3 minutes ago, ExoticAsFxck said:

I bet you throw a knife at the car when you can't catch it. Jason is still gonna get his ass kicked. 

I have only seen a knife flip the car in older YouTube videos and in the original launch of the game and never by my own knife throw... not that I would waste a knife on a car anyway.......

Glad you feel the changes will not help Jason and still believe the ass beatings will continue... making your initial complaints empty and without merit.....and proved me correct with my initial Response about you being a toxic troll.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rigginss1 said:

This new patch is going to completely break the game. Characters like buggszy Chad Vanessa and Adam are going to be almost completely useless after the patch

This is just not true. These characters are still going to be viable, and if anything, might find a bit more use in their roles if they actually try and do more than fight. I've seen plenty of Vanessas escape from the match having performed repairs on their own with perfect skill checks. Adam is definitely not just a fighter, it's actually odd you'd lump him in there.

If you have to change your play style, then adapt and change it. 

22 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

I disagree. Firecrackers are definitely prevalent in addition to having the option to spawn with them, including an expanded radius. Flare guns, there's enough of them in the maps as it is. 

The counselors are going to just have to adjust and make an actual effort to not send Jason in to rage a few minutes in to the match. They should be focusing on the objectives, as should Jason, rather than fighting him right out of the gate. 

It'll be different experience trying to escape a non-raged Jason by cooperating, actually delivering parts, repairs, looping, kiting, etc. Players have a 10 minute window to get out while avoiding combat, not to mention how much the small maps already favor them.

They are prevalent, yes, but not to the point that if you are gang raping Jason in a team that you can just run from cabin to cabin finding more to keep chain stunning. Chain stunning is generally a melee weapon issue. To be honest, the fix they are implementing that allows Jason to slash more than one person at a time would have probably been enough to discourage gang raping Jason, but not so much as to make it never happen. Some of the funniest and most satisfying games I have ever played as Jason involved breaking up a piñata party. All this is going to do is prevent counselors that use firecrackers for a moment to regain stamina to be instantly killed. If a limping counselor truly has no way to escape, why bother having a limping animation to begin with? Flare guns, when used properly, give time for a counselor to escape a trapped or blocked cabin, etc. Nerfing them seems to me to be over kill. Counselors should have some means of temporary escape / stun in the second half of the game aside from the two shot guns that show up on the map that will likely already have been used.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

This is just not true. These characters are still going to be viable, and if anything, might find a bit more use in their roles if they actually try and do more than fight. I've seen plenty of Vanessas escape from the match having performed repairs on their own with perfect skill checks. Adam is definitely not just a fighter, it's actually odd you'd lump him in there.

Vanessa's escape because of pure luck rather than skills repairing. Most of the time it's required to hit and stun him to get out. I lumped Adam in there because of his low speed and stamina. As Adam you rely on your strength and stun to regain your stamina so you can quickly repair things. Explain to me how buggszy, a character who's only good stats are strength, speed and stamina will be useful after the patch

It's about time Jason gets a much needed buff to actually be a threat again. Looking forward to this one.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Not to mention the fact that already it's extremely easy to play Jason. If you aren't competent enough to be able to escape these gangs beatings then stop playing Jason. It's easy it's not even funny. Giving him no stun just gives him a win to any competent Jason as nothing can be done, especially if the Jason does nothing but slash as so many already do. Certain Jason's in which high stun chance is there major debuff suddenly become extremely powerful at the end of the match like part 3, and part 2 as they have literally nothing to worry about. 

5 minutes ago, Rigginss1 said:

Oh you mean the shotgun in which only 2 spawn? And fire crackers that don't work half the time? Yeah not bs at all. I just have to change my playstyle.

Yes, you will have to change your playstyle...so will I...so will others  and if the developers decide it’s not working as intended they will make changes again.....just like this one.

I get crippled while he's in rage mode and can't stun him and heal so I'm dead without any chance? Really balanced and fun game design. If you're so garbage that you need not be stunned in rage to kill all 7 counselors you shouldn't play.

I am not the one that decided to make this change the developers did.... and they feel we should all still play especially with this buff  and it may make for a better experience......

( the jury is still out on that ..)

In fact I don’t remember reading anything about making Jason unable to be stunned in rage mode from any members except....it was suggested that when crashing through a door or wall since the damage Jason is doing to himself is stronger than any hit a counselor could give him..... So this change cannot be blamed on players wanting a buff to Jason...when it’s not even a suggestion the player base asked for......what was asked for was a better/ more responsive  block/  and meat shielding... and a tweak to the grab...

This new patch is going to completely break the game. Characters like buggszy Chad Vanessa and Adam are going to be almost completely useless after the patch considering at the 10 min mark their entire playstyle are useless. It gives slashing Jasons and destruction Jason's an edge as nothing can be done to stop them unless you have one of the two shotguns that spawn

I will reserve judgement till after I have played with the changes... but like I posted above if it’s not working the way the developers intended changes will be made again

3 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

changes... but like I posted above if it’s not working the way the developers intended changes will be made again

Oh you mean 5 months after the issues pop up when they finally decide to address it?

