Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, JackTV said:

Not sure why Jason needs to avoid a knife, really. Here, I side with counselors.

If a counselor is a few feet from escaping to the cops, then a knife is the difference, so I understand if a Jason slashes. But how often is that the case?

I don’t understand why Jason needs to slash counselors, to be honest. A knife buys you a little time, but nothing more. If a Jason who gets knifed can’t catch the counselor again, Jason needs to seriously up his game. New players get a pass, but I’m surprised experienced Jasons need to slash to get a kill. 

Slashing is actually more difficult than grabbing..... does it feel a little cheap to be killed that way sure but Jason kills people slashing is a legitimate way to do it.... and the salt that comes from it is priceless...

I know I will definitely tone it down with the new patch now that Jason is more of a threat and his melee swing does more damage to multiple counselors....

but I don’t see anything wrong with slashing in a slasher game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Slashing is actually more difficult than grabbing..... does it feel a little cheap to be killed that way sure but Jason kills people slashing is a legitimate way to do it.... and the salt that comes from it is priceless...

I know I will definitely tone it down with the new patch now that Jason is more of a threat and his melee swing does more damage to multiple counselors....

but I don’t see anything wrong with slashing in a slasher game.

The only reason I despise slashing is because of how crappy it looks when you kill someone with it. Kills the immersion for me. I’ve been saying since the beginning that they need to add a better kill animation with the slashing. Like the final slash lops the counselor’s head off. Or  cuts their torso in half. Or even just drops them to their knees, where you can let them bleed out, or get a free grab kill.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Xenofon1313 said:

I said make Jason as strong as you want BUT NOT immune to stuns when raging.

1)Reduce 50-60% stun ratio

2) Immune to stuns when Jason break doors

3)Increase Jason's speed

4)Unlimited sense and stalk

And many other things. At least you have a chance to survive the night. The devs are lazy and gave him immune bc it was easy for them to do it. 

I agree with the increased stalk. I said that also. However bashing the devs, i don't agree with they're trying their best to please the fan base of this game. I don't like this patch either and i love Jason but there's plenty of ways to make Jason scary and i feel this isn't it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

The only reason I despise slashing is because of how crappy it looks when you kill someone with it. Kills the immersion for me. I’ve been saying since the beginning that they need to add a better kill animation with the slashing. Like the final slash lops the counselor’s head off. Or  cuts their torso in half. Or even just drops them to their knees, where you can let them bleed out, or get a free grab kill.  

Definitely agree the animation could be more violent it definitely needed more polish to not seem so cheap....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Slashing is actually more difficult than grabbing..... does it feel a little cheap to be killed that way sure but Jason kills people slashing is a legitimate way to do it.... and the salt that comes from it is priceless...

I know I will definitely tone it down with the new patch now that Jason is more of a threat and his melee swing does more damage to multiple counselors....

but I don’t see anything wrong with slashing in a slasher game.

Well, not saying anything is wrong with it, per se. I just think it takes much more skill to grab. Anyone can pull a trigger. And honestly, the slash stops counselors in any animation they’re in. In addition, knives are rendered useless for defense. This was a problem I always had with a slash. Don’t get it twisted; I find the knife far more useful to disarm traps. I think using a knife for a grab defense is a waste, unless in very specific situations. 

I do kind of disagree with the slash/slasher thing though. Jason doesn’t slash in the game because F13 is slasher franchise; it’s just a pop term for a subgenre of horror films. The slasher genre and the act of slashing don’t go hand-in-hand. 

I don’t care how people play, I just admit, after all this time, I’m surprised experienced Jasons need it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

@TRUxNOIR, stunning Jason is not the only way to regain stamina.

@Treymaker, I wanna say yes, but don't quote me on that.

@Vanessaismymain, as a community, we could pull together, if people wouldn't take their views to the extreme, and consider things from the perspective of others.

@Zodemere, it sounds like you have your head on straight in this game. Carry on.

@BeautyNumber2, on the bright side, you and I both know that every person here doesn't speak for every player not here.

