8 minutes ago, Greasemunkey75 said:

They say you have to use the shotgun to get him on his knees and then you use axe or machete.

It doesn't work. I've used a shotgun as both a counselor and Tommy Jarvis while Jason is stunned by Pamela's sweater. He never drops to his knees. 

*Killing Jason is unchanged* just isn't true at all. He is completely unkillable in rage mode, now. Not a fan at all of the Jason buff. He goes into rage mode way too early, and now he is completely unstoppable. When Jason is in rage mode, AT MINIMUM melee weapons should stun Jason while Pamela's sweater is activated. I've still yet to see his mask knocked off before he even goes into rage mode. He is essentially unkillable at all now, unless the entire lobby runs to the shack, grabs the sweater and goes to town on him, hoping he doesn't just run away until rage mode. 

Just now, RockyMtnReaper said:

It doesn't work. I've used a shotgun as both a counselor and Tommy Jarvis while Jason is stunned by Pamela's sweater. He never drops to his knees. 

*Killing Jason is unchanged* just isn't true at all. He is completely unkillable in rage mode, now. Not a fan at all of the Jason buff. He goes into rage mode way too early, and now he is completely unstoppable. When Jason is in rage mode, AT MINIMUM melee weapons should stun Jason while Pamela's sweater is activated. I've still yet to see his mask knocked off before he even goes into rage mode. He is essentially unkillable at all now, unless the entire lobby runs to the shack, grabs the sweater and goes to town on him, hoping he doesn't just run away until rage mode. 

If he’s not dropping to his knees, that’s likely a bug in the patch. The ability to kill Jason is still there, albeit harder to execute. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RockyMtnReaper said:

You do realize they just released a hot fix for the patch in the past couple of hours? Specifically to fix the issue of not being able to drop Jason to his knees for the kill. Have you tried it since then?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JackTV said:

If he’s not dropping to his knees, that’s likely a bug in the patch. The ability to kill Jason is still there, albeit harder to execute. 

Are you suggesting that this was unintentional on the part of the new patch? Hopefully true, and will be fixed soon...

11 hours ago, Treymaker said:

You do realize they just released a hot fix for the patch in the past couple of hours? Specifically to fix the issue of not being able to drop Jason to his knees for the kill. Have you tried it since then?

Have not tried it in the last 8 hours or so. I was under the impression this was part of the new patch, as opposed to an actual bug. 

3 minutes ago, RockyMtnReaper said:

A friend and I killed Jason twice yesterday but he wasn't in rage mode. We wouldn't let him get it.

Just now, prodigy5 said:

A friend and I killed Jason twice yesterday but he wasn't in rage mode. We wouldn't let him get it.

How do you not allow him to hit rage mode?

6 hours ago, Xenofon1313 said:

To step my game when he raging? By hitting him and regain stamina? How long? 1,2,3 hits and eventually i'm dead.  Kid, this is my opinion, you have yours. I think you are non skillful jason and you beg for this buff to kill all counselors in rage. Gongrats, 8/8 counselors. You made it! Don't tell me what to do boy..

Yes, step up your game. Not by hitting him, by adapting to the fact you can't late game. 

As for my skill level? I've been Jason a handful of times since the patch. Once in QP and once against a very objective based lobby, and guess what? I killed everybody prior to gaining rage. This new rage setup doesn't benefit me as often as it benefits the new player who is taking on players well above their level who decide to play beatstick instead of escaping. 

With that, I think you're likely a nonskilled counselor who can't escape or who would rather humiliate Jason rather than escape. Either way, up your game or die.

8 hours ago, Fair Play said:

These are very good observations.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, Sir Jack said:

He kinda managed to stun Jason in rage mode, it was probably a glitch

Jason still gets stuck in certain animations. He steps in a trap he has to break free, he takes a pocket knife in the neck, he has to pull it out. He also gets "stunned" when a hit knocks off his mask, rage or not. 

6 hours ago, Vanessaismymain said:

Telling people to go play something else is not the right way to act about this. 

It's all about intent. If you don't like a powerful Jason, maybe F13 isn't the best game for you?

6 hours ago, JackTV said:

Wow, so nobody uses cabins in this game...

Astounding.

You'd be surprised how often I still find cabin doors wide open. 

Another advantage to this patch is it rewards locking and laying bear traps down as those still slow Jason.

