For all of you justifying this update. You must have had a hard time being jason. Do you want it to be easy as jason? It was already super easy to kill everyone before the update. Now after rage mode, its impossible to kill him, its impossible to defend yourself against him. You hit rage at 8 min into the game. That makes it too easy to be Jason. It literally took 2 escape option off the table, because you cant survive the night anymore either. That leaves cop or either car/boat. Jason part 2 has 7 traps. Now i dont even have to knock out the power because who cares if you call Tommy. Trap the phone. Trap the car up who cares if its a boat youll never get away on boat even if I am a slow swimmer. Its not a game anymore for the councelors. We get it jason is a monster hes supposed to kill people, but if youre going off the movies the protagonist always wins. In this scenario jason is too over powered. Easy fix push rage back to 5-7 minutes left in the match. It makes killing him still viable and makes it where escaping him at the end isnt possible

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So... the whinners have come out as predicted. And so many! This is so exciting.

I started playing soon after the patch dropped... and played for about six hours. What I have noticed is my escape ratio has skyrocketed. I still die here and there, but it was much rarer for me to die (unless I wanted to go out for a smoke without getting the friends in my lobby kicked)… and I was playing with damn good Jason players.
   I only got to play one game as Jason... and my preference was on Jason after the first hour, which I found to be odd. I did not even notice a difference, but the people I was playing with were not rushing me in groups to turn me into a piñata. If those days were truly over, I would be happy.

The car did drop off the map twice and the passengers were marked as "suicide". The random bug happened only once in this time and I cannot remember another bug happening at all... at least, not that I saw.
    Oddly enough, I did see Jason's mask pop off when he stepped in a bear trap... I have never seen this happen before... but it was actually kind of funny.

I also saw absolutely NO ONE in all of these matches today complain about the changes.

1 hour ago, ExoticAsFxck said:

Thank you.  At least someone gets it. It should be a challenge to be Jason. Now a 8 year old can get a flawless game.

Today, I have been playing mostly counselor... and not necessarily by choice. Some very skilled Jasons finished their match with 1 of 7 or 1 of 8 in quite a few matches compared to a regular day before this patch for these players. And there were many other matches with VERY skilled Jason players that had fewer than 4 kills. There were some games in which the Jason player got his 8 of 8. It is still a challenge to play Jason against good players. How do you not get this? How does the person you were responding to not get this?

And no... you do not need to knock Jason down to get away from him. I have led Jason on extremely long chases back and forth around the map without even using a weapon on many occasions... with the slow, low stamina repair counselors. Stamina management, fear management and knowing where you are going will save you far more often, and keep you alive far longer than swinging weapons at a good Jason player ever will.

It should be a rare event to kill Jason and it should be difficult. Too many people have been pounding their chests and bragging about how many times they killed Jason... or how much of a match they could keep him in a stun animation... People that brag about being good at something that is extremely easy to do is actually pretty annoying... and holy crap do they whine when it is made more difficult... I am not one of the "git good crowd".... but a few people crying here need to hear it... so git good.

2 hours ago, Jolly said:

Game a waste of time now. 

If the game is a waste of time for people who enjoy annoying other people... then the patch is a complete success. The fewer trolls that any of us have to deal with, the better.

As I said above... many very skilled Jason players got very low kill counts today, most of whom I have played with many times. All I have seen is less people successfully using Jason as a piñata... which was the point. 

@Partime_patrick Wow... just wow. This post is already getting long, so I will keep my response to your post above brief.
    No one can get away on the boat eh?... Just today, I went around a savini Jason in the boat and carried on at a leisurely pace to the exit and escaped... Played with him before... I will not name him, but he is a backer... and a pretty good Jason player, who rage quit just as we got through the exit.... so it would appear that you are wrong... I have also juked a great many Jason players in the water with the boat. It just takes practice. Even a +water speed Jason cannot catch a boat if he morphs to a point too far behind the boat to catch up... which I have gotten a good laugh out of many times.
   All I have seen today is VERY low kill counts for Jason... and way more escapes for me than normal.