@WildfireXR, what happened to your account?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

This is borderline.....one of the most incoherent posts I have ever read.... you want to take slashing way from the slasher in his own game.....?????

and pocket knives have never been useless.... if you mean because the Jason you have faced always slash that because a few patches ago knives were out of control and slashing became the new meta to deal with it...which is still a sound strategy

Incoherent? Oh, well let me be a little more CLEAR! Yes, I want to take slashing away from the perpetual noobie who cried for invincibility because he never really cared enough about the game to begin with, but only whined instead of learning how to shift grab and deal with trolls the way I did. I'm not saying this update makes a bad Jason instantly any good. What I am saying is the devs are sympathizing with lazy instant gratification seeking kindergarten level Jason players, resulting in removing aspects of the game which were suited for we the collegiate, such as beating the crap out of Jason all by myself for 20 minutes which, in my opinion, is extremely... NOT BORING! not to mention very motivating for the bad Jason player to help him start thinking critically and, as they say "git gud!" Because as a pre patch Jason, I very much had to get good. Yes, I love playing Jason and councilor. And yes, I'd rather be trolled by a baseball bat mob than be "bored out of my skull because playing Jason is no challenge for me at all now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salt is early quitn , Not anger  over loosing, I'm a stunner but not a toxic troll my counselor is weak n slow I got a stunn him or kiss my ass goodbye ,I don't give a Damon about trolls,UPDATE the patch providing Jason's resilience to stunn in rage has caused an exploit  NO method  can be used to knock him to his knees, it can not be done, he cant be killed no matter what! I got 7 matches worth of data b4 rage after rage shotgun etc. IT CANT BE DONE,  opinions of how people play are irrelevant the game offers choice i dint wanna fukn escape if i wanna survive the night I got the option, ur forcing people wanna kill Jason that a thier business not hrs if you wanna escaoe people running thier mouths judging everyones motives certainly isn't helping a dam thing,  we have a problem,  Jason and the went the problem maps and glitches were , why fix it if it ain't broken, now it's impossible,   YOU HAVE RUIND THE GAME like it or not accepted  it , it's a fact , Illfonics knows what to do?now it's already getting out a hand..

 

8Salt is early quitn , Not anger  over loosing, I'm a stunner but not a toxic troll my counselor is weak n slow I got a stunn him or kiss my ass goodbye ,I don't give a Damon about trolls,UPDATE the patch providing Jason's resilience to stunn in rage has caused an exploit  NO method  can be used to knock him to his knees, it can not be done, he cant be killed no matter what! I got 7 matches worth of data b4 rage after rage shotgun etc. IT CANT BE DONE,  opinions of how people play are irrelevant the game offers choice i dint wanna fukn escape if i wanna survive the night I got the option, ur forcing people wanna kill Jason that a thier business not hrs if you wanna escaoe people running thier mouths judging everyones motives certainly isn't helping a dam thing,  we have a problem,  Jason and the went the problem maps and glitches were , why fix it if it ain't broken, now it's impossible,   YOU HAVE RUIND THE GAME like it or not accepted  it , it's a fact , Illfonics knows what to do?now it's already getting out a hand.. on ps4 he cannot be killed peroid. .....there's no maybe I'm a pro and we had 0 room for error, fix it please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JackTV said:

Not sure why Jason needs to avoid a knife, really. Here, I side with counselors.

If a counselor is a few feet from escaping to the cops, then a knife is the difference, so I understand if a Jason slashes. But how often is that the case?

I don’t understand why Jason needs to slash counselors, to be honest. A knife buys you a little time, but nothing more. If a Jason who gets knifed can’t catch the counselor again, Jason needs to seriously up his game. New players get a pass, but I’m surprised experienced Jasons need to slash to get a kill. 

I have noticed that since the patch, if there are 2 or more counselors around you as Jason, grab kills are null and void. Slashing seems to be the only option. And no, it isn't terrain because this happened on a road, on the field in front of Higgins and on flat paths at Packanack. This is on PS4 btw. At ANY time there were multiple counselors present, a grab + walking away from a save hit would not generate any option to perform a grab kill on the counselor. The only method that would work is slashing. The moment counselors began to scatter away from the slashing and a grab was made in the very same area, the grab kills were again made available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

I have noticed that since the patch, if there are 2 or more counselors around you as Jason, grab kills are null and void. Slashing seems to be the only option. And no, it isn't terrain because this happened on a road, on the field in front of Higgins and on flat paths at Packanack. This is on PS4 btw. At ANY time there were multiple counselors present, a grab + walking away from a save hit would not generate any option to perform a grab kill on the counselor. The only method that would work is slashing. The moment counselors began to scatter away from the slashing and a grab was made in the very same area, the grab kills were again made available.

