I'd also like to add a underrated perk of this update is it sort of puts the timer in Jason's hands rather than in Counselor, which it has been from day one.

From day one, Jason has always had to be on the offensive, never really allowed to be a stalk type Jason. Its either trap and rush in or rush in and trap along the way. Counselors can just sit in cabins and wait out the timer or stun/troll him until the 20 minute mark is up. Now with this update, the timer goes more into his hands because you can't viably do this anymore because you can't just play the loop/stun game from cabin to cabin. Once he has rage, if the sweater girl is dead, not there and/or Jarvis dead/not there, you just fucked yourself for wanting to play out the 20 minute game.

People wanted to spam the meta counselors before not so much because they were better, but because its far easier to troll Jason with a faster counselor than a slower one. Now if you want to be a meta counselor, it doesn't help you late game if you can't reliably fix anything quickly anymore. Your just waiting to die, since you serve no point anymore. Chad and Vanessa in particular are now harmless joggers once Jason is in rage and if there is no opportunity for a kill.

That said, as much as this kind of buff was needed. I do think composure/fear/fixer/stealth need a buff, basically non fast counselors NEED some kind of buff. This would go a long way to making them more viable to the overall game. Nobody wanted to see a lobby of mostly meta/troll counselors before. I certainly don't want to see lobbies filled with the same trash counselors, that become even more useless outside of a stun that they can no longer rely on in the late game.

I think a simple, within reason nerf to Jason would be simply not allowing him to toggle Sense. That's sensible and it would help give Sense overall more importance for Jason strategically.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

That’s the point. Nobody should WANT to fight Jason. It is meant to be a last ditch effort. Not an option to seek out. The developers flat out said when making the game that you should never fight Jason. And doing so means that you will die. That was never meant to be a logical option in this game. Only when necessary. 

You keep missing his point. Do you understand that It's now damn near impossible to survive the night if u have a semi competent Jason player coming after you relentlessly in rage mode. Eventually he will catch you because your stamina will be too low since you're taking a big risk trying to hit him in rage mode. Body blocking and making his swing stronger in rage should have been the way to go. That way it's still possible to survive the night.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

That’s the point. Nobody should WANT to fight Jason. It is meant to be a last ditch effort. Not an option to seek out. The developers flat out said when making the game that you should never fight Jason. And doing so means that you will die. That was never meant to be a logical option in this game. Only when necessary. 

The option of fighting Jason has always been there, weapons are there for that and the game community grew on the premise that fighting Jason was an option, I like many others , wouldn't have played the game if it was just DBD.

If the devs wanted to achieve your goal, which is ok, Then make Jason stronger not invincible, and if Jason kills me so be it but at least there is a chance. Have you actually tried to play the game after rage? it is embarrassing

20 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Do you understand that It's now damn near impossible to survive the night if u have a semi competent Jason player coming after you relentlessly in rage mode. 

LOL?

You know that's a GOOD thing, right?  That actually sounds great... 

20 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

The option of fighting Jason has always been there, weapons are there for that and the game community grew on the premise that fighting Jason was an option, I like many others , wouldn't have played the game if it was just DBD.

You can still beat on Jason.

It just that time is no longer on the counselors side.      The gravy train of beating on Jason is over dude..and its about damn time it was.

They let it go on for too long anyways.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

You keep missing his point.

No, we get his point. He likes nice, safe games that coddle him and hold his widdle ickle hand. Hey, remember Myst? That's a slow paced, relaxing puzzle-based game with no enemies or time limit. Sounds right up his alley, and it's probably dirt cheap on Steam right now! He should stop playing F13 and try that one out.

That said, I'm sure they will take everyone's feedback into consideration when the next patch is released 8 months from now.  ;)

34 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

You keep missing his point. Do you understand that It's now damn near impossible to survive the night if u have a semi competent Jason player coming after you relentlessly in rage mode. Eventually he will catch you because your stamina will be too low since you're taking a big risk trying to hit him in rage mode. Body blocking and making his swing stronger in rage should have been the way to go. That way it's still possible to survive the night.

I get his point. And to be blunt, he’s wrong. This game was never meant to fight Jason or to survive the night. The developers have said since the concept of this game that neither of those were viable options. This game was meant to be played to work together and ESCAPE. Not fight Jason or survive the night by hiding. And now it’s finally being polished to enforce that even more. If you can’t escape within a reasonable time, the you die. That’s how it should be. If people don’t get that, then this game was never meant for them. They’ve just been abusing gameplay loopholes. 

2 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I get his point. And to be blunt, he’s wrong. This game was never meant to fight Jason or to survive the night. The developers have said since the concept of this game that neither of those were viable options. This game was meant to be played to work together and ESCAPE. Not fight Jason or survive the night by hiding. And now it’s finally being polished to enforce that even more. If you can’t escape within a reasonable time, the you die. That’s how it should be. If people don’t get that, then this game was never meant for them. They’ve just been abusing gameplay loopholes. 

