Why is it the counselors have to adapt and get better? Jason players get rewarded with a buff and many of them didn't try an adapt at all. 

The way i see it both sides complained just as much. 

I played a few rounds this evening and had a perfect streak counselor and Jason. I did see a flare gun stun Jason while in a rage, it might be a bug that should be left in.  I still don't fully agree on the changes that were made but, the game is still fun to play. 

7 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

Why is it the counselors have to adapt and get better? 

Because Jason-mains have been forced to do it since nearly day 1 thanks to all the nerfs that were the result of counselors not wanting to adapt and get better, that's why.

I'm a Jason-main player so, i don't personally agree. I think both sides complain just as much! I see both sides. I don't hate it the way it is. I accept it and keep playing!

1 hour ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I did see a flare gun stun Jason while in a rage, it might be a bug that should be left in.

If Jason in a rage and the mask is not removed from him, he can be stunned with any well-stun weapon.

• Thanks 1

@HaHaTrumpWon,  @Vanessaismymain,

Both of you are correct to an extent....and Vanessaismymain, I am glad you are still playing and finding the fun to be had in the game still!

Jason has only been given two buffs in nearly 2 years one was a year ago that gave him a slight speed boast and two extra knives in his shack......Every other  patch/ update since launch has been a buff to counselors players or a nerf to Jason gameplay.....minus a couple of nerfs to a few perks.....

Because of players who thought Jason was too OP....there were a lot of players “complaining”....some enjoyed the op others didn’t so in came the nerfs ...To the grab, to the way Jason swung at windows, climbing in and out of windows, when and how Jason could hit or grab a counselor climbing in and out of said window,  more items, items marked on the map, the removal of meat shielding, hit box shortened, grab cones shortening not once but 3 times and changes to how Jason could use traps.

so with that I would definitely say Jason gameplay has been a consistent adaptation to get kills .... As his gameplay has changed the most since launch......while  counselors gameplay was given more ways to succeed......

Those buff / updates...items and perks given to the counselors are the reason for players outcries for buffs to Jason..... so yes both sides have in there own ways “complained.”

the reason the Pendulum was swung as far into Jasons side was because it was necessary to stop Jason from looking very weak and to add a much needed increased threat from his side of gameplay....could it have been done differently? Yes....has it changed the game for most players and especially Experienced players ? No....But it did eliminating the appearance of Jason being on his back for much of the game and made Jason feel more powerful when Rage is active ....which is a success in my book.

I can’t wait to see what other changes the developers have in mind.....And as long as it stays in the spirit of how the developers original intended it will be a recipe for success. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Psychophonic said:

If Jason in a rage and the mask is not removed from him, he can be stunned with any well-stun weapon.

Incorrect. Once Jason has Rage he is immune to all melee-weapon stuns UNLESS the melee attack succeeds in demasking him (in this case he will be stunned for a couple of seconds). That aside, only the sweater and shotgun will be able to stun him once Rage activates. 

Edit: OCT the only players that have been significantly effected by the patch are the ones who didn't want to escape in the first place (obviously, I'm referring to the ones that just want to turn Jason into a pinyata). Thankfully, this was severely reduced after the patch dropped and the ones doing it realized that they couldn't chain-stun Jason the whole round anymore.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, dmack621 said:

If the New York Yankees win the World Series, the guy who hit 25 home runs is going to be front page. The guy who sat in the dugout the entire time and didn't play is still part of the winning team, but he is not going to get any accolades because he didn't do anything.

You pretty much proved my point.

The guy that sat in the dug out entire time still part of the winning team..    Because that is actually a team game.  

18 hours ago, dmack621 said:

Same logic here, if I repair the phone and the car while Johnny Sleeping Bag stood in a corner all game, no way should he receive the same reward that I do.

Except the counselors are not part of a team.  You are not all part of something that has the same outcome.

21 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@HaHaTrumpWon3,  @Vanessaismymain,

Both of you are correct to an extent....and Vanessaismymain, I am glad you are still playing and finding the fun to be had in the game still!

Jason has only been given two buffs in nearly 2 years one was a year ago that gave him a slight speed boast and two extra knives in his shack......Every other  patch/ update since launch has been a buff to counselors players or a nerf to Jason gameplay.....minus a couple of nerfs to a few perks.....