That’s really strange. I’m still able to grab, even in a group. It actually gets pretty funny. You have to create enough space to quickly pull off the kill, but constantly picking counselors up, just to get myself hit is hysterical. Counselors see one of their own get picked up, and it’s like a room full of people swatting flies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mattshotcha

This new patch is awesome and I’m loving that this game is still being updated! And Jason finally getting beefed. However I know this patch is brand new but I already see a possible issue

When Jason is in rage mode, nothing effects him except the Gun, sweater and bear traps. And there is still a huge chunk of time left before the match finishes and when this happens it renders any possible chances of survival useless. Since guns and the sweater are limited. As soon as he enters rage there is no fighting back and sometimes it takes more than 12 minutes to work together to get stuff done. Once the team is down and Jason is in rage you might as well stand there and accept defeat cause there is nothing you can do. 

It just seems one sided now to render any chance of stunning him to just be ripped from you all together. Especially when the Jason is a pursuer and you need to run, there’s nothing you can do. The win is handed right to him. I can see maybe when in rage mode instead of him being completely invincible, maybe just beef the resistance instead. Still leaving that chance of stun there but not as often as it used to be. 

It just seems to be TOO much to Jason now. Where he is extremely OP and untouchable around the 8 minute mark, sometimes even earlier than that. 

If it was dialed back just a little bit, counselors still have that fighting chance when it comes to a final showdown. Giving both Jason and the Team a challenge. 

Edited by QueenOfIllusion
I forgot to mention administrator
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See this is what I don't understand. I get it if you're getting hit and drop the counselor. I even get that certain grab kills require some space. But when on a road, and you're carrying the counselor for nearly ten seconds and get no grab kill availability at all? And then when you chase away the other counselors and grab one in the very same area you get the prompt almost immediately. idk if this is a bug/glitch or whatever but it has happened to me and nearly everyone I play with whenever multiple counselors are near Jason.

 

13 hours ago, QueenOfIllusion said:

This new patch is awesome and I’m loving that this game is still being updated! And Jason finally getting beefed. However I know this patch is brand new but I already see a possible issue

When Jason is in rage mode, nothing effects him except the Gun, sweater and bear traps. And there is still a huge chunk of time left before the match finishes and when this happens it renders any possible chances of survival useless. Since guns and the sweater are limited. As soon as he enters rage there is no fighting back and sometimes it takes more than 12 minutes to work together to get stuff done. Once the team is down and Jason is in rage you might as well stand there and accept defeat cause there is nothing you can do. 

It just seems one sided now to render any chance of stunning him to just be ripped from you all together. Especially when the Jason is a pursuer and you need to run, there’s nothing you can do. The win is handed right to him. I can see maybe when in rage mode instead of him being completely invincible, maybe just beef the resistance instead. Still leaving that chance of stun there but not as often as it used to be. 

It just seems to be TOO much to Jason now. Where he is extremely OP and untouchable around the 8 minute mark, sometimes even earlier than that. 

If it was dialed back just a little bit, counselors still have that fighting chance when it comes to a final showdown. Giving both Jason and the Team a challenge. 

I had a player who wanted to try and survive the 20 minutes as a counselor. I was Jason. So while others were trying to get the car going and I was preventing all of that, this counselor picked an area and prepared. They found a shotgun or two and placed them in the area they wanted to use to survive. They placed a bear trap behind every cabin door in the vicinity and they used stamina wisely. They lasted nearly the whole 20 minutes. I did end up ultimately catching them with about 2:10 left on the clock but the fight they put up shows that it can be done. You just have to be smart about it and stop thinking that a peon teenager can go toe to toe with a killing machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read something cool. Tom Savini is making Corey Taylor a new Slipknot mask for the next album/tour. I know this isn't game related but Tom Savini will make him something (sic) I'm sure 😊 🤘 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to clarify, this latest update is brand new, and adjustments can be made. There is no testing before being released; WE are the testers. Instead of Jason being invincible to a stun, he can be adjusted to be HIGHLY RESISTENT; that is, his resistance to stun can be upped to a percentage, OR become INCREASINGLY-resistent the longer he rages, so he has a sort of sliding scale that builds up resistance as time goes by, or maybe his resistance can increase the more he gets beat up.

