Patch Notes - Friday the 13th: The Game - January 2019 Patch

HOTFIX:

• The kill process for Jason
  • UI Bug

This hotfix has been submitted and is rolling out to platforms as soon as possible.

INTERACTION LOCK - The team has fixed various interaction lock issues, including:

• Stumbling while dropping an item
  • Entering Combat Stance while swinging weapon

CONNECTIVITY AND CRASHES - Multiple connectivity/crash fixes including:

• Network Error after joining lobby in Quick Play
  • “Need Updated Client” error

ENVIRONMENT AND COLLISION

• Falling Animation Loop - Fixed various areas where players enter a falling animation and cannot continue, including:
  • Firewood Logs on Pinehurst Map
  • Cardboard Box on Packanack Map
  • Coffee Table in Jarvis House
  • Counselor Catch - Fixed various spots that could snag the counselors and make them unable to move, including:
  • Cemetery fence on the Crystal Lake map.
  • Safe Spots - Fixed various safe spots where the counselors are unreachable once entered, including:
  • The cemetery in Higgin’s Haven
  • Parking the car inside the barn on Pinehurst
  • Fixed an issue where an invisible collision would occur at the barn fence on Pinehurst, causing the car to shift vertically after restarting the car.
  • Fixed an exploit where counselors could use the car as a barricade at Jason’s shack, affecting several maps.
  • Fixed an issue where the counselors could control their directional axis while climbing through windows, allowing them to reach unplayable areas of the maps.
  • Fixed an issue where counselors are able to reach the rooftop of the Pinehurst Halfway House by escaping Jason's grab with a pocket knife.

USER INTERFACE

• Fixed an issue disabling the “More Emotes” button.
  • Fixed the Morph Cursor not showing on Xbox One.

BALANCING AND TUNING
Jason - Buffing Mother’s Special, Special Boy.

• Weapon Swing - Jason can now swing his equipped weapon to hit multiple targets at once. This will help Jason defend himself against bullies.
  • Stun - It is no longer possible to Stun Jason while he is in Rage Mode unless using a shotgun or Pamela’s sweater.
  • Rage Indicator will show on the minimap when Jason enters Rage Mode. 

Counselors - They should have been watching him.

• Tommy Jarvis - Players who kill themselves cannot come back as Tommy Jarvis. 

****Killing Jason is unchanged.****

• Like 16
  • Thanks 8

Looks good but what about the invisible wall under the stairs on Higgins Haven?

• Like 5

Nice. I look forward to trying out this new patch... and perhaps finding my last 2 Tommy tapes with the bonus event that @mattshotcha mentioned in the stream.

14 minutes ago, BigJay said:

I brought this up a few times on the chat. I was hoping it would have been resolved.

This is awesome! I can’t wait to see how the buff to Jason plays out! Thank you!

Sweet, a harder to kill is a much more fun Jason to try and kill.

@mattshotcha @ShiftySamurai @wes I want to say the stream was awesome guys. That type of community interaction is something a lot of people have inquired about a while. I hope it gets people interested in this game again. 

As for the patch, it should make gameplay more challenging again. Bring that fear of Jason back that we missed all too much.

I hope you guys get to bottom of the car collission issue and players falling under the map, especially on Packanack small. 

• Like 5

Jason hitting more than one person with a swing was always a thing in the game. Is that part of the patch notes just not worded right or what?

I would still like to know if your working on not being able to add friends to a lobby that is in session. On Xbox if your in a party and try to add a friend to the lobby your in they are unable to join. 

33 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Any eta on the patch drop tomorrow?

Evening? Morning? Afternoon?

They roll out at different times depending on platform. 

27 minutes ago, BigJay said:

12 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I brought this up a few times on the chat. I was hoping it would have been resolved.

We're looking into it, but it may end up being a necessary blocker. I'm new, and I think it's a fix to a breachable spot.

23 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Nice. I look forward to trying out this new patch... and perhaps finding my last 2 Tommy tapes with the bonus event that @mattshotcha mentioned in the stream.

YES! Confirmed, double XP and tapes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

W're looking into it, but it may end up being a necessary blocker. I'm new, and I think it's a fix to a breachable spot.

That makes sense. Not being able to go under the stairs creates a chase loop with Jason. With any of the stamina counselors, you can almost infinitely loop Jason around the stairs and the radio. Unlike looping around the long tables in cabins, it's too difficult for Jason to successfully shift in that area.

So once again weapons swinging through Jason's body is overlooked? 8-9 out of 10 times I try to hit a counselor out of Jason's grab, literally within an inch of both Jason and the counselor, I swing using a baseball bat, plank or pipe and the weapon goes right through his body and does nothing. I have brought this up towards the twitter support page three times on different occasions and have never ever received a response to such an immersion breaking issue.

7 minutes ago, Vagabond Departe said:

So once again weapons swinging through Jason's body is overlooked? 8-9 out of 10 times I try to hit a counselor out of Jason's grab, literally within an inch of both Jason and the counselor, I swing using a baseball bat, plank or pipe and the weapon goes right through his body and does nothing. I have brought this up towards the twitter support page three times on different occasions and have never ever received a response to such an immersion breaking issue.

