Have any of you muchachos bought it or are thinking of getting it?

I LOVED the original RE2 (and games 1, DC, 2, 3, 4, RE1 remake and 7) and bought it yesterday, it is fantastic in my opinion really surpassed my expectations from it in terms of graphics, gameplay and ambiance.

I came into it thinking I was getting a straight replay of the original but I was dead wrong. There are differences to the places you visit, when you visit it and a few boss battles.

There is a surprising amount of  fear of getting chased room to room from the Tyrant/zombies BUT as with F13 you get used to something chasing you like Mr Voorhees. 

I have played up until the NEST so I intend with my day off today to fully carry on and complete Leon’s game.

Thoughts, opinions, likes, dislikes?

I’ve never played any of them before, i might look into it and decide whether to try them 

Look fantastic, and I’m not talking about Tommy’s chin. Glad RE is going back to its roots so to speak, lol.

It's quite frankly an incredible game and is one of my new favorite survival horrors ever :) I've played the hell out of it in the last week or so and have already got the infinite knife, infinite X, infinite Y and infinite Z (not mentioning what they are as they're spoilers, but there's 3 special infinite weapons besides the knife).

Not sure what to do now so I'm waiting for the Ghost Survivors DLC to arrive :)

RE2 was one of the first horror games I got hooked on when I was a kid. One of my all time favorites. I played the demo and really am pumped to get this game. But I'm cheap😂 and have like 200 games in my library and only have played maybe a handful the last few years. Ill prob wait a bit til its on sale(yes i said im cheap😀) and snatch it up and have some fun reminiscing about the old RE2 days..

• Like 1

@Kodiak It’s genuinely good and does bring back a lot of horror to the franchise plus it’s good to go back to zombies. I’ve only unlocked the first infinite weapon after my first S rank playthrough. I’ve seen the others and want them badly, Im playing through the tofu set which is actually really fun. Along with the 4th Survivor time trial.

The ghost survivors DLC being mentioned here and there is a fantastic idea, getting to play as Kendo, Katherine and a few others adds a new twist to things.

Just seen a guy on YouTube speed run it in 59 minutes and 56 seconds I think it was? Thats insane!

@badassgixxer05 it’s the first game I’ve bought in sometime and thoroughly loved the original  RE2 which scared me as a child and now playing the remake which scares me as an adult is a phenomenal feeling.

Back in 98 i remember getting a US pirate copy  of RE 2 to play on my newly chipped ps1 at the time. Even had to get my dad to buy a new TV as it was all scrambled because of the ntsc format. It was released about 4/5 months later in the UK as I recall, because friends thought I was bullshit ting that I already had it. 

Of course I was young and I never pirate things now :) 

I will buy this soo, be great to revisit. 

Damn @Kodiak! Did your S+ runs already??

RE2 is amazing. This was the type of remake I was looking for with RE:Directors Cut.

The combat and cameras are much improved. The station feels new, yet the same. Its a fantastic remake. 

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:30 PM, TheHansonGoons said:

Damn @Kodiak! Did your S+ runs already??

RE2 is amazing. This was the type of remake I was looking for with RE:Directors Cut.

The combat and cameras are much improved. The station feels new, yet the same. Its a fantastic remake. 

Ya its awesome..