I see several nobodies that joined the forum 2.5 seconds ago are RUSHING to complain and bring down morale. Don’t join a community and start trying to dictate how the game should play to us who are backers and forum regulars. Have a seat and earn your place. Yal are the same know-it-alls that start a new job and on day 3 are tying to shake up the joint and tell people with seniority how things should be. Again, welcome and sit down. The balance change is a restoration and fulfillment to what the backers were told would be a fundamental mechanic of the game: an unstoppable killer. Thanks @Fair Play, @Slasher_Clone, @Ahab, and others for articulating dozens of points as usual.

• Like 1

Great job on the Jason buff dev's. 👍👍

Finally Jason is a bit more fun again. I'm still seeing trolling but I'm not as worried anymore. Those Jason hunters are just going to have to work a little faster is all. It can be done and I've seen it a few times already. Once they fix the gun glitch for the kill it will be easier for them and things will get back to normal. You can still take Jason's mask off when he is in rage and when that happens he gets stunned. Hitting him during the knife grab animation while in rage will also stun him. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Partime_patrick said:

For all of you justifying this update. You must have had a hard time being jason. Do you want it to be easy as jason? It was already super easy to kill everyone before the update. Now after rage mode, its impossible to kill him, its impossible to defend yourself against him. You hit rage at 8 min into the game. That makes it too easy to be Jason. It literally took 2 escape option off the table, because you cant survive the night anymore either. That leaves cop or either car/boat. Jason part 2 has 7 traps. Now i dont even have to knock out the power because who cares if you call Tommy. Trap the phone. Trap the car up who cares if its a boat youll never get away on boat even if I am a slow swimmer. Its not a game anymore for the councelors. We get it jason is a monster hes supposed to kill people, but if youre going off the movies the protagonist always wins. In this scenario jason is too over powered. Easy fix push rage back to 5-7 minutes left in the match. It makes killing him still viable and makes it where escaping him at the end isnt possible

You have to realize that all players are not you, and the experiences of other players may vary.

Here's the trend with updates:

Continual complaints are made about the current update.

New update is launched, fixing certain things based on feedback.

The new update is received with mixed feelings. Certain people are appeased, while others feel their play style is ruined by the changes.

New members come to the forum, with some people offering genuine feedback, while others just flat out complain.

Players either adapt, continue to complain, or abandon the game entirely.

Arguments occur due to extremely opinionated members trying to argue they are always right and everyone else is wrong.

The development team takes feedback about the current patch, and work on the next patch.

The cycle continues.

21 minutes ago, Ahab said:

So... the whinners have come out as predicted. And so many! This is so exciting.

I started playing soon after the patch dropped... and played for about six hours. What I have noticed is my escape ratio has skyrocketed. I still die here and there, but it was much rarer for me to die (unless I wanted to go out for a smoke without getting the friends in my lobby kicked)… and I was playing with damn good Jason players.
   I only got to play one game as Jason... and my preference was on Jason after the first hour, which I found to be odd. I did not even notice a difference, but the people I was playing with were not rushing me in groups to turn me into a piñata. If those days were truly over, I would be happy. You, me and a fair number of people feel this way.

The car did drop off the map twice and the passengers were marked as "suicide". The random bug happened only once in this time and I cannot remember another bug happening at all... at least, not that I saw. That's why it's taking so long to fix this if it's a rare bug.
    Oddly enough, I did see Jason's mask pop off when he stepped in a bear trap... I have never seen this happen before... but it was actually kind of funny.  That's feels like a Looney Tunes moment.

I also saw absolutely NO ONE in all of these matches today complain about the changes. You found a pretty decent group to play with.

Today, I have been playing mostly counselor... and not necessarily by choice. Some very skilled Jasons finished their match with 1 of 7 or 1 of 8 in quite a few matches compared to a regular day before this patch for these players. And there were many other matches with VERY skilled Jason players that had fewer than 4 kills. There were some games in which the Jason player got his 8 of 8. It is still a challenge to play Jason against good players. How do you not get this? How does the person you were responding to not get this?

And no... you do not need to knock Jason down to get away from him. I have led Jason on extremely long chases back and forth around the map without even using a weapon on many occasions... with the slow, low stamina repair counselors. Stamina management, fear management and knowing where you are going will save you far more often, and keep you alive far longer than swinging weapons at a good Jason player ever will. That's some Grade A kiting you've got going on.

