xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

13 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I might as well ask now, is it known when the patch Drops?

We won’t know till it happens, different times for all three platforms. PC will probably get it first thought, then PS4 and finally the Xbox crowd, at least if it follows the normal pattern for patch drops.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

No suicide Tommy, that's awesome. Cowards can't be a hero. And all the changes to rage will help this become the experience it was at the start. Glad i've always gone for escape options. Looking forward to this patch, and to the new challenges. Good J players are gonna be beasts now, great ones will envoke nightmares.

Yeah I jumped up and down with joy when I read that. The only time I suicide is on purpose...Jason teamers....counselors not doing anything etc. I DON'T want to return as Tommy when I do so. Now I don't have to worry about it. Makes me happy. 

• Like 1

i love jason buffs, in fact those changes exceeded my expectations. now jason with rage will evoke proper respect with his stun immunity. if this patch wont introduce new bugs and will fix matchmaking i will be playing f13 for months. cant wait to try it out.

3 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Damn this sounds like a bad idea. How is the lone survivor suppose to survive until the end of the match now? This means we can't stun him through the doors anymore when he rages through them. If you're out in the open and need to regain stamina while he's chasing you and you try to stun him most likely he'll grab and kill you now. Shift grabbing will be alot easier to do now seeing as the firecrackers can't stun him any longer while in rage. In order to balance this out they should have at least increased the amount of pocket knives again. All they really had to do to buff Jason was to bring back body blocking and make the swing hit multiple people but only in rage mode. In another words make the swing stronger in rage mode. That would have been a fair compromise.

I agree with this 100%. I think it is going to kill any final chase, which really, even if we talk movies, is a central piece of the experience. I think they will have made a slight misjudgment and will probably have to rethink it. We will see. The patch didn't drop on PS4 yet.

I’m excited for this and very interested to see how this effects the meta.  I feel that this  is going to make sense avoidance and sound ping reducing perks more valuable. We’re probably going to also see the smarter characters getting priority or the resourcing draining Chad and Vanessa’s.

For all of you complainers who are saying, “we can’t win!”, “This isn’t fair...”... all this does is emphasise the intent of the original design, “counselors are weak,  and you should be working to escape.”   Not bully the mean man who’s ruining our summer break. 

1 hour ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I agree with this 100%. I think it is going to kill any final chase, which really, even if we talk movies, is a central piece of the experience. I think they will have made a slight misjudgment and will probably have to rethink it. We will see. The patch didn't drop on PS4 yet.

I disagree the “movie chase” ends with the final girl doing something to kill/incapacitate Jason.  That can’t achieved in game because of the way the sweater mechanics work .  

I’m game, The final chase is anticlimactic and trolls can just use it to unnecessarily drag the match out against inexperienced Jason’s.  

Being the last one alive usually doesn’t mean you’re going to live. Weapons always breaks, knives and sprays always run out. Usually all it takes is smart use off stalk, knives and correctly  capitalizing on the mistake the counselor makes to chip away their resources. 

However, maybe  the balance would be to make Jason killable by only the sweater girl if everyone else is dead.   Jason can’t be stunned so he has to use stalk to sneak up and go for the grab, a mistimed grabbed would kill and he would have to be wary of the pocket knives/gun shot causing him to get stunned.  Jason can has traps to discourage thieves from going into his shack.  Both add to the risk/reward system the game is built on.  And it leads to a tense showdown between the last players.  Also notice I said everyone has to be dead, if someone escapes than he shouldn’t be killable in this scenario because it encourages people not to do certain objectives

If Jason doesn’t want to die, he can choose to to let them escape or hide until the time runs out. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, shodan said:

I disagree the “movie chase” ends with the final girl doing something to kill/incapacitate Jason.  That can’t achieved in game because of the way the sweater mechanics work .  

I’m game, The final chase is anticlimactic and trolls can just use it to unnecessarily drag the match out against inexperienced Jason’s.  

Being the last one alive usually doesn’t mean you’re going to live. Weapons always breaks, knives and sprays always run out. Usually all it takes is smart use off stalk, knives and correctly  capitalizing on the mistake the counselor makes to chip away their resources. 

