Dragonfire82877

To everyone complaining that Jason is too OP now

You have roughly the first 8-10 minutes of the match to make repairs to the cars and boat. Get a call off to the cops and allow the timer to start counting down. Everyone complaining about Jason be invincible after rage are more than likely the players that only want to knock Jason on his ass and dance. You can still do that for the first half of the match. 

Everyone saying it has broken the game for counselors obviously hasn’t been playing the game as it was intended to be played. Escape options are still there. After they fix the bug preventing Jason to be brought to his knees during the sweater stun, the kill option is still there. 

I’ve played over 15 matches since the update. Players have escaped in all but 3 matches that I have played, and two of those matches, we were all dead before rage. 

And as a side note, Jason needs to be a little OP in the grand scheme of things (although I don’t think he is in his current state). You are trespassing at his camp and he blames you for his mother’s death. Jason is the main character of Friday the 13th, and he’s a killer. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

You have roughly the first 8-10 minutes of the match to make repairs to the cars and boat. Get a call off to the cops and allow the timer to start counting down. Everyone complaining about Jason be invincible after rage are more than likely the players that only want to knock Jason on his ass and dance. You can still do that for the first half of the match. 

Everyone saying it has broken the game for counselors obviously hasn’t been playing the game as it was intended to be played. Escape options are still there. After they fix the bug preventing Jason to be brought to his knees during the sweater stun, the kill option is still there. 

I’ve played over 15 matches since the update. Players have escaped in all but 3 matches that I have played, and two of those matches, we were all dead before rage. 

And as a side note, Jason needs to be a little OP in the grand scheme of things (although I don’t think he is in his current state). You are trespassing at his camp and he blames you for his mother’s death. Jason is the main character of Friday the 13th, and he’s a killer. 

I don't think this proves anything, your message simply seems to suggest that you believe escaping to be the real way to play the game.

I do respect and value your opinion and let me add something: to suggest that escaping should be the default option, IS NOT CONSISTENT with the film canon, one of the main ways to escape Jason is to defeat him or hurt him badly.

Ginny hurts Jason badly and survives, Chris axes him and leaves him down for the count, Tommy and Trish finally kill him, Tommy and the others kill Roy at the end of the film.

This is consistent in most of the films, the way to survive Jason is, mostly, to beat him. Right now this is NOT POSSIBLE when raging, be this a glitch or whatever but thanks to this patch this option has been ruined.

There are basically 4 ways to win as a counselor:

1 escape by boat/car

2 escape with the police

3 survive the night (and you can achieve this by hiding and running, or by fighting Jason)

4 defeat Jason

These options are present in the game, so I am afraid they are all "as it was intended to be played"

What this patch does is to render impossible the fight part of option 3 and remove option 4 when Jason is raging.

This patch is the equivalent of preventing you to use the phone box after Jason rages, it is simply unbalanced and it punishes players who play legally.

(and not everybody who attacks Jason is a nasty person who likes to dance and mock Jason all the time)

The only solution is to remove the patch while the devs give Jason a proper buff BUT this buff cannot be INVINCIBILiTY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

After having is balls removed last year.   Jason finally has his balls back...and to be honest his balls are bigger than ever.

I haven't had this much fun playing this game.. In a very long time.    And I haven't even got to be Jason yet..

• Like 2

@nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co, you want to talk about canon? Show me in a film where a group of counselors gathered around Jason and kept knocking him down over and over again. 

I understand in the movies that a select few hurt Jason or temporarily killed him. Once they patch the bug preventing that to happen, the kill option will be there again. 

The intent of the game was not to bully Jason. Jason should be a feared killer that once in rage shouldn’t be able to be hurt unless the counselors are able to pull off the kill. 

I also respect your opinions, and I know not all counselors hit Jason with the intent on dancing in front of him. But most of the ones crying about this update are infact the ones that are now handicapped because they can’t glitch or beat down Jason in groups. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co, you want to talk about canon? Show me in a film where a group of counselors gathered around Jason and kept knocking him down over and over again. 

I understand in the movies that a select few hurt Jason or temporarily killed him. Once they patch the bug preventing that to happen, the kill option will be there again. 

The intent of the game was not to bully Jason. Jason should be a feared killer that once in rage shouldn’t be able to be hurt unless the counselors are able to pull off the kill. 

I also respect your opinions, and I know not all counselors hit Jason with the intent on dancing in front of him. But most of the ones crying about this update are infact the ones that are now handicapped because they can’t glitch or beat down Jason in groups. 

I never said I want big groups of people to beat on Jason, I  am ok with Jason being able to defeat counselors and being superior to them. I am ok with Jason being who he was at the beginning of the game.

What I am not ok is for Jason to be invincible, many of the Jasons in canon are not invincible, all the human Jasons are strong and tough but they can be taken down. Undead Jason is more powerful at the beginning of the film and he can be defeated at the end.

I am not about trolling and disrespecting and a lot of Jason hunters are like me, not everyone is a nasty mean player.

