xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

1 hour ago, Thunder said:

The game is made for you to adapt to different situations. I'm not trolling or trying to get you mad, but what you have described can be counted.

1: Vanessa is countered if you know how to do it correctly. She is designed to try to draw your attention away from stealthy, slow repair characters, you should save her to last. If it's a case of lobbies filled with a lot of Vanessa's, then you can easily kill them. if they jump through windows, hit them with a throwing knife, and smash windows so they will take damage if they climb through, regardless of their thick skinned, medic perks, they will eventually get hurt and if you're in rage, it will put more pressure on them, you just need to be smart about it. 

2: Again as above, medic will help with the double spray but the more you use your weapons to their ability i.e throwing knifes, it will eventually wear them down, there's a ton of them around the map and a lot with Part 5 and Part 6 Jason's. I like to wear them down and keep pressure on them, eventually they will succumb to the pressure.. Heavy hitter is easy in that you don't get baited into being hit. I like to do the old 360 when they try to hit you or keep going after them until they lose stamina and try to get that stamina recharge bonus stun, it's all about being switched on and alert for when they try to stun you. 

3: If you miss the grab then that is a skill error because you were baited or missed the grab. It's the same thing if a counselor tries to aimlessly swing at you and misses, Jason will grab you and kill you. A lot of players will bait you by pretending to run up to you as if they're trying to hit you, then back out to see if the Jason players try to reach which they miss and then get stunned. It's all about outplaying the counselors. 

It sounds like you were one of those Jason players who used to abuse the old grab animation of being able to reach non stop and do the old 360 quick grab that you can't do anymore. Stunning Jason is part of the game, that's why you have characters like Buggzy, Adam, Fox, Shelly, to protect the stealthy repair characters, with this new patch, Players like Buggzy will be useless because in rage, he won't be able to stun and trust me even with his athletic stats, his stamina depletes quickly and without being able to stun Jason, he serves no purpose and in rage, Jason can see everything so what happens if a really good Jason traps the phone, car, boat etc and people can't repair that because he morphs on them whenever the set a trap off? Those slow characters will be destroyed straight away and will make even more players rage quit. They made the stun time on Jason a lot quicker to snap out of it, i remember when sometimes it would take over 10 seconds to come out of a stun. It's obvious that you agree with this new patch because you're not able to kill Vanessa's and are juked around till the end of the game. Sounds like a lot of people who can't learn how to counter something, so they want the devs to patch things to make it easier, rather then adapt and learn how to counter something. While i agree that Vanessa's shouldn't be just trying to survive the 20 minutes (most lvl 150 players who think their op do it) the whole rage thing is way to OP for Jason and trust me, i prefer to play Jason and i mainly play Adam, Tiffany, Eric and then others if i'm with friends for a laugh. And you can also get into lobbies with people who are new and have no idea what they're doing or players who team up with Jason, so that will be fun when he gets rage and you can't do anything about it. I'd rather the door stun when you walk through as opposed to the stupid stun through windows stun through an locked door thing that used to be in the game (you can still stun Jason if his close enough to  a window though). 

LOL. I’m a level 150 player that has been playing since the game launched. I have every badge, tape, and trophy except for Ph. D in Murder, because I haven’t tried to get it yet. I’m telling you all this not to brag, but just to give you an idea of how many hours I’ve logged in the game. I would classify myself as a very high level player. I’m not some newbie mad because they can’t kill anyone as Jason. 

Being able to “bait” the grab and stun Jason isn’t a sign of skill. It was just taking advantage of a broken grab mechanic. Believe me, I’ve been on both sides of it. And I can tell you, a high level Vanessa, that can kite and bait grabs and run the perks I mentioned before, is going to get the best of a high level Jason player most of the time. And if you are a walking Jason, lol, forget about it. I’ve witnessed high level Jason’s chase high level Vanessa’s for 8 straight minutes. Getting kited and bait stunned.  