4 hours ago, XVXJokerXVX said:

I have seen people say "bout time , the bullying stops now" ? WHAT ? So let me get this Straight Jason can see the entire map , He knows where everything is. He can teleport, See in infrared , Magically hear his traps go off from a football field away, swim fast as a shark, be stealthy as a ninja, can kill counselors, and can only be "killed" by doing specific task by counselors , and you think he is not powerful enough? Jason in the hands of Experienced players will dominate completely. If not played by an experienced player then heh .. he kills a few new players themselves but to sit here and say he should be a god is crazy. The statement that look at the movies Jason don't get beat up like a pinata and should be a killing machine. guess what? give them people a prize because they are right .. but you know what else? THERE's also always a survivor. And having Jason in rage mode for the last half of the game has virtually stopped any new to novice players from escaping.  

And lil' weak Debra, in the hands of a skilled player can beat him down with a frying pan. Most of those things you mention like sense, morph and the like? They equal out the fact there are seven counselors. In a 7v1, the 1 gets the cool powers. Even with the new rage mechanic, I've seen many counselors get off the map. 

Jason in the hands of a smart player already dominates. This just helps the average player enjoy the game more. 

3 hours ago, Thisgameused2bfun said:

PLEASE SAVE FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!

PLEASE DO RIGHT BY ITS MANY FANS WHO LOVE IT AND FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY... THIS GAME DESERVES IT!!! 

They plan to hotfix the inability to kill Jason asap. 

Ohhh. You mean revert Jason back into a chump? Don't think that's happening. The game deserves a Jason who isn't a punk.

2 hours ago, JackTV said:

Well, not saying anything is wrong with it, per se. I just think it takes much more skill to grab. Anyone can pull a trigger. And honestly, the slash stops counselors in any animation they’re in. In addition, knives are rendered useless for defense. This was a problem I always had with a slash. Don’t get it twisted; I find the knife far more useful to disarm traps. I think using a knife for a grab defense is a waste, unless in very specific situations. 

I do kind of disagree with the slash/slasher thing though. Jason doesn’t slash in the game because F13 is slasher franchise; it’s just a pop term for a subgenre of horror films. The slasher genre and the act of slashing don’t go hand-in-hand. 

I don’t care how people play, I just admit, after all this time, I’m surprised experienced Jasons need it.

Maybe to make grabs more tempting, slashes shouldn't stop animations? That would allow people with health spray to last longer without the need to bully Jason as well.

2 hours ago, QueenOfIllusion said:

When Jason is in rage mode, nothing effects him except the Gun, sweater and bear traps. And there is still a huge chunk of time left before the match finishes and when this happens it renders any possible chances of survival useless. Since guns and the sweater are limited. As soon as he enters rage there is no fighting back and sometimes it takes more than 12 minutes to work together to get stuff done. Once the team is down and Jason is in rage you might as well stand there and accept defeat cause there is nothing you can do. 

Not exactly. If there are enough people alive once Jason hits rage, hope he leaves you until last, then you may run down the clock. 

Sometimes it does take more than 12 minutes to get stuff done. Generally a team working in tandem though? No. Communicate. It'll help you and your people do stuff faster.

1 hour ago, dmack621 said:

Anyone who bitches about this is straight up crying just to cry. I have implemented Jason AND Counselor buffs in this outline, all of which are fair.

Eh. Somebody disagrees with your most wise take and they do so just to cry? A bit self important are you?

1 hour ago, prodigy5 said:

I found that being beat up as Jason and beating him up myself extremely entertaining. It gave the experience that perfect addition of spice to keep me coming back for another ass whipping. And now its all changed. Oh, and speaking of keeping it "true" to the genre: Here's a little kicker for ya. Someone, at least one, always somehow managed to survive in every single one of the films. Chew on that one a while.

Get used to dying. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Risinggrave said:

Thanks.

No problem. Just giving credit where it's due.

• Like 1

Just now, RockyMtnReaper said:

How do you not allow him to hit rage mode?

hit him wit fox with an axe a few times using sucker punch and swift attacker. get a tiff to wait at the shack for tommy with stealth perks on.

5 minutes ago, RockyMtnReaper said:

Have not tried it in the last 8 hours or so. I was under the impression this was part of the new patch, as opposed to an actual bug. 

No this was not meant to be part of the patch. Once it is fixed (it may already be), you should be able to drop Jason to his knees with a shotgun while he is in rage mode. But I do believe it is shotgun only.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Treymaker said:

No this was not meant to be part of the patch. Once it is fixed (it may already be), you should be able to drop Jason to his knees with a shotgun while he is in rage mode. But I do believe it is shotgun only.

shouldn't be hard. Tommy spawns with one of those.