Because of players who thought Jason was too OP....there were a lot of players “complaining”....some enjoyed the op others didn’t so in came the nerfs ...To the grab, to the way Jason swung at windows, climbing in and out of windows, when and how Jason could hit or grab a counselor climbing in and out of said window,  more items, items marked on the map, the removal of meat shielding, hit box shortened, grab cones shortening not once but 3 times and changes to how Jason could use traps.

so with that I would definitely say Jason gameplay has been a consistent adaptation to get kills .... As his gameplay has changed the most since launch......while  counselors gameplay was given more ways to succeed......

Those buff / updates...items and perks given to the counselors are the reason for players outcries for buffs to Jason..... so yes both sides have in there own ways “complained.”

the reason the Pendulum was swung as far into Jasons side was because it was necessary to stop Jason from looking very weak and to add a much needed increased threat from his side of gameplay....could it have been done differently? Yes....has it changed the game for most players and especially Experienced players ? No....But it did eliminating the appearance of Jason being on his back for much of the game and made Jason feel more powerful when Rage is active ....which is a success in my book.

I can’t wait to see what other changes the developers have in mind.....And as long as it stays in the spirit of how the developers original intended it will be a recipe for success. 

Thanks 👍 @Oct311978 

20 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Except the counselors are not part of a team.  You are not all part of something that has the same outcome.

The counselors are supposed to be a team tho.  To work together to accomplish a mutual goal : escape.

There's even "tips" on the loading screens telling counselor players to work together to increase chances of survival.

The survival rate of counselors would be much higher if people would work together.

Finally Interaction lock is fixed !

I love this patch! The game came back to life , its so spooky when jason goes into rage .

And those scums that suicide just to come back as Tommy can suck it now :D

btw why so many people say its impossible ? If you find the parts , fix stuff and try to avoid hitting Jason is still easy to escape .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DeadDuck said:

I love this patch! The game came back to life , its so spooky when jason goes into rage .

btw why so many people say its impossible ? If you find the parts , fix stuff and try to avoid hitting Jason is still easy to escape .

Glad you’re enjoying the new patch, a little surprised but still, good for you. Any luck surviving the night yet?

4 hours ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

The counselors are supposed to be a team tho.  To work together to accomplish a mutual goal : escape.

There's even "tips" on the loading screens telling counselor players to work together to increase chances of survival.

The survival rate of counselors would be much higher if people would work together.

I agree. working together increases chance of survival.  But its still not a team game.

It’s a game about teamwork. Very few players can do it by themselves, but it can certainly be done. The design though is to work as a team.

F13 is an interesting social experiment. Will you try to help as many players as you can, help only your friends, or are you entirely out for yourself? Will you help those who are contributing? Will you offer a seat in the car to someone who spent the whole match under a bed, or leave him behind?

Seeing this player dynamic is one of the reasons I love the game. I can see how people look at it and figure it’s not a team game, most especially if they’re only out for themselves. But the lone wolf typically doesn’t last against an experienced Jason. 

41 minutes ago, JackTV said:

It’s a game about teamwork. Very few players can do it by themselves, but it can certainly be done. The design though is to work as a team.

F13 is an interesting social experiment. Will you try to help as many players as you can, help only your friends, or are you entirely out for yourself? Will you help those who are contributing? Will you offer a seat in the car to someone who spent the whole match under a bed, or leave him behind?

Seeing this player dynamic is one of the reasons I love the game. I can see how people look at it and figure it’s not a team game, most especially if they’re only out for themselves. But the lone wolf typically doesn’t last against an experienced Jason. 

Its not a team game because counselors do not get the same score when it said and done.   For me its as simple as that.   

I agree with most of what you said.  Especially what I high lighted.

But working together is mostly based around self preservation or just wanting to help people.  Not to help the team. 

8 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Glad you’re enjoying the new patch, a little surprised but still, good for you. Any luck surviving the night yet?

Yes :D , i've survived one match by running around tables , windows😂😂

Damn feels good not having to press a billion times to perform an action cuz of that stupid interaction lock.

8 hours ago, DeadDuck said:

Finally Interaction lock is fixed !

And those scums that suicide just to come back as Tommy can suck it now :D

Glad you're back to enjoy the game. I too have loved this patch so far. The people that say it's impossible don't know how to play the game properly and adapt. It's pretty easy to escape and a majority of the time I'm the few who have to get objectives done to escape. A lot of players still dick around or try to fight Jason. My survival rate hasn't changed at all and I've even escaped Jason when in rage a few times with cops and car. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, undrtkr said:

The people that say it's impossible don't know how to play the game properly and adapt. 

