Come on devs there's got to be a better way to make both side happy where he gets kill and we have a chance to fight him as well , I can't believe after 2 years of playing this game this what ya do to it , how about better match making or age groups have it where it's harder to stun in rage but not impossible,  have the perks work and strength luck and all should play a factor,  have it where jason starts game and can hit doors in 3-4 hits but when in rage instead of raging through doors he should be able to hit it in one hit, not rage through and get smacked , once rage kicks in he should morph stalk shift and see faster , give every Jason more traps this will even the playing field and make it fun for all parties , some people will have to put the work in to be better no matter what side you play as , but dont hand these guys an unstoppable Jason or one we can't fight because they downloaded it for free in October.  Also levels should play a factor and so should perks and weapons with better balance this could be fun for any style you play thanks for reading and please consider the things I've said in the post thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Shawn7977 said:

Come on devs there's got to be a better way to make both side happy where he gets kill and we have a chance to fight him as well , I can't believe after 2 years of playing this game this what ya do to it , how about better match making or age groups have it where it's harder to stun in rage but not impossible,  have the perks work and strength luck and all should play a factor,  have it where jason starts game and can hit doors in 3-4 hits but when in rage instead of raging through doors he should be able to hit it in one hit, not rage through and get smacked , once rage kicks in he should morph stalk shift and see faster , give every Jason more traps this will even the playing field and make it fun for all parties , some people will have to put the work in to be better no matter what side you play as , but dont hand these guys an unstoppable Jason or one we can't fight because they downloaded it for free in October.  Also levels should play a factor and so should perks and weapons with better balance this could be fun for any style you play thanks for reading and please consider the things I've said in the post thanks

The Jason piñata wackamole game has ended for the last half of the game, if anything they need to buff Jason more due to i still think he's too easy to beat!

I've got an awesome idea,  give Jason perks too like spawn with more traps ,knives, hard to get mask off that kind of thing , give counselors likely to stun in rage perk and stuff like that yall really could make this game awesome all the way around 

9 minutes ago, Shawn7977 said:

I've got an awesome idea,  give Jason perks too like spawn with more traps ,knives, hard to get mask off that kind of thing , give counselors likely to stun in rage perk and stuff like that yall really could make this game awesome all the way around 

Actually i've thought of this before as a create your own counselor/Jason which would be awsome!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Foldingend said:

No I don’t need to up my game as a councilor I was taking about playing Jason. Which I love playing him but now it is too damn easy and sorry I can still block and counter In public lobbies even with Jason killing squads so no I can’t agree with you on this, but if they are getting you that bad when you are playing Jason maybe you need to up your game there are good players out there who dominate as Jason against those type of councilors and I love watching the run away realizing they just messed up and were too lazy to have anything repaired as a backup plan

If you're so good as Jason, find a high tier group to play with. 

I have the same issue. I go into quickplay and I kill everybody before I hit rage half the time. Unless I have a pal or two who pushes objectives or run across a few random's who do the same, it's a easy run for me. On the other hand when I'm playing against a group who communicates via mic (half the reason QP is so easy is few talk), and push things (I can't be at both vehicles and the phone, not to mention my shack, chasing down my mom's sweater) it's much harder. 

What's funny is I have more "trouble" with random groups of jason killers than objective based ones. by trouble I mean get frustrated. An anecdote. My pal and I were in QP. I realized early on that I was up against a kill squad. Multiple people running medic, and whatnot. I'd slash and get one limping before health spray would be used. It took me most of the game to kill all of them because I couldn't grab without getting stunned and couldn't slash without getting stunned in return.. It wasn't enjoyable. It was this slog of being stunned most of the time because of game mechanics. Granted, I know what I'm doing so I pretty much won at the end (save my pal who got a car out, and one Tiff who outlived her buddies when she threw them under the rug when Tommy died) but what of the players who are not as good as I am? If it wasn't fun for me, I would imagine it's less so for them when they don't get to kill most of the clowns trolling. 

