How do you feel about this patch?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about this patch?

• I like it as it is. Jason's back!
    • It's not bad. One or two adjustments need to be made.
    • It could be better. The counselors are really hurting at the moment.
    • It sucks. Survival is next to impossible.
    • Meh, I don't care either way.

On 2/1/2019 at 8:23 PM, CountYorgaVampir said:

I like it, but I do think that firecrackers should still work because even though they stun they are more for defensive purposes than offensive. They’re technically items, not weapons. 

Honestly? I agree, I also think that firecrackers and the flare gun should still stun Jason even during Rage.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Well maybe you should try playing quick play with strangers instead of a private match with the same people and you will here a lot more complaints, you can just say you like the patch instead of lying you know.

I do go into quick play with strangers, but at this point... I have played with a great many people that have had the game for a while... many times... I can remember their names... but not everyone I see is on my friends list either. I still run into plenty of strangers that I have no idea if they are any good at the game or not... and sometimes I actually talk to people.
    Although I am not often alone, many times I only have one friend with me. Sometimes (VERY rarely) I have enough friends online to fill a lobby... and sometimes (even rarer) I actually mange to fill a lobby with friends, but the full lobby never lasts for long.... People do come and go, and not everyone has the time to spend hours at a time playing this or any other game. So with that point, and the fact that most of my friends do not like the team killing that comes with private matches... I never bother with them. But I imagine the option to turn rain off is nice.
     More often than not, I have no more than three friends with me. That gives me four randoms per match... and when I play, it is generally for four to six hours... which multiplies the number of randoms I see in a day of matches to a fairly large number... even if I have four friend and reduce the average number of randoms to three... it still gets to a large number by the time I am done for the night... if you understand how to do math.
    And sorry to tell you... I am not lying. I call it like I see it... and there is an old saying... "The truth hurts", which I think applies here. And another old saying.... "Me thinks thou doth protestith too much."
   Accusing someone of lying is not very nice, but it is a typical response from someone that does not like when the truth is pointed out to them... and is trying to avoid a question they cannot answer... So I will ask again... How did that work?

@Fair Play I believe I answered your question somewhere in my response to the "gentleman?" above.

Also... I do not have a single friend that agrees with me on every point about anything, nor do I agree with every point they make about anything... Yet I have not talked to a friend that plays this game that has complained about the patch yet either. I will let you know if that changes... because their opinions count too, be they for or against. Up until this point, I was not really considering them in this, until now... I am not sure what the difference between playing with forty friends or forty strangers would really be... all of their opinions are still their own opinions.

A "godlike" buff to Jason as many people are calling it should translate into literally zero people escaping in EVERY match played by anyone, and from what I have seen with more randoms, or less randoms and all randoms in a match is lower kill counts for Jason players happening more often. I have also seen at least one Jason kill and it was pulled off quite easily by the randoms in the lobby with me... I did not participate in it, I was watching from spectate after escaping... with a carload of randoms. One of whom helped me repair the car.

22 hours ago, Kodiak said:

I meant other abilities shouldn't trigger the effect whilst stalk is active :) So use stalk, video effect triggers, other abilities then don't trigger the effect until stalk is no longer active.

Now I get you... But I see a lot of Jason players using stalk in the way you were describing, and no other ways. Its always good to change things up and catch players off guard. They should never underestimate the sneakiness.
   But I do like your idea... It would appear as a morph or shift each time it is used and not give away the second (or third) ability use... unless they could see you on the mini map when you went into stalk... then its a dead giveaway you are in stalk. This could lead to a drastic increase in jump scares and potential heart attacks. I like it... the jump scares I mean... the heart attacks, I don't like those quite as much.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

@Fair Play I believe I answered your question somewhere in my response to the "gentleman?" above.

Also... I do not have a single friend that agrees with me on every point about anything, nor do I agree with every point they make about anything... Yet I have not talked to a friend that plays this game that has complained about the patch yet either. I will let you know if that changes... because their opinions count too, be they for or against. Up until this point, I was not really considering them in this, until now... I am not sure what the difference between playing with forty friends or forty strangers would really be... all of their opinions are still their own opinions.

A "godlike" buff to Jason as many people are calling it should translate into literally zero people escaping in EVERY match played by anyone, and from what I have seen with more randoms, or less randoms and all randoms in a match is lower kill counts for Jason players happening more often. I have also seen at least one Jason kill and it was pulled off quite easily by the randoms in the lobby with me... I did not participate in it, I was watching from spectate after escaping... with a carload of randoms. One of whom helped me repair the car.

You certainly did answer my question, and quite well I might add. Keep me posted on how future conversations regarding the patch with your friends turn out.