This is exactly my point as it relates to Jason players. That's why this buff exist! 

14 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

This is exactly my point as it relates to Jason players. That's why this buff exist! 

You’re still wrong, it’s about mechanics when it comes to Jason, not how he’s played. You can keep making a false equivalency but it isn’t accurate.

• Like 2

I call Bullshit on that! I never had a problem... Just saying! People complained and Jason got a buff because people got annoyed being hit by a counselor. 

I mean there's people asking for the counselors to be nerfed even more. I'm sorry Jason players need to get good!  Running is the only defense a singular counselor has now once Jason hits rage. The only buff Jason needed is the ability to hit multiple counselors when they tried to gang up on him.

4 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I call Bullshit on that! I never had a problem... Just saying! People complained and Jason got a buff because people got annoyed being hit by a counselor. 

I mean there's people asking for the counselors to be nerfed even more. I'm sorry Jason players need to get good!  Running is the only defense a singular counselor has now once Jason hits rage The only buff Jason needed is the ability to hit multiple counselors when they tried to gang up on him.

Why does it upset you so much?

Counselors were buffed over and over again, there’s various lists people have made so I’m not going to repeat it all but it is quite the list. Some of the things like adding parts to the map were previous attempts to get Counselors to escape, that is their goal after all. Players weren’t even attempting it most matches, it wasn’t as successful as the pubs/devs hoped, so they tried something else. 

Look if you’re a great Jason it doesn’t matter if Jason gets partial stun immunity after hitting rage because everyone’s dead or almost dead anyway. It does matter to Jason’s who were being humiliated not because they weren’t good enough but because Counselors could team up and just keep putting him on his back. In a game that is 7v1, this isn’t how it’s supposed to work. Jason still has to be careful of those players who can use the mechanics to keep him in check but now they’re fighting the clock as much as Jason. 

Being Jason doesn’t seem to be your problem, your problem seems to be that you can’t use your Counselor the way you want and the way you want wasn’t fun or intended by the pubs/devs. If you don’t want to escape, try killing him. If it’s to hard, even though you still have the advantage, well nothing has changed in regards to escaping, you just can’t continue making a piñata out of him post rage. The more you complain the more it looks like you only wanted to take other peoples fun out of the game rather than playing it as intended. 

I said it before, no one’s stopping you from making friends and playing the way you want in PM. Let me rephrase the above question, Why does it upset you so much, is it because you’re not able to humiliate strangers anymore? 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You’re still wrong, it’s about mechanics when it comes to Jason, not how he’s played. You can keep making a false equivalency but it isn’t accurate.

Actually i'm not wrong! I just have a different opinion than yours. There's nothing false about what i said.

7 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

Actually i'm not wrong! I just have a different opinion than yours. There's nothing false about what i said.

What you said is a false equivalence, being Jason isn’t the same as being a Counselor. They can’t be compared 1 to 1, as a Counselor I could escape without ever hitting Jason, as Jason I have to slash or grab the Counselors to do my side of the game. When Counselors can bait and stun Jason with little risk to themselves and zero risk if they’re in a group, this doesn’t allow Jason to do either. 

Jason is going to get more buffs soon, not sure if you’re following Matt’s posts but you should. I think you’re looking at more disappointments in the future, and without ever making a good argument for why they shouldn’t happen. You can call the people who want change cry babies or imply that Jason should just adapt but it won’t change what’s coming. 

You’re opinion isn’t based in facts, it’s less than relevant to any conversation that will happen about future buffs. Opinions can be wrong, your entitled to have a wrong opinion if you want but it’s still wrong. Not all things are equal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

is it because you’re not able to humiliate strangers anymore?  Why does it upset you so much?

I didn't humilate anyone first of all.If players felt humilated by counselors then i truly feel sorry for those people because it's just a game!  

My complaints are this is a game not a movie and as a Jason player, i don't want my competition nerfed to the point the end result is always the same! 

This buff should be plenty for decent players to get by. Jason players didn't need a buff! They should've got good at shift, knowing when the right time to use stalk, The abilities were there all along for Jason to be a killing machine but, some refused to even try! You don't have to agree more than likely you won't and that's okay!