4 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

He only rages at the “start” if troll counselors ignore all objectives and try to just fight Jason instead. Play stupidly, then you die faster.  Play the way the game was meant to be played, and you’ll do just fine. 

How about the survivors targeted at the start? I mean they can run from house to house but houses can only take u so far,especially with a Jason with a destruction that can break doors in 2 swings good times 

21 minutes ago, Potatomasher said:

This is not a matter of race,this is a matter of not being able to complete objectives anymore if you can't stun Jason,hell half the lobby will be dead by the time you even get to the phone because Jason becomes a god 

wha?

You have zero clue what you're ducking talking about.

9 minutes ago, Potatomasher said:

No Jason rages at the start because people have to survive him so they hit him and that's when the total wrath of the god Jason starts against the counselors that can only hide against his rage LOL ridiculous and since you want to know i said duck on purpose because i don't like to curse in case of a kid reading but grown ups like you get the hint hint 

Run. 

Before shift, Jason isn't likely to catch you. Afterwards if you've been locking doors, he'll still have to juggle chasing you vs others who are hopefully fixing stuff. 

Fighting shouldn't be your first choice, if it is, let me remind you that Jason has numerous ways to kill you with the press of a button.

7 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

He only rages at the “start” if troll counselors ignore all objectives and try to just fight Jason instead. Play stupidly, then you die faster.  Play the way the game was meant to be played, and you’ll do just fine. 

Bingo. Calling this out as on point. 

I ran out of likes for the first time in a long time on these forums. It's good to see so much common sense in this thread. 

And because I don't think i'll be posting in other threads, A shout out to @RKSDooM. I randomly ran into him last night. Good playing with you, guy. 

• Like 1

Jason doesn’t rage until late in the match UNLESS you’re damaging him. And at times, you’ll have to smack him to save a counselor, complete an objective, etc. No question. 

The reason Jason has been enraged early is because counselors are trying too hard to fight. They’re not swinging because they HAVE to; they’re actively chasing Jason down, even when Jason is walking away, focused on something else. That’s what these players do, and that’s why they die.

Jason can’t be “stunned” while in rage now. There are still ways around him. I survive a lot of matches, and most of the time, I haven’t hit him even once.

2 minutes ago, JackTV said:

Jason doesn’t rage until late in the match UNLESS you’re damaging him. And at times, you’ll have to smack him to save a counselor, complete an objective, etc. No question. 

The reason Jason has been enraged early is because counselors are trying too hard to fight. They’re not swinging because they HAVE to; they’re actively chasing Jason down, even when Jason is walking away, focused on something else. That’s what these players do, and that’s why they die. F13 isn’t a combat game; it never was. 

Yea but whacking him is essential on one's survival,you're telling me through the middle-end game no one's going to beat Jason? I say impossible,they have to beat him to survive.....Unless we make more houses lol quick get the wood 

1 minute ago, Potatomasher said:

This is not a matter of race,this is a matter of not being able to complete objectives anymore if you can't stun Jason,hell half the lobby will be dead by the time you even get to the phone because Jason becomes a god 

Completely untrue. I have fixed every objective on the map uncountable times without ever swinging a weapon at Jason, and have seen many others do the same. This has not changed at all. There is absolutely no requirement to stun Jason to be able to complete ANY objective. After the patch yesterday, some of the best Jasons that I have ever played with had their lowest kill counts ever. This has not made Jason a "god" at all.

I have just played my second game as Jason since the update (not by choice, I was on Jason preference for hours last night and only got to play him once)... and everyone was either dead or had escaped before I hit rage. I still have noticed absolutely no difference at all in my playstyle as Jason or counselor... But I am still surviving far more often as a counselor than before the patch. If Jason is now a god as you seem to think, he is the most feeble of gods in the history of godhood... or I would be dying more often instead of surviving more often.

3 minutes ago, Potatomasher said:

No Jason rages at the start because people have to survive him so they hit him and that's when the total wrath of the god Jason starts against the counselors that can only hide against his rage LOL ridiculous and since you want to know i said duck on purpose because i don't like to curse in case of a kid reading but grown ups like you get the hint hint

Jason does not start with rage. It takes quite a bit of damage to put him in rage... Also, hiding has always been pretty useless when Jason is in rage. All hiding is good for is to sneak outside for a smoke without going afk before Jason hits rage, or to use the outhouse for a quick bathroom break before Jason hits rage.