The fact is that I get less out of the new rage than most. Sure that one pal who is a master of looping endgame is going to have more trouble with me, and I now have advantage to beat them, but that is it. That is all this patch helps me with against most lobbies. It also will drop the frustration of dealing with beatstick gangs, but I don't personally run into those too often. What this patch does is helps the average player who hasn't been here since day 1 who is getting stunned from the start of game to finish by people who have been playing since day 1. I notice counselors get real brave when they have pocketknives or are facing a low skilled Jason. They tend to play different when Jason can kill them. This patch means more average Jason's can do just that. 

So while the patch may not help you, it does help the majority of the player base. Again if you need a challenge, play only as counselor and try to outlast the guy with all the advantages, or play with a high tier group. If you're on X-box I'll even invite you to play with my crew of high speed, objective pushing counselors. 

47 minutes ago, Zodemere said:

Actually i've thought of this before as a create your own counselor/Jason which would be awsome!

Sorry, this would be new content and unfortunately the lawsuit prevents this from happening.

great idea though.

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

What does that even mean..?   

So let me get this straight.  You're the last counselor left.  No objectives done.   Jason is in rage...

Ya.. you're fucked.  And you should be.

Maybe if they get slaughtered enough they'll do a little less stunning and a little more escaping. I can't believe some people still haven't figured this out, but the entire point of being a counselor is to ESCAPE... Jason is near-unstoppable for a reason; you're not supposed to arm up and go find him, you're supposed to group up with teammates and GTFO. The more you stun and dance, the quicker Rage activates. Stop fucking with Jason and you'll see that it is still easy to survive the night if you try. 

15 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Sorry, this would be new content and unfortunately the lawsuit prevents this from happening.

great idea though.

We have new content now the mask that shows on the mini map when in rage mode.

But making him unstoppable isnt new content , to hell with that lawsuit they already they can do what they want with this game lawsuit is only about part 1 , Gunn media is a lazy game developer and got everyone's money how is Jason x  Virtual cabin but can be used as a playable character what happened to paranoia mode what happened to a lot of things when it comes to this game get off your butts give the fans what they want and stop given to the people that want to be good as Jason the 1st time they pick up the controller

6 minutes ago, Greasemunkey75 said:

Apparently that doesn’t fall under the same verbiage in the law suits as new content.......  the mask is already in the game when selecting  someone  to play Jason in private match maybe that’s how they can use it as a notification .......I am not sure 🤔 how that stuff all works. 

But if they couldn’t add the mask in their lawyers wouldn’t have let them...

8 hours ago, ExoticAsFxck said:

You mean you sucked at Jason. Now that hes nearly unstoppable, you'll play again..  You would've never of caught me, by myself. With the old patch. Congratulations, heres your participation trophy 🏆

For somebody talking shit, you don't come off as being too good at the game yourself. You'll understand a few comments down.

7 hours ago, ExoticAsFxck said:

So we just hide the whole match? Oof 

Hiding is really only useful in two situations. 1. After the police are called or 2 when somebody else is leading Jason on a chase and you don't want to have him divert to you. Once Jason gets rage, hiding is almost useless. So is holding your breath. 

7 hours ago, QueenOfIllusion said:

I mean this is what I imagined but It was very aggravating to see most of the people doing the bullying were lvl 150’s half the time. People believe I’m whining when I say it’s not fair to make Jason completely invincible but you have to think about it. You are on the run and you have a Jason that is pursuing you. There is no escape from that. When you fix that 4 seater and the majority of the party escapes what about the rest? They still need time to get stuff together to fix remaining objectives. ( I don’t use VC because of the amount of times I’ve been harassed and people probably mute anyway )

It is aggravating to see 150's bullying newbs. As a 150, this is why I'm so happy for the patch. It might let some of our group who have trouble as Jason enjoy it more. 

You might die. The game is a bit random. When the car and the phone are right beside each other? Yeah. 

Not using game mechanics makes the game harder. You can play as intended and speak, or opt out and deal with a tougher experience. That's you call. 

