3 hours ago, Rigginss1 said:

If he's so bad then how come the past 60 times I've been Jason I've either 8/8 or 7/8 counselors? If he's that bad how come I'm the only survivor half the game?

The idea is to encourage counselors on escaping not engage in a boss fight like a streets of rage video game.

Being an expert with Jason or cleaning a lobby doesn't mean shit if you're not having fun at the end of the day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Making Jason Unstunnable in rage much is a bit much of an buff imo I play with my GF to have fun an relax on this game and I normally carry a weapon to stop Jason from grabbing her half way through the game, the stun should be reduced by 50% an he recovers quicker from being stunned would be a good balance because I rely on hitting Jason to gain an stamina buff later in the match to escape

Had to clean up a lot of multi posts in here. I advise everyone to read the rule about it properly if you don't know.

I'm liking the idea of Jason being unstunnable during Rage Mode, so as long as this new feature doesn't cause any more bugs, but that's wishful thinking.

With this new feature, this will discourage Counselors from fighting Jason too much, and instead put the main purpose of the game pack into the game: to escape.

I do hope that it's still possible to rescue Counselors being grabbed even when Jason is in Rage Mode, just as long as Jason still cannot be stunned, but we'll just have to wait and see.

There is something I'd like clarification on. After Rage is active, Jason is immune to stuns from melee weapons, correct? What about pocket-knives? Or traps? Or being demasked? 

Hey, you guys who are complaining that Jason is "too OP:"

Watch a Friday the 13th movie sometime.  When you do, you'll see teenagers getting killed. Lots of them.  What you don't see are fearless teens talking smack to Jason and beating him constantly while he is unable to defend himself.

Those of us who love the franchise wanted a game where escaping Jason was difficult, and would require cunning, teamwork, and luck.  It SHOULD be hard, it SHOULD be scary.  And it was, at launch.  It looks like the devs are finally putting things right.

@mattshotcha, the stream was awesome and much appreciated.  The only thing I didn't see addressed that has been discussed here was the perk rolling.  Are there changes coming to it in a future patch still?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, RichWalk9891 said:

I do hope that it's still possible to rescue Counselors being grabbed even when Jason is in Rage Mode, just as long as Jason still cannot be stunned, but we'll just have to wait and see.

During their stream they tested that. You can still make Jason lose his grip on a counselor while he’s in rage mode, but it doesn’t stun him. He’ll drop the counselor, but if the counselor isn’t quick enough, he can immediately re-grab them. 

@gtdjlocker311, Wes did mention overhauling the perks, but I never did hear any of them give a set time frame for it. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

There is something I'd like clarification on. After Rage is active, Jason is immune to stuns from melee weapons, correct? What about pocket-knives? Or traps? Or being demasked? 

He can still take Damage and can be demasked, and pocket knives and traps  will continue to work the same as they do now 

9 hours ago, Rigginss1 said:

Oh you mean the shotgun in which only 2 spawn? And fire crackers that don't work half the time? Yeah not bs at all. I just have to change my playstyle. I get crippled while he's in rage mode and can't stun him and heal so I'm dead without any chance? Really balanced and fun game design. If you're so garbage that you need not be stunned in rage to kill all 7 counselors you shouldn't play. This new patch is going to completely break the game. Characters like buggszy Chad Vanessa and Adam are going to be almost completely useless after the patch considering at the 10 min mark their entire playstyle are useless. It gives slashing Jasons and destruction Jason's an edge as nothing can be done to stop them unless you have one of the two shotguns that spawn

It sounds like you just like to confront Jason. I’ve usually escaped by the time he goes into rage mode. You’re supposed to be lucky to have escaped a Jason encounter. 

• Like 1

I'm seeing reports on Steam that the patch didn't do anything.Person claims Jason getting stunned even in rage. I 've read the roof glitch is still there also. I haven't seen a download yet here

23 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Watch a Friday the 13th movie sometime.  When you do, you'll see teenagers getting killed. Lots of them.  What you don't see are fearless teens talking smack to Jason and beating him constantly while he is unable to defend himself.

Those of us who love the franchise wanted a game where escaping Jason was difficult, and would require cunning, teamwork, and luck.  It SHOULD be hard, it SHOULD be scary.  And it was, at launch.  It looks like the devs are finally putting things right.

@mattshotcha, the stream was awesome and much appreciated.  The only thing I didn't see addressed that has been discussed here was the perk rolling.  Are there changes coming to it in a future patch still?

Y’all always say this like he doesn’t get his ass handed to him on a silver platter by a teenage girl at the end of most of them. 

