im, from europe, poland. i couldnt use quick play since previous patch, now it works like a charm. i mean i started game, hit quick play and found match under 2 minutes, it worked very well. im stunned. stunned, get the joke? great job.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JackTV said:

What kind of Counselors go straight out of the gate to fight Jason lol? I’m sorry, but anyone who does that doesn’t know what they’re doing. 

Rage initiates faster if you’re damaging him, right? 

Stop trying to fight him. Swing if you have to, otherwise, get your objectives done and bounce. 

^This, exactly!^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Just saw the Jason mask flash on the mini-map, lol, this is insane. 

Did you also hear Pamela? They said in the stream that Pamela would laugh when Jason's rage is active.

4 minutes ago, BigJay said:

Did you also hear Pamela? They said in the stream that Pamela would laugh when Jason's rage is active.

No, there was no sound indicator. But the flashing red mask was very noticeable. Really wish Pamela’s laugh was there though  

Another thing I’ve noticed post patch, I’ve been in the same lobby now for 7 matches. Normally you would have gotten put back out to Quick Play by now. 

14 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

No, there was no sound indicator. But the flashing red mask was very noticeable. Really wish Pamela’s laugh was there though  

Another thing I’ve noticed post patch, I’ve been in the same lobby now for 7 matches. Normally you would have gotten put back out to Quick Play by now. 

Oh okay I think Wes said that you will hear Pamela when rage is active but I guess not. @mattshotcha did one of you guys say this would be included? Or am I just losing my marbles 😂

Maybe they removed getting put back to the main menu after a match? That would be a good thing if you are in a good lobby.

19 hours ago, JackTV said:

What kind of Counselors go straight out of the gate to fight Jason lol? I’m sorry, but anyone who does that doesn’t know what they’re doing. 

Rage initiates faster if you’re damaging him, right? 

Stop trying to fight him. Swing if you have to, otherwise, get your objectives done and bounce. 

Don’t you think you’re being a little disingenuous here? Counselors do try to tackle objectives at the beginning of the session. But isn’t it Jason’s objective to prevent that from happening? What do you think happens when Jason interrupts counselors trying to tackle objectives? Should counselors just run away with no means of defense? You are suggesting counselors not use weapons as a means of stamina recuperation, teamwork, and survival at the beginning of the game. Might as well eliminate all weapons because they won’t work during rage mode anyway.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BigJay said:

15 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I heard Pamela's laugh. It happens when the icon flashes. It's not very loud so it'd be easy to miss.

As a side note, the shotgun does not stun Jason for the kill.

Just now, thrawn3054 said:

I heard Pamela's laugh. It happens when the icon flashes. It's not very loud so it'd be easy to miss.

Ahh, okay. Well my hearing definitely isn’t what it used to be. Hopefully I’ll hear it next time. 

You can no longer kneel Jason to kill him. Jason’s mask comes off before rage so what’s the point? They should make it so only one person like Tommy can stun Jason in rage since he’s the Hero and be able to kneel Jason.

5 minutes ago, ChaosZombies said:

You can no longer kneel Jason to kill him. Jason’s mask comes off before rage so what’s the point? They should make it so only one person like Tommy can stun Jason in rage since he’s the Hero and be able to kneel Jason.

Do you mean when someone is trying to kill him during rage mode or before rage mode when getting him to kneel to do the finishing blow? Because if you can't kneel him down to kill him before/during rage mode via stunning with a gun or Pamela's sweater and hitting him to get him to his knees, then I agree it is totally pointless. 

6 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Damn this sounds like a bad idea. How is the lone survivor suppose to survive until the end of the match now? This means we can't stun him through the doors anymore when he rages through them. If you're out in the open and need to regain stamina while he's chasing you and you try to stun him most likely he'll grab and kill you now. Shift grabbing will be alot easier to do now seeing as the firecrackers can't stun him any longer while in rage. In order to balance this out they should have at least increased the amount of pocket knives again. All they really had to do to buff Jason was to bring back body blocking and make the swing hit multiple people but only in rage mode. In another words make the swing stronger in rage mode. That would have been a fair compromise.

Nope. It's the best idea the Devs have had since they thought about making the game to begin with. If you have to "rely" on stunning Jason to survive, well I guess you won't be surviving anymore will you? :)

If people will play the game as intended (I.E. escape at the first opportunity and stop trying to troll/bully Jason) they'll see very little has changed. If they want to hang around and dance, well then they're gonna fuckin' die... and I love that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Thanks for the clarification!

24 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

You can stun him with the sweater and no mask, BUT he doesn't go to his knees. We tried axe, baseball bat and shotgun... this is ridiculous. I love to try and kill Jason and now I cannot....

I seem to remember Matt telling us in the very first post that:

****Killing Jason is unchanged.****

Meaning it's still possible to drop him to his knees for the kill. Try having Tommy hit him with an axe, that's how I always do it if theres no one around to deliver the final stun.