6 hours ago, ExoticAsFxck said:

So how you supposed to fix the stuff if Jason is there? Is he gonna wait for you to fix it, then kill you? You contradicted yourself mate. You said when he goes to an objective, they can't hit you so they can fix the stuff? Makes no sense 😂😂😂

A Deb or Lachoppa can fix stuff with Jason there. Even moreso if somebody guards them. It's two skill checks large enough Helen Keller could make them. Stuff a decent counselor would know..

6 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

He is not completely invincible traps and shotguns still stun him, and I know others wouldn’t be upset if firecrackers or flares or both stunned him in rage also to give counselors a little more counter play 

I think single use items like firecrackers and flares should be in use, as well as letting Tommy stun with melee. It gives him reinforcement as a hero character. Now he fires and escapes. With melee he could spend the whole game protecting weaker counselors.

Idk. Right now, I might take a break from the game. 

Because you're dead once he gets rage. Nothing you can do now 

Oh, because you are a bad counselor. Got it. 

Oof. How are you this dense?  IF you are by YOURSELF, you can't, (and I cant stress this enough) you can not run forever. You will run out of stamina, and get grabbed. This update has really brought out the slasher Jason's again. 

When you're by yourself? Escape? Unless the cops are already called, this statement is irrelevant. 

I've seen some tactics work, even against current rage Jason. You need to know how to manage your stamina. Another advanced tactic that it seems you don't understand. Ah well, at least you get the trophy for participating.

6 hours ago, HuDawg said:

What does that even mean..?   

So let me get this straight.  You're the last counselor left.  No objectives done.   Jason is in rage...

Ya.. you're fucked.  And you should be.

Agreed. Remember back when if you died with the fuse that it glitched under the map? We were on Higgins. Both cars left me, Tommy killed himself with the fuse and I'm the Chad. Last guy. Something like half a game to go. I was fucked. I knew it. I died horribly. It was a blast and I still remember the game nearly two years later.

5 hours ago, ExoticAsFxck said:

Number one, Not EVERY game does everyone have a mic, so I cant do everything by myself, FYI. So teamwork out of question.

Number two, MOST Jason's trap the Phone, and 4 seater. And get ready for this one,(are you ready?) JASON can hear when traps go off 😂😂

If people are not using game mechanics, that is their choice. Maybe find a group who does? Also I've seen team work even without comms. It's not as easy, but it does happen time to time. 

One more advanced tactic. Jason doesn't hear traps go off if they are tripped with the pocket knife. Now you don't come off as somebody to use a knife in said fashion, but it is doable. 

5 hours ago, ExoticAsFxck said:

Lmao 

Experienced Jason's..  You know it's too easy now. Just admit it. 

It was easy before for top tier Jason's to kill a majority. What the patch does is give medium skilled Jasons more of a chance. 

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

The only way a kill is handed to you is if a counselor runs straight up to you..  And hits you while you're in rage. While he's alone.. and has no pocket knife.

Bingo. 

5 hours ago, QueenOfIllusion said:

If you are going by the movies Jason didn’t have shift, morph and all the other stuff either now did he? People still fought back and stunned him didn’t they? May be not everyone but they still did.

No one sees the imbalance of this cause they were so used to a “weak”Jason. Jason always had the upper hand and there were still excellent Jason’s too without the patch. Now anyone can play Jason willynilly and win. No strategy is needed once rage hits when that’s what made a smart Jason. Now with new found immunity they can guard the car, phone etc. “well he can’t be everywhere at once” isn’t a valid excuse either, he can still morph to the car or on the phone like that cause he can hear it. 

i don’t need to be around since launch to see that. It’s still not balanced. Stun resistance boost would be perfect, it still leaves the challenge for both sides all the way until the end. Not just one half of the game.

In the movies the counselors didn't know Jason was around. Maybe a mechanic where they can't run, pick up weapons, or lock doors until they see him would be fair? While Jason never had explicit means to teleport (well, maybe in Manhattan where that trope was stretched too thin) he did cut people off left and right. The game mechanics allow for that without giving Jason a faster run speed than the counselors.

