25 minutes ago, JackTV said:

Does it come down to those two options though? I’ve been surviving just fine after Jason rages. That’s why I didn’t see this buff as a big setback for counselors. It’s really not that hard. One-on-One is certainly harder, but a counselor can survive without combat. 

My thing is, adjustments can be made to what’s been done and, to be fair, some parts of the buff don’t make a lot of sense. Firecrackers, for example, should work regardless. It’s already pointless to hit a raging Jason; at least give them firecrackers. Good Jasons can avoid a firecracker stun anyway, so there’s no reason to be immune. Besides, it makes firecrackers more valuable. 

True! I've been using crackers as soon as i find them since they were only good during endgame imo and are now useless for last half of game. Same with flares!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, prodigy5 said:

I realize there has been a great deal of argument about the update. I didn't like it at first, but after giving it a fair chance, it's growing on me as well. However, weather anyone cares to admit it or not, there is a drawback. There is no endgame. You either escape early (in which case, the length and richness of gameplay is short lived) or you survive long enough to conclude that there is no way in hell you're getting out alive. Having the ability to stand a fighting chance in the endgame is much of what gave appeal to the game. 

Glad you're coming around to our side, but if you think about it, the patch has actually made it harder for Jason. Counselors know their dance party is over once Rage activates, and thus are motivated to complete objectives (or if they're normally doing that, complete them faster). This inevitably is going to force Jason to step up his objective-control if he wants to prevent escapes. All the stun immunity in the world isn't going to help him if he checks his map and discovers the cars are on the way out because he spent 10 minutes tunneling one person.

This buff leads to something deeper, IMO. These players don’t want to escape; they want the kill, because they’re typical, testosterone-driven males who can’t fathom “running from anybody”. They don’t adjust their play style because they’ve got the ape brain. “Me strong! Me brave! Me smash!” Have you guys seen how these fools act when a chick enters the lobby? It’s hilarious.

Call it a conspiracy theory, call it ridiculous, but I think it’s true. And it’s not just counselors either. I’ve seen players in both roles talkin shit throughout the match like they’re somethin’. So you can only imagine that getting the kill on Jason is giving them raging e-boners.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, JackTV said:

This buff leads to something deeper, IMO. These players don’t want to escape; they want the kill, because they’re typical, testosterone-driven males who can’t fathom “running from anybody”. They don’t adjust their play style because they’ve got the ape brain. “Me strong! Me brave! Me smash!” Have you guys seen how these fools act when a chick enters the lobby? It’s hilarious.

Call it a conspiracy theory, call it ridiculous, but I think it’s true. And it’s not just counselors either. I’ve seen players in both roles talkin shit throughout the match like they’re somethin’. So you can only imagine that getting the kill on Jason is giving them raging e-boners.

The only thing harder than killing Jason after Rage, are the guys that do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

That is difficulty withing concept of the game, though. We don't want the game to be easy for Jason, we just don't want to spend a game where the monster spends more time in a stunned animation than he does menacing the other characters. To dumb this down a bit for you? Running=challenge and fun. Being stunned=annoying and not fun. 

If I'm Jason and facing a group of beatsticks how does the game go? I grab, get stunned, losing the guy I grabbed and doing nothing to get a kill. Or, I slash they take damage, I get slashed in return. I am stunned. They heal and dance. This goes on forever because they have 2-3 health sprays and likely two uses each. 

The setup now is that yeah, I can spend a decent amount of the early game stunned by those trolls who would rather fight. But then I get thrown a bone via rage and you now have to use some brains to survive. 

If you started out not fighting Jason there is a good chance you'd be off the map well before he gets to rage. If you run, the Jason gets to test his skill in catching you and enjoys the hunt. Win win. 

That may be because a bunch of Vanessa's are not pushing objectives and escaping. We once played where everybody was Chad. High speed, objective pushing lobby. Nobody lived. 

Your best bet is to play within a group of high end competitive counselors. I can go in and wreck random quickplay lobbies too. It's not hard.

If nothing else, some may report you depending on your console of choice.

If for example Microsoft decides to deal with the ton of "quit early" reports by banning you, what then?

Uh..I think you were being attacked for quitting the game. 

It’s is what it is the game is not the same how it was on launch date. Only the original players know how this game really was and now it’s worse than before. Tommy the hero has no reason to help because he can’t fight against Jason in rage mode. Considering he has killed 2 timesinbtge movies. And he has no ability to fight back.

3 hours ago, JackTV said:

That mentality is why my daughters cut back on playing the game.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Greasemunkey75 said:

Only the original players know how this game really was and now it’s worse than before. 

It only got "worse" when Illfonic starting bowing to demands for easy mode from counselors. The new Dev team saw what an enormous fuck-up that was and are taking steps to restore the balance of power back to Jason where it belongs. The game is only "ruined" because the constant bullying and pinyata-parties have become severely hazardous. You are still free to gang up on Jason and kick his ass if you want to, but your time is MUCH better spent trying to escape.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Fair Play said:

That mentality is why my daughters cut back on playing the game.

That’s a hell of a observation, seems to me that you have sucked at Jason and have been killed a lot. This is a rated M game and yet children are playing and yes I’m and the assholes and friends that do whoop that Jason’s ass and Kill Jason because theirs nothing else in the game to do most of the time.SUCK IT UP SOLDIER.

7 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

It only got "worse" when Illfonic starting bowing to demands for easy mode from counselors. The new Dev team saw what an enormous fuck-up that was and are taking steps to restore the balance of power back to Jason where it belongs. The game is only "ruined" because the constant bullying and pinyata-parties have become severely hazardous. You are still free to gang up on Jason and kick his ass if you want to, but your time is MUCH better spent trying to escape.

