Sign in to follow this  
ChaosZombies

New Update - Can’t Kill Jason?

I just went in a Private match with my friends to check out the new rage update and when we got Pamela’s sweater we attempted to kneel Jason with rage on. We couldn’t kneel him. We might’ve made a mistake, but I think Tommy should be able to kneel Jason in rage since he’s the “Hero”. 

Nope Jason, in rage mode, only gets stunned with a shotgun at this point with the patch change.

However, the shotgun won't make him kneel from sweater stun, never has.

Thus, once Jason has rage, he is unkillable.

21 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Nope Jason, in rage mode, only gets stunned with a shotgun at this point with the patch change.

However, the shotgun won't make him kneel from sweater stun, never has.

Thus, once Jason has rage, he is unkillable.

Interesting, I thought the patch notes said once in rage mode, Jason can only be stunned with a shotgun, AND the sweater?

6 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

Interesting, I thought the patch notes said once in rage mode, Jason can only be stunned with a shotgun, AND the sweater?

Right.

But there's no way to put Jason to his knees in sweater stun while in rage. 

9 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

That's what they said. It just isn't working. They said they're looking into it.

i hope its a bug, because not being able to kill jason during rage its too much. some players play mostly for killing jason and its almost impossible to demask and kill him before rage. its never my main focus but that being taken from teenagers is little sad. attemp to kill jason in rage mode is very risky on its own so it should be possible.

That has to be a design issue. The sweater should work

3 minutes ago, shodan said:

That has to be a design issue. The sweater should work

The sweater does work.

You just can't put Jason on his knees during the sweater stun if he has rage.

So it doesn’t work. It should be active sweater, then hit to knees, than “e” to kill. That doesn’t work?

Yeah, I think the “not being able to stun Jason in rage” is a little too much. Maybe make his stun resistance chance go up by 2x instead after rage?

1 minute ago, shodan said:

So it doesn’t work. It should be active sweater, then hit to knees, than “e” to kill. That doesn’t work?

There's no way to put him on his knees during sweater stun if Jason has rage.

There are two things that stun Jason while in rage.  Sweater Stun and Shotgun. 

Shotgun doesn't put Jason to his knees during the sweater stun, therefore there is no way to make him kneel if he has rage.

1 minute ago, SirMang said:

Shotgun doesn't put Jason to his knees during the sweater stun, therefore there is no way to make him kneel if he has rage.

Totally agree, that’s wrong.  If you start the sweater kill, and the mask is off, and the Jason is locked in sweater stun the he should be killable.

sidenote: on the patch discussion thread we had a conversation where the final girl should be allowed to bring Jason to his knees if he killed everyone, and there were no escapes, and no suicides. This was to setup the movie scenario where the final girl could kill Jason. 

Always thought it was a bit odd that getting Jason to his knees relied on stun chance. It's incredibly frustrating when you go for that kill, but random chance means that the weapon you use might not even get him to his knees at all.

When Jason is stunned by the sweater, anything that hits him should get him to his knees, IMHO - regardless of the amount of stun damage he takes.

• Like 1

Is it that important to be able to kill Jason all of a sudden? There are 3 objectives that can be done before Jason even gets Shift let alone rage so there is no need to kill him if you have a good team. I'll agree that making him unstunnable except for certain things once he gets rage is maybe a bit OP. I think an overall stun resistance increase across the board  and immunity after animations would have sufficed.I do like the fact that you can't get stunned raging through walls/doors, if anything that needs to stay if they revert this to any extent due to all the complaining so far. Something had to be done with piñata Jason. apparently this wasn't it judging by all the protesting.

43 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Is it that important to be able to kill Jason all of a sudden?

Imagine if the game had changed to say that you can't escape via the cops after Jason enters Rage. This is basically the same thing.

Killing him is a legitimate way to end the game, but in practice now it will become virtually impossible. Now, you'll need to:

1. Have two people die (other than by suicide - which is a good change) or escape.
2. Hit Jason exactly as much as you need to knock off his mask, and hope that this doesn't trigger Rage.
3. Have TJ and the SG do their thing before that ~10 minute mark.

I agree that killing Jason should be harder than it was pre-patch, but I don't think making him completely immune Post-Rage was the answer - nor do I think it was intended.

But killing him isn't necessary to end the game so why attempt it? I just had a match and I was Jason. I knock out the Tommy box first off and trapped it. They played smart used their pocket knives on the traps at the car so I was unaware they had both ready and going while I was busy killing someone and I'm no slouch Jason. I was being a bit careless not checking my map often enough and I main Part 2 so stopping both cars didn't happen and they were top notch drivers too. I was no where near rage either.

3 hours ago, SirMang said:

So he can tank counselor placed bear traps in rage now? Or do those still delay him too.

7 minutes ago, NightmareFuel said:

So he can tank counselor placed bear traps in rage now? Or do those still delay him too.

Bear traps will still have the same effect on Jason. 

39 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

But killing him isn't necessary to end the game so why attempt it? I just had a match and I was Jason. I knock out the Tommy box first off and trapped it. They played smart used their pocket knives on the traps at the car so I was unaware they had both ready and going while I was busy killing someone and I'm no slouch Jason. I was being a bit careless not checking my map often enough and I main Part 2 so stopping both cars didn't happen and they were top notch drivers too. I was no where near rage either.

That sounded like a pretty decent match.