If you play Jason willynilly, a good group will fix stuff and be off the map long before you hit rage. Yes, you can likely chase down that last person lackadaisically, but it won't net you a majority.  

It's Jason's biggest weakness. "He just morphed over here. Fix it." Combined with communication my pal now has time to fix the phone or whatnot before Jason can get back. 

3 hours ago, Foldingend said:

So first there were too many pocket knives when the game out and Jason couldn’t kill the players easily...

Actually first Jason was a complete monster who was almost impossible to escape. Only as we learned the layout of the maps and developed strategy did we have a fighting chance. Then Jason got nerfed, and nerfed again and became a joke. Now we're moving back into Jason is a monster territory. 

59 minutes ago, Greasemunkey75 said:

No we don’t, while I did make a joke about it on the first day it was tongue in cheek, it isn’t new content because it uses old assets from the game.

PS. Glad to see you posting again @Risinggrave

Lmao 

Experienced Jason's..  You know it's too easy now. Just admit it. 

Experience has nothing to do with it. Ive been killing jasons of all experiences. Even before the October flow of newbies

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Apparently that doesn’t fall under the same verbiage in the law suits as new content.......  the mask is already in the game when selecting  someone  to play Jason in private match maybe that’s how they can use it as a notification .......I am not sure 🤔 how that stuff all works. 

But if they couldn’t add the mask in their lawyers wouldn’t have let them...

Im pretty sure the lawsuit was just an excuse for them to stop working on the game because they wanted to move on to their next project. The killer puzzle game just added new stuff. Just noticed that this didnt get put in with above post for some reason?? Sorry about double post

I’m pretty happy with the game right now.  It’s bringing back people that I haven’t played with in a while, most of whom quit around the time of the pocket knife explosion and some more as Jason was nerfed to death.  The game that I backed was one that gave you the chance to play as one of the gratest slashers in horror film history.  This was slowly taken away.  No one fought Jason when this game came out, cause if you did get in striking range, you were in grab range.  You couldn’t tank traps because of stacking.  When you survived, you felt a sense of accomplishment.  That is not the way I’ve felt the last year plus. The escapes I am getting now feel worthwhile again, so that is why I am truly enjoying the game again.  Never stopped playing cause I have a good group to play with.  We are all to my knowledge liking the changes.

20 minutes ago, sfosterjr said:

Im pretty sure the lawsuit was just an excuse for them to stop working on the game because they wanted to move on to their next project.

Then why are they still working on the game, why start doing the Beyond broadcasts, why hire a new Community Lead? 

It doesn’t seem like the facts support them just wanting to move on. 

Overall, I’m in Jason’s corner on this one. I’ve been here since the beginning, and I’ve watched as patch-after-patch weakened him more and more, while counselors grew stronger. It’s been the counselors who appeared to be OP for a long time now. In a way, I’m thankful though, because an OP group of counselors forced me to get better as Jason. I easily tear through experienced groups now. Better players exploiting the game WILL make you better.

That said, I think this change is only “for the moment”, and will be adjusted in time. This is a blunt, untested change and, those always get adjustments before it’s over. So Jason mains that believe they’re taking over the game, enjoy it now, because it won’t last if it’s imbalanced. 

I still think the BEST way to handle the rage stun immunity is to replace immunity with resistance on a sliding scale. When Jason hits rage, his stun immunity chance gets a big boost, and that percentage chance increases every time he gets stunned. If he gets hit enough, he’ll become immune to the stun altogether. This will give counselors a fighting chance, while it’s up to the counselors to choose their battles wisely. It’ll discourage gang beat downs on multiple levels (especially together with the Battle Chads’ greatest bane, the multi-slash), without making counselor players feel like their situation is completely hopeless. This creates greater strategic play and everybody has more fun.

