Could someone please tell me what time the patch is supposed to go online?

6 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

Could someone please tell me what time the patch is supposed to go online?

We’re all in the dark brother, and it will happen at different times for different platforms.

Ok since I am reading a lot of comments full of mistakes I joined to forum to speak my truth.

I have been playing this game on ps4 since the first week after launch, I played most roles you can play and in the last year I just became a Jason hunter.

I have killed Jason more than 300 times on the EU server, and the thing that I enjoy the most about this game is fighting Jason, not trolling or disrespecting, just fighting.

I don't cheat, I don't use macros or anything like that why would someone want to punish me is beyond me...

Let's begin with a lot of imprecise things I have seen in previous posts:

1: at similar skill levels Jason wins 1 vs 1, that's simply the truth you may win few bouts but sooner or later he will win

2: it takes A LOT of skill to compete with good Jasons and even when you are very well skilled in combat, like I am, you may still make a mistake or stumble and 1 grab is all it takes and you are dead (and that's fair)

3: good Jasons have good chances even against good groups of counsellors and there are many ways to reduce the chances of being killed when you are a good Jason

4: in the films Jason is NOT ALWAYS an unstoppable killing machine. That's a false statement. Jason becomes unstoppable and bulletproof only after Tommy resurrects him with the lightning. Up until that point Jason is just a very strong and resilient human. It doesn't make sense to make him unbeatable

5: at the begining of the game Jason was scary, especially when slashing BUT if you were to time right you could stop Jason, now you cant!!!

This patch is simply a punishment for people who like to fight Jason... how is it ok to make Jason completely unstoppable? you remove fighting for half of a match, that's nonsense!

How is it ok to basically remove stunning perks for half the game? It cost me hundreds of hours of gameplay to get a perfect +25% sucker punch, now that is worthless...

How can you say it is a good idea to make Jason like this? this is nonsense! 

Make Jason stronger that's fine, I don't mind BUT making Jason unstoppable and limit him to go on his knees to the shotgun is simply nonsense...

Please fix this before the patch goes live

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The patch notes mentioned a Pinehurst roof glitch. Has the more commonly used Packanack glitch also been fixed?

15 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I agree removing the stun from firecrackers and flare guns was a bit too far. Not only because it will lessen the tension of those final chases but because it will make soloing objectives way fucking harder if you’re the only one left. 

I normally preference the flare gun but I am going to have to carry a damn shotgun from now on, just so I know I have one if I end up in a rage chase and need to put a part in. It isn’t that big of a deal. 

I would have preferred if weapons just broke more often or always when Jason is in rage, at least they would still serve a purpose other than stamina. Perks like Sucker Punch won’t be as common as it won’t be useful for a third of the match. I think a set number of stuns per Counselor could even be a better solution, save those hits for when it matters.

We will see what tomorrow holds, 🤷‍♂️. It’s going to be rough for some people and not just trolls, here’s to hoping I’m wrong though.

Yup. I think people will pick up shot guns and hide them on the maps until they need them. Once people start complaining about that, devs will put shotgun icons on the map screen when they are picked up and dropped. I'm only being a little sarcastic because the first part will definitely happen.

You want to know why this patch is so great? Because I am so tired of seeing people escape/run out the timer from doing the following:

1. Play as Vanessa

2. Run the Heavy Hitter Perk and Medic Perk

3. Arm yourself with a baseball bat

4. Take advantage of a missed Jason grab attempt (due to the animation lock on the grab, not due to a lack of skill from the Jason player), by waiting for a missed grab and then stunning Jason with the bat

5. Rinse, repeat for the last 8 minutes of the round, re-arming with a new bat when necessary, healing if Jason is lucky enough to land a knife throw 

Nothing will be give me more pleasure than seeing people unable to do that anymore. You should be trying to hit Jason with something as an absolute last resort, not purposely kiting him to take advantage of a bad grab mechanic.  

Now, the correct thing will happen. When a 125 pound woman tries to hit Jason with a wooden bat while he is enraged, he will grab her and split her in two. As it should be. Sorry all you Vanessa players, trolling Jason for the last 8 minutes of a match is no more.  Better actually try to play the game correctly, escape sooner, or don’t go out of your way  to fight him earlier in the match, so rage mode takes longer.

Also, Jason being able to be stunned when walking through doors was always one of the cheapest aspects of the game, so good riddance to that as well.  

This is the best change to the game in months. My ONLY gripe is that I do believe that fire crackers should still stun him while in rage mode (but not the flare gun).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BFizzle said:

Y’all always say this like he doesn’t get his ass handed to him on a silver platter by a teenage girl at the end of most of them. 

Under extreme circumstances, yes, Jason does occasionally get bested. 

But again, what you have NEVER seen is a group of fearless teens picking on Jason and beating him silly.  You know why?  BECAUSE THIS IS NOT SCARY.  Why would a scary movie have a hapless, bumbling villain who poses little threat to his victims? 

Some of y'all want this game to turn into a Wayans Bros. movie.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Some of y'all want this game to turn into a Wayans Bros. movie.

DapperAthleticHypsilophodon-size_restric

@TommysMightyChin Agreed.  I'd watch that while I waited for this patch if I owned it.  Only saw "Sucka" once or twice, and asked myself...  How does he take a shit?

13 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Some of y'all want this game to turn into Dead By Daylight.

fixed.

• Like 2

This patch is extremely misguided, and seems like service to low skilled Jason players. A smarter patch would have: 

• reimplemented body blocking

• a rage mode effect that reduces the durability of weapons to one use, and or significantly reduces stun time. 

Instead, we have a patch that allows Jason to become invulnerable just a few minutes into a session. How naive of some to believe Jason players won’t abuse this. 

Interestingly, in the films, Jason becomes more vulnerable - not more unstoppable - towards the end. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, americanalien said:

Wait until people who team with Jason stun him into rage 2 mins into the game.....

It's gonna suck a lot for those people playing with toxic Jason teamers. And then you're gonna have to watch them live out the rest of the match because Jason won't kill them.

5 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

It's not scary. I just believe it was a terrible way of going about it. It doesn't fix any of the complaints people have had until rage. Jason can still be easily demasked. He can still be made a pinata early on. Instead of giving him the tools to deal with people, quick block etc, he gets to go into tank mode at the end of a match. I view this as a bad change from both sides.

Time will tell, if it’s still not enough or not working as intended or is backfiring.... more changes will come.

I agree this change is not what anyone was expecting I know it’s not anything I was asking for..... I wanted the quick block and meat shielding.......

I am very Happy that when Jason rages through a Door or wall he won’t be stunned anymore...😉... that is something I whole heartedly agree with....with that said  I am sure there will be tweaks to the rage mode immunity eventually...

I am also happy to have an update to melee damaging multiple counselors....

im on ps4 i think this patch did something bad very bad i been trying to get ion a game all morning and i cant im either banned or its this patch i can get in a game lobby then as the game starts i either get in an cant open doors or click anythin an everybody in the game is standing still  then i get kicked out to the main menu

Cant find matches for ages, and when I do I keep being kicked. Update yet again fails to work properly 😕 (pc)