@Dolemite I agree... Ducks are awesome!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Potatomasher said:

Yea but whacking him is essential on one's survival,you're telling me through the middle-end game no one's going to beat Jason? I say impossible,they have to beat him to survive.....Unless we make more houses lol quick get the wood 

I usually never have to hit him, but I also plan ahead. I’m quietly assessing the distance from me to the cops if I’m inside a cabin, for instance. If Jason is in the area, I don’t leave the cabin until he’s pretty much in there to get me. I don’t take unnecessary risks. 

With this change, different scenarios will certainly affect my chances negatively now, but nothing crazy. The players most affected by this change will be players that rely on their weapon from the start of the round to the finish. Hitting Jason while booking for the cops isn’t always necessary. 

This is only an initial change too. If it’s too unbalanced, they can make adjustments. 

57 minutes ago, Potatomasher said:

How about the survivors targeted at the start? I mean they can run from house to house but houses can only take u so far,especially with a Jason with a destruction that can break doors in 2 swings good times 

You can easily outrun him in the beginning. Without having to combat him. And if you’re targeted, oh well. That’s the game. 

7 hours ago, RobiePL said:

Fine, but check out archivement on Steam about survive the night ....  -,-  How do this now ? 

It's do-able. I did it almost immediately after the patch came out yesterday. It's definitely not easy; we had one Tommy, a sweater-wearing Vanessa, an axe, a machete, and a shotgun vs. an already-de-masked Jason. That scared/slowed down Jason enough to stretch out the match and have at least one survivor. It was almost a kill, although Jason seemed immune to stunning when the sweater was activated (two hits from Tommy with the axe) -- has anyone noticed this? Anyway, other achievements will still be harder to get; over 850 hours with my spawn preference set to Jason, and I'm not even close to 1,000 matches as Jason. Who did the math on that one?!

Please fix the kill issue because I seriously don't see how the hell you get the shotgun to bring that guy to his knees in rage mode because it ain't doing anything but bringing him put of the sweater stun I'd like it if we can go back to stunning him in rage with any weapon because shotguns are scarcely unavailable through the game so please fix your mistakes in the game.🤬

11 hours ago, Ahab said:

Completely untrue. I have fixed every objective on the map uncountable times without ever swinging a weapon at Jason, and have seen many others do the same. This has not changed at all. There is absolutely no requirement to stun Jason to be able to complete ANY objective. After the patch yesterday, some of the best Jasons that I have ever played with had their lowest kill counts ever. This has not made Jason a "god" at all.

I have just played my second game as Jason since the update (not by choice, I was on Jason preference for hours last night and only got to play him once)... and everyone was either dead or had escaped before I hit rage. I still have noticed absolutely no difference at all in my playstyle as Jason or counselor... But I am still surviving far more often as a counselor than before the patch. If Jason is now a god as you seem to think, he is the most feeble of gods in the history of godhood... or I would be dying more often instead of surviving more often.

Jason does not start with rage. It takes quite a bit of damage to put him in rage... Also, hiding has always been pretty useless when Jason is in rage. All hiding is good for is to sneak outside for a smoke without going afk before Jason hits rage, or to use the outhouse for a quick bathroom break before Jason hits rage.

@Dolemite I agree... Ducks are awesome!

Look PS4 may be a little different to what platform your on but that MF is hitting rage too damn quick you can't stun him when in rage without a shotgun or sweater only way to sneak by him luckily is when he grabs you use a pocket knife other then that this game has ruined Jason completely he's another Savini and if they wanted a supreme Jason release Savini don't buff up worthless B's to hope people will play it more cause it'll be more people quitting the game and Gun media loses money.