45 minutes ago, sfosterjr said:

Im pretty sure the lawsuit was just an excuse for them to stop working on the game because they wanted to move on to their next project. The killer puzzle game just added new stuff. Just noticed that this didnt get put in with above post for some reason?? Sorry about double post

Yes. Somehow, Killer Puzzle is consistently adding new content. On a regular basis. And it’s not from existing assets in the game. It’s brand new Jasons and other content. They never stopped. They never even slowed down! Lol

According to the developers of Killer Puzzle, they too, are affected by the lawsuit, but what they can add is supposedly linked to the simpler nature of the game’s visuals and mechanics. Rather than being modeled after the movies like F13 is, Killer Puzzle just uses the Jsson/Mother concept; everything else is just made-up stuff, not taking much from the IP. Take it for what it’s worth. 

Black Tower was hired for bugs and maintenance, and nothing more. They’re smaller than Illfonic, who was small enough themselves. GUN is a publisher; they can have as many projects as they can handle. They don’t need to abandon one project to take on another.

10 hours ago, DarkBitterAndAngry said:

As a former player who quit this game a while ago, this makes me want to pick it back up again. Jason's weak nature was one of my major reasons for quitting, I absolutely love this!! This patch will bring some players back who didn't like what Jason had become in the past.

10 hours ago, ExoticAsFxck said:

You mean you sucked at Jason. Now that hes nearly unstoppable, you'll play again..  You would've never of caught me, by myself. With the old patch. Congratulations, heres your participation trophy 🏆 Nearly unstoppable and unstoppable are two different things.

10 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

There's a world of difference between stunning Jason to save a teammate or buy time to restart a car or fix a phone, and stunning Jason because you're an obnoxious asshole. Once people understand the difference, then they'll see why this patch came along.

9 hours ago, Greasemunkey75 said:

I have only survived for 20 mins once but now the perks are changed to defense than offense.

Patches from the past have shaken up which perks are used. It keeps the game interesting, and evolves the trends used for survival. If you were here when certain changes were made, you know that this is right on schedule. A change is made, a lot of people get upset, and then eventually changes are made. This time is not different.

And there's still Jason's exploiting the knife-car glitch.

Not every Jason is doing that. In fact, not every Jason may be aware of that.

So how you supposed to fix the stuff if Jason is there?

1. Run away and double back when he leaves to do something else.

2. Get someone to protect you while you fix the objective.

3. Lead Jason away, and let someone else fix the objective.

Those are three very good options.

IF you are by YOURSELF, you can't, (and I cant stress this enough) you can not run forever. You will run out of stamina, and get grabbed. This update has really brought out the slasher Jason's again. 

The simple solution, is don't be alone. Find someone to travel with, and have their back. There's safety in numbers, usually.

Number one, Not EVERY game does everyone have a mic, so I cant do everything by myself, FYI. So teamwork out of question.

There are ways to communicate without using a mic. Emotes are the most obvious way, but there are other methods as well.

Number two, MOST Jason's trap the Phone, and 4 seater. And get ready for this one,(are you ready?) JASON can hear when traps go off

Most Jason players follow those default moves. If you know Jason can hear traps, use that to your advantage. Knowledge is power.

I like how you think the objectives can get done EVERY game. 

Every objective won't get done in every match. At least 1 or 2 could get done every match, if the counselors wanted them to.

I gotta stop replying on here, cuz of warnings.(I guess)

If you got a warning for your replies, then consider choosing your words more wisely in the future. You can get your point across without being rude. I give that same advice to anyone I see doing that kind of behavior. Think before you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

6 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

They can when people play Competently hell,  I have repaired both cars and called Tommy  and the cops all  in one match.....and uh get this never stunned Jason once  What were the other six counselors doing?

2 hours ago, sfosterjr said:

That is a very bold opinion to post considering you have no proof to show for yourself........ a conspiracy theory that the Developers at Gun Media continue to disprove with adding a new developer Black tower to work on the game, continued patches and communication.... and events for the game.

they are definitely limiting to what they can do but if leaving the game behind was the intention they are doing a bang up job of doing the opposite.