On 1/29/2019 at 10:36 PM, Rigginss1 said:

Yeah because a majority of players are shit at the game.

Yeah, that’s kind of the reason why they made all the changes that allowed counselors to have an easy button on the game...Jason used to be a real threat.

But  instead of waiting for the player base to get better they started nerfing Jason and catered to the cry baby community that said “Jasons too Op..” ....” I die more than I escape...” “ it’s unfair..”

these new buffs to Jason come after a year of nerfs trust me..... it’s not because the majority are “ shit”... it’s because the Developers see the problems are real and changes are needed.

On 1/29/2019 at 10:42 PM, NytmereZ said:

LOL! You just joined four hours ago, and from what you wrote , I know for a fact you never played this game before Jason was nerfed.., looks like a bunch of trolls are here to cry about Jason being less of a piñata.

Seems like their favorite past time maybe coming to an end lol.... thank god.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

The nerfing of the weapons you are talking about is dependent on rage mode not the entire match.... 

if you attempt to stun Jason from the beginning of the match it is at your peril....if players don’t ....you are only talking about 7 minutes of the end of the match where only the Shot gun and sweater will be the only things that can stun him.....still not the entire match....

I am struggling to see why this is so upsetting when we still haven’t played the game with the changes yet ....which may create some entertaining chases with Jason if you ask me....instead of watching Jason on his back you will see Counselor really attempt to escape or see some real pressure to get the kill done.

You don’t see his point because he just joined this forum 4 hours ago, which tells me all,he does when he played this game is beat on Jason and do dance moves , I can’t wait to slash them, I’m off work tomorrow.... this is going to be a fun day ;) killing trolls is always fun.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NytmereZ said:

You don’t see his point because he just joined this forum 4 hours ago, which tells me all,he does when he played this game is beat on Jason and do dance moves , I can’t wait to slash them, I’m off work tomorrow.... this is going to be a fun day ;) killing trolls is always fun.

I hope the patch hits early the last one didn’t hit Ps4 till 8 or 9 pm 

• Like 1

Just now, OCT 31 1978 said:

Seems like there favorite past time maybe coming to an end lol.... thank god.

LOL! Agreed I’m can’t wait to make them quit, this is going to get rid of these trolls and bring back the good people, 3 of my friends who were backers as I was are coming back this week to check it out.

.Also, I'd like to remind anyone complaining that the game is now "broken" that from the very beginning (even before the Beta) this game was never meant to be a "Let's go whoop Jason's ass!" game, it was meant to be a "Run away from Jason's ass!" game. The current climate of stun-dance-stun-dance-stun-dance was NEVER intended to happen. With the new changes, the focus is back on ESCAPING, not standing at the police exit chain-stunning Jason for 10 minutes before getting bored and running away.

If anything is "broken" by the new changes, it's Jason being the counselors pinata-bitch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

.Also, I'd like to remind anyone complaining that the game is now "broken" that from the very beginning (even before the Beta) this game was never meant to be a "Let's go whoop Jason's ass!" game, it was meant to be a "Run away from Jason's ass!" game. The current climate of stun-dance-stun-dance-stun-dance was NEVER intended to happen. With the new changes, the focus is back on ESCAPING, not standing at the police exit chain-stunning Jason for 10 minutes before getting bored and running away.

If anything is "broken" by the new changes, it's Jason being the counselors pinata-bitch.

Well said! And glad you posted a reminder about what the good old days were like.

7 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Yeah, that’s kind of the reason why they made all the changes that allowed counselors to have an easy button on the game...Jason used to be a real threat.

But  instead of waiting for the player base to get better they started nerfing Jason and catered to the cry baby community that said “Jasons too Op..” ....” I die more than I escape...” “ it’s unfair..”

these new buffs to Jason come after a year of nerfs trust me..... it’s not because the majority are “ shit”... it’s because the Developers see the problems are real and changes are needed.

We are 100% on the same page brother, it’s funny how I’m seeing a bunch of newbs joining the forum just today because they know their fun might be over , when it comes to beating on Jason 

20 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

We are 100% on the same page brother, it’s funny how I’m seeing a bunch of newbs joining the forum just today because they know their fun might be over , when it comes to beating on Jason 

Definitely, there will be a lot more complaining coming if the patch works they way it sounds like it will....

if it brings back the backers and fans of how the game was originally intended to be... thats great!!