Let me shut everyone down right here in this fight over what's wrong and right as a Jason. Jason wasn't easy to kill in the beginning but when you hand his ass the power to hit rage quicker ruins the game. The fact of this is that you don't power up a already God like monster. If you've seen any movie where the monster is over powered it always fails. Jason is immortal he doesn't need no fucking power up. Revert back to the patch before because making this idiot stronger and unstoppable when in rage is stupid and also look at the fact. I walk up with a machete to knock his mask off. It puts him in rage. So explain how the fuck do you not set him in rage to remove his mask to kill him easily? You fucking can't end of discussion they've done fucked up Gun media welcome to the Era where you become a BROKE company for this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Last night I had two counselors that I couldn't kill even with rage mode activated. Do you know why? Because they fucking RAN AWAY! They didn't stand there and try to fight, they hauled ass and the time ran out, thus they survived. Shocking isn't it? I guess that "impossible to survive after rage" bullshit some have spouted is exactly that... bullshit.

Or it just sounds like you weren't good enough to catch them even though the devs were holding your hand.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2019 at 8:43 AM, mattshotcha said:

****Killing Jason is unchanged.****

@mattshotcha It appears impossible after Rage Mode activates. After using the sweater, I haven't seen any weapon bring Jason to his knees and it's a bit much having people on the clock to try kill Jason as a first priority, rather than attempting to escape, which I assumed was the point in buffing rage. I've also noticed an interactive lock occur after catching a Counselor at the window, in some instances.

Other than that, I've enjoyed the challenge as a Counsellor and having the freedom as Jason to prey on Counselors more, before killing them. It's made for a more genuine experience.

I've got quite a lot of time played on this game and i've always thought jason needed nerfed, even playing as him i feel he's overpowered, i have no problem killing the entire lobby every game without really trying, even with multiple level 150 counselors on their team. Most jasons try so hard too, trapping the phone box and cars. I've never been killed as jason too, it's easy to avoid it. it seems stupid that the developers are saying the game should be hard to stop him, because it's near impossible to escape if the jason has any idea of how the game works. It shouldn't tell him when the cars starting, it shouldn't tell him when the boats starting, what's the point of a perfect repair when it's just going to tell him you're getting away? he should have to check for himself if the car or boat is getting away, he should get stunned EVERY time because it's very easy to just dodge an attack and then grab them, and then if they do manage to whack you and it just does nothing they're dead, at no fault of their own. i feel even if this was the case it would still be easy to get 8/8 kills every game. The fact that counselors are slowly dying off makes the game get harder over time, when there's 4 counselors left instead of 7 it's harder to get any repairs because it's more likely he'll come for you and not someone else, and now they've made him even stronger too? how is a lone counselor meant to even have a chance at surviving the time out? i only see it happen like 1% of games as is, which seems kind of fair because surviving 20minutes should be difficult. i'm all for making jason harder to kill, even though it's never happened to me i've done it quite a few times with the help of one friend, so a full lobby working together would easily be able to do it most games against a newish jason, but just give him more health, not make him invincible, if a jason is bad enough to have it happen he deserves to die because killing a group of counselors is one of the easiest ways to win, just slowly wittle them down and you don't even have to chase them because they're coming to you

This buff to Jason is perfect anti-troll prevention however wouldn't hurt to tweek, maybe flaregun & firecrackes still stun and no reduced rage timer. To those that cannot create a new play style i simply think u need to git gud & stop yo trolling ways.....enuf said, let the devs figure it out!

18 hours ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I like some of your points and thank you for not insulting my suggestions. I do believe Stalk is the way to go though, if people want a good jump scare every now and then just in general a quicker longer stalk would put fear in the counselors cause most of the time you wouldn't hear music then Jason gets you which would feel rewarding for both Jason and counselor. I love opening a door and Jason is waiting that makes things scary and rewarding.  

You're welcome. And thank you as well. While we may not be on the exact same page, I respect your expression of your views. Stick around for a while, and you'll see that most of us here care about the game, and getting the balance spot on.

17 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I understand and respect the position of all of you, I get it you like this patch. I don't, and especially after having tested it until now I don't like at all.

What I don't agree with is the point that you seem to want to push your ideas of how the game should be onto other players, and I don't see why you would rejoice of someone being punished for playing the game legally. I really cannot see where this grudge is coming from, I would never rejoice the other way around! let's say you enjoy escaping with the authorities, why would I be happy if the devs would remove repairing the phone after 10 minutes into the game?  It is your play style, and I am ok with it.

There are those of us who respect your opinion as well, including the right to say it. The thing is, those complaining about the state of the game are pushing their agenda just like those who are happy with the patch as it is. No one is completely right or wrong. Let's also keep in mind that this is day two of the patch. No one knows how long it will be until this patch is fine-tuned.