The game has been like this for almost 2 years, in no moment since launch Jason was unbeatable. 

People, who may differ from your opinion, bought a game which did entail the possibility of fighting back, as risky as it was on launch week.

Now this possibility is removed from a good part of a match, how can you not see that the deal between devs and some players has been broken?

This patch supports your way of playing, I am genuinely happy for you, I really am. Game balancing should improve the experience for all players.

Invincibility is wrong, there could have been many different ways to balance this game out: more slashing power, less cooldown, more stun cooldown time etc etc 

If that was done I would have never said anything, like I never did despite playing since week one. But this patch completely changes a 2 years old gameplay, how can you not see that backlash is expected?

20 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

This game was meant to be played to work together and ESCAPE. Not fight Jason or survive the night by hiding. And now it’s finally being polished to enforce that even more. If you can’t escape within a reasonable time, then you die. 

Its just that simple...    

Not sure why people would even question that

19 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

how can you not see that backlash is expected?

Backlash from who?.. Cocky Jason hunters that have had it waaay to easy for the past year?

I had to leave the F13th Club on xbox just because I was getting sick and tired of these little cocky shits postings videos of them taunting, beating and killing Jason.  While they all babble on about how " THEY ARE BEST JASON KILLER"..  

The only backlash is going to come from them.  And to be honest,  whos gives a rats ass what they think?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

The game has been like this for almost 2 years, in no moment since launch Jason was unbeatable. 

People, who may differ from your opinion, bought a game which did entail the possibility of fighting back, as risky as it was on launch week.

Now this possibility is removed from a good part of a match, how can you not see that the deal between devs and some players has been broken?

This patch supports your way of playing, I am genuinely happy for you, I really am. Game balancing should improve the experience for all players.

Invincibility is wrong, there could have been many different ways to balance this game out: more slashing power, less cooldown, more stun cooldown time etc etc 

If that was done I would have never said anything, like I never did despite playing since week one. But this patch completely changes a 2 years old gameplay, how can you not see that backlash is expected?

But he’s not invincible. He’s just harder to stun and kill now once he’s in Rage mode. As he should be. Otherwise, Rage mode is essentially just the ability to walk through doors and just keep being stunned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For 3 games each Jason had a Rage mode. If there were more pocket knives as before, then the Rage mode for me could be after a minute. Now the only way out is to play Vanessa and run away, since Jason will have Rage mode in every game. The better players will especially choose Jason with fewer hp, because the faster Rage mode will appear.

I get his point. And to be blunt, he’s wrong. This game was never meant to fight Jason or to survive the night. The developers have said since the concept of this game that neither of those were viable options. This game was meant to be played to work together and ESCAPE. Not fight Jason or survive the night by hiding.

Fine, but check out archivement on Steam about survive the night ....  -,-  How do this now ? 

9 minutes ago, RobiePL said:

For 3 games each Jason had a Rage mode. If there were more pocket knives as before, then the Rage mode for me could be after a minute. Now the only way out is to play Vanessa and run away, since Jason will have Rage mode in every game. The better players will especially choose Jason with fewer hp, because the faster Rage mode will appear.

Fine, but check out archivement on Steam about survive the night ....  -,-  How do this now ? 

Simple. Same as before. Now it’s just way harder. Not impossible. As it should be. 

20 minutes ago, RobiePL said:

For 3 games each Jason had a Rage mode. If there were more pocket knives as before, then the Rage mode for me could be after a minute. Now the only way out is to play Vanessa and run away

Lol?   

Running away isn't going to help you with Jack shit unless objectives get done and you escape.

@mattshotcha I still seem to be unable to find a dedicated EU server using Quick Play. After 5 minutes of searching I just get put in a player hosted match. Is this supposed to happen or will this be fixed? The outdated client bug doesn’t occur anymore though. 

10 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Lol?   

Running away isn't going to help you with Jack shit unless objectives get done and you escape.

Yeah, sure. Try with 150 lvls Jason.  If repair objectives I need smart charackter with low stamina

5 hours ago, RobiePL said:

Yeah, sure. Try with 150 lvls Jason.  If repair objectives I need smart charackter with low stamina

Your point is null. Jason cant be everywhere at once.

It doesn't matter if Jason is lvl 150.

11 minutes ago, RobiePL said:

I repair with chad and tiffany all the time. just start repair and exit instantly and start again until you get a good skill check. Obviously you cant do this if Jason is in your section of the map(In that case drop the part and lead him away for someone else to fix), but when he is in another vicinity it works without issue. Ive fixed both cars in a match with chad many times.