It doesn’t have to be all or nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JackTV said:

Just to clarify, this latest update is brand new, and adjustments can be made. There is no testing before being released; WE are the testers. Instead of Jason being invincible to a stun, he can be adjusted to be HIGHLY RESISTENT; that is, his resistance to stun can be upped to a percentage, OR become INCREASINGLY-resistent the longer he rages, so he has a sort of sliding scale that builds up resistance as time goes by, or maybe his resistance can increase the more he gets beat up.

It doesn’t have to be all or nothing. 

Well, that's a relief to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, prodigy5 said:

Well, that's a relief to know.

Well, they’re not going to do it unless they see enough evidence that the current build is too imbalanced. We need to stay in contact with them with what we’re finding in-game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JackTV said:

Just to clarify, this latest update is brand new, and adjustments can be made. There is no testing before being released; WE are the testers. Instead of Jason being invincible to a stun, he can be adjusted to be HIGHLY RESISTENT; that is, his resistance to stun can be upped to a percentage, OR become INCREASINGLY-resistent the longer he rages, so he has a sort of sliding scale that builds up resistance as time goes by, or maybe his resistance can increase the more he gets beat up.

It doesn’t have to be all or nothing. 

Oh of course! I'm not expecting this patch to be set in stone. But it's just a little observation I've made so far that this instant invincibility just seems to be a little bit too much for a start. And the stun resistance increasing over time seems like a great idea. And the more he is beat on should be a large factor too. Like once you get a hit in; run.  Use your hits wisely.
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WildfireXR said:

How long is the double XP for? I don't get my account back until Thursday so hopefully its still going then, I need this event badly.

I believe it ends Wednesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, JackTV said:

Well, not saying anything is wrong with it, per se. I just think it takes much more skill to grab. Anyone can pull a trigger. And honestly, the slash stops counselors in any animation they’re in. In addition, knives are rendered useless for defense. This was a problem I always had with a slash. Don’t get it twisted; I find the knife far more useful to disarm traps. I think using a knife for a grab defense is a waste, unless in very specific situations. 

I do kind of disagree with the slash/slasher thing though. Jason doesn’t slash in the game because F13 is slasher franchise; it’s just a pop term for a subgenre of horror films. The slasher genre and the act of slashing don’t go hand-in-hand. 

I don’t care how people play, I just admit, after all this time, I’m surprised experienced Jasons need it.

Anyone playing Jason can press a button and grab someone also the controls are quite similar.....melee is harder because counselors can actually dodge and fight back against it.

and Friday the 13th is like the “original” Slasher film.....where in the film you bump off characters in succession one after the other.

The game does the exact same thing so..they definitely go hand and hand.

So having that tool/ weapon/ ability available to the slasher in the game makes complete sense..... not having a slashing melee in the game wouldn’t be true to the spirit of the films.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, prodigy5 said:

I'm having to update Friday right now! I already updated the patch. What is this about?

Hot fix for the patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dmack621 said:

I had a player who wanted to try and survive the 20 minutes as a counselor. I was Jason. So while others were trying to get the car going and I was preventing all of that, this counselor picked an area and prepared. They found a shotgun or two and placed them in the area they wanted to use to survive. They placed a bear trap behind every cabin door in the vicinity and they used stamina wisely. They lasted nearly the whole 20 minutes. I did end up ultimately catching them with about 2:10 left on the clock but the fight they put up shows that it can be done. You just have to be smart about it and stop thinking that a peon teenager can go toe to toe with a killing machine.

Well a situation like that can't happen all the time. It's just one sided still when it comes to being a final survivor. Now people will be hoarding the guns etc. to save themselves. I was never one to gang up on Jason but I know some of the most exciting moments for me was when it was a one on one with Jason where the chances were 50/50 if you played your cards right.

I know the patch is new and I'm not at all bashing the idea of a strong and challenging Jason cause in fact I love it a lot. But it's just a little too easy when being Jason to get everyone now cause they can't fight back without a gun or the sweater. Like the kills are handed to him when in rage. If they perhaps measured the amount of resistance instead before becoming ultimately untouchable then it wouldn't be as bad. The challenge for both Jason and Counselor is still there without it being one sided.

Making Jason untouchable completely when you have a mass of melee weapons around the map at your disposal is just unfair is all I'm trying to say. You can still be smart in your strategy but you need to have the chance to adapt too. The new rage mode doesn't allow that, but if it was downgraded in a different way to where the challenge was still there then it would be perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JackTV said:

Just to clarify, this latest update is brand new, and adjustments can be made. There is no testing before being released; WE are the testers. Instead of Jason being invincible to a stun, he can be adjusted to be HIGHLY RESISTENT; that is, his resistance to stun can be upped to a percentage, OR become INCREASINGLY-resistent the longer he rages, so he has a sort of sliding scale that builds up resistance as time goes by, or maybe his resistance can increase the more he gets beat up.