Looking back at the patch that gave counselors a horribly unfair advantage by arming them to the teeth, was a disaster. There was a lot of complaining back then to. It took some time, but it eventually got fixed. This, too will get fixed in time. Have a bit of patience, and you'll hopefully like what the developers come up with.

17 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I don’t know what they’re doing to get into rage that fast, maybe a friend constantly beating on them until the rage meter fills? 

In the 15+ rounds I’ve played since the patch (five of which I was Jason), the quickest I’ve seen Jason go into rage has been the 9 minute mark. That was with a few people trying to gang up on Jason ( guess they didn’t know about the update).

It could be that or another unintended bug.

16 hours ago, Vanessaismymain said:

To be fair this patch really is game changing. I'm not talking about the people who like to gang up on Jason, but now people have to change how they play when being a counselor and it'll take time to get use to. We've all whined and complained about this game including Jason players.  This feels like a new game. I wish day one  it would've been like this, that's why most are sharing their thoughts and complaints this is a seasoned game that has completely changed overnight.  I don't think i'm the greatest Jason or counselor ever with that being said. I feel too OP playing as Jason now and when playing counselor i feel something is missing.  

Play styles with this game have evolved many times. Many of us are playing right now are not necessarily the way we were playing when we first got the game. Adaptation is a good concept to master. It may feel rough for those who don't have much play time under their belts. Those who have been here since launch day can attest to how many times they had to make a change to what they did as counselors, or as Jason.

16 hours ago, YouBrokeYourGame said:

This is actually so stupid that people think Jason needs a buff, if anything he needed a nerf, i'm not the greatest at the game but i can easily kill every counselor near enough every game, the only exception when they call the police early on, and that's just because i don't go and trap the phone box straight away like most other jasons because i feel it ruins the game when not only do you need to go find a pocket knife, you then need to repair it with no mess ups, and then go inside and call them without him coming over and just giving it one whack and boom, you lost your chance. Unless you're against a really amazing jason then you should be getting at least half the game to easily escape, i've seen the worst jasons ever kill the whole lobby just because of how strong he is, you run out of stamina, you dodge his grab, give him a whack and he doesn't get stunned, then he just grabs again before you have a chance to move, and now that's going to happen EVERY single time if he has rage? that's literally so idiotic, no wonder the game is dead with shitty developers like this, he SHOULD get stunned by EVERY hit, it's not hard to kill a group of counselors, you just have to slash them a few times, i've not once been killed as jason in the 100 times i've played as him, but you know what? i've killed everyone at least 90% of those times even when they're grouped up, it makes it even easier to be honest, playing as jason is quite boring to be fair because of how easy it is to kill everyone in TWENTY minutes, i still can't believe it gives you 20minutes. I'm telling you now this is it for your game, this will lead to the final death of it and i'm glad, because it's what you deserve for your game if this is what you think it needed. 1 out of 8 people play as jason, you shouldn't favour them odds, it should be an even playing field which it is FAR from

Welcome to the forums. Out of curiosity, how long have you been playing this game?

16 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

No one can take your opinion away from you.

you don’t like it others do.....still feel more play time is required before coming to full judgement...

So there is no grudge,  a lot of forum members just Agree with what the developers original intentions of the game were about.... this is where supporting a buff for Jason comes from especially after 7 to 8 patches with nerfs to his gameplay... if you haven’t watched the Gun media Beyond stream you should it may help you understand what they are going for.

Very well put.

16 hours ago, Therchias said:

This will be fine.  Its Friday the 13th and its Jason, the game should not be balanced.  

I always felt that this game should never have been about Counselors vs Jason, but more a semi co-op experience to just try to survive.  

Now counselors will have 10 minutes to get their ducks in a row and decide if they will kill Jason or escape.  No more matches that go on forever with counselors stun locking Jason till the timer goes out.  

Sadly this patch does not turn Jason into a unstoppable killing machine, but at least it’s a step in the right dimension. 

Jason shouldn't be unstoppable, but close to it. With a couple of adjustments, this patch could be one of the better ones.