It should be a rare event to kill Jason and it should be difficult. Too many people have been pounding their chests and bragging about how many times they killed Jason... or how much of a match they could keep him in a stun animation... People that brag about being good at something that is extremely easy to do is actually pretty annoying... and holy crap do they whine when it is made more difficult... I am not one of the "git good crowd".... but a few people crying here need to hear it... so git good.

If the game is a waste of time for people who enjoy annoying other people... then the patch is a complete success. The fewer trolls that any of us have to deal with, the better. We hopefully will see a big drop in those trolls if all goes well.

As I said above... many very skilled Jason players got very low kill counts today, most of whom I have played with many times. All I have seen is less people successfully using Jason as a piñata... which was the point.  Amen to that Cap'n

This is just day one. I wonder what day 7 will be like...

16 minutes ago, Ahab said:

If the game is a waste of time for people who enjoy annoying other people... then the patch is a complete success. The fewer trolls that any of us have to deal with, the better.

As I said above... many very skilled Jason players got very low kill counts today, most of whom I have played with many times. All I have seen is less people successfully using Jason as a piñata... which was the point. 

Well said Ahab. 100% agree. The trolls are just going to have to accept it and adapt. Most of the lobbies I had the misfortune of being in today a majority of players weren't doing jack. Some were even deliberately holding on to items so the trolls haven't completely vanished. And there are some that have already adapted. Juking is still just as easy if you are skilled at it. Unfortunately I am not which is why I main as Adam so I can repair things quickly and get out. The one time I was Jason during my session though I had a blast. They got the sweater and Tommy was called. When they took my mask off I immediately went into rage. This also put me in a stun state. So had the shotgun not been bugged (this Tommy was using a bat...lol) and I was against experienced hunters all the girl had to do was wait for the stun animation to finish then hit the sweater. I could have been toast my first out as Jason with the new patch.

They'll fix the glitch eventually. 

1 hour ago, xREAPERx said:

This is update is stupid, making Jason invincible in the first 3 mins of the game. One word, stupid I have been playing this game since release even donating to the start up and this update just killed your player base. A years worth of grinding for legendary perks and you just made them irrelevant in less than an hours time with a GD update that caters to people who have no skill. It’s bad enough we as skill based players have to deal with people helping Jason by opening doors, taking the both sets of keys and the fuse so we have no way to escape now we have no way to stun him to even attempt anything. You just made your game a crappy version of dead by daylight. Congratulations on your losing your fan base. I’d ask for a refund buts it’s as useless as your game.

The game hasn’t been skill-based for counselors in a long time. Most patches nerfed Jason to keep counselors from crying. Killing Jason is easy if players exploit his nerfs.

It’s the Jason players that kill you when you’re trying to exploit him that are skilled. 

The gravy train is being discontinued. 

Couple reasons why I like this update so far and how I think it can benefit the game going forward. This is based off from a couple matches I've experienced so far.

1. It eliminates Jason quitting.

2. Counselor players are no longer holding lobbies hostage because Jason is no longer taken hostage himself from the looping stuns or unnecessary marathon chases. As a result, the matches come to an end at a reasonable amount of time and players don't have to suffer a long waiting period.

The only negative I've heard about it is Jason cannot kneel while he's in rage in order to activate the kill. Not sure if this was intentional or a small mistake. I'm going to assume it was a mistake since I witnessed him being demasked while in rage so the steps to kill should definitely be there somewhere. This issue is probably not much of a big deal if you're the kind of player who doesn't always like to do the sweater play, but I know there's others out there that definitely like to attempt once in awhile for fun(I know I do) so hopefully they can address this soon.

Although in the meantime, I'm wondering if it's still possible to demask and kill before he gets to rage if you're running with a high strength counselor using the right perks. I only run epics and haven't reached any legendary perks to test to this. Has anyone recall seeing this yet?

I've been playing this game since day 1 with that being said this patch in my opinion has sucked life out of what's fun about this game.

I get Jason should be a killer that you should be afraid of honestly this makes him more annoying than anything else. 

I usually get 8/8 kills before the patch and handled myself quite well even when groups would try an gang up on me point being, this patch only helps Jason's with little to no skill. Jason's still hacking people after getting buffed pretty ridiculous! and i'm sorry if you're Jason and you cut the power to call Tommy you're really sad/bad and honestly pretty damn weak. I mean now the way things are your pretty much guaranteed a win if you're decent you don't have to be good just decent and you'll at least get six kills.  