The whole point is that people should not be tracking Jason down to kite and stun him. They should not be passing up opportunities to escape by the cops or in a vehicle, because they want to troll Jason, waste everyone else’s time, and run out the timer. They should be running away trying to escape if possible. Engaging Jason as an absolute last resort. These changes will get the game closer to that point.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I will take all the baseball shots, all the wrench shots, all the pot shots, all the 2x4 shots, all the frying pan shots at the beginning of a match now just to completely mess with everyone while under rage.  

Good luck counselors, you're all even more dead than before.

Jason is back to OP. 

• Like 1

lol of course they fucked up...

Issues:

1. Jason can still get on any roof
  2. Hacks like infinite shift and instant break free are NOT fixed (they didn't even bother changing the encryption key)
  3. Jason CANNOT be killed in rage

Clarification for issue 3: Shotgun has NEVER brought him to his knees which they didn't notice and now he cannot be killed when rage is active.

This just keeps getting better and better lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Yep i expect the rage quitting to drastically go up once people learn they can't fight off Jason after he goes into rage mode. Rage quitting has already been a problem but now it will be an even bigger problem. It's going to hurt the game more than help trust me on this one.

Yep, unless you have a full lobby of friends (which can be hard these days seeing how majority of fan base have moved on to other games) People rage quit when killed and now most will leave when Jason gets rage because they will not be able to defend themselves. Being tunneled by Jason was hard if he was in rage, now with him being unfazed by melee attacks in rage will be quite the challenge that i don't see majority of players wanting to stay and try to succeed. 

• Like 1

@mattshotcha did you know Jason can't be killed in rage mode now? Absolutely nothing will drop him to his knees in rage. So now all the Jason teamers have to do is beat the hell out of Jason until he rages and they're invincible...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

LOL. I’m a level 150 player that had been playing since the game launched. I have every badge, tape, and trophy except for Ph. D in Murder, because I haven’t tried to get it yet. I’m telling you all this not to brag, but just to give you an idea of how many hours I’ve logged in the game. I would classify myself as a very high level player. I’m not some newbie mad because they can’t kill anyone as Jason. 

Being able to “bait” the grab and stun Jason isn’t a sign of skill. It was just taking advantage of a broken grab mechanic. Believe me, I’ve been on both sides of it. And I can tell you, a high level Vanessa, that can kite and bait grabs and run the perks I mentioned before, is going to get the best of a high level Jason player most of the time.  I’ve been on both sides of it. And if you are a walking Jason, lol, forget it about it. I’ve witness high level Jason’s chase high level Vanessa’s for 8 straight minutes. Getting kited and bait stunned.  

The whole point is that people should not be tracking Jason down to kite and stun him. They should not be passing up opportunities to escape by the cops or in a vehicle, because they want to troll Jason, waste everyone else’s time, and run out the timer. They should be running away trying to escape if possible. Engaging Jason as an absolute last resort. These changes will get the game closer to that point.  

I'm in the same boat as you dude, lvl 150, have everything except for The Final Chapter which is on 95% and PHD is only 86%. In fact this game is what got me into playing online games as i used to play Offline games because i never liked playing online. I never said you were a bad player, i have no doubt with the level of progress you have achieved, that you have a wide range of knowledge about the game, and i also never said you couldn't kill anyone, my point was that it sounds like you can't kill the typical lvl 150 "hey im going to juke you Vanessa player with medic, marathon and thick skinned perks". Trust me those players are annoying to try to kill but we didn't need this nerf to kill them, as i said, there are loads of ways to deal with those type of players. 

It's outplaying the Jason. Most high leveled Jason won't be sucked into it, they'll walk or run backwards instead of going for a bait grab. i've played against a lot of 150 lvl Vanessa's and the thing that always helps me is to either shift grab them which can be hard but if you're in rage you get it back pretty quick more so for walking Jasons like Savini, Part 6 and Part 9, and you can keep doing it and it will burn their stamina down. Walking Jason's have it harder of course, but like i said, unless you're Part 7, the rest have their advantages. Part 6 has strong shift, so it can recharge quick, pretty quick in rage, and has extended weapon range and can break doors down quick in combat stance. Part 8 has destruction and no weak shift, Part 9 Strong shift and stalk so you can sneak up on them, and Savini is op with his destruction and strong shift, so if you're a pretty good Jason as i'm sure you are. You can use those abilities to your advantage. 

