3 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

7. Hiding perks should work properly and especially epics and legendary perks should be able to trump Jason's sense considerably well. Hiding in this game is almost useless save the first few minutes of the game. It should be a viable option to escape Jason. Now, I understand trolls would abuse this but hiding, even with perks can be balanced. Have it where if you are in a hiding spot more than 3 minutes, your location is completely exposed ie: meaning Jason's sense shows him exactly what closet, bed or port-a-john you are in. If Jason is in an area longer than 3 minutes it's a rare thing. It allows hiding to be a viable means of avoiding Jason but does not allow someone to just phone it in for 20 minutes in a closet.

Oh also in regards to this, if the timer gets to the 2 minute warning, this does not apply. Hiding at this point is null and void. Also for more balance, when the timer gets to 5 minutes remaining, you only get 45 seconds before you are exposed.

4 hours ago, JackTV said:

I agree. You’re pretty awesome.👍🏻

In their defense, they’re just growing tired of the bellyaching. Those of us who welcome the new change watched — from launch — Jason getting weaker and weaker through nerfs; not because Jason was too powerful, but because people playing as counselors didn’t try to get better. They didn’t try to LEARN the game, or expand their play styles. F13 is not Fortnite or Call of Duty; it’s a very DIFFERENT multiplayer game where tactics and team work are critical. You can’t run into a match guns-blazing; you have to play smart to survive.

And, because these players had no desire to learn, they kept whining until Jason was made weak enough for them to survive. And still, that wasn’t enough. They kept complaining until Jason was nerfed to the point that he was virtually powerless against stacked groups. In other words, these players weren’t good at the game, so they complained their way to success. They wanted F13 to play like the more casual, mainstream games they’re accustomed to. Essentially, they wanted to press the “win” button, and succeed automatically. 

So as you can probably guess, the more faithful players here are ecstatic that they’re trying to re-balance the game. 

Yeah I can agree with that. I was a fairly new player since October 2018 and I love the strategy. Even from there I did research to figure out how to play it the correct way. It's hard when other people don't do the same. Me and my friends try but its overwhelmed with people who don't have the same mindset. Hopefully this new update will put that into action but it won't happen right away, people are still trying the same routine of winging it. I loved learning how to play the right way and it makes the game so much better. I hope that they continue to update the game like this! it's really exciting! It'd be heartbreaking to see the game go under and give up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

I would be fine with the changed that have been promoted by the community.

1. No stuns when Jason rages through doors/walls ... so He can blast through that wooden door but the bat swung right behind it stuns him? No chance. Plus, he has the animation to deal with by doing so which gives counselors the chance to flee, not wait to hit for free stuns.

2. Fire pokers, tree branches, machetes, frying pans, wrenches and other weapons with lower stun chances ... should not be stunning Jason, whether in rage or not. The weapons with a higher stun chance should have always been based on their stats and perk combinations.

3. Characters with low strength should be stunning Jason like .1 percent of the time no matter what weapon they have. 

4. When in RAGE, items like baseball bats, axes and the like can get a stun on Jason, but break in 1 hit. That is the tradeoff.

5. Firecrackers should not just stun Jason, they should disorient him for 30 seconds. After being hit with firecrackers,  Jason is stunned (less stun time maybe 1-2 seconds) but then, Jason's sense should be completely bonkers for the following 30-45 seconds (depending on perks) which allows counselors an opportunity to leave the area. What I mean by bonkers is, cabins light up and flash in alternating fashion and any counselors out in the open cause red flashes of live bodies in several directions. Forcing the disoriented Jason to pick one with a 33% chance of being right. ie: if 3 counselors are running away from Jason, he sees 9 live bodies in red during sense and has to pick between them. Several cabins flash on and off in sequence with some being real and some not to again force him to choose. Jason can also choose to wait out the 30-45 seconds but risks counselors getting out of his sense area by doing so. Also during Rage, this time is lowered to 5-10 seconds.

6. Counselors who loop around a table 3 or more times should prompt Jason the ability to destroy said table.

7. Hiding perks should work properly and especially epics and legendary perks should be able to trump Jason's sense considerably well. Hiding in this game is almost useless save the first few minutes of the game. It should be a viable option to escape Jason. Now, I understand trolls would abuse this but hiding, even with perks can be balanced. Have it where if you are in a hiding spot more than 3 minutes, your location is completely exposed ie: meaning Jason's sense shows him exactly what closet, bed or port-a-john you are in. If Jason is in an area longer than 3 minutes it's a rare thing. It allows hiding to be a viable means of avoiding Jason but does not allow someone to just phone it in for 20 minutes in a closet.

Anyone who bitches about this is straight up crying just to cry. I have implemented Jason AND Counselor buffs in this outline, all of which are fair.

7 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Anyone playing Jason can press a button and grab someone also the controls are quite similar.....melee is harder because counselors can actually dodge and fight back against it.

and Friday the 13th is like the “original” Slasher film.....where in the film you bump off characters in succession one after the other.