You want Jason to be scary increase his stalk ability. A Jason that can hide and stalk his prey that's fun and scary. You could hide longer and wait for the perfect time to strike, Being chased till stamina is gone then you're just screwed isn't fun.  

I think if this would've happened from the beginning instead of now there wouldn't be many complaints, before you gave counselors a slight chance to survive but not you've tied their hands behind their backs and Jason can pretty much run them over. 

I love being Jason but i also like being a counselor and people telling the counselors to get good 😒 Really? The Jason's needed to get good it wasn't the counselors fault you got mobbed and embarrassed you need skill, but now fortunately for you - you don't need skill!

I love the films just as much as the next guy but there are ways for Jason to be scary, fun, and rewarding and this isn't it. 

I think for this to be somewhat fair Counselors should be able to use 4 perks instead of just three considering weapons are pretty much useless now. 

Playing a game earlier Jarvis hits me Just stood there and honestly felt bad because he had no chance. I didn't need a buff to win as Jason and the people complaining that Jason sucked before it's the player not Jason that sucked!  

Where's the reward or challenge for Jason now? He rages, chases a counselor stamina gone and done game over, cause your damn sure not going to swat him with a map. You could've put a limit on the baseball bats, wrenches, etc... and eliminated the people being bullied and would've been fair. 

Imagine finding maybe one or two baseball bats that's it! are you gonna waste the weapon bullying Jason or keep your weapon to survive? 

I do think there should be an increase of pocket knives to balance most if not all other weapons are useless now, i'm not say there should be 10 knives but 1 or 2 more wouldn't hurt considering Jason can no longer be stunned.  

I get the attentions of this but now in my opinion you've changed the formula that worked and what made the game fun! The only way you're ever gonna make Jason scary again is make him silent but deadly, it's too late to make him a brute force that's what he should've been at the beginning but now this game is seasoned and changing the mechanics to favor Jason isn't the way to go because it requires no skill. 

Playing as a counselor you should feel you have a small chance of surviving not being lead to slaughter. This will only lead to boredom not fun nor excitement the formula worked! I'd rather have a counselor give me a fight over making it impossible to have any defense against Jason. 

Let's talk about perks sucker punch , slugger, swift attacker, now are no longer useful this why i suggest if Jason is going to remained buffed a counselor should get 4 perks stamina, med spray, thick skin, marathon, are still useful adding an extra slot for a perk isn't going to give a counselor an edge but would give them a better chance of surviving, and before anyone says no new content adding an extra perk slot wouldn't be new it would fall in the balancing category.  The perks that effect Jason's sense there useless and hiding isn't an option! Jason can easily sniff out a counselor so again most of the perks are useless now. Buffing Jason that's fine but perks are now what a counselor haves to rely on and most of them are no longer useful. You've eliminated most of the features in the game by taking away weapons for defense and fireworks are now no longer helpful to help regain stamina when in a bind. 

The last survivor should be able to give Jason a fight and a good run for his money not being left helpless. I agree Jason should be able to slash the shit out of a group attacking him but let's face it if you're Debra for example what chance does she have with limited stamina? Now how things are that's what you have to rely on and there's no chance.  Now Jason is being handed the easy victory unless you get lucky and find a knife you're pretty much screwed if playing a counselor.   You want the movie experience i get it, but there are ways to keep Jason a beast and still give the counselor a fighting chance.  Turning this game into a one legged man in ass kicking contest isn't the answer. These changes are only helping Jason's who obviously rage quit and complain the true OP Jason's that have skill will be become eventually bored and being counselor isn't fun now nor is it scary! 

I understand the devs have a hard job and i love gun media because they think outside the box and they gave us damn near a masterpiece of a game. I know it's difficult to find a balance that satisfies all that keeps the game scary but fun.

