In DbD if a killer is chasing one person for a period of time, the killer gains a "bloodlust" sort of perk where they move faster towards the survivor. 

Some of the buffs we are supposed to see may be a bit extreme(no stuns once in rage unless hit from a shotgun, making stun chance perks pointless, combat and strength characters useless, and firecrackers pointless halfway into the game). Instead to combat looping, if Jason has kept eyes on a particular counselor for an extended period of time, something like an increase of speed walking or increase in perks refreshing could help. 

• Like 1

Its nice to see Jason getting a buff... but complete stun immunity after rage may be a bit extreme. It may also cause the trolls to just push the piñata party earlier in game and quit after he hits rage. The patch still has not dropped, so I can't judge it yet... but certain things do seem predictable. We will still have to wait and see.

I like your idea of a temporary buff when a counselor is in sight for an extended time... How about their perks are nullified when close to Jason for too long? Or Jason's weapon swing and refresh speed are increased?

6 hours ago, Ahab said:

Its nice to see Jason getting a buff... but complete stun immunity after rage may be a bit extreme. It may also cause the trolls to just push the piñata party earlier in game and quit after he hits rage. The patch still has not dropped, so I can't judge it yet... but certain things do seem predictable. We will still have to wait and see.

I like your idea of a temporary buff when a counselor is in sight for an extended time... How about their perks are nullified when close to Jason for too long? Or Jason's weapon swing and refresh speed are increased?

That's are pretty good ideas there too. This could have even gone into a Jason perk branch. Let him equip "chase" perks that change some status, for example the "nullify perks" one. That idea may be a bit hard with Medic and such perks, but I like where its heading.

I mentioned in the patch chat that they could have done stuff like be able to block out of combat stance, add in a run charge attack or 180-360 swing for charging attack button. 

There are other ways to buff Jason than hand him near God Mode halfway in the game. 

Jason needed a buff, but its more in ways to defend himself and clowe the gap on loopers quicker, so speed somehow. 

24 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

That's are pretty good ideas there too. This could have even gone into a Jason perk branch. Let him equip "chase" perks that change some status, for example the "nullify perks" one. That idea may be a bit hard with Medic and such perks, but I like where its heading.

I mentioned in the patch chat that they could have done stuff like be able to block out of combat stance, add in a run charge attack or 180-360 swing for charging attack button. 

There are other ways to buff Jason than hand him near God Mode halfway in the game. 

Jason needed a buff, but its more in ways to defend himself and clowe the gap on loopers quicker, so speed somehow. 

Nullify could just cancel the extra med spray, thus... nullifying the medic perk until they get far enough away from Jason. People would cry though... but then again... people cry either way. Let them cry... we can buy them a towel for Christmas or something.

A charging attack would be awesome... Jason charging at a counselor with an axe could indeed be rather intimidating. Or holding the attack button to charge the swing for more power... and blocking out of combat would be great... if Jason could ever get into block quick enough. That slowed block is still killing me.

I played quite a few matches since the patch dropped this afternoon... and as I thought... it has done absolutely nothing to change my counselor playstyle. In fact, I think my escape ratio was actually a lot higher than normal. This "near god mode" for Jason does not help him catch or kill players that are not in his face... and being in his face should be dangerous anyway. It has not made it any harder to get his mask off... seen quite a few masks come off today. One popped off when Jason stepped in a bear trap... never seen that happen before... I thought it was strange that an ankle wound would force his mask off... My friends are not Jason hunters and we usually do not go for the kill (taking his mask is another matter)... but many Jason players had very low kill counts today.
    I only got to play one match as Jason... I did not even notice a difference. My preference was on Jason too... so it was odd that I only played him once. I was playing for quite a while.

In my opinion, the best buff they could give him to deal with loopers is more knives... Not to start with, but more to pick up from the regular places... and perhaps new spots... or a new knife will spawn after a few minutes where you grabbed one earlier. With thick skin and medic being used by so many players... there are not enough knives around the map. It also takes time to pick them up anyway which balances it out anyway... the clock is not on Jason's side and we all know how long it takes to gather a significant amount of knives.
   Quick throws are the easiest way to deal with loopers for me at least... when they see you aiming, they start moving in a way to make it more difficult to hit them. After I got good with quick throws, it has become very rare that a looper even causes me an issue.