However, maybe  the balance would be to make Jason killable by only the sweater girl if everyone else is dead.   Jason can’t be stunned so he has to use stalk to sneak up and go for the grab, a mistimed grabbed would kill and he would have to be wary of the pocket knives/gun shot causing him to get stunned.  Jason can has traps to discourage thieves from going into his shack.  Both add to the risk/reward system the game is built on.  And it leads to a tense showdown between the last players.  Also notice I said everyone has to be dead, if someone escapes than he shouldn’t be killable in this scenario because it encourages people not to do certain objectives

If Jason doesn’t want to die, he can choose to to let them escape or hide until the time runs out. 

No one escaping to kill him is an interesting thought. I thought for a while now that having Jason's mask should be a requirement for a female counselor to pick up the sweater. It would make things a little more difficult. To me, they should have just lessened the chance of s stun in rage mode instead of dropping them altogether. The meta will change. Trolls will seek out shot guns, waste them, then just keep hitting and trapping Jason over and over to get rage mode early. One way or the other trolls will find a way. They just need to find a good balance and stick with it. Screw the trolls. They will get bored and drop the game eventually.

4 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Damn this sounds like a bad idea. How is the lone survivor suppose to survive until the end of the match now?

The lone survivor will be the one that positions themselves to get out once the police arrive, or they'll be the one that takes off in the car or boat while Jason is busy, before he's enraged. 

Counselors will still survive. Maybe not all, maybe not every single match, but that's pretty much how it already is. Play smart and you'll do okay.

4 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

looks like I’m switching it back to NoS.

Hopefully what they'll address next is rebalancing perks and focus on those that would benefit not engaging Jason just as this patch is intended to punish those that chose the pinata game over the objectives. 

2 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Hopefully what they'll address next is rebalancing perks and focus on those that would benefit not engaging Jason just as this patch is intended to punish those that chose the pinata game over the objectives. 

Hopefully... I’m a little worried about the perks being only adjusted in the scaling by level way and not being looked at directly. On the plus side though, we’re getting a patch and it seems to be moving the needle the right way. 

9 minutes ago, shodan said:

There's a couple of things they could tweak with the sweater:
1) Make it transferrable, where you can drop it and pick it up like an item or weapons. Or after the sweater girl is killed it falls to the ground and can be picked up by another female character.
2) Give it an extra ability of a 50 percent chance of sense avoidance. With stealth characters and the right perks, that could give some characters as much as 80-90 percent avoidance and give them a fighting chance in a one-on-one endgame scenario. It would make dealing with a sweater-wearing Vanessa an absolute nightmare, though.
3) Or go the other way with it entirely and make it so that Jason can spot the sweater-wearer via Sense no matter where she is, similar to how you can spot anyone on the map once you get Rage. This would even make some storyline sense, since Jason has some sort of psychic connection to the sweater and his mother.

• Like 1

In my opinion, this  whole "bullying" crap with Jason is/was way overreacted to. Jason had/has the tools necessary to beat any scenario. I first thought this whole reinventing Jason would be a good thing...but now I'm starting to think of all the problems it will cause. Maybe not...but the game was sort of balanced...it needed small tweaks, not this. Just my opinion...well see.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, americanalien said:

Wait until people who team with Jason stun him into rage 2 mins into the game.....

2 minutes of not being attacked by Jason is plenty of time for the counselors to get stuff done. 

35 minutes ago, Bonker2468 said:

1) Make it transferrable, where you can drop it and pick it up like an item or weapons. Or after the sweater girl is killed it falls to the ground and can be picked up by another female character.
2) Give it an extra ability of a 50 percent chance of sense avoidance. With stealth characters and the right perks, that could give some characters as much as 80-90 percent avoidance and give them a fighting chance in a one-on-one endgame scenario. It would make dealing with a sweater-wearing Vanessa an absolute nightmare, though.
3) Or go the other way with it entirely and make it so that Jason can spot the sweater-wearer via Sense no matter where she is, similar to how you can spot anyone on the map once you get Rage. This would even make some storyline sense, since Jason has some sort of psychic connection to the sweater and his mother.