Will there probably need to be more tweaking ?....of course....

but if one thing truly happens and the toxic trolls that play to stream beating Jasons ass for hours leave that is what I call a win!

16 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

If you are talking about me, I'm a 150 on both Xbox and PS4, and I've been on the forum since pretty much the beginning. All you have to do is hover over my username which is the same on Xbox and PS4. My only potential issue is with flare guns and firecrackers becoming useless in the last third of the game which usually gives some of the best chase sequences. If no melee weapon can stun Jason toward the end of a match, an even remotely half decent Jason should just clean up the board. Counselors need to have a chance toward the end.

• Like 2

On the whole, I like buffing Jason. No one can deny that it’s weird to see counselors shake off repeated hits from Jason while a tiny teen with a stick can stun Jason pretty consistently. Even Part IX gets stunned most of the time, despite having Stun Resistance as a strength. That said, this may go a bit too far in the opposite direction. We’ll have to see how this shakes out, but I imagine the net effect will be shorter matches. The counselors will finish within 10 minutes (still very do-able), or they will be screwed. We will see far, far fewer matches go all 20 minutes. Silver lining: 6 people who died or escaped won’t have to wait several minutes more for Jason to chase the seventh cabin-to-cabin as the counselor stuns Jason after he rages through countless doors and walls (nor will Jason have to resort to using combat stance instead of rage to prevents the door/wall stuns, which allows counselors to regain stamina/get more weapons and items, further prolonging things). I did kind of enjoy waiting on the other side of those doors and walls, though...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

If you are talking about me, I'm a 150 on both Xbox and PS4, and I've been on the forum since pretty much the beginning. All you have to do is hover over my username which is the same on Xbox and PS4. My only potential issue is with flare guns and firecrackers becoming useless in the last third of the game which usually gives some of the best chase sequences. If no melee weapon can stun Jason toward the end of a match, an even remotely half decent Jason should just clean up the board. Counselors need to have a chance toward the end.

I don’t think he was referring to you.

I think he thought that my comment to you was to one of the other members I was Quid pro quoing...

you have valid points on the flare gun and firecrackers... I know I would be a supporter of making them stun Jason in rage mode.

2 minutes ago, phaserbrain said:

On the whole, I like buffing Jason. No one can deny that it’s weird to see counselors shake off repeated hits from Jason while a tiny teen with a stick can stun Jason pretty consistently. Even Part IX gets stunned most of the time, despite having Stun Resistance as a strength. That said, this may go a bit too far in the opposite direction. We’ll have to see how this shakes out, but I imagine the net effect will be shorter matches. The counselors will finish within 10 minutes (still very do-able), or they will be screwed. We will see far, far fewer matches go all 20 minutes. Silver lining: 6 people who died or escaped won’t have to wait several minutes more for Jason to chase the seventh cabin-to-cabin as the counselor stuns Jason after he rages through countless doors and walls (nor will Jason have to resort to using combat stance instead of rage to prevents the door/wall stuns, which allows counselors to regain stamina/get more weapons and items, further prolonging things). I did kind of enjoy waiting on the other side of those doors and walls, though...

Overall, I think it's a good change. I just think they will end up back tracking on a few things after it all shakes out.

5 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

100% true, Jason is a bitch and has been one for a long time, If they would have left him the way he was at launch people would have had to deal with it or leave...... kind of like what some are going to have to do now.

5 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

No,I was NOT talking about you, Im a 150 level and have been since the 1st week it got extended to 150

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I agree removing the stun from firecrackers and flare guns was a bit too far. Not only because it will lessen the tension of those final chases but because it will make soloing objectives way fucking harder if you’re the only one left. 

I normally preference the flare gun but I am going to have to carry a damn shotgun from now on, just so I know I have one if I end up in a rage chase and need to put a part in. It isn’t that big of a deal. 

I would have preferred if weapons just broke more often or always when Jason is in rage, at least they would still serve a purpose other than stamina. Perks like Sucker Punch won’t be as common as it won’t be useful for a third of the match. I think a set number of stuns per Counselor could even be a better solution, save those hits for when it matters.