Last but not least when i first played this game i wanted to have the shit scared out of me, but as time progressed i fell in love with this game because of how fun and unique it truly is and i feel this patch is taking away some of the magic that made it fun, being able to bully Jason and silly emotes isn't what i'm talking about the suspense is gone with no longer being able to defend myself that's what kept good counselors on their toes one little mistake "bam" you're dead, but now all counselors should wear a name tag that says pretty much screwed!  Escaping alone isn't rewarding especially without fighting to survive. I hope Wes and the rest of Gun will read this and take no offense these are just some suggestions/criticisms.  I love Gun you're my favorite devs because you're not afraid to give the gaming world something different.  Remember that new project not Layers of fear 😉 Stick to this formula and you'll have something special. Don't take the dbd or last year method. You guys are like the No Mercy of horror games THQ fans will get the reference if ain't broke don't fix it! Tweak and It'll be in fine Shape 👻 🎃 😉

32 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

You could hide longer and wait for the perfect time to strike, Being chased till stamina is gone then you're just screwed isn't fun.  

That always doesn't have to be the case. If you time it right on baiting him into grabbing and melee attack during his grab animation, not only you get stamina regeneration, but you'll also gain enough time to evade him because he will suffer from a 1-2 second interaction lock from the hit.

I did this with Kenny with no team assistance and I was able to survive 2 minutes before the game ended.

This would require skill  yes! my point is a silent Jason would give the scare that people want not this. Reference Part 2 Jason in the movies was silent but deadly he'd watch his prey from a far then attack. I know most new players want to escape but once you're at level 150 nothing left to unlock kinda all that's left is give Jason a run for his money that's what keeps this game alive.

@Fair Play That was a looney tunes moment for sure, but I think I was the only person to notice it. Even the Jason player had no idea when he lost his mask until I told him... I was spectating the last counselor alive at the time.

I did have a pretty good group... I do not keep assholes in my friends list... but I was talking about the randoms we played with as well. Not a single person in any match complained about the changes made. This is a first... every other patch has led to me having to listen to a lot of bitching about this, that or the other thing in game.
   We had a full lobby from my friend list for a little while, but people come and go and we had up to four randoms with us in many matches. I saw a lot of names I had never seen before as far as the randoms went... and a quite a few I have played with many times.
   @badassgixxer05 and @ConnectTheKings were among them and they played very well as both counselor and Jason. I think it was my first time playing with the mighty badassgixxer and hopefully not the last time. 

I have been working on those kitting skills since day 1... which, for me... was way back in October 2017. Practicing kitting with the most difficult counselors to do it with was frustrating at first, but practice makes us all better. If I were to play the faster, high stamina counselors... well, that would just be too easy now. Besides, I like to repair stuff and actually help complete objectives... and every time I play Chad I feel like I need a shower.
   But I still have bad games like everyone else and sometimes I can't make it ten feet away from him before I find myself in a kill animation.

@undrtkr There will always be trolls... but anything that makes it harder for them to be assholes is a good thing. If the trolls are complaining, then the devs did an awesome job in my opinion.
    I don't think the mask popping off puts you in rage... With the proper perks and counselors, you can get his mask off in two hits and some even claim to do it in one hit... two hits cannot put you in rage mode.
    I have lost my mask many times without going into rage... which means that if the Jason hunters had a brain (brains seem to be less common than they used to be)... they would only use weapons that will remove the mask at this point... and they would still be able to kill Jason... before he goes into rage. So it is still very possible to kill Jason right now, even if you can't get him to his knees in rage... if the Jason hunters could actually learn to use the brain in their head.
   This does, however... seem to have accomplished the goal of making it harder to kill Jason... without making it impossible. But I do not think they intended that you could not knock Jason to his knees in the sweater animation when in rage.

34 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I get Jason should be a killer that you should be afraid of honestly this makes him more annoying than anything else. 

If you get that Jason should be a killer to be afraid of... then it is a contradiction to that statement when you say this makes him annoying. Starting off a very long statement with an obvious contradiction in your very first post (which according to the rules is supposed to be an introduction post made in the introduction section) does not lead to anyone taking you seriously.
   I did read that entire post... I have written posts longer than that in my sleep... and I had to say it in another post not so very long ago... and I do not like saying it at all... but...
   Git good.
   Exactly how is Jason guaranteed a win? As I pointed out in an earlier post... today has seen some VERY skilled Jason players finish a match with VERY low kill counts. That is not a win for Jason. It is actually pretty damned far from a win for Jason... which is the exact opposite of a guaranteed win for Jason.

