Dragonfire82877

To everyone complaining that Jason is too OP now

5 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Perfect response to anyone complaining about how the new Jason buff contradicts events in the films.

THIS IS NOT A DAMN MOVIE RE ENACTMENT. You can make this argument for EVERY single video game in the world..

• Thanks 1

I've never seen a Jason enter Rage in the first 3 minutes of a match.

Without anyone engaging Jason it's about 12 minutes.

I've gotten there in about 8 before at the fastest. 

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

The early and mid game can be adjusted after we see what new meta develops, I actually think this patch made Jason weaker against anyone who plays to escape and does strategically timed combat. Everyone can get away long before Jason has rage. Regardless I’m enjoying it for now, even though I see potential for it to be crippling to Jason in the long run. 

lol. sure. I like how you and anyone else who wants Jason to always win tries to say its fair when its not and lie through their teeth lol

9 minutes ago, Jen901 said:

have fun killing noobs

I have fun killing everyone..

Not that it matters.. Since i enjoy playing as counsellor too.  I prefer not being able to beat Jason silly all match long..

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jen901 said:

THIS IS NOT A DAMN MOVIE RE ENACTMENT. You can make this argument for EVERY single video game in the world..

Except that the devs made this game to reenact the films. It was meant to mirror the franchise. In their own words during development. They even said Jason is SUPPOSED to always win. 

26 minutes ago, Jen901 said:

lol. sure. I like how you and anyone else who wants Jason to always win tries to say its fair when its not and lie through their teeth lol

Are you on PS4, because if you are and a few members want to get together, I can prove it to you.

I’m not lying, I just see things differently than you and am looking not just at how the game is being played but how it has the potential to be played. Currently nothing in the early and mid game is different other than, you are discouraged from hitting Jason as it will initiate the end game early. This means that only Part 2 is equipped to deal with a hard objective push and any other Jason can be made to look silly.

I enjoy playing Jason but actually prefer Counselor play, you can go through my history if you don’t believe me.

• Like 1

I think it's a really good move by the devs to make these changes imo. Adds bit more pressure for counselors, I like it. 

• Thanks 1

@dandop1984 I have been saying for a long time that Stalk needs to be a toggle like Sense where you can manage the meter yourself more. 

If Jason were able to close doors and was in stalk it would create more jump scares when they get trapped.

Jason also needs better access to block. On Xbox it can be a clunky switch over that takes a couple seconds. If thumbsticks are worn in a bit its often a struggle getting a proper switch to combat stance as is.

I have also heard good suggestions of a multiple swing attack. After all, we all emphasize him being a brutal, hulking killer and such. Yet he can only take one swing and leave himself open? What about a charged attack? 

I like the idea of less stuns to him in rage, but a) that affects the latter half of the game when its pretty decided how it will play out b) it makes certain perks, firecrackers and some characters near pointless(there goes playing random)

1 hour ago, Jen901 said:

Seriously.

I love this update! Finally Jason is no longer a joke!!!! Been playing since beta day 1.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jen901 said:

If you had looked into any of the discussions that led to this patch you would know how your statement here actually sounds. No one wanted an invincible Jason. What was desired was a solution to the piñata parties... and to actually make Jason difficult to kill as it was intended to be. Jason has been a joke for far too long... and so far, this patch has done what was it was intended to do. It has boldly frustrated a great many trolls in a way they never thought would happen... for this reason alone, the patch is a success. 
    And the river of troll tears was predictable.
   And... you can still kill Jason... which does not make him invincible... you just have to do it before rage hits. But if you want to use Jason as a piñata for the first half of the match, you will no longer be able to kill him... Like the old saying goes... You can't have your cake and eat it too. The Jason kill has successfully been made difficult (but not impossible)... patch successful.

Also... calling @Slasher_Clone a liar is not going to earn you ANY respect around here.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Did you not understand why I have a problem with this change? It was mainly because it doesn't help Jason in the early to mid game. It doesn't fix the actual flaws in the game. I find the being unstoppable in rage annoying but I'll live with it.

what do you mean it doesn't help Jason early the counselors have to move now they just can't sit around for twenty minutes anymore 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

what do you mean it doesn't help Jason early the counselors have to move now they just can't sit around for twenty minutes anymore 

It doesn't change anything until rage hits. All the things that allowed Jason to be smacked around are the same. All it did was shorten the clock for people to get out.

10 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

It doesn't change anything until rage hits. All the things that allowed Jason to be smacked around are the same. All it did was shorten the clock for people to get out.

What??? Jason can now hit multiple counselors at once. So they can’t team up anymore to troll him. 

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

What??? Jason can now hit multiple counselors at once. So they can’t team up anymore to troll him. 

We were talking about the rage change. Not the change to his swing. That is a fantastic addition. I doubt it'll be a big change as you have to be within the arc, but I do fully support it.

6 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Except that the devs made this game to reenact the films. It was meant to mirror the franchise. In their own words during development. They even said Jason is SUPPOSED to always win. 

But I have to say this. Jason doesn't win in any of the movies, except maybe FvJ, but even there, the teens in the movie kick his ass. There is ALWAYS a counselor or two standing in the end, and Jason is always "dead" at the end of the movies.