That wouldn't happen to be while he's pulling the counsellor out of a car, would it? Because I think that's intentional.

21 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

We're looking into it, but it may end up being a necessary blocker. I'm new, and I think it's a fix to a breachable spot.

I seem to recall that blocker was added in a patch last year, so I'm pretty sure it's necessary.

23 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Okay, I understand that can be a blocker for Jason looping. I just don't like it when I'm Jason and I shift into the house and I get stuck in that particular spot when I'm chasing someone who ran into the house. 

21 minutes ago, Cheex said:

That wouldn't happen to be while he's pulling the counsellor out of a car, would it? Because I think that's intentional.

I seem to recall that blocker was added in a patch last year, so I'm pretty sure it's necessary.

It's not necessarily only when Jason pulls someone out of the car into grab stance. I'm talking in general when he grabs someone. I see someone get grabbed on ground and it doesn't matter what weapons I use, I will swing right through Jason's body no matter how close I am or what side I'm attacking him from. It doesn't always swing through his body but like I said previously, although slight but not far off exaggeration, 8-9 out of 10 times my weapons swing through Jason. Even with Swift Attacker on! 

I have so many 10-20 second recordings of it happening in both private and public matches. There is something wrong with the hit detection because I have legitamitely had a friend playing as Jason grab another friend, and stand still while the counselor is being choked and I try almost every weapon in the game to disconnect the grab and weapons will go right through him a lot of the time.

Counselors should always be able to hit Jason out of choking another counselor when the surrounding counselors are literally swinging a centimeter apart from Jason's back and his left and right sides. 

• Like 1

As a backer who still plays this game, and still remembers how fun it was to be Jason before the series of nerfs(almost every single patch)  I welcome any change forward , not being able to,stun Jason in rage is going to help Jason the most, although it would have been nice for the counselors to find out the hard way, regardless I’ll take it. Thanks for the work, I’m looking forward to seeing how it works out tomorrow .

1 hour ago, Vagabond Departe said:

It's not necessarily only when Jason pulls someone out of the car into grab stance. I'm talking in general when he grabs someone. I see someone get grabbed on ground and it doesn't matter what weapons I use, I will swing right through Jason's body no matter how close I am or what side I'm attacking him from. It doesn't always swing through his body but like I said previously, although slight but not far off exaggeration, 8-9 out of 10 times my weapons swing through Jason. Even with Swift Attacker on! 

I have so many 10-20 second recordings of it happening in both private and public matches. There is something wrong with the hit detection because I have legitamitely had a friend playing as Jason grab another friend, and stand still while the counselor is being choked and I try almost every weapon in the game to disconnect the grab and weapons will go right through him a lot of the time.

Hit detection is and always has been aweful for Jason , while counselors don’t even have to swing in Jason’s direction and still stun him, your complant about not being able to hit Jason will fall on deaf ears because 99.9% Counselors have much better hit detection on Jason , it’s always been that way.

• Like 2

Dude that's literally not true especially on Xbox. So many times on Xbox my hits have gone straight through Jason even when he isn't grabbing people and it's ridiculous. Hit detection needs to be fixed especially when playing as counselors especially with this new no stun after rage mechanic

57 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

Hit detection is and always has been aweful for Jason , while counselors don’t even have to swing in Jason’s direction and still stun him, your complant about not being able to hit Jason will fall on deaf ears because 99.9% Counselors have much better hit detection on Jason , it’s always been that way.

Dude that's literally not true especially on Xbox. So many times on Xbox my hits have gone straight through Jason even when he isn't grabbing people and it's ridiculous. Hit detection needs to be fixed especially when playing as counselors especially with this new no stun after rage mechanic

• Like 2

Sorry but I don't think it's satisfactory when a counselor is literally so close to Jason, an inch apart from Jason, and when a swing is performed it visibly goes through his entire anatomy when it should definitely be a hit. It doesn't matter if it's been ongoing, I know it's been like this and I am sick and tired of it. Why should someone die when I am trying to save them and it always effectively looks like the victim should've been freed after I was right next to Jason? It's not right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:
  • Stun - It is no longer possible to Stun Jason while he is in Rage Mode unless using a shotgun or Pamela’s sweater.
  • Rage Indicator will show on the minimap when Jason enters Rage Mode. 

This could potentially be game breaking especially for Jason's like savini, part 3 part 4 etc. This mechanic could be completely abused by Jason's who do nothing but slash as counselors no longer have a defense against them. If a counselor runs out of stamina while Jason has rage there's practically no longer a way to escape. Combine this with the awful swing hit detection and it just makes the game less enjoyable now, especially as counselors

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

This definetly could be good and bad, what are we gonna do now with the already big amount of players who leave a match as soon as they don't get Jason that round? theirs gonna be 10x more....

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

• “Need Updated Client” error

This is the the info I needed to hear. Thank you, hope it's over.

Otherwise, the patch is looking good. Thanks again.