We will see what tomorrow holds, 🤷‍♂️. It’s going to be rough for some people and not just trolls, here’s to hoping I’m wrong though.

I'm not sure what else was considered to buff Jason (or debuff counselors), but here are other options:

• Lower the chance of landing a stun during rage -- maybe to around half what it is now -- as opposed to going all the way down to 0% with most weapons.
  • Significantly reduce stun duration (as opposed to eliminate it) when Jason has rage.
  • Widen Jason’s grab cone a little bit.
  • Reduce the time it takes to come out of the grab animation a bit (closer to what it used to be). Jason acts arthritic now...
  • Allow for variable-speed Shift, either via an analog stick or through tapping keys. With the narrower grab cone, and counselors moving in circles as a result, a fast shift can be disorienting.
  • Allow Jason to target and/or cycle through specific counselors when in combat stance (e.g., using Tab). This would allow for combat stance to be more effective against crowds.
  • Allow Jason to use a grabbed counselor to block another counselor’s incoming attack (like in the past).
  • Allow kills to be used on slightly imperfect terrain (now, if you grab certain counselors away from very flat/open terrain, they are virtually guaranteed to break your grip, especially as a slow Jason). I imagine it's this way simply because the kill animations would look odd because the game isn't designed to alter the angle of the kill (i.e., players would be half inside a hill and half out while being killed).
  • Fewer baseball bats, frying pans, etc.
  • Create more weapon (and item) spawn location possibilities and keep mixing them up so that counselors sometimes miss/take longer to find effective stun weapons (we mostly all know exactly where to look now) -- but I imagine this would be challenging since the maps seem pretty sensitive to glitches....

On ps4 there is an exploit in packanack that makes it impossible for couselors to get killed. The exploit is on the second floor in the room the phone can spawn and players glitch onto the roof.

6 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Patch Notes - Friday the 13th: The Game - January 2019 Patch

BALANCING AND TUNING
Jason - Buffing Mother’s Special, Special Boy.

• Weapon Swing - Jason can now swing his equipped weapon to hit multiple targets at once. This will help Jason defend himself against bullies.
  • Stun - It is no longer possible to Stun Jason while he is in Rage Mode unless using a shotgun or Pamela’s sweater.
  •  

Nice. Really nice. It'll force the beatstick crew into having purpose when they bum rush Jason. 

Also as far as exploits, have you seen this one? It was on Packinack.  I couldn't grab or slash them. Throwing knives worked.

If we're going for realism, then sure, Jason shouldn't fall on his ass if a kid hits him with a wrench. However, why not have the flare gun still stun a raged Jason only if he takes the shot in the face?

44 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

My only potential issue is with flare guns and firecrackers becoming useless in the last third of the game which usually gives some of the best chase sequences. If no melee weapon can stun Jason toward the end of a match, an even remotely half decent Jason should just clean up the board. Counselors need to have a chance toward the end.

Totally agree! Once you run out/low on stamina in the last third of the game, you're gonna need some means of defending or buying yourself time at the very least, especially if you're not within the proximity of a cabin to run to or if you're playing a low stamina and strength counselor. It's even worse when you're the only one by yourself when everyone has died or escaped, and you're running out the clock. I really hope there is a tweak to this update in the future regarding this.

2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

.Nothing has been taken away from Counselors players Jason can still be stunned in rage mode just not how you are used to... it may require you to update or change your play style....welcome to the club...

I have to disagree. Making melee weapons usless for half the game (give or take a bit) sure as hell is taking something from counselors. I was and still am all for buffing Jason. But to me this was definitely not the way to do it. It screws counselors the second half of the match. And does nothing for Jason the first half.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Xenaurora said:

So you basically made the game EVEN EASIER for Jason! Lovely. Just lovely.

Yes... I agree :) I'm glad we're on the same side 

I for one am super stoked for this update. This will make Jason terrifying again, and is the perfect ingredients to the Jason we know and love.

Much praise to Gun Media and Black Tower for this!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

We're looking into it, but it may end up being a necessary blocker. I'm new, and I think it's a fix to a breachable spot.

Sorry matt but no actually he shouldn't be blocked either Jason or counselors he give more advantage to counselors then Jason. Since launch that spot was never blocked and shouldn't in anyway.