It doesn’t have to be all or nothing. 

I would be fine with the changed that have been promoted by the community.

 

1. No stuns when Jason rages through doors/walls ... so He can blast through that wooden door but the bat swung right behind it stuns him? No chance. Plus, he has the animation to deal with by doing so which gives counselors the chance to flee, not wait to hit for free stuns.

2. Fire pokers, tree branches, machetes, frying pans, wrenches and other weapons with lower stun chances ... should not be stunning Jason, whether in rage or not. The weapons with a higher stun chance should have always been based on their stats and perk combinations.

3. Characters with low strength should be stunning Jason like .1 percent of the time no matter what weapon they have. 

4. When in RAGE, items like baseball bats, axes and the like can get a stun on Jason, but break in 1 hit. That is the tradeoff.

5. Firecrackers should not just stun Jason, they should disorient him for 30 seconds. After being hit with firecrackers,  Jason is stunned (less stun time maybe 1-2 seconds) but then, Jason's sense should be completely bonkers for the following 30-45 seconds (depending on perks) which allows counselors an opportunity to leave the area. What I mean by bonkers is, cabins light up and flash in alternating fashion and any counselors out in the open cause red flashes of live bodies in several directions. Forcing the disoriented Jason to pick one with a 33% chance of being right. ie: if 3 counselors are running away from Jason, he sees 9 live bodies in red during sense and has to pick between them. Several cabins flash on and off in sequence with some being real and some not to again force him to choose. Jason can also choose to wait out the 30-45 seconds but risks counselors getting out of his sense area by doing so. Also during Rage, this time is lowered to 5-10 seconds.

6. Counselors who loop around a table 3 or more times should prompt Jason the ability to destroy said table.

7. Hiding perks should work properly and especially epics and legendary perks should be able to trump Jason's sense considerably well. Hiding in this game is almost useless save the first few minutes of the game. It should be a viable option to escape Jason. Now, I understand trolls would abuse this but hiding, even with perks can be balanced. Have it where if you are in a hiding spot more than 3 minutes, your location is completely exposed ie: meaning Jason's sense shows him exactly what closet, bed or port-a-john you are in. If Jason is in an area longer than 3 minutes it's a rare thing. It allows hiding to be a viable means of avoiding Jason but does not allow someone to just phone it in for 20 minutes in a closet.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, prodigy5 said:

Incoherent? Oh, well let me be a little more CLEAR! Yes, I want to take slashing away from the perpetual noobie who cried for invincibility because he never really cared enough about the game to begin with, but only whined instead of learning how to shift grab and deal with trolls the way I did.

Let me make this clear in the entire time I have been on the forums and played the game I have never heard a member cry out for invincibility.....that was how the developers decided to deal with the so called “kill squads” and “trolls”.

and even though you don’t like it it is very much a good representation of how the developers wanted Jason to interact with counselors players.....is it perfect, no but definitely the right direction.

 

Quote

I'm not saying this update makes a bad Jason instantly any good. What I am saying is the devs are sympathizing with lazy instant gratification seeking kindergarten level Jason players, resulting in removing aspects of the game which were suited for we the collegiate, such as beating the crap out of Jason all by myself for 20 minutes which, in my opinion, is extremely... NOT BORING!

This is definitely not the vision the developers had for the game if you haven’t watched the Gun media Beyond stream I suggest you do. It may help you see why the changes were made in a 1v1 situation a counselor shouldn’t stand a chance and you want to beat on him for 20 minutes yourself..... that’s terrible gameplay mechanics anyway you look at it.

 

Quote

not to mention very motivating for the bad Jason player to help him start thinking critically and, as they say "git gud!" Because as a pre patch Jason, I very much had to get good. Yes, I love playing Jason and councilor. And yes, I'd rather be trolled by a baseball bat mob than be "bored out of my skull because playing Jason is no challenge for me at all now.

I truly hate “ get gud!” Statements it is only used by people who want to make themselves feel more superior than others, like telling someone after handing them out an asswhiping that they need to try harder is necessary  At all....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...