Anyway thank you for your opinion :)

• Thanks 1

To me it's that he's op that's the problem. My problem is their fix doesn't actually fix the issue. They should have given him the tools to defend himself and kill counselors. Not give him tank mode. I dislike this change from both sides of play.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Perfect response to anyone complaining about how the new Jason buff contradicts events in the films.

3 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

To me it's that he's op that's the problem. My problem is their fix doesn't actually fix the issue. They should have given him the tools to defend himself and kill counselors. Not give him tank mode. I dislike this change from both sides of play.

you must be an awful counselor then had no issues surviving last night 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

you must be an awful counselor then had no issues surviving last night 

Did you not understand why I have a problem with this change? It was mainly because it doesn't help Jason in the early to mid game. It doesn't fix the actual flaws in the game. I find the being unstoppable in rage annoying but I'll live with it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I am fairly critical of the patch update, I don’t think such a buff to Jason was needed and I’ve seen the “players complaining are more than likely kill teams/trolls” and I might be one of the outlaying players that isn’t, I try to escape by any and all means necessary as my preferred counsellor is AJ, fix/repair/escape by cars, boat, coppers or even survive the night.

Ive played a few matches since the patch and where as I did escape it has to be said more people did leave within the 10 - 12 minute mark which did leave one counsellor left to survive. It also has to be said that I witnessed what I believe to be Jason teamers finding him and swamping him with attacks to get the rage up early.

I said in another post that this patch has put the shoe on the other foot, from counsellors saying to poor/average Jason’s to “git gud” to poor/average Jason’s saying “git gud”. I have no doubt it is remarkably hard to strike a balance in a small community which is very vocal when it’s unhappy but I can understand why they did it, amongst complaints of Jason being weak (and kill teams) this also brings back (hopefully) a lot of players who left when Jason lost his balls.

Much like with all changes of the game I’ll still play and still try my utmost to win, but with RE2 remake out taking up most of my game time, I won’t be stepping back into Crystal Lake until I’m done with Raccoon City.

5 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I don't think this proves anything, your message simply seems to suggest that you believe escaping to be the real way to play the game.

It seems to me that it's the game developers and the publisher who believe escaping is the primary way to play the game... 

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Did you not understand why I have a problem with this change? It was mainly because it doesn't help Jason in the early to mid game. It doesn't fix the actual flaws in the game. I find the being unstoppable in rage annoying but I'll live with it.

The early and mid game can be adjusted after we see what new meta develops, I actually think this patch made Jason weaker against anyone who plays to escape and does strategically timed combat. Everyone can get away long before Jason has rage. Regardless I’m enjoying it for now, even though I see potential for it to be crippling to Jason in the long run. 

• Thanks 1

My opinion here is that the buff doesn't improve combat at all, excluding swing doing equal damage in AoE. Jason can still be teamed up against and killed fairly easily in the first half of the match. 

Yes, escaping in the first 8-10 minutes is the same. What about after he was wiped counselors out and you are trying to get the car started again? For those arguing "escaping is the same", yes and no. It is at first. However, how many times have you looped the clock out? Its not as feasible now without being able to stun and gain stamina. In a lobby where everyone is wiped out early, this was your best chance of survival. So one meand of surviving, as everyone is pointing out, is nearly taken away.

I think people are single-minded and hostile towards people being upset about this. Remember, people paid for the game and should enjoy it as they see fit. Are people that just want to fight and run helpful in escaping? Not really, other than they play distractions for you to accomplish things. Or you yourself can be the distraction. Now that role is out so Chads and Bugzys are less viable options in team strategy(though most were just trolls and I acknowledge that). 

I think this entire thread is just a heated argument and complaining about complainers. Come up with productive ideas to improve the game instead of being upset with other people's opinions. Some people are certainly overboard with their frustrations, but let them vent. They have a right to voice their opinion. 

I didnt have much issue surviving last night myself. Mainly because I am an objective player so it makes sense for my playstyle. That doesn't mean some of the fun for other players and their money's worth should be taken away. I heard a lot of complaints and saw drastic increase in quitters last night. That isn't a good thing for a nesrly 2 year ols, buggy game. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Remember, people paid for the game and should enjoy it as they see fit.

And the developers are free to balance their game to be more in line with their original intent and vision. 

5 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

And the developers are free to balance their game to be more in line with their original intent and vision. 

Correct, they absolutely are. Never said they weren't. I am saying no need to complain about people complaining without offering productive solutions. Its counter intuitive and creates hateful environments. 

I wrote my rebuttle on why this change isn't the best in my opinion. Or a way to think outside the box of why "players should play this way", but the other playstyles do actually benefit them. 

Moreso my post was "quit being upset and let people play how they want. After all, they paid for it too". This same type of thread is posted after every update. People starting a new thread to hate on people complaining. Next will be a thread created combating that. Its a silly cycle. 

As for the balancing, maybe there are better ways to balance it? After all, people have illustrated how at the beginning, combat and escaping is little to no different, so how did Jason receive a buff there? Is that an improvement in balance then?

