Excellent patch by the sounds of it, I'll actually take a break from spamming RE2 to play it :)

I'm wondering though, can counselors be freed from Jason's grab by attacks when he has rage mode after tomorrow's patch?

• Like 2

Jason being unstunnable in rage mode is a tad op being he spends half the game in said mode.  Maybe change the rage timer to the 15 minute mark ?

• Like 5

Nice to hear about jason's buff. I have one question. If i hit jason while in rage mode, i gain stamina or not? 

So is it no longer possible to kill Jason while he is in rage mode? It says he is able to be stunned by Pamela’s sweater but will he be able to be stunned by a weapon to drop him to his knees for the killing animation?

7 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

So is it no longer possible to kill Jason while he is in rage mode? It says he is able to be stunned by Pamela’s sweater but will he be able to be stunned by a weapon to drop him to his knees for the killing animation?

The shotgun will be able to put him on his knees.  They said so in the livestream. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Mayhem said:

Jason being unstunnable in rage mode is a tad op being he spends half the game in said mode.  Maybe change the rage timer to the 15 minute mark ?

He will not enter rage until 12 or 13 minutes in already, if the counselors don't have a piñata party. In case you know absolutely nothing about our dear Mr. Voorhees... he is the one who is supposed to be a bit more than a 'tad' over powered.
   This should also be nice for Jason players who spend more than half the match locked in a stun animation... which is pretty far from being over powered.

8 minutes ago, Xenaurora said:

So you basically made the game EVEN EASIER for Jason! Lovely. Just lovely.

I wouldn't say it will be easier for Jason at all... nothing in this update will alter my playstyle as a counselor and I escape quite often... without having to take a swing at him at all.
   It just might make things harder for people that want to fight Jason and kill him... but that was the point... It might also turn the tables on the trolls, which was also the point. The goal was to make it harder to bully or kill Jason.
   And I agree, it is lovely, just lovely.

1 minute ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

In the stream today, they did say that knocking Jason to his knees in the sweater stun will work normally... but we will have to see after the patch comes out. The shotgun will still stun him in rage mode as well... so if it comes down to a weapon not knocking him to his knees in the sweater stun animation, the Jason hunters will have to keep a shotgun for this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I play the game on  99% of the time PS4 but do have it on Xbox, I think you are greatly exaggerating,  Jason is Pathetic on ALL platforms , if you think this will be game breaking , I take it you never played this game at launch, where Jason wasn’t a piñata and you actually had to work with a group of people to survive, it much to easy  for counselors which is the main reason why most people have moved on from this game, this game was initially designed for counselors to die more than live, this game is upside down and has been for a long time.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

I play the game on  99% of the time PS4 but do have it on Xbox, I think you are greatly exaggerating,  Jason is Pathetic on ALL platforms , if you think this will be game breaking , I take it you never played this game at launch, where Jason wasn’t a piñata and you actually had to work with a group of people to survive, it much to easy  for counselors which is the main reason why most people have moved on from this game, this game was initially designed for counselors to die more than live, this game is upside down and has been for a long time.

The main reason people have left is because of the million bugs, glitches, and the lack of new content within the game. I've been here since launch and it's felt so much better than what it used to. It's so easy to play Jason and this makes it even easier

So what are counselors going to do when he's in rage mode and he grabs someone you're trying to save by hitting him with a melee weapon? Will that not stun him and just let him kill your counselor buddy unless they have a pocketknife? Or will it just flinch him for a split second, which will lead him to spamming that grab button again or resort to slashing the both of you to death? That'd also mean firecrackers and flare guns are useless for the counselors who aren't fit to fight like Deborah or La Chappa.

Shotguns are already so rare in the game if you have to rely on that only to save someone else...the most I've seen spawn in a round is 2; usually around a campfire and, if you're lucky, in the big house/bathrooms. The other exception is Tommy Jarvis who comes with a shotgun already.

Not saying that the update is bad; it's good they're patching up glitches that people are abusing. I get that it's supposed to be more challenging with the buffs for Jason, even more so with the limited number of supplies and weapons for counselors, but I feel the 100% invincibility to an already powerful Jason during rage mode is a bit much. A more reduced stun chance seems more logical than locking out the stun chance completely, which makes sucker punch a useless skill toward the 10-15 minute mark when there is most likely only 1 or 2 counselors left. There are also various other glitches like the throwing knife to a moving car that work in Jason's favor, which puts even the best of counselors in deplorable situations that leaves them to die. 

• Like 2

"Rage Indicator will show on the minimap when Jason enters Rage Mode."

What exactly does this mean?

Otherwise, all is good, but I would have liked to have seen the grab adjusted and/or reverted back to the old one, however.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I'm wondering though, can counselors be freed from Jason's grab by attacks when he has rage mode after tomorrow's patch?