15 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

This is how it's playing out for us:

You remove the mask with machetes

Jason kills the machete people 

Tommy now can come into the game

Jason rages either at mask removal or soon after

GG

This is obviously a problem, Jason becomes invincible and Jason was never written to be invincible and in fact, Jason is usually defeated by the end of the film.

If Jason goes into Rage immediately after losing his mask, that could be a bug. If he goes into Rage after taking enough damage, that's an entirely different story. Do you have more information to figure out which is the case?

14 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

But like I said. It seems to me they are so scared of offending one side or the other, that they only want to make a handful of changes after several months of using the playerbase as guinea pigs. The last time we had an update based on balance was all the way back in December 2017/early January 2018 if im not mistaken...

- Added throwing knives for Jason

- A 'speed' increase for Jason

And that was basically it and that was to counter their screw up of the Crystal Lake arsenal era of the game where pocket knives, shotguns and first aid were literally every 5 feet on the map and Jason had virtually no chance against decent counselors.

You remember those days too?

14 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I’ve been on “vacation”. Once I heard about this update, I dove right back in. This is EXACTLY what I’ve been saying should have been done for over a year. I always said that once Jason is in Rage, nothing should stop him except for shotguns. I couldn’t believe it when I saw these patch notes! I’m excited again. Jason is scary again. Counselors are running again. If you don’t want Jason building his Rage quickly, then don’t attack him! Nobody should actively be searching out Jason to engage with him anyways. Fighting Jason should always be a last ditch scenario. Like the movies. I haven’t been this excited since the first days of the game. Great work, GUN!

Welcome back. Did you bring gifts? 😎

13 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

That’s the point. Nobody should WANT to fight Jason. It is meant to be a last ditch effort. Not an option to seek out. The developers flat out said when making the game that you should never fight Jason. And doing so means that you will die. That was never meant to be a logical option in this game. Only when necessary. 

People can fight Jason if they want to. It happened in the movies, although it didn't end well most of the time.

13 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

I'd also like to add a underrated perk of this update is it sort of puts the timer in Jason's hands rather than in Counselor, which it has been from day one.

From day one, Jason has always had to be on the offensive, never really allowed to be a stalk type Jason. Its either trap and rush in or rush in and trap along the way. Counselors can just sit in cabins and wait out the timer or stun/troll him until the 20 minute mark is up. Now with this update, the timer goes more into his hands because you can't viably do this anymore because you can't just play the loop/stun game from cabin to cabin. Once he has rage, if the sweater girl is dead, not there and/or Jarvis dead/not there, you just fucked yourself for wanting to play out the 20 minute game.

It's an interesting change of pace.

13 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

You keep missing his point. Do you understand that It's now damn near impossible to survive the night if u have a semi competent Jason player coming after you relentlessly in rage mode. Eventually he will catch you because your stamina will be too low since you're taking a big risk trying to hit him in rage mode. Body blocking and making his swing stronger in rage should have been the way to go. That way it's still possible to survive the night.

Near impossible means there is still a chance, even if that chance is slim.

13 hours ago, Dolemite said:

No, we get his point. He likes nice, safe games that coddle him and hold his widdle ickle hand. Hey, remember Myst? That's a slow paced, relaxing puzzle-based game with no enemies or time limit. Sounds right up his alley, and it's probably dirt cheap on Steam right now! He should stop playing F13 and try that one out.

I remember the days of Myst. Does anyone still play that game?

12 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Now this possibility is removed from a good part of a match, how can you not see that the deal between devs and some players has been broken?

This patch supports your way of playing, I am genuinely happy for you, I really am. Game balancing should improve the experience for all players.

As much as I don't want to say it, I don't think this game will ever please everyone at the same time. No matter what change is made, there will be a portion of players who are unhappy. We can try to please the majority, but not everyone. It's not possible.

11 hours ago, RobiePL said:

For 3 games each Jason had a Rage mode. If there were more pocket knives as before, then the Rage mode for me could be after a minute. Now the only way out is to play Vanessa and run away, since Jason will have Rage mode in every game. The better players will especially choose Jason with fewer hp, because the faster Rage mode will appear.

Players can survive as any counselor, with the right perks, depending on the Jason they are playing against. You may not survive every time, but it can be done.

