Can we get a dev response if they will ever lift the 150 cap please?

• I love playing the game but also like to see/work on progress.  Currently players that are dedicated don't have much to work for.
  • Most games now have Prestige, or another method to show the time you put in.  It may be cool to have a logo that changes every time you hit a level by your name.
  • It helps pre-game understanding who may be good (or plays a lot).  You can't check rank if you get second screened or in-game, and sometimes it's a pain to check each name.  Not a big deal but much more important with the rage update.
  • I don't care about CP - I have the perks I need and enough CP to retire comfortably.
  • Badges are mostly complete beyond boat flip.  Same with achievements excluding the 1000 matches as Jason.  Again, a lot of dedicated players are in the same situation.

They addressed it in their stream. They will not be raising the level. Their reasoning is that to raise the cap would normally be due to new content that you can acquire with the higher level. For instance, the cap was originally at 100 but they raised it to 150 due to additional content like weapon swap at 113, new kills at levels 120-130 and so on. Since there is never going to be any more content for this game there is no reason to raise the cap. Think about it. What would raising the cap do? You don't gain anything by it. You still earn CP though to purchase perks.

The did say it could possibly be raise if they ever overhaul the perk system. That it would by tied to perks but that wasn't a promise or confirmation. They are still discussing the perk overhaul.

48 minutes ago, undrtkr said:

The did say it could possibly be raise if they ever overhaul the perk system. That it would by tied to perks but that wasn't a promise or confirmation. They are still discussing the perk overhaul.

Thanks, I missed part of the stream and wasn’t aware it came up. Wasn’t the perk overhaul only discussed in terms of rolling and rarity?

I’m going to go re-watch what I missed later but if you have a quick minute I’d like to know more.

Yes, as @undrtkr said, we would consider it if there's something to tie to it. Wes, in the Beyond stream, noted that the team is open to the possibility if it makes sense, and there is some way to tie it to an earned reward or something. But even then, it's not an immediate priority as we have other items to take care of first that have a larger impact on the experience.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Yes, as @undrtkr said, we would consider it if there's something to tie to it. Wes, in the Beyond stream, noted that the team is open to the possibility if it makes sense, and there is some way to tie it to an earned reward or something. But even then, it's not an immediate priority as we have other items to take care of first that have a larger impact on the experience.

Excellent, glad to hear it could happen. If it doesn’t it’s not a big deal, I am curious how much higher than the cap I am, XP wise. I like rewards though. 

Maybe it could be the way we finally unlock those strength and weaknesses buttons, lol, wishful thinking I know.

If only we could unlock customizable counselor stats. Sort of like NHL 12 when you progressed you could choose where you wanted the stats. X amount of levels equals an attribute point to spend. Consider your max level cap and max amount of points (as no one should be able to have Tommy stats strengths so subtract a specified amount, say 14 points so no more than 8 out of 10 all around.)

Though I inquired about that in the stream, I also(and have said before)think that raising the cap is kind of pointless(as Wes said in the stream). Though it is something to work towards, why? No benefit other than saying what level you are. It doesn't give you any more perks or Jason kills, abilities or cloths, or anything except a bragging right. Some people would probably already be 700 if they could.

@TheHansonGoons just something for progress.  Like I said I have pretty much everything else done and CP is useless.  With the lawsuit and possible no new content just a little carrot, and something that identifies long term players.  Also like I mentioned you would easily be able to tell the people that may be good or play a lot in the lobby.

@mattshotcha thanks for the response.  Glad to hear it's still on the table.

With the rage update, other ideas include:

• In addition to shotgun stun add a perk that has 1-2 shotgun shells that takes up a slot.
  • Enable fireworks (and/or flare) to stun (since it is a one-time use) and now pointless after rage.
  • Maybe make/mod a weapon that has a low chance to stun, and if it does it breaks.

Our concerns regarding rage is all objectives are effectively dead.  No way to start a car (especially if it is stopped), fix the fuse, and the boat with the start notification makes it pretty tough.  I love the Jason buff, but unless your with a team or get some randoms that actually know how to play/use mic's objectives will be even more nonexistent.  This may also increase Vanessa's, P2 mains, and speed looting, and rage quitting.  And if everyone starts using stam counselors repair goes down too, which in turn makes the game kite Jason or die.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plshelps said:

@TheHansonGoons just something for progress.  Like I said I have pretty much everything else done and CP is useless.  With the lawsuit and possible no new content just a little carrot, and something that identifies long term players.  Also like I mentioned you would easily be able to tell the people that may be good or play a lot in the lobby.

The level a player is at, just as how much time they've played the game, can both be false positives. I've seen low level players do quite well against capped players, and vice versa.

I have to agree with @TheHansonGoons on this. I think it would be awesome to see how much time people have put into this game. Getting rid of the cap doesn’t hurt anything but it does show how much play the game is getting by players to other players and ourselves. I have played this game for a total of 80 days and have been 150 since the end the last December when they raised the cap. I was also 101 for months before that and I’m curious as to what level I would be now if it never capped. Soon everyone that plays will be the capped 150 so it means nothing. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

I have to agree with @TheHansonGoons on this. I think it would be awesome to see how much time people have put into this game. Getting rid of the cap doesn’t hurt anything but it does show how much play the game is getting by players to other players and ourselves. I have played this game for a total of 80 days and have been 150 since the end the last December when they raised the cap. I was also 101 for months before that and I’m curious as to what level I would be now if it never capped. Soon everyone that plays will be the capped 150 so it means nothing. 

Well I am sitting on almost 5 million cp I've been 150 3 days after they released the cap to 150 cp is another way to show how long you've been playing 🤘🤘🤘🤘

• Like 1