It's already easy enough to kill Jason. It's going to be even easier when this update drops. I don't think we need a transferrable sweater.

4 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

It's already easy enough to kill Jason. It's going to be even easier when this update drops. I don't think we need a transferrable sweater.

Easier how?

35 minutes ago, americanalien said:

In my opinion, this  whole "bullying" crap with Jason is/was way overreacted to. Jason had/has the tools necessary to beat any scenario. I first thought this whole reinventing Jason would be a good thing...but now I'm starting to think of all the problems it will cause. Maybe not...but the game was sort of balanced...it needed small tweaks, not this. Just my opinion...well see.

I agree, a small percentage of Jason kill teams has Jason players freaking out that the big man from The Lake is a wuss. Regardless of who he was in the films there HAS TO BE a fair chance for a councillor to survive otherwise this is just a dying simulator.

The community will kill this game,  not as so often blamed, the devs.

24 minutes ago, Bonker2468 said:

I hate typing on an iPhone. The stupid auto correct screws up my posts. :-(.

But anyway... I like the ideas but...

1. I’m not sure if I want to make it transferable. Because the goal of the counselors isn’t to kill Jason.  The kill should be the last resort.

2. However,  I do like the idea  that taking the swearter immediately puts a target on your back.  This way the player has to decide if they ready to try to out maneuver Jason for the rest of the match.   If they die,  it should the sweater is only transferable if everyone else is dead. 

And and soon as the sweater is picked, up Jason gets another audio alert from mother, can sense where the person, is and then prepare for another final confrontation.   

Or if the person doesn’t want to confront Jason they can still try to escape via vehicle or through the cops.

Either the end result should be an interesting  end game for both sides.  The councelor can prepare but should always be at  a disadvantage. 

You want to know why this patch is so great? Because I am so tired of seeing people escape/run out the timer from doing the following:

1. Play as Vanessa

2. Run the Heavy Hitter Perk and Medic Perk

3. Arm yourself with a baseball bat

4. Take advantage of a missed Jason grab attempt (due to the animation lock on the grab, not due to a lack of skill from the Jason player), by waiting for a missed grab and then stunning Jason with the bat

5. Rinse, repeat for the last 8 minutes of the round, re-arming with a new bat when necessary, healing if Jason is lucky enough to land a knife throw 

Nothing will be give me more pleasure than seeing people unable to do that anymore. You should be trying to hit Jason with something as an absolute last resort, not purposely kiting him to take advantage of a bad grab mechanic.  

Now, the correct thing will happen. When a 125 pound woman tries to hit Jason with a wooden bat while he is enraged, he will grab her and split her in two. As it should be. Sorry all you Vanessa players, trolling Jason for the last 8 minutes of a match is no more.  Better actually try to play the game correctly, escape sooner, or don’t go out of your way  to fight him earlier in the match, so rage mode takes longer.

Also, Jason being able to be stunned when walking through doors was always one of the cheapest aspects of the game, so good riddance to that as well.  

This is the best change to the game in months. My ONLY gripe is that I do believe that fire crackers should still stun him while in rage mode (but not the flare gun).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, americanalien said:

but the game was sort of balanced

thats a funny joke. no more treating jason like piniata after he gets rage, teenagers will wave to run, not troll jason. its the best thing in new patch and it hits troll players more than anybody else.

• Like 1

Some of you forget or don’t know that firecrackers and the flare originally did not stun Jason. This patch is RESTORING those elements how they used to be after rage so I don’t see the problem.

I usually have the car ready way before rage is active thanks to everyone else charging at Jason like he's full of candy. I'm really curious if this is going to change how I have to play. Might not have that luxurious extra 5 minutes while he's busy with the fight club and not guarding objectives. 

1 hour ago, Bonker2468 said:

I like this one. Would make people wait til last minute to go for the sweater. In current state u just have to wait for him to morph and you are free and clear...

