xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

11 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Thought they said a shotgun is the only thing that will drop him to his knees. But hell if you can still use Tommy's axe then litterally nothing has changed...

Without the suiciding factor, then in most games the one that becomes Tommy will be the least experienced in the lobby. A Jason killer has to make sure that he is the first or second person killed, which isn’t always the easiest thing. I will often morph away from people early in the game that seem far too eager to die. 

22 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Thought they said a shotgun is the only thing that will drop him to his knees. But hell if you can still use Tommy's axe then litterally nothing has changed...

Yeah, killing Jason should be about the same.

I’m disappointed, I think they’re trying but don’t actually understand.

I just hope the outdated client -bullshit gets fixed... Every Jason -buff is just a bonus. 

59 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I’m interested in how they adjusted the swing. As far as I can tell he already had the ability to hit more than one person at a time.

I believe the way they described it is that Jason could already hit more than one counselor but once that damage was registered by the first hit box/counselor then the other counselors received 0% damage from the attack. So with the patch, if you slice through 3 counselors then all 3 receive 100% of the damage.  

A player technically can still suicide out and return as tommy if it's a team effort. You'd just have to step in traps you didn't set. Or just step in Jason's.

I do think this might make non fast counselors extra useless if meta counselors keep trying to pummel him into submission/go for the kill even if only shotguns/the sweater stun him in rage because unless stealth/composure/fear become more relevant to gameplay, this is still just doing nothing to counselor play while just changing Jason gameplay.

A simple nerf to Jason within reason would be NOT allowing him to toggle sense. As it is, the meta counselors and silly meta perks typically dominate lobbies and it would be a shame if the gameplay dictates that slower/stealth/fixers become less relevant because Jason is in rage before the halfway point due to trolls and killsquads who just want to hit/try to kill him.

@mattshotcha

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

I do think this might make non fast counselors extra useless...and it would be a shame if the gameplay dictates that slower/stealth/fixers become less relevant

I don't think this will be the case tbh. I've always taken a lone-wolf approach to escape and it works pretty well most of the time already, especially in the small maps. I see what you're saying though and I'm sure it'll be the case in some matches. There'll probably be a window where players are going to have to adjust. 

@Somethin Cool

Chad can swing away all he wants. He won't break Jason's rhythm any longer and Jason will just return the swings. Chad isn't winning that one. 

The slashers are going to come out of the woodwork I think. More power to them.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Without the suiciding factor, then in most games the one that becomes Tommy will be the least experienced in the lobby. A Jason killer has to make sure that he is the first or second person killed, which isn’t always the easiest thing. I will often morph away from people early in the game that seem far too eager to die. 

Yet I manage to be Tommy roughly 80% of the time without suiciding. It's not hard to get killed early in a match.

26 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Yeah, killing Jason should be about the same.

I’m disappointed, I think they’re trying but don’t actually understand.

As usual. Just watch everyone rage quit when they see the mask icon on their minimap. SMH...

6 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

“Make it so number one !!!”

I bet non stunning hits still do more damage and make for quicker mask removal. Be careful what you wish for...

3 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Chad can swing away all he wants. He won't break Jason's rhythm any longer and Jason will just return the swings. Chad isn't winning that one

That's why they don't need to worry about swift attack anymore.

4 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

I don't think this will be the case tbh. I've always taken a lone-wolf approach to escape and it works pretty well most of the time already, especially in the small maps. I see what you're saying though and I'm sure it'll be the case in some matches. There'll probably be a window where players are going to have to adjust. 

@Somethin Cool

Chad can swing away all he wants. He won't break Jason's rhythm any longer and Jason will just return the swings. Chad isn't winning that one. 

The slashers are going to come out of the woodwork I think. More power to them.

Oh slashing will become easier now because Jason will have no fear of stuns or being slowed down when hit when counselors get freed from the grab. He can swing away and now with the melee swing being able to do more. I can see it. Its all he really has anyway because grab is only useful 1v1.

I could see more players going for the sweater early if only to make Jason more paranoid about it.

37 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Well I’m sure this well cut the player base in half.

We will see how the patch plays out it could be the best thing that’s happened for the game in months..... 

untill play tested we should reserve judgment.

Were perks being addressed in this patch in any form? Specifically only getting higher rarities after a certain level or whatever had been bright up?

2 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

We will see how the patch plays out it could be the best thing that’s happened for the game in months..... 

Well I understand Jason needed some help against groups but at least half the people playing this game wanna fight with him and soon as they realize he won’t stun after a few min that will be the end of this game for them. Why does nobody seem to understand that the majority of players on this game don’t post in these forums and play the game all the time? The majority of quick play lobbies Jason kills between 6-8 people already.

On 1/29/2019 at 11:26 PM, DasMurich said:

A player technically can still suicide out and return as tommy if it's a team effort. You'd just have to step in traps you didn't set. Or just step in Jason's.

Dying in a non Jason trap counts as a suicide. You won’t die the first time you step in it. You’d have to reset it. Either way, it isn’t going to be as easy as calling Tommy and jumping in and out of windows until death anymore. You’re going to need help, and by the time you get that help two other counselors on the other side of the map could alrrady be dead. The changes aren’t meant to make becoming Tommy impossible, just more difficult.

On 1/29/2019 at 11:11 PM, Urmomsnewman said:

Well I’m sure this well cut the player base in half.