I agree on friends. You will never completely agree with them 100%. If that does happen, one might be humoring another with their views..

@Fair Play I went into quick play after that last post and just came out about half an hour ago... took a short break for dinner in there too... but my point is... I invited no one and took no invites. Not one complaint from anyone... even the guy who told me how he hasn't played in over a year... so I told him what changed. "Well, that's cool." was his reply. He ended up distracting Jason (voluntarily) so I could get out on the boat and he died... while I escaped. Who says no one can understand teamwork in quick play.
   Being completely honest... there was no one from my friend list on to invite anyway... it happens... I still play. I just prefer to play with friends.

Still low kill counts for Jason in almost every match. I managed to get 8 of 8 once myself... but it would have been 4 of 8 if the driver didn't decide to screw around after I missed the car the first time. I do not miss the car very often... and I use Part 4 and his damnably slow shift. They wanted to fight at the car... which did not go well for counselors before this patch, so I still saw not difference in fighting four people. They did not even bunch up enough for me to hit more than one at a time... and I did not enter rage until there was only one left.
    One day... some day... I might see the difference. It is still only a few days since the patch.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

@Fair Play I went into quick play after that last post and just came out about half an hour ago... took a short break for dinner in there too... but my point is... I invited no one and took no invites. Not one complaint from anyone... even the guy who told me how he hasn't played in over a year... so I told him what changed. "Well, that's cool." was his reply. He ended up distracting Jason (voluntarily) so I could get out on the boat and he died... while I escaped. Who says no one can understand teamwork in quick play.
   Being completely honest... there was no one from my friend list on to invite anyway... it happens... I still play. I just prefer to play with friends.

Still low kill counts for Jason in almost every match. I managed to get 8 of 8 once myself... but it would have been 4 of 8 if the driver didn't decide to screw around after I missed the car the first time. I do not miss the car very often... and I use Part 4 and his damnably slow shift. They wanted to fight at the car... which did not go well for counselors before this patch, so I still saw not difference in fighting four people. They did not even bunch up enough for me to hit more than one at a time... and I did not enter rage until there was only one left.
    One day... some day... I might see the difference. It is still only a few days since the patch.

Thanks for keeping me in the loop. It's good to hear that complaints are nil on your end. I suspect the same holds true for others here as well.

What was for dinner by the way?

@Body desu I know who you are. Would you mind not cluttering good topics with your spam?

14 minutes ago, Body desu said:

Ask the corrupt lazy mods to do something about it. You just ignore a core law problem here, while I’m spreading the annoying info and trying to disrupt the forum, so you being annoyed is my job done and the mods and admins failed existences fault.

I'm not annoyed. I'm more curious as to how picking a fight with the mods is accomplishing anything.

Just now, Body desu said:

I’m teaching them a lesson, all while potentially getting Matt to finally see some chaos and do something about them. I already sent Matt a message on 1 ac that he hasn’t had any time to read about this abuse

@mattshotcha is working on things to balance the game out. You shouldn't disturb him with your personal issues. He doesn't have anything to do with the mods. He's the one who keeps in touch with the Gun and Black Tower and passes word along about the game's feedback. Let's not make his job harder than it is.

13 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Thanks for keeping me in the loop. It's good to hear that complaints are nil on your end. I suspect the same holds true for others here as well.

What was for dinner by the way?

@Body desu I know who you are. Would you mind not cluttering good topics with your spam?

I am sure there will be legitimate complaints... Like the ease of getting the mask off with hits that don't stun after rage makes him unstunable… That one is counter productive to making the Jason kill more difficult. Particularly with Jason's block still messed up.
   Quite a few people think the firecrackers and flare gun should still stun him in rage. I am undecided on that one so far... still too early to jump to rash conclusions, and another balance patch is probably a way off anyway. People will adapt soon enough, and things will settle down... and hopefully, cooler heads will prevail. I still think this adjustment was a step in the right direction... and I have been seeing so few bugs lately. There are still some there of course, but I am not seeing hardly any.

For diner, Pizza... with no peppers. I hate peppers.

I don't know who that is... he only joined an hour ago... but this is not the first thread he has visited with the copied and pasted rant. It looks like he has been busy.

11 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Honestly? I agree, I also think that firecrackers and the flare gun should still stun Jason even during Rage.

I’m against the flaregun because it is used as a weapon. Firecrackers just create a defensive perimeter and lasts longer.

The flares should stun him and the firecrackers should also stun them in anger mode at least the firecrackers

Need Increase of HP

A quick lock is necessary

@Mattshotcha  Listen to our suggestions that will make the game better and better ☺️