11 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I repair with chad and tiffany all the time. just start repair and exit instantly and start again until you get a good skill check. Obviously you cant do this if Jason is in your section of the map(In that case drop the part and lead him away for someone else to fix), but when he is in another vicinity it works without issue. Ive fixed both cars in a match with chad many times.

I've done similar with a number of counselors. It's all about teamwork, strategy, with just a touch of luck.

9 hours ago, makred78 said:

First, fighting and defeating Jason was intended as a legitimate way to survive yes, but it was never intended as a go-to method and more as a last resort sort of thing to do.

This is a very valid point. People have become so used to killing Jason so often, that's all they want to do. I'm not saying it's wrong to want to kill Jason, I just feel it shouldn't be the solitary goal of players.

8 hours ago, Ahab said:

For almost two years, trolls have been frustrating new and veteran players alike with the whole piñata issue... If anything, that was the only part of this that broke any deal between the devs and "some" players. Jason has been a clown in a hockey mask for far too long... and he is still not invincible. Killing Jason is supposed to be difficult, I did it in the second day I played after purchase... how exactly was that difficult?

Making the Jason kill harder was the point. It is still not impossible as you claim. The mask can be removed without getting Jason anywhere near rage. But now Tommy will not be given to suicides... Jason kill is now "harder" to accomplish... which means the patch is doing exactly what it was intended to do.

The Jason kill being made harder to kill is gonna test the best of the best counselors out there. I look forward to how many people survive Jason and live to tell the tale.

8 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

How is a solution to tell someone to go and play another game?

I agree that telling players who are dissatisfied to leave doesn't really resolve anything. If those players are offering constructive criticisms, then they deserve to be heard and recognized for those views.

People who complain continually for the sake of complaining, and don't offer suggestions on how to make things better is a different story. Coming here just to be a negative Nancy is not helping anyone at all. Those individuals should quietly leave and never come back.

This comment is not directed at you. Those negative Nancy members know who they are.

7 hours ago, TommyJarvisfan said:

Well... looks like people are going back to hiding for the entire match again. What a fine way to kill the rest of the remaining players. Yeah Jasons meant to be powerful, but they forgot something, the reason Jason seemed so powerful was because the counselors in the movies made horrible decisions, they made him look way more powerful then he really was. And didn't you guys say when hes in rage you can only escape his grab with a knife? I don't know who would want to play that, it just sounds frustrating to me. I know the game cannot be perfect, but their is a huge difference between balanced and unfair. This is unfair, not because its unfair to counselors, but to anyone who starts the game as a beginner. They might play this game and come up against a good jason with this patch and have no chance of surviving, and after that they might not ever come back to play it, because thats the only thing they ever knew the game as. Really feel this is the wrong move, if they really wanted to make it more fair they should allow jason to be stunned but only after a set amount of hits maybe or something. A axe should be able to stun him, a pan, not so much. Their are so many awesome ideas that they could have used, but they just went with the lazy route instead and decided to take the ability to stun jason completely away.  him his 9 It just unfair and broken, if they cared so much about the game being fair for jason, why don't they give him his 50 inch grab range back? i mean its no worse then this is it? The only thing i like in this patch is that suicide players can't become tommy anymore. Everything else is about as good as jasons maggot corpse..

At least you found one thing to like about the patch.

Speaking of fairness, you forgot to consider what a new Jason went through due to the previous patches. Counselor players who should have known better were bullying low level and newcomer Jason players and smacking him around like he owed them money. That wasn't any more fair to them than the current argument on behalf of counselors. The patch isn't 100% perfect at the moment, and likely will be adjusted.

7 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Yes Mak, your point is understandable. My analysis is simply on the fact that the game has been in certain way for almost 2 years and some people kept playing the game based on these premises.

Now the devs made a very controversial change which, more or less, cripples fighting for half the game. 

You stand correct I may need to change game, and I am considering to do so, I am just trying to see if there is a different solution, a different compromise which will allow the players who like my style of game to still be welcome in a game where I have been playing almost everyday since launch week.

I don't see a patch to be good if it forces players away, and please I would like not to be called again "troll" for saying so (not directed to you Mak)

By your logic, no patch for this game will ever be good enough, as players will leave because something about a given patch will push them away. Players come and go. Despite that, there are still people willing to play a game they love, even with the bugs that are present. Those players will stand by this game, even when others won't.