13 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I understand in the movies that a select few hurt Jason or temporarily killed him. Once they patch the bug preventing that to happen, the kill option will be there again. 

Lol again someone that doesn't understand the mechanics of the game. You and everyone else that thinks Jason is OP now or has massive balls as @HuDawg put it, will be right back here complaining about how Jason dies every match and is in fact weaker than he was before. They did absolutely nothing to make him stronger except glitch the kill in rage. In fact they made it easier to kill him. You're just missing the bigger picture...

@Somethin Cool, when did I ever imply that I thought Jadon was OP? I understand the mechanics of the game perfectly fine. I also assure you I will not be back here crying once the kill sequence gets reinstated in the game. 

Just now, Dragonfire82877 said:

@Somethin Cool, when did I ever imply that I thought Jadon was OP? I understand the mechanics of the game perfectly fine. I also assure you I will not be back here crying once the kill sequence gets reinstated in the game. 

Lol I'll remember you said that...

8 hours ago, SirMang said:

Prior to the update I swear it took more than 15 minutes in one match. Is that possible? I have no evidence but it seemed to take forever because I was chasing a Chad that was stunning me with every hit, stunning me with every door I raged through, and multiple traps. It really seemed like I got rage only a few minutes before the two minute warning. I finally got him, and killed the last counselor shortly after but I was getting a little impatient near the end waiting for my rage. 

17 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

You have roughly the first 8-10 minutes of the match to make repairs to the cars and boat. Get a call off to the cops and allow the timer to start counting down. Everyone complaining about Jason be invincible after rage are more than likely the players that only want to knock Jason on his ass and dance. You can still do that for the first half of the match. 

Everyone saying it has broken the game for counselors obviously hasn’t been playing the game as it was intended to be played. Escape options are still there. After they fix the bug preventing Jason to be brought to his knees during the sweater stun, the kill option is still there. 

I’ve played over 15 matches since the update. Players have escaped in all but 3 matches that I have played, and two of those matches, we were all dead before rage. 

And as a side note, Jason needs to be a little OP in the grand scheme of things (although I don’t think he is in his current state). You are trespassing at his camp and he blames you for his mother’s death. Jason is the main character of Friday the 13th, and he’s a killer. 

Everyone by now should be aware that Jason being invincible is just a bug. Once it is fixed, I'd like to see where the patch takes us before any more changes are made. Every time we get a new patch, the play styles change slightly. I'd like to see what kinds of changes come from this patch.

15 hours ago, HuDawg said:

After having is balls removed last year.   Jason finally has his balls back...and to be honest his balls are bigger than ever.

I haven't had this much fun playing this game.. In a very long time.    And I haven't even got to be Jason yet..

It's been a very interesting experience so far.

11 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

If you think Jason is OP, you haven't played the new Resident Evil 2.

I'm playing RE2 the Remake, and I love every second of it.

8 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

In the past I have created similar threads in hopes of "calming people down" and making them think of what is going on. People overreact often and my point is there is no need for it. So again, sorry if it seemed an attack on you.

Someone has to try and calm the people down. Emotions are running high on here at the moment.

8 hours ago, Jen901 said:

Maybe for the videos games in the world based on movies, but that's about it.

8 hours ago, SirMang said:

I always thought it was 10 minutes into the match. I guess not.

8 hours ago, Jen901 said:

I missed the comment where someone wanted Jason to win every match. Would you mind pointing it out?

3 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

They can team up, but it wouldn't be advised.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

The game is called Friday the 13th, not Counselor Dance Dance Revolution. 

It's going to be called Friday the 13th: Jason's dead  when they fix the glitch... 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

You have roughly the first 8-10 minutes of the match to make repairs to the cars and boat. Get a call off to the cops and allow the timer to start counting down. Everyone complaining about Jason be invincible after rage are more than likely the players that only want to knock Jason on his ass and dance. You can still do that for the first half of the match. 

Everyone saying it has broken the game for counselors obviously hasn’t been playing the game as it was intended to be played. Escape options are still there. After they fix the bug preventing Jason to be brought to his knees during the sweater stun, the kill option is still there. 

I’ve played over 15 matches since the update. Players have escaped in all but 3 matches that I have played, and two of those matches, we were all dead before rage. 

And as a side note, Jason needs to be a little OP in the grand scheme of things (although I don’t think he is in his current state). You are trespassing at his camp and he blames you for his mother’s death. Jason is the main character of Friday the 13th, and he’s a killer. 

Agreed, and if you're good at juking you can still run circles around most Jason's. I've seen it multiple times and have done it. And I suck at juking lol. Hint: Hitting Jason makes him rage faster. I've been Jason and have hit rage at the 12 min mark. I've also not gotten it until the 8 min mark. Don't hit him so much and you won't have to deal with it. Taking his mask off doesn't take that many hits, 4-5. Rage takes three times that. Depends on the weapon used.

Anyway this argument is moot. The patch is a resounding success by the majority of the voices here. Jason is finally a beast again and will stay that way. You are just going to have to get used to it, adapt your play or find another game. It will be a shame to lose you but if you want easy trolling don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

• Like 1