1 hour ago, Treymaker said:

You want to know why this patch is so great? Because I am so tired of seeing people escape/run out the timer from doing the following:

1. Play as Vanessa

2. Run the Heavy Hitter Perk and Medic Perk

3. Arm yourself with a baseball bat

4. Take advantage of a missed Jason grab attempt (due to the animation lock on the grab, not due to a lack of skill from the Jason player), by waiting for a missed grab and then stunning Jason with the bat

5. Rinse, repeat for the last 8 minutes of the round, re-arming with a new bat when necessary, healing if Jason is lucky enough to land a knife throw 

Nothing will be give me more pleasure than seeing people unable to do that anymore. You should be trying to hit Jason with something as an absolute last resort, not purposely kiting him to take advantage of a bad grab mechanic.  

Now, the correct thing will happen. When a 125 pound woman tries to hit Jason with a wooden bat while he is enraged, he will grab her and split her in two. As it should be. Sorry all you Vanessa players, trolling Jason for the last 8 minutes of a match is no more.  Better actually try to play the game correctly, escape sooner, or don’t go out of your way  to fight him earlier in the match, so rage mode takes longer.

Also, Jason being able to be stunned when walking through doors was always one of the cheapest aspects of the game, so good riddance to that as well.  

This is the best change to the game in months. My ONLY gripe is that I do believe that fire crackers should still stun him while in rage mode (but not the flare gun).

The game is made for you to adapt to different situations. I'm not trolling or trying to get you mad, but what you have described can be counted.

1: Vanessa is countered if you know how to do it correctly. She is designed to try to draw your attention away from stealthy, slow repair characters, you should save her to last. If it's a case of lobbies filled with a lot of Vanessa's, then you can easily kill them. if they jump through windows, hit them with a throwing knife, and smash windows so they will take damage if they climb through, regardless of their thick skinned, medic perks, they will eventually get hurt and if you're in rage, it will put more pressure on them, you just need to be smart about it. 

2: Again as above, medic will help with the double spray but the more you use your weapons to their ability i.e throwing knifes, it will eventually wear them down, there's a ton of them around the map and a lot with Part 5 and Part 6 Jason's. I like to wear them down and keep pressure on them, eventually they will succumb to the pressure.. Heavy hitter is easy in that you don't get baited into being hit. I like to do the old 360 when they try to hit you or keep going after them until they lose stamina and try to get that stamina recharge bonus stun, it's all about being switched on and alert for when they try to stun you. 

3: If you miss the grab then that is a skill error because you were baited or missed the grab. It's the same thing if a counselor tries to aimlessly swing at you and misses, Jason will grab you and kill you. A lot of players will bait you by pretending to run up to you as if they're trying to hit you, then back out to see if the Jason players try to reach which they miss and then get stunned. It's all about outplaying the counselors. 

It sounds like you were one of those Jason players who used to abuse the old grab animation of being able to reach non stop and do the old 360 quick grab that you can't do anymore. Stunning Jason is part of the game, that's why you have characters like Buggzy, Adam, Fox, Shelly, to protect the stealthy repair characters, with this new patch, Players like Buggzy will be useless because in rage, he won't be able to stun and trust me even with his athletic stats, his stamina depletes quickly and without being able to stun Jason, he serves no purpose and in rage, Jason can see everything so what happens if a really good Jason traps the phone, car, boat etc and people can't repair that because he morphs on them whenever the set a trap off? Those slow characters will be destroyed straight away and will make even more players rage quit. They made the stun time on Jason a lot quicker to snap out of it, i remember when sometimes it would take over 10 seconds to come out of a stun. It's obvious that you agree with this new patch because you're not able to kill Vanessa's and are juked around till the end of the game. Sounds like a lot of people who can't learn how to counter something, so they want the devs to patch things to make it easier, rather then adapt and learn how to counter something. While i agree that Vanessa's shouldn't be just trying to survive the 20 minutes (most lvl 150 players who think their op do it) the whole rage thing is way to OP for Jason and trust me, i prefer to play Jason and i mainly play Adam, Tiffany, Eric and then others if i'm with friends for a laugh. And you can also get into lobbies with people who are new and have no idea what they're doing or players who team up with Jason, so that will be fun when he gets rage and you can't do anything about it. I'd rather the door stun when you walk through as opposed to the stupid stun through windows stun through an locked door thing that used to be in the game (you can still stun Jason if his close enough to  a window though). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thunder said:

The game is made for you to adapt to different situations. I'm not trolling or trying to get you mad, but what you have described can be counted.