Speaking of the two year window, did you make any observations on changes to Jason in those two years?

7 hours ago, Potatomasher said:

How the duck are you going to get the car? The boat? The phone? If you can't stun Jason? Your only option is to hide and pray Jason doesn't find you woop woop 

Jason cannot be everywhere at once. Playing hide and seek is gonna be a thing again. It may bore some people, but it is still a viable tactic.

From the matches I've played since the patch deployed, there are still people fixing objectives and escaping. I still see lone wolves surviving as well. There are more people playing hide and seek. While there aren't as many people running the whole clock out, I still see 1 or 2 doing that. I don't see nearly as many people using glitches, so that's good. The patch isn't perfect, but it has resolved a few things, even if there is a new bug or two. This is day two of the patch. Constructive feedback will help to smooth out the issues with this patch.

7 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Survived an accidental 1 v 1 match against a 150 Jason and it is possible. If I hadn’t been Tiffany tho I couldn’t have survived undetected for the first 5 minutes and been able to gather three med sprays. The Jason made the mistake of slashing assuming I found a PK which I hadn’t and not knowing I had legendary Thick Skin and Medic so basically 6 sprays. He finally got sick of me healing and grabbed but by then i had found a PK. It was an exhilarating match knowing I couldn’t stun a raging Jason and I had to play differently. I look forward to many more matches with a new play style 

Sounds like adaptation in action. This has proven my point.

6 hours ago, Potatomasher said:

If Jason is being bullied by a group that only means he can't play Jason,i only have seen kid Jasons being bullied like that,all Jason has to do is walk back on the counselor hit and he gets a free hit,me and my friends never mess with a pro Jason because he actually knows how things work so we try to get the cops but even that is a struggle,honestly we just die to pro Jason's but hey at least i don't mind dying to a pro Jason,with this buff even kids can kill you lol

There were Jason players young and old being bullied. Some of those players know their way around the game, and were still getting beaten down.

5 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Great post!

This needs pinned somewhere where all the new “this is unfair” “ why so OP” “ I am gonna quit playing.” Posters can read before we have to experience that Diarrhea of the mouth.

We could do with a few more pinned topics to cut down on the repetitive topics created. It would also help those that can't be bothered to read through the page of topics for information that shows the wealth of knowledge shared by members of the past.

2 hours ago, dallaskill8 said:

Let me shut everyone down right here in this fight over what's wrong and right as a Jason. Jason wasn't easy to kill in the beginning but when you hand his ass the power to hit rage quicker ruins the game. The fact of this is that you don't power up a already God like monster. If you've seen any movie where the monster is over powered it always fails. Jason is immortal he doesn't need no fucking power up. Revert back to the patch before because making this idiot stronger and unstoppable when in rage is stupid and also look at the fact. I walk up with a machete to knock his mask off. It puts him in rage. So explain how the fuck do you not set him in rage to remove his mask to kill him easily? You fucking can't end of discussion they've done fucked up Gun media welcome to the Era where you become a BROKE company for this.

I'm not quite sure what you are "shutting down". I do have a few questions for you.

Have you read through any posts beyond the first page of the General Discussion section?

Do you have anything constructive to add to this topic?

How long have you been playing this game?

What is the nature of the types of players you are going against?

Are you aware that there are bugs associated with the current patch?

There are a whole lot of double posts here.

2 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Or it just sounds like you weren't good enough to catch them even though the devs were holding your hand.

*Yawn* Someone else who doesn't know me talking out of their ass. Seems to be quite a lot of you lately.

Edit:

Running away works just fine for me. I got through the round without hitting Jason one single time, and I was the ONLY survivor that round. At about 1:12 you can see Tommy tea-bagging Jason after knocking him down. At 1:40 you can see that almost every counselor left alive is heading TOWARDS Jason, not away from him. Yet somehow with only a Med spray, I still managed to survive "invincible god" Jason. Do you know why? Because I got my Bunny Girl ass up and RAN AWAY the second the opportunity to escape was available. And guess what? I made it. 

Don't tell me, let me guess: "That Jason was shit!"... right? Because God knows you cannot escape as a sole survivor without the ability to stun Jason..