10 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

They are prevalent, yes, but not to the point that if you are gang raping Jason in a team that you can just run from cabin to cabin finding more to keep chain stunning. Chain stunning is generally a weapon issue. All this is going to do is prevent counselors that use firecrackers for a moment to regain stamina to be instantly killed. If a limping counselor truly has no way to escape, why bother having a limping animation to begin with? Flare guns, when used properly, give time for a counselor to escape a trapped or blocked cabin, etc. Nerfing them seems to me to be over kill. Counselors should have some means of escape aside from the two shot guns that show up on the map.

The nerfing of the weapons you are talking about is dependent on rage mode not the entire match.... 

if you attempt to stun Jason from the beginning of the match it is at your peril....if players don’t ....you are only talking about 7 minutes of the end of the match where only the Shot gun and sweater will be the only things that can stun him.....still not the entire match....

I am struggling to see why this is so upsetting when we still haven’t played the game with the changes yet ....which may create some entertaining chases with Jason if you ask me....instead of watching Jason on his back you will see Counselor really attempt to escape or see some real pressure to get the kill done.

11 minutes ago, Rigginss1 said:

Vanessa's escape because of pure luck rather than skills repairing. Most of the time it's required to hit and stun him to get out. I lumped Adam in there because of his low speed and stamina. As Adam you rely on your strength and stun to regain your stamina so you can quickly repair things. Explain to me how buggszy, a character who's only good stats are strength, speed and stamina will be useful after the patch

This is pure nonsense. I've witnessed many players expertly use these characters in every facet. It isn't luck. I don't use them for repairs, I could never do it. But my inability, or yours, to use them that well doesn't mean others can't.

Get out of fight mode and start playing LaChappa for a while, he's amazing.

23 minutes ago, Rigginss1 said:

To get Jasons mask off in a few hits like it is now how’s that.

Jason doesn’t need to be stunned to escape. Remember, the game is about escaping, not Jason hunting. 

This is a new change and, if it’s not working, it’ll be re-balanced. What I like about the change is that it’s making Jason stronger without robbing the counselors of escape.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Rigginss1 said:

Oh you mean 5 months after the issues pop up when they finally decide to address it?

If that what it takes, it’s been a year of Jason being trash before he got a buff.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

The nerfing of the weapons you are talking about is dependent on rage mode not the entire match.... 

if you attempt to stun Jason from the beginning of the match it is at your peril....if players don’t ....you are only talking about 7 minutes of the end of the match where only the Shot gun and sweater will be the only things that can stun him.....still not the entire match....

I am struggling to see why this is so upsetting when we still haven’t played the game with the changes yet ....which may create some entertaining chases with Jason if you ask me....instead of watching Jason on his back you will see Counselor really attempt to escape or see some real pressure to get the kill done.

It's not upsetting. I am just postulating the results of the patch. In fact, the chase is exactly why I enjoy the game so much. I can understand nerfing melee weapon stuns to a raged Jason, but to me, the flare gun and firecracker changes will do nothing to enhance that. In fact, it seems to me it will nullify most chase sequences at the end of the game.  We will have to wait and see, I suppose.

4 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

This is pure nonsense. I've witnessed many players expertly use these characters in every facet. It isn't luck. I don't use them for repairs, I could never do it. But my inability, or yours, to use them that well doesn't mean others can't.

Get out of fight mode and start playing LaChappa for a while, he's amazing.

All I do is repair as Chad and buggszy just for the troll of the game or the new players who have no idea what they're doing to escape with the other set of keys or fuse , or end up just holding on to them and dying. Fighting is the only thing I can do since so many people who play this game have no idea what they're doing and escape alone or act like idiots!

What kind of Counselors go straight out of the gate to fight Jason lol? I’m sorry, but anyone who does that doesn’t know what they’re doing. 

Rage initiates faster if you’re damaging him, right? 

Stop trying to fight him. Swing if you have to, otherwise, get your objectives done and bounce. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

If that what it takes, it’s been a year of Jason being trash before he got a buff.

If you thought Jason was trash before the buff you're just a garbage Jason lol. There are so many ways to counter the gang bangs it's not even funny. The way he is now is balanced, and if they wanted to do anything they should have just decreased stun chance in rage. Just use the counselors as shield after grabbing, wait until you can grab, then grab the one with the weapon and swivel to a clear spot and get the kill

5 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Patch Notes - Friday the 13th: The Game - January 2019 Patch

INTERACTION LOCK - The team has fixed various interaction lock issues, including:

• Stumbling while dropping an item
  • Entering Combat Stance while swinging weapon

CONNECTIVITY AND CRASHES - Multiple connectivity/crash fixes including:

• Network Error after joining lobby in Quick Play
  • “Need Updated Client” error