I agree with you that the aim of the game is to escape and surviving the 20 minutes should be a last resort but as i said, sometimes there's games where things just don't get fixed for whatever reason. So it's like if you have low stamina characters, they won't stand a chance because they can't stun Jason with a melee weapon. One could argue, well don't try to fight him, get stuff down and escape. it's a good point, but how many of those games have you had where Jason morphs onto you first time in the game and he tunnels you the whole game? I had one a few hours ago on crystal lake small where a Jason morphed on me at a random house because i was playing Tiffany and he saw the little blip on the map and kept tunneling me while the rest of the players got the phone repaired, got the 4 seater started, and he tunneled me for 10 minutes, and i stunned him so many times and had him walk into traps, that he got rage and the way i was able to survive was stunning him. I wasn't juking him because i had literally spawned into the game and he came straight after and let people get other stuff down. Now, if i played it with the new patch, i would've been dead and with the new patch, i'd have to try to avoid stunning him as much as i  could so his rage doesn't fill up but sometimes you have to in order to stay alive. I will say though if you have rage, you can always break the door down as if you don't have rage, and wait for them to try to stun you once the door is broken, and then as the hit you, grab them because obviously in rage, you can't get stunned. kind of a nice way to outfox them. 

2 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Easier how?

I was going to say easier because hits that don't stun Jason do more damage therefore it'll be easier to get the mask off. But considering he can't be killed in rage mode now I take that back

37 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

LOL. I’m a level 150 player that has been playing since the game launched. I have every badge, tape, and trophy except for Ph. D in Murder, because I haven’t tried to get it yet. I’m telling you all this not to brag, but just to give you an idea of how many hours I’ve logged in the game. I would classify myself as a very high level player. I’m not some newbie mad because they can’t kill anyone as Jason. 

Being able to “bait” the grab and stun Jason isn’t a sign of skill. It was just taking advantage of a broken grab mechanic. Believe me, I’ve been on both sides of it. And I can tell you, a high level Vanessa, that can kite and bait grabs and run the perks I mentioned before, is going to get the best of a high level Jason player most of the time. And if you are a walking Jason, lol, forget about it. I’ve witnessed high level Jason’s chase high level Vanessa’s for 8 straight minutes. Getting kited and bait stunned.  

First of all if you can't beat Vanessa in 1 v 1 with Jason you may need to improve your combat skills. Jason wins 1v1 at the same level of skill, it simply turns away when slashing faster than any counselor. This is a fact. I literally ONLY fight Jason, and Jason has plenty of ways to defeat someone 1v1.

Second: you are expressing your vision of the gam like THE TRUTH. I respect your opinion, but within the rules, anybody can have a different vision of the game.

From my perspective of a player who likes to fight Jason in any way shape or form, this patch is the end of the game because it removes combat for a large part of the match.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

@mattshotcha did you know Jason can't be killed in rage mode now? Absolutely nothing will drop him to his knees in rage. 

This patch is getting better already.

The Jason hunter gravy train just ran out of tracks..lol

11 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

First of all if you can't beat Vanessa in 1 v 1 with Jason you may need to improve your combat skills.

Well maybe if they didn't nerf Jasons grab radius and speed while breaking his block in the engine upgrade patch. Jason wouldn't need combat skills.

Hes supposed to be Jason.. not the Shredder.  

Counselors should be trying to escape.. not trying to fight him.   

• Like 3

11 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Well maybe if they didn't nerf Jasons grab radius and speed while breaking his block in the engine upgrade patch. Jason wouldn't need combat skills.

Hes supposed to be Jason.. not the Shredder.  

Counselors should be trying to escape.. not trying to fight him.   

who says so? I have been fighting Jason since week 1 when people said he was op, I always had a chance now I don't.

If I have better combat skills and better timing, which is stuff that I had spent time training, I should be able to use it.