Thanks for your contribution and no need to defend anyone or misconstrue my posts. Apologies if you were somehow upset with my ideas and opinions.

Jason needs to be OP

The average player becomes to good at playing counsellors simply because the way the selection process is designed. More hours as a counselor means more time to develop the skill needed to survive.

We needed this patch a year ago, but I’m happy it’s hear.

I don’t find it fun surviving every single match. I welcome the challenge of surviving and even killing an extremely OP Jason

I hope more buffs are given to Jason

stalk needs a buff. Minimize Jason’s Music radius, and please remove Jason from the minimap.

Jason is supposed to be OP. VERY OP. Trying to fight him is supposed to result in death. That’s how it should be. That’s how it was always meant to be. And now it’s finally getting better. If you ever wanted a game where you can actually go toe to toe with Jason and legitimately have a chance, this game is not for you. And neither are the films. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

This same type of thread is posted after every update. People starting a new thread to hate on people complaining.

Seeing as I was the one that started this thread, I can honestly say that this thread was not started to hate on anyone. Since the patch came out, I have seen several people saying they broke the game. It’s not just individuals here on this forum I’m speaking of either. My intent of this thread was to try and explain that just because Jason becomes invincible after rage, there are still “win” situations for the counselors, but if you spend your time ganging up on Jason, all you’re going to do is unleash the beast.

I understand the whole concept of combat for stamina, and there are several players that used that so others could complete objectives. You still can, if you do it early on. 

I wasn’t  trying to knock anyone’s play style, unless it’s troll behavior. I also agree that people did purchase this game, and they should be able to enjoy it however they want. But several people purchased this game and wasn’t enjoying it because there was a constant gangbang happening on them when they were Jason.

I’m not saying the buffs they did were the right way to go. I am however going to continue playing the game and see what the future holds. 

• Thanks 1

I've been very harsh towards this game in the recent months, but this is the absolute best decision that has been made for this game. Hopefully this keeps trolls from dancing at the exits near the end of the match; or at the very least, hampers their stupid dance parties.

9 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

You have roughly the first 8-10 minutes of the match to make repairs to the cars and boat.

Wrong. a good Jason will enter rage mode quick because they will go after. Good counselors will be PUNISHED for combating with Jason now

more like 3 minutes if the counselors are good

9 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

You can still do that for the first half of the match. 

wrong. Against good counselors who combat. More like 2-3 minutes

7 hours ago, HuDawg said:

After having is balls removed last year.   Jason finally has his balls back...and to be honest his balls are bigger than ever.

I haven't had this much fun playing this game.. In a very long time.    And I haven't even got to be Jason yet..

have fun killing noobs

5 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Seeing as I was the one that started this thread, I can honestly say that this thread was not started to hate on anyone. Since the patch came out, I have seen several people saying they broke the game. It’s not just individuals here on this forum I’m speaking of either. My intent of this thread was to try and explain that just because Jason becomes invincible after rage, there are still “win” situations for the counselors, but if you spend your time ganging up on Jason, all you’re going to do is unleash the beast.

I understand the whole concept of combat for stamina, and there are several players that used that so others could complete objectives. You still can, if you do it early on. 

I wasn’t  trying to knock anyone’s play style, unless it’s troll behavior. I also agree that people did purchase this game, and they should be able to enjoy it however they want. But several people purchased this game and wasn’t enjoying it because there was a constant gangbang happening on them when they were Jason.

I’m not saying the buffs they did were the right way to go. I am however going to continue playing the game and see what the future holds. 

Thank you for that response! That was well articulated and I appreciate where you are coming from.

In the past I have created similar threads in hopes of "calming people down" and making them think of what is going on. People overreact often and my point is there is no need for it. So again, sorry if it seemed an attack on you.

Its a trend I noticed on here over a year ago and sorry that it does seem like I singled this one out. 

Like any major update, it takes time for us to all play through the struggles and develop a new playstyle and adapt to change. 

Also, I am aware of how frustrating other people's gameplay can be and how it affects our entertainment from the game. I hate it too honestly, but there really isnt anything we can do about it. In my opinion, though this does push towards fixing objectives, it also punishes those of us who survive for a while with bad teammates still. 

I am sure the Xbox Thuraday the 12th group will still have no issues escaping. They have always pushed objectives. Thing is, how did Jason gain any momentum early on? None. So for those saying it helps with the balance, no it doesnt. It prevents more Jason kills. If people want to just fight Jason then quit once they know they are going to die, they will still do that. Only now if someone runs off with fuse and a set of keys, you are absolutely screwed and can't defend yourself much once he hits Rage. 

@Jen901 that is a bit drastic. If people are beating Jason up, then yes he gets to rage faster. Just means dont hit him as much and run away, which is part of the point of this patch. 

5 minutes ago, Jen901 said:

Wrong. a good Jason will enter rage mode quick because they will go after. Good counselors will be PUNISHED for combating with Jason now

more like 3 minutes if the counselors are good

No. Not good. Stupid. Only a stupid counselor would actively seek out Jason. And now they’re punished for their stupidity. 

• Like 2