The game does the exact same thing so..they definitely go hand and hand.

So having that tool/ weapon/ ability available to the slasher in the game makes complete sense..... not having a slashing melee in the game wouldn’t be true to the spirit of the films.

Anyone can press the grab button, true, but Jason’s new grab mechanic requires skill to grab successfully on s consistent basis. His animation must finish before he can grab again, and can’t pivot in the meantime, while counselors have a full 360 degrees of motion. 

In addition, good counselors can juke the grab. The slash, on the other hand, is easy for anyone to get kills. Just pressing the button equals instant success. Even moreso now. 

What I was talking about regarding the slasher thing is that just because a movie sub genre has a coined term doesn’t mean the act of slashing needs to be in the game. The two are completely unrelated. In fact, in any of these movies, there is rarely a slash to be seen. Kills don’t happen with a guy walking around incessantly slashing at fresh air; the movies are about the kill set pieces.

Theres a reason slash kills are worth significantly less XP. Like I said, it doesn’t matter to me how players get their jollies; my main point regarding slashing is that it takes far less skill from an already-overpowered killer. Slash kills is like the repeated button presses in a fighting game that results in a hundred toe kicks as opposed to the opponent who is exercising skillful maneuvers. Both are legal, but are also a reflection on the quality of the player. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Let me make this clear in the entire time I have been on the forums and played the game I have never heard a member cry out for invincibility.....that was how the developers decided to deal with the so called “kill squads” and “trolls”.

and even though you don’t like it it is very much a good representation of how the developers wanted Jason to interact with counselors players.....is it perfect, no but definitely the right direction.

This is definitely not the vision the developers had for the game if you haven’t watched the Gun media Beyond stream I suggest you do it may help you see why the changes were made in a 1v1 situation a counselor shouldn’t stand a chance and you want to beat on him for 20 minutes yourself..... that’s terrible gameplay mechanics anyway you look at it.

I truly hate “ get gud!” Statements it is only used by people who want to make themselves feel more superior than others, like telling someone after handing them out an asswhiping that they need to try harder is necessary  At all....

Yeah, I hate get good statements too. It doesn't matter if no one whined. It doesn't matter why they did it. It is boring to me now after 2 years of action packed gameplay. I personally don't like games that take themselves too seriously trying to be ultra realistic or true to a certain theme. It usually turns the game into a laborious experience all in the name of some picturesque nostalgic baloney.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JackTV said:

Anyone can press the grab button, true, but Jason’s new grab mechanic requires skill to grab successfully on s consistent basis. His animation must finish before he can grab again, and can’t pivot in the meantime, while counselors have a full 360 degrees of motion. 

In addition, good counselors can juke the grab. The slash, on the other hand, is easy for anyone to get kills. Just pressing the button equals instant success. Even moreso now. 

What I was talking about regarding the slasher thing is that just because a movie sub genre has a coined term doesn’t mean the act of slashing needs to be in the game. The two are completely unrelated. In fact, in any of these movies, there is rarely a slash to be seen. Kills don’t happen with a guy walking around incessantly slashing at fresh air; the movies are about the kill set pieces.

Theres a reason slash kills are worth significantly less XP. Like I said, it doesn’t matter to me how players get their jollies; my main point regarding slashing is that it takes far less skill from an already-overpowered killer. Slash kills is like the repeated button presses in a fighting game that results in a hundred toe kicks as opposed to the opponent who is exercising skillful maneuvers. Both are legal, but are also a reflection on the quality of the player. 

The grab is no more skilled than slashing just more rewarding.

(you still point the direction pad at who you want to slash or grab...exactly the same mechanics.)

My points were mainly about explaining  why slashing should be in the game and taking them out wouldn’t be in the spirit of the films, the genre ... or the game and I would say there are more slashes in the films than you think 🤔 some were missed attempts like Jason goes to hell when he slashes at the female FBI agent in the beginning of the film and  others like when Roy slashes Tommy at the end of Part 5 or the slash feast that was the end of Freddy vs Jason when the two of them throw down on each other! 

We will have to agree to disagree.

I found that being beat up as Jason and beating him up myself extremely entertaining. It gave the experience that perfect addition of spice to keep me coming back for another ass whipping. And now its all changed. Oh, and speaking of keeping it "true" to the genre: Here's a little kicker for ya. Someone, at least one, always somehow managed to survive in every single one of the films. Chew on that one a while.

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

The grab is no more skilled than slashing just more rewarding.

(you still point the direction pad at who you want to slash or grab...exactly the same mechanics.)

My points were mainly about explaining  why slashing should be in the game and taking them out wouldn’t be in the spirit of the films, the genre ... or the game and I would say there are more slashes in the films than you think 🤔 some where missed attempts like Jason goes to hell when he slashes at the female FBI agent in the beginning of the film and  others like when Roy slashes Tommy at the end of Part 5 or the slash feast that was the end of Freddy vs Jason when the two of them throw down on each other! 