ENVIRONMENT AND COLLISION

• Falling Animation Loop - Fixed various areas where players enter a falling animation and cannot continue, including:
  • Firewood Logs on Pinehurst Map
  • Cardboard Box on Packanack Map
  • Coffee Table in Jarvis House
  • Counselor Catch - Fixed various spots that could snag the counselors and make them unable to move, including:
  • Cemetery fence on the Crystal Lake map.
  • Safe Spots - Fixed various safe spots where the counselors are unreachable once entered, including:
  • The cemetery in Higgin’s Haven
  • Parking the car inside the barn on Pinehurst
  • Fixed an issue where an invisible collision would occur at the barn fence on Pinehurst, causing the car to shift vertically after restarting the car.
  • Fixed an exploit where counselors could use the car as a barricade at Jason’s shack, affecting several maps.
  • Fixed an issue where the counselors could control their directional axis while climbing through windows, allowing them to reach unplayable areas of the maps.
  • Fixed an issue where counselors are able to reach the rooftop of the Pinehurst Halfway House by escaping Jason's grab with a pocket knife.

USER INTERFACE

• Fixed an issue disabling the “More Emotes” button.
  • Fixed the Morph Cursor not showing on Xbox One.

BALANCING AND TUNING
Jason - Buffing Mother’s Special, Special Boy.

• Weapon Swing - Jason can now swing his equipped weapon to hit multiple targets at once. This will help Jason defend himself against bullies.
  • Stun - It is no longer possible to Stun Jason while he is in Rage Mode unless using a shotgun or Pamela’s sweater.
  • Rage Indicator will show on the minimap when Jason enters Rage Mode. 

Counselors - They should have been watching him.

• Tommy Jarvis - Players who kill themselves cannot come back as Tommy Jarvis. 

****Killing Jason is unchanged.****

FFFUUUUCCCKKKK YES! About time Jason got his balls back!

(Though to be perfectly honest, I kinda think it's a better idea to make him harder to stun during Rage rather than mostly immune)

What about PK stuns or the short mini-stun he gets if someone breaks free of a grab?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

It's not upsetting. I am just postulating the results of the patch. In fact, the chase is exactly why I enjoy the game so much, and to me, the flare gun and firecracker changes will do nothing to enhance that. In fact, it seems to me it will nullify most chase sequences. We will have to wait and see, I suppose.

I can see how not being able to use the fire crackers and flare gun during a chase could be frustrating and I wouldn’t care if the developers put those two items back in as items that could still stun Jason in Rage mode.

you can still kite Jason without them though......

6 hours ago, Rigginss1 said:

If you thought Jason was trash before the buff you're just a garbage Jason lol. There are so many ways to counter the gang bangs it's not even funny. The way he is now is balanced, and if they wanted to do anything they should have just decreased stun chance in rage. Just use the counselors as shield after grabbing, wait until you can grab, then grab the one with the weapon and swivel to a clear spot and get the kill

He definitely is not balanced now... the game has been nerfed in a way that it is pro counselors and incredibly easy for them to escape/ kill / and Troll Jason.

and when you get a chance take a look at the Jason is weak thread in the suggestion section it may help enlighten you on how weak/ trash Jasons gameplay mechanics are and have become.

also if you think one change to Jasons Rage mode is going to ruin counselors gameplay you must be a garbage counselor player lol! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

He definitely is not balanced now... the game has been nerfed in a way that it is pro counselors and incredibly easy for them to escape/ kill / and Troll Jason.

and when you get a chance take a look at the Jason is weak thread in the suggestion section it may help enlighten you on how weak/ trash Jasons gameplay mechanics are and have become.

If he's so bad then how come the past 60 times I've been Jason I've either 8/8 or 7/8 counselors? If he's that bad how come I'm the only survivor half the game?

1 minute ago, Rigginss1 said:

If he's so bad then how come the past 60 times I've been Jason I've either 8/8 or 7/8 counselors? If he's that bad how come I'm the only survivor half the game?

I can’t speak for your gameplay.... but the developers are speaking for the majority of players hence the changes.

3 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I can’t speak for your gameplay.... but the developers are speaking for the majority of players hence the changes.

Yeah because a majority of players are shit at the game.

15 minutes ago, Rigginss1 said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c511bdd5444666467

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Rigginss1 said:

This could potentially be game breaking especially for Jason's like savini, part 3 part 4 etc. This mechanic could be completely abused by Jason's who do nothing but slash as counselors no longer have a defense against them. If a counselor runs out of stamina while Jason has rage there's practically no longer a way to escape. Combine this with the awful swing hit detection and it just makes the game less enjoyable now, especially as counselors

2 hours ago, Rigginss1 said:

The main reason people have left is because of the million bugs, glitches, and the lack of new content within the game. I've been here since launch and it's felt so much better than what it used to. It's so easy to play Jason and this makes it even easier

LOL! You just joined four hours ago, and from what you wrote , I know for a fact you never played this game before Jason was nerfed.., looks like a bunch of trolls are here to cry about Jason being less of a piñata.

• Like 1

@mattshotcha I like this patch note.

But what about cheaters on PC with: 1) an infinite shift for Jason? 2) fast break free, fast repair,  teleport for counselor?

Did you fix it? %)

• Haha 1