Personally, I am happy to see that the people using Jason as a piñata are upset. After the frustration they have caused so many players, they deserve some frustration too. Perhaps the many players I know that refused to play this game any more because of this problem will start to pick it up again. The patch... so far, seems to be a success.

2 minutes ago, Ahab said:

@Fair Play That was a looney tunes moment for sure, but I think I was the only person to notice it. Even the Jason player had no idea when he lost his mask until I told him... I was spectating the last counselor alive at the time.

I did have a pretty good group... I do not keep assholes in my friends list... but I was talking about the randoms we played with as well. Not a single person in any match complained about the changes made. This is a first... every other patch has led to me having to listen to a lot of bitching about this, that or the other thing in game.
   We had a full lobby from my friend list for a little while, but people come and go and we had up to four randoms with us in many matches. I saw a lot of names I had never seen before as far as the randoms went... and a quite a few I have played with many times.
   @badassgixxer05 and @ConnectTheKings were among them and they played very well as both counselor and Jason. I think it was my first time playing with the mighty badassgixxer and hopefully not the last time. 

I have been working on those kitting skills since day 1... which, for me... was way back in October 2017. Practicing kitting with the most difficult counselors to do it with was frustrating at first, but practice makes us all better. If I were to play the faster, high stamina counselors... well, that would just be too easy now. Besides, I like to repair stuff and actually help complete objectives... and every time I play Chad I feel like I need a shower.
   But I still have bad games like everyone else and sometimes I can't make it ten feet away from him before I find myself in a kill animation.

@undrtkr There will always be trolls... but anything that makes it harder for them to be assholes is a good thing. If the trolls are complaining, then the devs did an awesome job in my opinion.
    I don't think the mask popping off puts you in rage... With the proper perks and counselors, you can get his mask off in two hits and some even claim to do it in one hit... two hits cannot put you in rage mode.
    I have lost my mask many times without going into rage... which means that if the Jason hunters had a brain (brains seem to be less common than they used to be)... they would only use weapons that will remove the mask at this point... and they would still be able to kill Jason... before he goes into rage. So it is still very possible to kill Jason right now, even if you can't get him to his knees in rage... if the Jason hunters could actually learn to use the brain in their head.
   This does, however... seem to have accomplished the goal of making it harder to kill Jason... without making it impossible. But I do not think they intended that you could not knock Jason to his knees in the sweater animation when in rage.

If you get that Jason should be a killer to be afraid of... then it is a contradiction to that statement when you say this makes him annoying. Starting off a very long statement with an obvious contradiction in your very first post (which according to the rules is supposed to be an introduction post made in the introduction section) does not lead to anyone taking you seriously.
   I did read that entire post... I have written posts longer than that in my sleep... and I had to say it in another post not so very long ago... and I do not like saying it at all... but...
   Git good.
   Exactly how is Jason guaranteed a win? As I pointed out in an earlier post... today has seen some VERY skilled Jason players finish a match with VERY low kill counts. That is not a win for Jason. It is actually pretty damned far from a win for Jason... which is the exact opposite of a guaranteed win for Jason.

Personally, I am happy to see that the people using Jason as a piñata are upset. After the frustration they have caused so many players, they deserve some frustration too. Perhaps the many players I know that refused to play this game any more because of this problem will start to pick it up again. The patch... so far, seems to be a success.

Jason isn't scary that ship has sailed! obviously you must be one of the Jason's i'm referring to my message maybe long but it has heart and good intentions behind it and if you would've read what i wrote in full there's suggestions for both Jason and counselors. Don't get pissy i didn't personally attack you.

Question. Does this changes to Rage affect me in Offline Bots? Meaning Bots cannot damage me in Rage mode?

1 minute ago, Avanious said:

Question. Does this changes to Rage affect me in Offline Bots? Meaning Bots cannot damage me in Rage mode?

Yes. The same goes for offline mode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vanessaismymain said:

Have you considered how Jason felt for months of being smacked around for 20 minutes?

I usually get 8/8 kills before the patch and handled myself quite well even when groups would try an gang up on me point being, this patch only helps Jason's with little to no skill. Jason's still hacking people after getting buffed pretty ridiculous! and i'm sorry if you're Jason and you cut the power to call Tommy you're really sad/bad and honestly pretty damn weak. I mean now the way things are your pretty much guaranteed a win if you're decent you don't have to be good just decent and you'll at least get six kills.  