• Like 1

Ok I Thought I was going to like these new updates but need to tone it back some. First off You can’t even kill jason in rage mode now and already got players hiding when the game starts and they are just waiting until rage mode hits. 2nd you still should be able to stun with firecrackers and the flare gun. Because the flare gun does like the shot gun and you are stuck in an animation after you shoot leaving you exposed to a kill. Now fire crackers are useless and also you have made sucker punch perk useless as well you should still be able to stun jason a little if he is in rage mode but maybe turn it down to where all weapons have a machete’s stun chance instead? Also what is the point of jason even blocking now? Now on the plus side I like it now it tells the councilors when he is in rage mode and I like that I can now slash miltiple players at once that is great. Also if you want to make it more fair for jason take away the double med perk because there is already thick skin and those two together make players O.P. Still love playing this game!! Ty guys for sticking with us keep it up👍

5 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Fighting Jason is a legitimate way of surviving since day 1, defeating Jason is part of the game and a major part of the franchise.

Most f13 films (the equivalent of a match) end with Jason defeated by the main characters, so this is an integral part of F13, it is not DBD.

This is where many players are getting things a bit confused and keep in mind that what I'm going to say is directed in absolutely no way to the person I'm quoting. First, fighting and defeating Jason was intended as a legitimate way to survive yes, but it was never intended as a go-to method and more as a last resort sort of thing to do. Killing him was supposed to be really difficult to accomplished and something that happens only once in a while. Secondly, sure most F13th movies end with Jason's (temporary)demise but you never see the main character(s) trying to willingly fight him 1vs1 or kill him the moment he's in sight. They do exactly what anyone should be doing in this game first and foremost, hide/avoid Jason, run from him and try to escape him. And while the changes in this patch may look drastic they are in the right direction to bring the game back to its original vision. Is the patch perfect with nothing to change or improve? Of course not, but remember that Gun said themselves in the stream that nothing is set in stone and that they will see how thing goes with the patch.

Like some people here have already mentioned and this is just an opinion, but if the principal interest some players had in this game was to fight and kill Jason then maybe this game as a whole is not for them. If this was the only thing entertaining for some to keep them playing after x amount of hours and now they are unhappy they can do it as much or the same way as they did it before, maybe it is time for them to move to another game.

On an unrelated side note, just a random idea I had recently and it will probably be an unpopular(or stupid?) one for most as it would not change things that much, but if I had one suggestion to make regarding the prerequisite to pull a Jason's death is that it should only be possible to do it when there's only 3 counselors left alive(or less) including Tommy. The reasoning behind this is that it would make the game a little closer to the movies endings since there's only 2-3 peoples left most of the time. But hey, feel free to disagree with me guys.

One day you'll have to tell me what's wrong with trying to kill Jason.

It's not like people hacked the feature inside the game you know, the developers intended it to be there.

11 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

One day you'll have to tell me what's wrong with trying to kill Jason.

It's not like people hacked the feature inside the game you know, the developers intended it to be there.

there isn't anything wrong with killing Jason. It just became too easy to do in my opinion.

• Thanks 2

Yooooooooo wtf why do you make Jason op like that? You basically took fighting off,we can't do anything but die if we're grabbed.Why would you release something so ridiculously powerful.You need to focus on the actual problem of the game which is teamers.People running other people with cars,putting traps on windows and stealing sweater doing nothing or dying with it.And you want to buff the 5 year old Jasons that are being bullied because they can't play? Developers please,if this patch stays up with Jason being over powered like that and counselors not having a chance to fight plus the teamers,i will legitimate leave your beautiful game.That's all

3 hours ago, ScorpionX said:

@mattshotcha I still seem to be unable to find a dedicated EU server using Quick Play. After 5 minutes of searching I just get put in a player hosted match. Is this supposed to happen or will this be fixed? The outdated client bug doesn’t occur anymore though. 

This might be totally separate from the issue with servers. Let us know if this continues or if it's only intermittent.

4 hours ago, Dolemite said:

As usual, every time there is a Jason buff people come out of the woodwork to cry and sob about how unfair it is, when in reality they're just upset that they can't troll and behave like asses anymore.

The fact of the matter is that the game isn't set up around fighting Jason, it's set up around having counselors cooperate and work together to achieve goals in order to escape alive. Fighting Jason always was, and is, considered an absolute last resort.

Seriously, the only people complaining about the Jason buff are trolls and people who flat-out suck playing the game. if the new update makes you want to not play the game anymore, then fine, please go. You're probably part of the toxic player base that were making the game unbearable to begin with and you won't be missed.

I have never seen so much truth in one short post.

