybe we can bribe them with an offer to beat them up until rage and not fix anything until that point. Get them liking being Jason before hitting the objectives as hard. 

40 minutes ago, Ahab said:

When something changes mediums, then changes need to be made. A great many things that work in one medium will not translate well to another medium. By your statement, one can assume you think Jason should die in every match because it happened in the movies. This is a game, not a movie.

But the patch is successful in one thing at least... it will cut down on the length of the piñata parties. This is a good start.

Just wanted to touch on these two parts. I have tried F13 in a number of mediums. Comics, novels, games, and of course, film. What is funny is that in almost all of them with predetermined endings except the films is that Jason wins. 

I'm all on the length of those parties getting cut (terrible pun). I'm just hoping that the rookies can stick out being taunted until rage kicks in. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I did not know my looping was that aggravating. I'm gonna have to rethink my late game, that's for sure. 

I'm actually gonna miss @Thatguyinktown's Scooby Doo close a door, bat in the face routine. It was comedy gold. 

Indeed. It's gonna be aggravating as ever early, but if they can just keep us on the map until rage, we'll have our work cut out for us. Maybe we can bribe them with an offer to beat them up until rage and not fix anything until that point. Get them liking being Jason before hitting the objectives as hard. 

Just wanted to touch on these two parts. I have tried F13 in a number of mediums. Comics, novels, games, and of course, film. What is funny is that in almost all of them with predetermined endings except the films is that Jason wins. 

I'm all on the length of those parties getting cut (terrible pun). I'm just hoping that the rookies can stick out being taunted until rage kicks in. 

It isnt just your looping, or anyone specifics. You were just one of 2 people I can think of that were so good at it I hated going through the routine.

It was the fact that it gets to the point in a game where its clear people have escaped or objectives wont get fixed. From there all that is left is survival. And if someone is loaded with items, and right perks, it wasn't difficult for them.

So its not anyone's fault for trying to survive. Problem was it was so easy and moreso it was redundant. Jason walks entirely too slow. Door close, break winodws. Smash door down, since if you age in you either step in a trap or have someone waiting fornfree stun hit on the other side. They have 2-4 pocket sprays and a pocket knife or two. So either slash down so much only to watch them heal, or grab a couple times and get stabbed, while giving them enough stamina to last another couple minute loop. 

Even as a counselor I got bored looping a lot of times(depending on who Jason was). 

2 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

It isnt just your looping, or anyone specifics. You were just one of 2 people I can think of that were so good at it I hated going through the routine.

It was the fact that it gets to the point in a game where its clear people have escaped or objectives wont get fixed. From there all that is left is survival. And if someone is loaded with items, and right perks, it wasn't difficult for them.

So its not anyone's fault for trying to survive. Problem was it was so easy and moreso it was redundant. Jason walks entirely too slow. Door close, break winodws. Smash door down, since if you age in you either step in a trap or have someone waiting fornfree stun hit on the other side. They have 2-4 pocket sprays and a pocket knife or two. So either slash down so much only to watch them heal, or grab a couple times and get stabbed, while giving them enough stamina to last another couple minute loop. 

Even as a counselor I got bored looping a lot of times(depending on who Jason was). 

I can dig all of that. If the other person is who I think it is, I feel your pain. 

I'm really glad that we as counselors now have to survive by more than a few items and perks. As we discussed in game lobby, it would be nice if firecrackers* and flare guns worked as well as the shotgun and sweater.

* @Super Ty forgot that firecrackers did fuckall, and it let me grab him. While hilarious, I do think that single use items should still work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Risinggrave said:

I haven't done the bat in the face door stuns since they redid the grab. Post-May'18 patch it's all been with flares or the shotgun.

Plus, you know my NEW favorite routine is to just run throughout the cabin, closing every door behind me. It's not a winnable strategy by any means, but my previous record is looping a Jason over 2 minutes with it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I haven't done the bat in the face door stuns since they redid the grab. Post-May'18 patch it's all been with flares or the shotgun.

Plus, you know my NEW favorite routine is to just run throughout the cabin, closing every door behind me. It's not a winnable strategy by any means, but my previous record is looping a Jason over 2 minutes with it.

The closing doors thing is about the same to me, but not quite as funny. It's all a Scooby routine. My favorite was when you pulled that on me, and later when Gonzo tried to copy your tactic, he learned the hard way I had already broken down all the interior doors. 

• Haha 1

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 7:34 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

The intent of the game was not to bully Jason.

But it sure was a lot of fun putting all those knots on his head. It was so entertaining and action packed. Just admit it. You know damn good and well you had a ton of laughs too. Everyone did. it was a blast!

18 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

The closing doors thing is about the same to me, but not quite as funny. It's all a Scooby routine. My favorite was when you pulled that on me, and later when Gonzo tried to copy your tactic, he learned the hard way I had already broken down all the interior doors. 

You mean this?

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/thatguyinktown/gif/thoselinearchamois

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

That's great!

The sad thing, was, I never got to see the point of view as Jason. Did the comic timing of closing the door AGAIN play as well as the Jason side, too?

Also, I learned about Jason's new grab, the spring loaded boxing glove, with the engine upgrade trying to do my door stun against Sherlock. It was pretty much the fastest hes gotten me lol

18 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

The sad thing, was, I never got to see the point of view as Jason. Did the comic timing of closing the door AGAIN play as well as the Jason side, too?

Also, I learned about Jason's new grab, the spring loaded boxing glove, with the engine upgrade trying to do my door stun against Sherlock. It was pretty much the fastest hes gotten me lol

That is a shame. 

Git gud1!

That is a shame. 

Git gud1!

That's when I learned I had to switch over to projectiles.

Which now means I'm going to have to hang on to the shotgun until rage. I should do it like a Kenny who's got a hard-on for good gun safety rules.

Kenny: Even though we are in a life-or-death situation right now, there is no need to point a loaded gun at our fellow counselors. Now I know in this costume, you may be less inclined to believe me, but firearm safety is always cool.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

That's when I learned I had to switch over to projectiles.

Which now means I'm going to have to hang on to the shotgun until rage. I should do it like a Kenny who's got a hard-on for good gun safety rules

"Kenny, shoot Jason!" 

"No." 

"Wha? Why not!?" 

"It's not safe." said as you hop out a window, leaving some poor slow LaChoppa or A.J. to die.

1 minute ago, Risinggrave said:

"Kenny, shoot Jason!" 

"No." 

"Wha? Why not!?" 

"It's not safe." said as you hop out a window, leaving some poor slow LaChoppa or A.J. to die.

"It's not safe, for me, I mean."

And a pragmatic coward, too. I love it!

17 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

"It's not safe, for me, I mean."

And a pragmatic coward, too. I love it!

What's funny is that running Jason near other slower counselors in an effort to outlast the clock may be an even more viable tactic. 

Don't be that Deb who got left behind in the car! 

Oh, and also on the door stuns, was it funnier when I did it as Mitch?