1 minute ago, Treymaker said:

I still think any melee weapon should bring him to his knees even in rage mode, but at least he's still killable.

I say its still better to fight him while you can. Hate all you want, but it can be what saves your ass.

7 minutes ago, prodigy5 said:

I say its still better to fight him while you can. Hate all you want, but it can be what saves your ass.

There will still be people fighting him even with the patch as it is.

32 minutes ago, RockyMtnReaper said:

Are you suggesting that this was unintentional on the part of the new patch? Hopefully true, and will be fixed soon...

Yessir. It’s been fixed.

• Thanks 1

There were already a lot of players who were skilled enough as Jason that they were essentially unkillable anyway. I noticed a massive wave of new players during the free month of October where everyone got the game for free. Not sure if that's why the new Jason buff came in, because so many new players just weren't good enough as Jason yet, but I thought it was perfect the way it was.

• Like 3

Bingo Rocky!!! October Free PS Month is EXACTLY why we got this "new buff!" And on a side note- funny how this game which is rated "Adult 18+" is NOW PLAYED BY SOO MANY KIDS AND UNDER 18 YEAR OLDS...Hmmmm I wonder why we got this "new buff????" Because you know tons of parents WEREN'T letting their CHILDREN PLAY THIS GAME BEFORE OCTOBER!!! The proof is all there guys! Just put the game please to the way it was or at least BRING BACK STUNNNNNNNNN!!!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RockyMtnReaper said:

There were already a lot of players who were skilled enough as Jason that they were essentially unkillable anyway. I noticed a massive wave of new players during the free month of October where everyone got the game for free. Not sure if that's why the new Jason buff came in, because so many new players just weren't good enough as Jason yet, but I thought it was perfect the way it was.

From my observations, there were players new and veteran alike that wanted a buff for Jason. We also have to keep in mind that the patch will get adjustments based on the feedback of the members here. How things are now won't necessarily be how things are a little down the road.

@Thisgameused2bfun, read through some of the older posts and you will see there have been a number of children playing this game for quite a while. Maybe the numbers have increased since October. The buff itself was tied to a number of complaints some from before October of last year, and some after October of last year. I know all parents don't monitor their kids playing this game. Some do, but not all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RockyMtnReaper said:

They messed up this kill Jason process in the patch but the devs said they are aware and working on it. 

10 hours ago, Thisgameused2bfun said:

Bingo Rocky!!! October Free PS Month is EXACTLY why we got this "new buff!" And on a side note- funny how this game which is rated "Adult 18+" is NOW PLAYED BY SOO MANY KIDS AND UNDER 18 YEAR OLDS...Hmmmm I wonder why we got this "new buff????" Because you know tons of parents WEREN'T letting their CHILDREN PLAY THIS GAME BEFORE OCTOBER!!! The proof is all there guys! Just put the game please to the way it was or at least BRING BACK STUNNNNNNNNN!!!

Now that’s a correct observation, ever since then kids are playing this game and the devs are answering to there cries. Don’t fix what isn’t broke. This game has had so many changes, and why are the counselors still aiming at each other in melee stance?

• Like 2

So I've heard they took the shotgun completely out of the equation to kill Jason in rage with the new quick fix and it's back to the normal way is this true?

Thanks for an update. Is there any talk of possibly adding the ability to change your spawn preference in the pre match lobby?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sfosterjr said:

Thanks for an update. Is there any talk of possibly adding the ability to change your spawn preference in the pre match lobby?

That’s something that should be able to do along time ago.

9 minutes ago, Greasemunkey75 said:

That’s something that should be able to do along time ago.

Oh i agree.

4 hours ago, Fair Play said:

@TRUxNOIR, stunning Jason is not the only way to regain stamina.

@Treymaker, I wanna say yes, but don't quote me on that.

@Vanessaismymain, as a community, we could pull together, if people wouldn't take their views to the extreme, and consider things from the perspective of others.

@Zodemere, it sounds like you have your head on straight in this game. Carry on.

@BeautyNumber2, on the bright side, you and I both know that every person here doesn't speak for every player not here.

@WildfireXR, what happened to your account?

3 hours ago, peter_brown said:

pro tip: git gud   you're welcome 😉

Lolz

Remove combat stance lock-on entirely for everyone. Jason will often lock on to one counselor thst proceeds to run away, but he's still locked on. Meanwhile another counselor is to the side of Jason and ready to strike the moment Jason leaves combat stance in order to re-target the other counselor.

Counselors targeting each other has always been complete ass as well.