I would like to know this too. 

Looks like bunch of Jason players cried and cried to the DEVS. That's okay, we can just sit in safe spaces now for the whole game since we can't stun Jason anymore. 

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

We're looking into it, but it may end up being a necessary blocker. I'm new, and I think it's a fix to a breachable spot.

Thanks for mentioning it, it could be fixed by making a pile of luggage between the back of the staircase and the front wall of the Higgins house. The two front windows would become better dodges for Counselors in exchange for not being able to walk left when coming through the front door. 

1 minute ago, Dolemite said:

"Rage Indicator will show on the minimap when Jason enters Rage Mode."

What exactly does this mean?

Otherwise, all is good, but I would have liked to have seen the grab adjusted and/or reverted back to the old one, however.

His mask flashes three times on your mini map

2 minutes ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

His mask flashes three times on your mini map

Best new content ever, 😂

Sorry had to point it out, I do like it though. 

• Haha 1

Let's just make a Jason killing party, so they cry more. 

How about y'all fix something useful. Like fix when Jason throws a knife at the car, it doesn't fly in the god damn air, or go under the map.  Its cheating, just because they can't catch the car. 

Sounds good, i Believe all here wants a Hardcore Jason like past...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, i-cold said:

Sounds good, i Believe all here wants a Hardcore Jason like past...

The majority do!

but apparently the guys who like to play Rock’em Sock’em Jason are already trying to start a pity party without even playing the new patch yet...

@ExoticAsFxck

your posts about hiding in safe spaces make you seem like the type of toxic troll players the Developers want to weed out.... give the patch a chance before assuming it is the most terrible thing in the world....

the so called “ Jason” players that “Cried“ and “Cried” have had to make changes to their play style since the very first patch and with everyone after nerfing Jason to make it easier for counselors play....

Nothing has been taken away from Counselors players Jason can still be stunned in rage mode just not how you are used to... it may require you to update or change your play style....welcome to the club...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cucumberflesh said:

That'd also mean firecrackers and flare guns are useless for the counselors who aren't fit to fight like Deborah or La Chappa.

Yeah, this is where I think the Devs are going to have to back track the update. I don't think firecrackers nor flare guns are prevalent enough in the game to have to nerf them against a raged Jason. This is overkill.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Yeah, this is where I think the Devs are going to have to back track the update. I don't think firecrackers nor flare guns are prevalent enough in the game to have to nerf them against a raged Jason. This is overkill.

Even then half the time firecrackers don't work and Jason bugs out and walks straight through them

• Like 2

@Kodiak @BigJay

Yup. When Jason is in rage mode he'll still drop a counselor when hit, he just won't be stunned.

Parking the car in the Pinehurst barn... I swear if I had known that could be done, what a laugh.

15 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

The majority do!

but apparently the guys who like to play Rock’em Sock’em Jason are already trying to start a pity party without even playing the new patch yet...

@ExoticAsFxck

your posts about hiding in safe spaces make you seem like the type of toxic troll players the Developers want to weed out.... give the patch a chance before assuming it is the most terrible thing in the world....

the so called “ Jason” players that “Cried“ and “Cried” have had to make changes to their play style since the very first patch and with everyone after nerfing Jason to make it easier for counselors play....

Nothing has been taken away from Counselors players Jason can still be stunned in rage mode just not how you are used to... it may require you to update or change your play style....welcome to the club...

I bet you throw a knife at the car when you can't catch it. Jason is still gonna get his ass kicked. 

18 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

The majority do!

@ExoticAsFxck

Oh you mean the shotgun in which only 2 spawn? And fire crackers that don't work half the time? Yeah not bs at all. I just have to change my playstyle. I get crippled while he's in rage mode and can't stun him and heal so I'm dead without any chance? Really balanced and fun game design. If you're so garbage that you need not be stunned in rage to kill all 7 counselors you shouldn't play. This new patch is going to completely break the game. Characters like buggszy Chad Vanessa and Adam are going to be almost completely useless after the patch considering at the 10 min mark their entire playstyle are useless. It gives slashing Jasons and destruction Jason's an edge as nothing can be done to stop them unless you have one of the two shotguns that spawn

16 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I disagree. Firecrackers are definitely prevalent in addition to having the option to spawn with them, including an expanded radius. Flare guns, there's enough of them in the maps as it is. 

The counselors are going to just have to adjust and make an actual effort to not send Jason in to rage a few minutes in to the match. They should be focusing on the objectives, as should Jason, rather than fighting him right out of the gate. 

It'll be different experience trying to escape a non-raged Jason by cooperating, actually delivering parts, repairs, looping, kiting, etc. Players have a 10 minute window to get out while avoiding combat, not to mention how much the small maps already favor them.

• Like 1