If I wanted an invicible killer I would have played DBD, right now this game is unplayable for what I like

11 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

First match as Jason with the new patch. Killed the entire lobby before hitting rage mode. I guess I will have to try softer. ;)

that's because a good Jason never needed to be invincible to win. GG to you :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

who says so? I have been fighting Jason since week 1 when people said he was op, I always had a chance now I don't.

If I have better combat skills and better timing, which is stuff that I had spent time training, I should be able to use it.

If I wanted an invicible killer I would have played DBD, right now this game is unplayable for what I like

With all due respect, you’ve been playing the game in a way that the developers did not intend. Now they have fixed the game so players can no longer play that way. To me it’s no different than fixing glitches. It’s getting rid of aspects of the game that the developers never intended nor wanted in the game. So yeah now have a choice to make, adjust your style to play as the developers intended or quit playing the game. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

@mattshotcha did you know Jason can't be killed in rage mode now? Absolutely nothing will drop him to his knees in rage. So now all the Jason teamers have to do is beat the hell out of Jason until he rages and they're invincible...

The team is investigating and we'll get back to you guys on this as soon as possible.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I was wondering how that was going to work, thanks for testing.

1 minute ago, Treymaker said:

With all due respect, you’ve been playing the game in a way that the developers did not intend. Now they have fixed the game so players can no longer play that way. To me it’s no different than fixing glitches. It’s getting rid of aspects of the game that the developers never intended nor wanted in the game. So yeah now have a choice to make, adjust your style to play as the developers intended or quit playing the game. 

I don't think that's true Trey, they put weapons in the game so you could fight back. The fact that I learnt how to outfight most Jason is just my merit. It is perfectly legal and fair to fight back considering you have weapons. Also a Jason with my same level of skill will always win in 1v1 because it is simply better as a fighter than any counselor.

This has been true for me since week 1, Jason may have been stronger but I had a chance, now I don't.

I must say I agree with your last sentence, I will try the game out for 2-3 days and then decide what to do, at the moment Jason IS NOT KILLABLE at all, we tried all weapons..

Ok not being able to kill him AT ALL while he is in rage I do not agree with. But I have to assume that is a screw up and not what they meant to do. But it could very well be that when they fix it, only a shotgun can drop him to his knees for the kill. 

And as far as you saying “they put weapons in the game so you can fight back.”  I think you only said half of what you should have said. “They put weapons in the game so you can fight back... AS A LAST RESORT, IF ESCAPE OR AVOIDANCE IS NOT POSSIBLE.”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I don't think that's true Trey, they put weapons in the game so you could fight back. The fact that I learnt how to outfight most Jason is just my merit. It is perfectly legal and fair to fight back considering you have weapons. Also a Jason with my same level of skill will always win in 1v1 because it is simply better as a fighter than any counselor.

This has been true for me since week 1, Jason may have been stronger but I had a chance, now I don't.

I must say I agree with your last sentence, I will try the game out for 2-3 days and then decide what to do, at the moment Jason IS NOT KILLABLE at all, we tried all weapons..

He’s been given a reprieve, take the time to perfect the other aspects of the game. See this as a challenge, not the end of your fun or you can still kill him before rage, you could just do that if it’s the only part you want to do.

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

He’s been given a reprieve, take the time to perfect the other aspects of the game. See this as a challenge, not the end of your fun or you can still kill him before rage, you could just do that if it’s the only part you want to do.

I understand your point and I have been playing since the first week. I have already played repair or stealthy characters and after thousands of game I found lots of fun in fighting Jason, always respectful , I don't make fun of Jason, I don't give him names or anything. I just enjoy fighting Jason right now. 

Keep in mind I wouldn't be concerned to have a stronger Jason, more like it was on launch day, as long as I have a chance to fight back but this part has just removed the combat part of the game for half match, I don't find this good at all and I hope it is going to be patched and addressed right away

10 hours ago, Treymaker said:

Ok not being able to kill him AT ALL while he is in rage I do not agree with. But I have to assume that is a screw up and not what they meant to do. But it could very well be that when they fix it, only a shotgun can drop him to his knees for the kill. 