15 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I have to disagree. Making melee weapons usless for half the game (give or take a bit) sure as hell is taking something from counselors. I was and still am all for buffing Jason. But to me this was definitely not the way to do it. It screws counselors the second half of the match. And does nothing for Jason the first half.

Change is scary at first, I know a lot of players are worried about not being able to stun Jason with melee hits when Rage is active.... we will have to adjust our playstyle s...

but I stand by my statement nothing has been taken away just sounds like it will be harder to accomplish....

melee is not useless You’ll still regain stamina and damage Jason, it just requires a more powerful weapon to stun him..

players have been spoiled by the way the combat was.....and it was piss poorly designed. This at least puts power back into Jason for the last 7 minutes of the match or if players attempt a beat down party a little sooner.

Also his melee swing damaging multiple counselors helps Jason in the first half of the match.

26 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I'm seeing reports on Steam that the patch didn't do anything.Person claims Jason getting stunned even in rage. I 've read the roof glitch is still there also. I haven't seen a download yet here

There was a weird 28MB download late last night. not sure what it was. Wasnt the real patch though.

3 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Nah that's too small to be a patch.I'm guessing more like 6 gig or more.

I had similiar small patches for like 10 of my games last night, so guessing it had something to do with steam.

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

He can still take Damage and can be demasked, and pocket knives and traps  will continue to work the same as they do now 

I'm asking if Jason is still stunned for a few seconds when pocketknived or when he loses his mask.

Edit: I absolutely love that the devs FINALLY realized and understood that there was a severe balance issue that needed to be corrected. Sure, people will piss and moan about having no chance to survive or some counselors being useless but seriously, lets think about this for a second. This patch does not stop counselors from kiting Jason all over the map while others repair objectives. This patch does not stop anyone from repairing the phone and calling the fuzz. This patch does not stop counselors from raiding the shack, taking the sweater, and then killing Jason once TJ shows up. 

What it DOES stop (or rather what it greatly reduces) is stupid shit like this:

And it's about fuckin' time. Maybe now some counselors will reconsider intentionally dragging out the match just so they can bully Jason near the exit. The ones that try it anyway are going to learn a very hard lesson in the form of "Shit, we're running out of weapons and he's still coming! Maybe we should run to the cops while we still can!"

In the beginning, if you had an opportunity to escape, you damn well took it. I'm glad that's finally making a comeback.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I'm asking if Jason is still stunned for a few seconds when pocketknived or when he loses his mask.

Pocket knives still work the same, which isn't a "stun" so much as it triggers the sequence where he drops the counselor and removes the knife. On the stream when they were testing it, Jason did get stunned when his mask came off. 

I'm glad there'll be no more free stuns after raging through a wall or door. That never did make sense anyway.

I like the changes, save one:

Stun Immunite whilst in Rage: I would rather the stun percentage of all weapons be reduced significantly, instead of negate stuns entirely. Say a baseball bat would go from what seems like a 90% or over 90% stun rate down to 50 or 60%, maybe less. I think there should still be a bit of stun chance to pull of those "clutch" moments where you can just barely escape. Otherwise I like the other changes.

• Like 1

Even though I became more of a Jason Hunter than a Jason Player myself…...I really like it. This will make Things a lot fresher and actually challenging….
But what About the Unlimited Shift Cheat, hack or whatever? Or that weird counselor move that makes them teleport after Swinging their weapon (I think it's a macro Thing or something….)?
But damn, that's Awesome guys!
btw, so it isn't known yet when the patch Drops?

Super exited about this update.

I quited playing because I wanted to play a real survivor game. Instead fo that, in every round they kept trolling Jason and I was bored. Everybody using "runners" to troll him.

Time for REAL Friday 13th fellings.

Now we will see how Jason's friends fill him with rage at the beginning of the game.

Time for REAL Friday 13th fellings.

On 1/30/2019 at 12:04 PM, gtdjlocker311 said:

Amen

On 1/30/2019 at 7:09 AM, Tuffy09 said:

Making Jason Unstunnable in rage much is a bit much of an buff imo I play with my GF to have fun an relax on this game and I normally carry a weapon to stop Jason from grabbing her half way through the game, the stun should be reduced by 50% an he recovers quicker from being stunned would be a good balance because I rely on hitting Jason to gain an stamina buff later in the match to escape

No it’s not Jason has been a pansy for to long.

12 hours ago, DasMurich said:

The counselors are going to just have to adjust and make an actual effort to not send Jason in to rage a few minutes in to the match. They should be focusing on the objectives

For the 1st time in a while im actually excited to play this game again..  

The change to rage punishes aggressive counselor players.   And that's sounds great to me.

It also will punish players who only focus on killing Jason.

Seems like win/win.     

Jason got his balls back..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1