A number of players could pull 8/8 pretty consistently. The question is, what kind of players were they up against? Being a "good" Jason is kinda subjective. What's "good" to one player, may be something else to another. It's all a matter of perspective. The same holds true for the quality of counselors.

You want Jason to be scary increase his stalk ability. A Jason that can hide and stalk his prey that's fun and scary. You could hide longer and wait for the perfect time to strike, Being chased till stamina is gone then you're just screwed isn't fun.

Jason's Stalk is fine. How one uses it is a true testament to their skill level.

I think if this would've happened from the beginning instead of now there wouldn't be many complaints, before you gave counselors a slight chance to survive but not you've tied their hands behind their backs and Jason can pretty much run them over. 

I kinda agree with you on that one. If this was a day one issue, people would have likely accepted it, as they wouldn't know anything else.

I think for this to be somewhat fair Counselors should be able to use 4 perks instead of just three considering weapons are pretty much useless now.

With that logic, people will eventually ask for 5 perks, then 6, then eventually all perks at once.

Playing a game earlier Jarvis hits me Just stood there and honestly felt bad because he had no chance. I didn't need a buff to win as Jason and the people complaining that Jason sucked before it's the player not Jason that sucked!

Read the topic "Jason is Weak" and you'll see why people felt as they did.

Where's the reward or challenge for Jason now? He rages, chases a counselor stamina gone and done game over, cause your damn sure not going to swat him with a map. You could've put a limit on the baseball bats, wrenches, etc... and eliminated the people being bullied and would've been fair. 

If you reduced the number of available weapons, a portion of the player base would start complaining about that.

Imagine finding maybe one or two baseball bats that's it! are you gonna waste the weapon bullying Jason or keep your weapon to survive? 

That depends on the player. Even with the overwhelming odds, there will still be a handful of players who will try to hit Jason.

I do think there should be an increase of pocket knives to balance most if not all other weapons are useless now, i'm not say there should be 10 knives but 1 or 2 more wouldn't hurt considering Jason can no longer be stunned.

One or two more pocketknives could be added. The thing is, down the road someone else will say they need more.

I get the attentions of this but now in my opinion you've changed the formula that worked and what made the game fun! The only way you're ever gonna make Jason scary again is make him silent but deadly, it's too late to make him a brute force that's what he should've been at the beginning but now this game is seasoned and changing the mechanics to favor Jason isn't the way to go because it requires no skill. 

It's never too late to get things back on track. It's been a very rough road since launch day. When the game was heavily favoring counselors, similar complaints and arguments came about. With every update that is released, someone is not gonna be happy.

Playing as a counselor you should feel you have a small chance of surviving not being lead to slaughter. This will only lead to boredom not fun nor excitement the formula worked! I'd rather have a counselor give me a fight over making it impossible to have any defense against Jason. 

I've seen quite a few players in QP today enjoying themselves despite the conditions of the patch. It may not be sitting well with everyone, but it's not killing the game for everyone either.

Let's talk about perks sucker punch , slugger, swift attacker, now are no longer useful this why i suggest if Jason is going to remained buffed a counselor should get 4 perks stamina, med spray, thick skin, marathon, are still useful adding an extra slot for a perk isn't going to give a counselor an edge but would give them a better chance of surviving, and before anyone says no new content adding an extra perk slot wouldn't be new it would fall in the balancing category.  The perks that effect Jason's sense there useless and hiding isn't an option! Jason can easily sniff out a counselor so again most of the perks are useless now. Buffing Jason that's fine but perks are now what a counselor haves to rely on and most of them are no longer useful. You've eliminated most of the features in the game by taking away weapons for defense and fireworks are now no longer helpful to help regain stamina when in a bind. 

Only a member of the development team can enlighten us on what is or is not covered under the words "new content".