We will have to agree to disagree.

Yeah, I don’t have a problem with it, to be honest. It made me curious though. 

The slash was definitely needed for the gang-bangs to be sure. Nothing scatters a party of Battle Chads like a good slash. 

2 minutes ago, JackTV said:

Yeah, I don’t have a problem with it, to be honest. It made me curious though. 

The slash was definitely needed for the gang-bangs to be sure. Nothing scatters a party of Battle Chads like a good slash. 

Oh you are definitely correct!!! The slash is battle chads worst enemy.

My game was working fine last night. Now, all of a sudden when I went  to play tonight, there are seemingly no lobbies for me to join? I restarted the queue over 20 times and have waited over 30 minutes total. I am so confused as to why I can't find a lobby to play in when I know there are multiple? 

7 minutes ago, prodigy5 said:

I found that being beat up as Jason and beating him up myself extremely entertaining. It gave the experience that perfect addition of spice to keep me coming back for another ass whipping. And now its all changed. Oh, and speaking of keeping it "true" to the genre: Here's a little kicker for ya. Someone, at least one, always somehow managed to survive in every single one of the films. Chew on that one a while.

Here is something to chew on no one beat the shit out of Jason in any of the films for 20 minuets straight either.

yes,  someone survived in the films they just didn’t have it easy slapping the killer around at the end and then murdering him.

12 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Oh you are definitely correct!!! The slash is battle chads worst enemy.

My worst enemy as chad was a pro stalk shift grab. Nothing else could stop me. I forced Jason to play!

12 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Here is something to chew on no one beat the shit out of Jason in any of the films for 20 minuets straight either.

yes,  someone survived in the films they just didn’t have it easy slapping the killer around at the end and then murdering him.

But you're the one who wants it true to the spirit of the genre. So why are there matches with no survivors? huh?

This is worse, it takes time to enter the game.

now the cheats that play in group helping Jason can do theirs, also Jason does not die after entering anger mode.

fix that quickly please

6 minutes ago, prodigy5 said:

My worst enemy as chad was a pro stalk shift grab. Nothing else could stop me. I forced Jason to play!

Not from my experience... 3 well placed slash bait and slashes took care of them in no time.

3 minutes ago, prodigy5 said:

But you're the one who wants it true to the spirit of the genre. So why are there matches with no survivors? huh?

Because not every match will play out like every film....

sometimes Jason is going to wipe them all out sometimes they will escape....the number of survivors will very depending on how the match is played.

you are talking to the former heavyweight bait n stick master. I pop you then  spray one leg then spray the other one.

1 minute ago, prodigy5 said:

you are talking to the former heavyweight bait n stick master. I pop you then  spray one leg then spray the other one.

Who took your title ?....since you are the former champ.

This game has changed some much over the months it has gotten bad. But the one thing people are not saying a about the new content that is not supposed to be in the due to the lawsuit. I’m referring to the mask showing on map in rage mode. That’s new content WTF!

Just now, OCT 31 1978 said:

Who took your title ?....since you are the former champ.

This damn patch LOL!

14 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Tina whipped Jason’s ass.😂

I’m not the biggest fan ever of 7 or anything, but I loved the concept of Jason meeting someone that challenged him. 

2 minutes ago, JackTV said:

I’m not the biggest fan ever of 7 or anything, but I loved the concept of Jason meeting someone that challenged him. 

Yeah, maybe we will get telekinesis in the hotfix! 🤣

• Haha 1

Why is it they can’t fix Jason breaking the door in melee because it looks like he is halfway through the door when he attacks it. Why is Roy almost as strong as saving Jason and he is a fake. The grab is sometimes like it pulls you like a magnet, it needs to be toned down a little.

Can someone clarify for me, now that the hot fix is in, what can be used to drop Jason to his knees for the kill when he is in rage mode? Is it only a shotgun? Or can a bat, ax, pan, etc. still be used? I’ve asked this question a couple of times but no one seems to have a solid answer as of yet.

1 minute ago, Treymaker said:

Can someone clarify for me, now that the hot fix is in, what can be used to drop Jason to his knees for the kill when he is in rage mode? Is it only a shotgun? Or can a bat, ax, pan, etc. still be used? I’ve asked this question a couple of times but no one seems to have a solid answer as of yet.

They say you have to use the shotgun to get him on his knees and then you use axe or machete.

14 minutes ago, JackTV said:

Jason definitely caught a telekinetic beat down in part 7..... hardly the same as what was going on in the game.

and a side note If Tina had not brought her “Zombie” dad back at the end she would have been dead meat 🍖.

Ok thanks, so the rage mode stun invicibility DOES extend even to knocking him to his knees.  Interesting, I like it, people are going to have to value and save their shotguns more strategically if they want a shot to kill Jason. Killing Jason should be Uber hard and ultra rare, this lends itself to that outcome.