This is true but I think if when in rage mode the counselors stats should be decreased by at least 50/60 percent meaning the probability of anything working very slim.

I've said it once I'll said it again it's not that they can't do any extra with the game it's the fact they dont want to , if they chase all of us away who paid for the game then they can shut it down . Secondly,  I know Jason who would the room in 6-7 min before update.  People should put the work in the we have to become good players , instead cry because they get beat or killed as Jason what all of us need to remember it's a game , game , game , games are fun this now sucks , until something is done to fix the crap you have decided to give us then you've at least lost one player from day 1 . I've post ideas for better balance with no response probably to much work for you guys , or can't because of lawsuit,  either way thanks for messing up a good game that just needed adjusting to be more fair for both sides because I play both sides and liked being Jason before update . Thanks for reading 

This inadvertantly nerfs Jason against kill squads, since he takes full damage when he doesn't stunned, and doesn't get stunned when he has rage. This also makes teamers even more of a hassle to deal with, as they can give their buddy rage and make the teaming process even easier than it was before. Not sure what the direction was for this, but this isn't at all the buff Jason needed. He needed more HP, a better grab box, and faster kill prompts for grabs. This is a lazy buff lol.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fair Play said:

@mattshotcha when you have the time, could you verify if the Salt Mines still exist or not?

They do not. The Salt Mines were created for peer to peer players who would quit while host, etc. With the move to dedicated servers, there are no more Salt Mines.

Maybe this is anecdotal, but I've found myself trying for the kill (or at least thinking about it) MORE since the latest patch.

I always think escape first, but there's a point in every match where that isn't going to happen. Objectives aren't fixed or people left without. So my next move has been to grab the sweater and see what's up. If Tommy is in play, and Jason is tunneling a counselor or two, and nothing else is found or getting fixed, then the only real options are to kill Jason or die. Might as well go down fighting, right? At the very least, the sweater can be used as a weapon during Rage.

It hasn't always worked, but it seems like the past week I've put myself in position to at least try for the kill more than I ever did before.

10 hours ago, Greasemunkey75 said:

Have you guys seen how these fools act when a chick enters the lobby? It’s hilarious.

You seem to have completely missed the point of my comment. I highlighted the piece of comment I quoted and I mentioned the factor that my daughters (4 of 5 are over the age of 18) have cut back on playing the game, due to the uncivil behavior of males that seem unable to act like rational human beings when a female enters a lobby. Pay closer attention before misinterpreting a comment.

@mattshotcha thanks for the confirmation about the Salt Mines.

7 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

You seem to have completely missed the point of my comment. I highlighted the piece of comment I quoted and I mentioned the factor that my daughters (4 of 5 are over the age of 18) have cut back on playing the game, due to the uncivil behavior of males that seem unable to act like rational human beings when a female enters a lobby. Pay closer attention before misinterpreting a comment.

@mattshotcha thanks for the confirmation about the Salt Mines.

Yeah, I thought you made yourself pretty clear on this one.

Just now, JackTV said:

Yeah, I thought you made yourself pretty clear on this one.

It seems that I have clarify things for some people more than others. At least you got the point I was making.

5 hours ago, Bonker2468 said:

Maybe this is anecdotal, but I've found myself trying for the kill (or at least thinking about it) MORE since the latest patch.

I always think escape first, but there's a point in every match where that isn't going to happen. Objectives aren't fixed or people left without. So my next move has been to grab the sweater and see what's up. If Tommy is in play, and Jason is tunneling a counselor or two, and nothing else is found or getting fixed, then the only real options are to kill Jason or die. Might as well go down fighting, right? At the very least, the sweater can be used as a weapon during Rage.

It hasn't always worked, but it seems like the past week I've put myself in position to at least try for the kill more than I ever did before.

I tried for it last night as Tommy and would have pulled off until I got slashed to death because we couldn't get sweater-girl to use the damn sweater.  From what I can tell, I haven' noticed more people trying  for the kill, but I've definitely noticed more trying for the phone and cars.

23 hours ago, JackTV said:

Get a life

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I tried for it last night as Tommy and would have pulled off until I got slashed to death because we couldn't get sweater-girl to use the damn sweater.  From what I can tell, I haven' noticed more people trying  for the kill, but I've definitely noticed more trying for the phone and cars.

Maybe it's just my personal strategy then. If not the kill, then I know I've been going for the sweater more, whether as a crime of opportunity or a conscious decision to grab an insurance policy.

2 hours ago, Greasemunkey75 said:

Get a life

Looks like I nailed it. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bonker2468 said:

Maybe it's just my personal strategy then. If not the kill, then I know I've been going for the sweater more, whether as a crime of opportunity or a conscious decision to grab an insurance policy.

They may be it. Sweater still works post-Rage so it may be used as a sort of emergency "Get me the fuck away from Jason" item.

On 2/2/2019 at 6:53 AM, ExoticAsFxck said:

You mean you sucked at Jason. Now that hes nearly unstoppable, you'll play again..  You would've never of caught me, by myself. With the old patch. Congratulations, heres your participation trophy 🏆

Precisely. Jason shouldnt be the weakest character in his own game.  Sorry you can't bully him for 20 minutes anymore lol. The fun comes from surviving, not seeing how fast you can kill him. 

27 minutes ago, DarkBitterAndAngry said:

Precisely. Jason shouldnt be the weakest character in his own game.  Sorry you can't bully him for 20 minutes anymore lol. The fun comes from surviving, not seeing how fast you can kill him. 

Let the people of Camp Crystal Lake say amen. 😎

• Like 1