The last survivor should be able to give Jason a fight and a good run for his money not being left helpless. I agree Jason should be able to slash the shit out of a group attacking him but let's face it if you're Debra for example what chance does she have with limited stamina? Now how things are that's what you have to rely on and there's no chance.  Now Jason is being handed the easy victory unless you get lucky and find a knife you're pretty much screwed if playing a counselor.   You want the movie experience i get it, but there are ways to keep Jason a beast and still give the counselor a fighting chance.  Turning this game into a one legged man in ass kicking contest isn't the answer. These changes are only helping Jason's who obviously rage quit and complain the true OP Jason's that have skill will be become eventually bored and being counselor isn't fun now nor is it scary!

Since this update, I've seen a slight increase in teamwork and communication. I've also seen a couple more lone wolves. There are players trying to make the most of the situation.

I understand the devs have a hard job and i love gun media because they think outside the box and they gave us damn near a masterpiece of a game. I know it's difficult to find a balance that satisfies all that keeps the game scary but fun.

Most of us know it's a tough job. People coming here dumping all over the state of the game doesn't make their job any easier.

With all the feedback everyone is providing, there will likely be adjustments to the new patch. The "unkillable" Jason bug is the one thing that will need to be fixed.

43 minutes ago, Ahab said:

It sounds like you have a pretty adaptive group.

Jason can get on the roof of Packanack, counsellor can still glide with a gun, and on top of canoes.

On PS4 shotgun didn't work (to go on knees)  in rage mode whilst mask off.

Love the update! Jason finally being feared again. Now this is what we call a Friday the 13th game instead of a Mortal Kombat game.

8 minutes ago, Pmlk said:

Jason can get on the roof of Packanack, counsellor can still glide with a gun, and on top of canoes.

On PS4 shotgun didn't work (to go on knees)  in rage mode whilst mask off.

Welcome to Camp.

You can report those issues to jasonkillsbugs.com

5 hours ago, ExoticAsFxck said:

Dude, I get how it's unfair when everyone gangs up on Jason. But now he can hit multiple counselors at once, so all you have to do is swing until you kill enough of them until they run off. They made Jason unstoppable, didnt fix the car glitch, but fixed the roof glitch? It should be a challenge to be Jason, not a piece of piss. 

It's a challenge to be Jason when counselors actually work to escape. Moreso if they communicate.

4 hours ago, xREAPERx said:

This is update is stupid, making Jason invincible in the first 3 mins of the game. One word, stupid I have been playing this game since release even donating to the start up and this update just killed your player base. A years worth of grinding for legendary perks and you just made them irrelevant in less than an hours time with a GD update that caters to people who have no skill. It’s bad enough we as skill based players have to deal with people helping Jason by opening doors, taking the both sets of keys and the fuse so we have no way to escape now we have no way to stun him to even attempt anything. You just made your game a crappy version of dead by daylight. Congratulations on your losing your fan base. I’d ask for a refund buts it’s as useless as your game.

Jason hits rage three minutes of the game? Yeah, not gonna deal with a whiner who outright lies to try and make a point.

4 hours ago, Partime_patrick said:

It's not easy for Jason if counselors are actually working to an end. Yeah, the guy hiding and not pulling his weight drags the rest down. Basically the way to make Jason work is to get the objectives fixed. His biggest weakness is he can't be everywhere at once. Hell a boat escaped me as New Blood tonight because I used morph right before the boat started. 

1 hour ago, expert16 said:

still finds special rooms in europe and I'm deleting the game after such an absurd update

Kick rocks, Felicia.

21 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

With all the feedback everyone is providing, there will likely be adjustments to the new patch. The "unkillable" Jason bug is the one thing that will need to be fixed.

It sounds like you have a pretty adaptive group.

I like some of your points and thank you for not insulting my suggestions. I do believe Stalk is the way to go though, if people want a good jump scare every now and then just in general a quicker longer stalk would put fear in the counselors cause most of the time you wouldn't hear music then Jason gets you which would feel rewarding for both Jason and counselor. I love opening a door and Jason is waiting that makes things scary and rewarding.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

Yes. The same goes for offline mode.

Thanks. I kinda figured but wasn't sure. Been too tired to get on the game lately due to work and upcoming job interview tomorrow. Thanks to this update to fix pretty much what made me and my friends just flat out stop playing the game except Offline mode because of the Trolls taking over, my friends and I planned on popping back on together after 5 months hiatus to finally play. We were getting sick of people not playing the game except to chase and bully Jason and nobody cooperating with tasks such as fixing cars and calling the cops and escaping when playing counselor.