6 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I seem to remember Matt telling us in the very first post that:

Meaning it's still possible to drop him to his knees for the kill. Try having Tommy hit him with an axe, that's how I always do it if theres no one around to deliver the final stun.

Well you know I have 300+ Jason kills on my belt and a youtube channel dedicated to killing Jason so I think I know how to kill Jason.

Jason right now is not kneeling, sucker punch +25% tommy with axe, baseball bat or shotgun cannot drop Jason to his knees in rage mode...

This is incredibly silly

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

On ps4 it was quite the opposite for me. After every match, it's back out to the menu, and Pamela's laugh plays when Jason gets rage.

1 minute ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Well you know I have 300+ Jason kills on my belt and a youtube channel dedicated to killing Jason so I think I know how to kill Jason.

Jason right now is not kneeling, sucker punch +25% tommy with axe, baseball bat or shotgun cannot drop Jason to his knees in rage mode...

This is incredibly silly

Not as silly as you joining 4 hours ago and claiming to have 300 Jason kills.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

I believe they said the kill process once the sweater is used will play out exactly as it did prior to this patch.... so a melee weapon “should” drop him to his knees once the sweater is activated... I will play test this tonight and post after... thanks for letting us know about the shotgun not working!

• Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 4:43 PM, mattshotcha said:

Patch Notes - Friday the 13th: The Game - January 2019 Patch

INTERACTION LOCK - The team has fixed various interaction lock issues, including:

• Stumbling while dropping an item
  • Entering Combat Stance while swinging weapon

CONNECTIVITY AND CRASHES - Multiple connectivity/crash fixes including:

• Network Error after joining lobby in Quick Play
  • “Need Updated Client” error

ENVIRONMENT AND COLLISION

• Falling Animation Loop - Fixed various areas where players enter a falling animation and cannot continue, including:
  • Firewood Logs on Pinehurst Map
  • Cardboard Box on Packanack Map
  • Coffee Table in Jarvis House
  • Counselor Catch - Fixed various spots that could snag the counselors and make them unable to move, including:
  • Cemetery fence on the Crystal Lake map.
  • Safe Spots - Fixed various safe spots where the counselors are unreachable once entered, including:
  • The cemetery in Higgin’s Haven
  • Parking the car inside the barn on Pinehurst
  • Fixed an issue where an invisible collision would occur at the barn fence on Pinehurst, causing the car to shift vertically after restarting the car.
  • Fixed an exploit where counselors could use the car as a barricade at Jason’s shack, affecting several maps.
  • Fixed an issue where the counselors could control their directional axis while climbing through windows, allowing them to reach unplayable areas of the maps.
  • Fixed an issue where counselors are able to reach the rooftop of the Pinehurst Halfway House by escaping Jason's grab with a pocket knife.

USER INTERFACE

• Fixed an issue disabling the “More Emotes” button.
  • Fixed the Morph Cursor not showing on Xbox One.

BALANCING AND TUNING
Jason - Buffing Mother’s Special, Special Boy.

• Weapon Swing - Jason can now swing his equipped weapon to hit multiple targets at once. This will help Jason defend himself against bullies.
  • Stun - It is no longer possible to Stun Jason while he is in Rage Mode unless using a shotgun or Pamela’s sweater.
  • Rage Indicator will show on the minimap when Jason enters Rage Mode. 

Counselors - They should have been watching him.

• Tommy Jarvis - Players who kill themselves cannot come back as Tommy Jarvis. 

Worth it to wait good job guys

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

This is incredibly silly

Report to Jason kills bugs.com lol j/k

4 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I believe they said the kill process once the sweater is used will play out exactly as it did prior to this patch.... so a melee weapon “should” drop him to his knees once the sweater is activated... I will play test this tonight and post after... thanks for letting us know about the shotgun not working!

right now, nothing can drop Jason to his knees when in rage mode. So nope it's not like that anymore

1 minute ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

right now, nothing can drop Jason to his knees when in rage mode. So nope it's not like that anymore

In the extremely unlikely chance that this turns out to be correct then yes, it's a problem and needs to be hot-fixed. Post-Rage stun immunity should not prevent Jason from being killed.

2 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

In the extremely unlikely chance that this turns out to be correct then yes, it's a problem and needs to be hot-fixed. Post-Rage stun immunity should not prevent Jason from being killed.

it is correct right now, I am playing private games right now Jason is unkillable I am sure it will be fixed but this all patch has effectively removed combat for a good part of the game. That doesn't make much sense

13 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

On ps4 it was quite the opposite for me. After every match, it's back out to the menu, and Pamela's laugh plays when Jason gets rage.

After 10 matches, it finally kicked me out to QP, also on PS4. 

And Pamela’s laugh is in fact present:

• Like 1