So what are counselors supposed to do now to kill Jason since even after USING THE SWEATER HE WONT DROP TO HIS KNEES!? It has happened 3 times since this patch came out and has made the game horribly unplayable. Try it yourself!!! The KILLS DONT WORK ANYMORE!!! This NO STUN JUNK IS A JOKE!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Thisgameused2bfun said:

So what are counselors supposed to do now to kill Jason since even after USING THE SWEATER HE WONT DROP TO HIS KNEES!? It has happened 3 times since this patch came out and has made the game horribly unplayable. Try it yourself!!! The KILLS DONT WORK ANYMORE!!! This NO STUN JUNK IS A JOKE!!!!!!

Not being able to kill Jason is a BUG that is going to be fixed. It is not an intended part of the patch and will be fixed so that Jason can be dropped to his knees and killed.

Participation Trophies for all the Jason's. Lmao 😂😂

Killed all counselors before I even got Rage. I'm not a Jason player, I think you people just need to get good.  Nuff Said

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ExoticAsFxck said:

Killed all counselors before I even got Rage. I'm not a Jason player, I think you people just need to get good.  Nuff Said

Looks like we’ve got an angry Fortniter.🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ExoticAsFxck said:

Have you read the topic "Jason is Weak"? Take a read of that one. It was one of the more active topics on the subject.

8 hours ago, Zodemere said:

This buff to Jason is perfect anti-troll prevention however wouldn't hurt to tweek, maybe flaregun & firecrackes still stun and no reduced rage timer. To those that cannot create a new play style i simply think u need to git gud & stop yo trolling ways.....enuf said, let the devs figure it out!

When Jason spawns on you right in the beginning. And you're by yourself. It's not trolling by hitting him, its surviving. Heres your participation trophy 🏆

5 hours ago, JackTV said:

Looks like we’ve got an angry Fortniter.🤣

Looks like we've got a player that gets killed every time hes Jason 😂😂

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ExoticAsFxck said:

Looks like we've got a player that gets killed every time hes Jason 😂😂

You mad?

“When Jason spawns on you right in the beginning. And you're by yourself. It's not trolling by hitting him, its surviving. Heres your participation trophy. 🏆

That’s a Fortniter thing to do. Why would you fight Jason if he spawns on you at the beginning? He can’t spawn on you at the start unless he morphs. If he morphs, he just burned it to get to you, and has no other ability in which to catch you.

Try leaving.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ExoticAsFxck said:

Participation Trophies for all the Jason's. Lmao 😂😂

Funny,  since you could say the same about all the counselors buffs that have been patched in since launch of the game....Gun media was handing out participation awards to all counselors who were whining about how OP Jason was at launch....

hence the nerfs to grab / stun times / stun chance..... and add ins to make the game easier for counselors gameplay... item markers on the map, more sprays and weapons and knives, legendary perks,  window climbing immunity....etc looks like a hand full of awards 🥇 to me!!

so Jason gets 2 buffs in 2 years and people are up in arms about it....(a slight speed boost and 2 knives)...(and now an actual Rage ability that does something other than bust through walls and doors to give counselors another chance to stun him.)

I have said it before and I will say it again...

I am sure more tweaks will be coming  balance changes take time to work out...

Personally I like the direction the patch is going making Jason a viable threat again is a good thing ...with that said more fine tuning could be done... giving Jason stalk before sense would be very helpful in early match gameplay... and allowing Fire crackers and flares to stun Jason in rage will give counselors more options to keep Jason at bay but still allows him to keep his new found teeth 🦷! 

Counselors is this the end of Friday the 13th the game? 

I'm so very disappointed in the development team, you have messed up before with patches ,this time you have completely frikken ruined it I do nothing but play this game,  the fact Jason goes into rage fast the more hes atacked makes nearly I'possible to escape, example. Cops are at 1 end of map you Wont make if you can't stun him, u have set us up for failer, everyone  on os4 plat. Is quiting , itll never be the same, you ruins it, it's not better it's worse, you need to make stunn chance effective in rage that is go a cost you everything people will leave, I've Benn a 150+ for a year and a half I'm faltering before I play it, I can't believe I'd go this far,with cheating and people helping jason ? Its a frikien nightmare im sick to my stomach, I'm have 30 Legendary perk to perfection now they're useless,  chang it back please

1470b2835-1.jpg