If it gets rid of the half that plays like assholes then it’ll be no great loss. They make for hateful playing experiences anyways.

On 1/29/2019 at 11:58 PM, Urmomsnewman said:

Well I understand Jason needed some help against groups but at least half the people playing this game wanna fight with him and soon as they realize he won’t stun after a few min that will be the end of this game for them. Why does nobody seem to understand that the majority of players on this game don’t post in these forums and play the game all the time? The majority of quick play lobbies Jason kills between 6-8 people already.

Or maybe, just maybe, they’ll stick around to be Jason because it will finally be fun to play Jason?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DasMurich said:

Nothing stuns him. Pocket knives still force him to drop you and that animation runs while he pulls it out. But once raged basically nothing will stun him. He can still be killed, it doesn't effect that sequence. 

I think it's great. If players want to just beat on him it'll be at their own peril. 

His weapon swing will now hit multiple counselors as well. So if they group up everyone he hits is taking damage, not just the first one it connects with.

And I just realized when you hit rage and are chasing those last couple counselors you'll be able to just rage through the doors and walls without constantly being stunned by them waiting there with a wrench. 

I agree with you 100% it is a great addition theoretically can’t wait to take the new patch out for a test drive.!

2 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Dying in a non Jason trap counts as a suicide. You won’t die the first time you step in it. You’d have to reset it. Either way, it isn’t going to be as easy as calling Tommy and jumping in and out of windows until death anymore.

Use the window til near death then step in a trap someone else set. Done. Or step in Jason's trap and wait for him to pop in and kill you. Easy.

5 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Use the window til near death then step in a trap someone else set. Done. Or step in Jason's trap and wait for him to pop in and kill you. Easy.

As I said, it isn’t meant to make it impossible, just harder. And it doesn’t matter how easy it is in theory, in practice it takes a lot more time to set up than DIY. By then, two others could be dead.  

1 minute ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

As I said, it isn’t meant to make it impossible, just harder. And it doesn’t matter how easy it is in theory, in practice it takes a lot more time to set up than DIY. By then, two others could be dead.  

Like I said I do it without suiciding now and still get at least 5 a day. I'm just pointing out how easy the work around is. With as much as they changed, they didn't really change anything. Either be gone before rage or kill him before rage... 

16 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Or maybe, just maybe, they’ll stick around to be Jason because it will finally be fun to play Jason?

Well said!

2 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Like I said I do it without suiciding now and still get at least 5 a day. I'm just pointing out how easy the work around is. With as much as they changed, they didn't really change anything. Either be gone before rage or kill him before rage... 

But most people do do it by suicide which is precisely what they’re rightfully trying to curb. Anyways, when I play as Jason, 5 out of 6 times Tommy isn’t even called because I hit the power box first, which makes it all largely moot. I’m finding that more and more Jasons play this way as well. 

1 hour ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Well I understand Jason needed some help against groups

Agreed

but at least half the people playing this game wanna fight with him and soon as they realize he won’t stun after a few min that will be the end of this game for them.

The game has made several changes Nerfing Jason through out its life span so far.....this will take a a learning curve for some players but it’s a patch/buff that takes nothing away from Counselors, Jason is still able to be stunned just not in the way you’ve  been accustomed to....

Jason being an actually threat later in the match or because he has been bullied because of terrible mechanics is a good thing.

Why does nobody seem to understand that the majority of players on this game don’t post in these forums and play the game all the time?

Players will be heard one way or the other why do you think these changes are being added the playerbase is wanting a change!

and the developers don’t just use this forum to judge the changes to the game or trust me they would be even more drastic.

The majority of quick play lobbies Jason kills between 6-8 people already.

It is very possible to go 6-8 in quick play that doesn’t mean gameplay mechanics are were they should be.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Oh I am eager to try it out, but you wouldn’t believe the level of judgement that hangs on those first few matches tomorrow. It could be great and really bring the game closer to balanced but it doesn’t feel like it will in my head. I’m not going to add much more till I test it myself, no need to repeat @Somethin Cool‘s very valid points and I imagine he isn’t adding the other things he’s thought for the same reason I’m not, this has the potential to backfire and I wish they’d run it by the forum.

I’m glad that this patch was announced and covered on the stream, which is actually more encouraging than the patch notes actually appearing on the forum, I’m only half kidding but it makes my point without ranting. The streams have real potential, so I’m trying to be positive... it isn’t working is it?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Why does nobody seem to understand that the majority of players on this game don’t post in these forums and play the game all the time?

You know who will probably like this? The majority of new players, who don't spend time on the forums, that I watch get their ass beat for 15 minutes the first few times they're selected to play Jason. They may do better than 1/8 in their first few goes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Urmomsnewman said:

The majority of people that just want to fight Jason are trolls that find it funny when the Jason player rage quits and never plays the game again. If these type of people leave the game permanently, then good riddance to them. But I would say they are far fewer than half the player base. If half the world were assholes on that level... we would have destroyed ourselves a long time ago.

45 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

You know who will probably like this? The majority of new players, who don't spend time on the forums, that I watch get their ass beat for 15 minutes the first few times they're selected to play Jason. They may do better than 1/8 in their first few goes. 

I have to agree with you on that... hopefully some of these new players will actually stick around if the frustration level is not so high... Most of the new players I see this happen to mysteriously disappear and are never heard from again... and there have been a lot of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1