1: Vanessa is countered if you know how to do it correctly. She is designed to try to draw your attention away from stealthy, slow repair characters, you should save her to last. If it's a case of lobbies filled with a lot of Vanessa's, then you can easily kill them. if they jump through windows, hit them with a throwing knife, and smash windows so they will take damage if they climb through, regardless of their thick skinned, medic perks, they will eventually get hurt and if you're in rage, it will put more pressure on them, you just need to be smart about it. 

2: Again as above, medic will help with the double spray but the more you use your weapons to their ability i.e throwing knifes, it will eventually wear them down, there's a ton of them around the map and a lot with Part 5 and Part 6 Jason's. I like to wear them down and keep pressure on them, eventually they will succumb to the pressure.. Heavy hitter is easy in that you don't get baited into being hit. I like to do the old 360 when they try to hit you or keep going after them until they lose stamina and try to get that stamina recharge bonus stun, it's all about being switched on and alert for when they try to stun you. 

3: If you miss the grab then that is a skill error because you were baited or missed the grab. It's the same thing if a counselor tries to aimlessly swing at you and misses, Jason will grab you and kill you. A lot of players will bait you by pretending to run up to you as if they're trying to hit you, then back out to see if the Jason players try to reach which they miss and then get stunned. It's all about outplaying the counselors. 

It sounds like you were one of those Jason players who used to abuse the old grab animation of being able to reach non stop and do the old 360 quick grab that you can't do anymore. Stunning Jason is part of the game, that's why you have characters like Buggzy, Adam, Fox, Shelly, to protect the stealthy repair characters, with this new patch, Players like Buggzy will be useless because in rage, he won't be able to stun and trust me even with his athletic stats, his stamina depletes quickly and without being able to stun Jason, he serves no purpose and in rage, Jason can see everything so what happens if a really good Jason traps the phone, car, boat etc and people can't repair that because he morphs on them whenever the set a trap off? Those slow characters will be destroyed straight away and will make even more players rage quit. They made the stun time on Jason a lot quicker to snap out of it, i remember when sometimes it would take over 10 seconds to come out of a stun. It's obvious that you agree with this new patch because you're not able to kill Vanessa's and are juked around till the end of the game. Sounds like a lot of people who can't learn how to counter something, so they want the devs to patch things to make it easier, rather then adapt and learn how to counter something. While i agree that Vanessa's shouldn't be just trying to survive the 20 minutes (most lvl 150 players who think their op do it) the whole rage thing is way to OP for Jason and trust me, i prefer to play Jason and i mainly play Adam, Tiffany, Eric and then others if i'm with friends for a laugh. And you can also get into lobbies with people who are new and have no idea what they're doing or players who team up with Jason, so that will be fun when he gets rage and you can't do anything about it. I'd rather the door stun when you walk through as opposed to the stupid stun through windows stun through an locked door thing that used to be in the game (you can still stun Jason if his close enough to  a window though). 

Yep i expect the rage quitting to drastically go up once people learn they can't fight off Jason after he goes into rage mode. Rage quitting has already been a problem but now it will be an even bigger problem. It's going to hurt the game more than help trust me on this one.

So I just played two matches. The first match as a counselor I was able to repair a car (with Vanessa) and get it out before Jason went into rage. 

And then I played Jason and managed to get 8/8 before rage kicked in.

So I have the feeling that players who were already adept at completing objectives and escaping won't be too affected by this patch, and Jasons who are above average (which is where I'm at, I'm not super great or anything) won't have to rely on rage as a crutch, either. 

• Like 2