3 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

For almost two years, trolls have been frustrating new and veteran players alike with the whole piñata issue... If anything, that was the only part of this that broke any deal between the devs and "some" players. Jason has been a clown in a hockey mask for far too long... and he is still not invincible. Killing Jason is supposed to be difficult, I did it in the second day I played after purchase... how exactly was that difficult?

Making the Jason kill harder was the point. It is still not impossible as you claim. The mask can be removed without getting Jason anywhere near rage. But now Tommy will not be given to suicides... Jason kill is now "harder" to accomplish... which means the patch is doing exactly what it was intended to do.

Also, you keep mentioning the movies and how things went there... I have also had to point this out many times before... but here we go again... This is a game, not a movie. Not one of these movies were made knowing for sure that there would be a sequel... Story structure is a thing. There must be a resolution to each story, which means Jason has to be "stopped" or "killed" in every movie. Changing mediums means not everything can be translated to work the same way as it did in the original medium... this is just a reality that people need to understand.... Every match should not be ending with a Jason kill, nor should it be happening anywhere near as much as it was.
    And as far as the movies went... let us talk about the percentages of people in the movies that actually participated in "stopping" Jason... let's see... in the second movie... 2 people survived long enough to stop Jason and he got 10 kills. In the third movie, 1 person survived and he got 12 kills. In the fourth movie, 2 participated in "stopping" Jason once again and he got 13 kills... are we seeing a pattern here yet? If not, there is not much help for people that cannot do math. 
    Well, I can do math. This makes forty people, five of which survived. That would be an 15% chance of survival... the odds were not too good, were they?

If this patch is frustrating the trolls... then it is a job well done... and if you actually think no one expected backlash... then you were not thinking... at all. We all knew there would be backlash (its not like we needed to be psychics to see that coming), and we all knew exactly the type of players it would come from (also did not need to be psychic to see that one either)... which was the point of the patch. So once again, it is a job well done.

@badassgixxer05 I keep strange hours for the most part... (I don't sleep much) and sometimes just have bad luck getting the timing right with invites... That was the first time @ConnectTheKings and I have got the timing down to get into a game together for quite a while, though not for lack of trying. Some of my friends I regularly invite just don't want to wait for people to finish their games... Mooky is very impatient.
    Last night was also the first time "Weapon G" only got one kill (at least that I have seen). He is an awesome Jason player. I will be on a bit more often again I think... I will keep an eye out for you.

@Vanessaismymain If you had good intentions, you would not be saying that certain "Jason players" suck over any of this... let alone accusing me of being one of these Jasons. I am not the best Jason, and know MANY players that are far better at playing him than I am... but I am actually pretty good at it, thank you very much.
    Oh, and that was me being happy... not pissy… to use a line from an old TV show... "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
    And lumping me in with "one of those Jasons you were talking about" is insulting. You need to stop contradicting yourself... an insult is a personal attack... But I do not require an apology, I expected nothing less from someone that named themselves Vanessaismymain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, makred78 said:

This is where many players are getting things a bit confused and keep in mind that what I'm going to say is directed in absolutely no way to the person I'm quoting. First, fighting and defeating Jason was intended as a legitimate way to survive yes, but it was never intended as a go-to method and more as a last resort sort of thing to do. Killing him was supposed to be really difficult to accomplished and something that happens only once in a while. Secondly, sure most F13th movies end with Jason's (temporary)demise but you never see the main character(s) trying to willingly fight him 1vs1 or kill him the moment he's in sight. They do exactly what anyone should be doing in this game first and foremost, hide/avoid Jason, run from him and try to escape him. And while the changes in this patch may look drastic they are in the right direction to bring the game back to its original vision. Is the patch perfect with nothing to change or improve? Of course not, but remember that Gun said themselves in the stream that nothing is set in stone and that they will see how thing goes with the patch.

Like some people here have already mentioned and this is just an opinion, but if the principal interest some players had in this game was to fight and kill Jason then maybe this game as a whole is not for them. If this was the only thing entertaining for some to keep them playing after x amount of hours and now they are unhappy they can do it as much or the same way as they did it before, maybe it is time for them to move to another game.

On an unrelated side note, just a random idea I had recently and it will probably be an unpopular(or stupid?) one for most as it would not change things that much, but if I had one suggestion to make regarding the prerequisite to pull a Jason's death is that it should only be possible to do it when there's only 3 counselors left alive(or less) including Tommy. The reasoning behind this is that it would make the game a little closer to the movies endings since there's only 2-3 peoples left most of the time. But hey, feel free to disagree with me guys.

How is a solution to tell someone to go and play another game?

People may disagree on a topic and still their voices should be considered, asking someone to leave when they disagree with you doesn't sound like a fair deal to me.

This game had many different "souls" in it, and it is correct to include ALL of them in the steps to make the game better.

With this patch this has not been done and some players, and we do exist even if you would prefer us to go away, are not happy with the punishment