And as far as you saying “they put weapons in the game so you can fight back.”  I think you only said half of what you should have said. “They put weapons in the game so you can fight back... AS A LAST RESORT, IF ESCAPE OR AVOIDANCE IS NOT POSSIBLE.”

I hope it is a mistake as right now neither Tommy nor another counsellor can drop Jason to his knees.

As for your second sentence: Jason is not almighty he was beaten by a young Tommy who deceived him, Roy was defeated by the combined effort of Tommy and the other protagonists. This is quite similar to what I do, it took me  A LOT of time to learn how to time a perfect Jason strike, you trick Jason and you punish him, it doesn't seem too odd if we use the films as Canon at least until part 6 where Jason becomes a monster.

I have never complained about Jason being strong, I fought Jason (and lost many times) since the beginning of the game BUT now this part of the game has been removed, that is too much. Make Jason strong, I don't care but give me the chance to fight him.

As for killing him before rage, most of the time removing the mask may trigger rage.

We tried with Tommy plus 25% axe damage and +19% damage potent ranger and bugsy with 5% friendship buff with 4 counsellors around (so +20% damage) and we always had Jason raging when the mask was removed... how is it ok?

10 hours ago, DasMurich said:

Run Buggsy with Thrashed. Amp up his weapon damage and you'll have his mask off fast, without him being enraged.

we just tried, so far it didn't work

35 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

The team is investigating and we'll get back to you guys on this as soon as possible.

You guys messed up with this patch. Please fix this rage mode invincibility before the player base dwindles down drastically! There's literally no point in playing if there's no way to survive once he's in rage mode. All you guys needed to do was bring back body blocking and make his swing more powerful once he enters rage mode that would have been the perfect solution to balancing the game. Now it's way too one sided on Jason's side. I don't even feel like there's any real challenge anymore playing as Jason as i know it will be too easy to clear a room with ease especially once i enter rage mode.

3 hours ago, Treymaker said:

Also, Jason being able to be stunned when walking through doors was always one of the cheapest aspects of the game, so good riddance to that as well.  

SHIT. I didn't put 2-and-2 together about this one when the change to rage was announced, but you're absolutely correct...getting stunned after crashing through the door is finally kaput now. LOL, I love it!

Really, the only people who are going to whine about Jason's new stun resistance when in Rage mode are trolls, any who cares what they say? By the time Jason's raging, you should already be well on your way to escaping or forming a legit kill posse...that is, if you're playing the game like it's supposed to be played and not just fucking around for lulz. If you're not playing seriously by the mid-point of the match you deserve to have Jason stomp your fucking guts out. I'm 100% on-board with this change.

1 minute ago, DasMurich said:

Run Buggsy with Thrashed. Amp up his weapon damage and you'll have his mask off fast, without him being enraged.

A 3-4 member kill squad is gonna be screwed.

One has to be Buggsy with Thrasher, has to find an axe, has to be the only person to hit Jason.  

Two of them have to be Vanessa because they're gonna be forced to book it to the shack at the start of the match to grab the sweater.  Two different locations each map, so they have to go separate ways to find it.

Then you have to hope Jason doesn't find randoms first who put traps down, hit Jason with baseball bats/frying pans/wrenches/etc..

Buggsy definitely has to let Jason kill him after the demasking and the Vanessa who doesn't find the sweater has to let Jason kill her so one of them is Tommy...all the while hoping no one else is around hitting Jason while he's either grabbing you or slashing you to death.  Oh yeah, don't pick up a PK either because that could screw it all up.  Or if it's a 4 squad, the other person has to find Jason and allow him to kill him/her. 

And you still have to kill Jason within the first 10 minutes of the match while checking all of the above boxes.  

Good luck! 

7 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

we just tried, so far it didn't work

In which way? You can't get his mask off without him going in to rage?

If you're experimenting, try it against different Jasons as well. 

On a side note, I'm kind of perplexed on how distraught people are that they can't kill Jason. Yes, the devs need to fix it but honestly only kinda. Killing Jason was supposed to be a rare and difficult thing. It seems players have gotten in to the mindset that it's the way to win. It's been too easy and I think this outrage is a bit of the fruit of that.